10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    https://twitter.com/stribrooks/statu...86985041022976
    Good thing the police has pepper spray to protect themselves. The cop must have feared for his life in that situation...
    Man good thing we had such courageous men and women protecting our property from gangs of violent extremi--

Ha ha, just kidding. Fuck the police.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Totally going to save that for later use when you complain.
    Really? Because I'm not the one saying "it's just one bad apple".

I don't believe in the phrase, I just think it's hilarious when chuds misuse it to try and downplay systemic racism.

Also, how's that jjapaguri? Make sure to check your basement for ghosts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    That's easy there's zero accountability for the police without videos even with the system let's them get away with murder.

The culture of the police itself is racist and protects bad behavior. There were four cops there watching that man die one of them was a minority.
    Yep. The old saying "rules for thee but not for me" comes to mind when it comes to how the law deals with police killing civilians and criminals, especially so indiscriminately. What is a justice system when the system continually fails those who deserve justice. The cop who killed George Floyd, should be facing 1st degree murder charges, and his partners on the scene who did nothing should be charged with accessory to murder because they could have easily stopped it.

The charges as they currently exist are horribly insufficient and do nothing to uphold justice and effectively allow police to keep doing the shit they are doing rather than upholding the law without trying to be above it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Yep. The old saying "rules for thee but not for me" comes to mind when it comes to how the law deals with police killing civilians and criminals, especially so indiscriminately. What is a justice system when the system continually fails those who deserve justice. The cop who killed George Floyd, should be facing 1st degree murder charges, and his partners on the scene who did nothing should be charged with accessory to murder because they could have easily stopped it.

The charges as they currently exist are horribly insufficient and do nothing to uphold justice and effectively allow police to keep doing the shit they are doing rather than upholding the law without trying to be above it.
    Mind the fake he was even charges shows that inches have been gained. Those charges are insignificant because no one can count on the system to actually give him what he deserves so it's runs on 'I'll take what I can get then'.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    For those who are planning on going out and participating in any protests, please make sure you are well prepared:

The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Why do so many in this thread excuse the riots and violence against police?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie N View Post
    Why do so many in this thread excuse the riots and violence against police?
    This is why.

Any further questions?

Another case, that was not covered here yet... horrible

https://twitter.com/KillerMartinis/s...18525600399361
    https://twitter.com/KillerMartinis/s...86161143537669
    https://twitter.com/KillerMartinis/s...49738990784512

That police brutality has to stop. This is getting into fascist territory.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    This is why.

Any further questions?
    That's a bad reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another great protest tip learned from folks in Hong Kong:

Traffic cones are great for containing tear gas while you extinguish them with dry ice or something else of that sort.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a bad reason.
    Yeah, I can't imagine someone from Vietnam would remotely understand what it's like living under a campaign of state sponsored terror against minority groups. /s

To have lived and learned nothing is truly the greatest sin.

10+ Year Old Account
    both of them deserve the death sentence. and then have their families pay for the victims families damages. police officers are expected to conduct themselves as begets their station.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

This is why.

Any further questions?
    You mean the dude that's been arrested? What exactly do you think would have stopped the riots short of his extrajudicial execution?

Yeah, I can't imagine someone from Vietnam would remotely understand what it's like living under a campaign of state sponsored terror against minority groups. /s

To have lived and learned nothing is truly the greatest sin.
    There is no state sponsored terror against minority groups here. Wtf? xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    You mean the dude that's been arrested? What exactly do you think would have stopped the riots short of his extrajudicial execution?
    1) Bringing charges against him immediately rather than pussyfooting around until after a CNN reporter got arrested on the air.
    2) The MPD not aggravating the situation by starting shit at a peaceful protest to turn it into a riot.

And finally, because this apparently needs repeating in the age of white amnesia:

3) Stopping the murders.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no state sponsored terror against minority groups here. Wtf? xD
    Oh, so you just don't know anything about history. My mistake.

The exit is that way.

btw, how many of the riots seem to start:
    (already posted the pepper spray thing few posts above)

https://twitter.com/Brittm_tv/status...97944796225538

Maybe, if you don't want riots, just don't attack peaceful protesters. Just a hunch.
    Props to the lady in the red dress, not bad. You go girl!

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a bad reason.
    What is it that you would suggest? Anything peaceful is pretty much out. Nobody gives a shit. It hasn't worked so far, and minorities are still oppressed like usual.

How about you stop murdering and oppressing the minorities first, and there wouldn't be a reason to protest? Lives are more important than stuff. In an unjust system, people tend to get pissed off something fierce. No surprises there.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Oh, so you just don't know anything about history. My mistake.

The exit is that way.
    Say what you talk about instead of just throwing something out there and expecting others to read your mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    btw, how many of the riots seem to start:
    (already posted the pepper spray thing few posts above)

https://twitter.com/Brittm_tv/status...97944796225538

Maybe, if you don't want riots, just don't attack peaceful protesters. Just a hunch.
    Props to the lady in the red dress, not bad. You go girl!
    God, why do police always look so snotty. Can't even hold a bike without exuding Ea de Jackass.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    What is it that you would suggest? Anything peaceful is pretty much out. Nobody gives a shit. It hasn't worked so far, and minorities are still oppressed like usual.

You think this works?

Collective violence and threats – Collective violence such as pushing, shoving, hitting, punching, damaging property, throwing objects, verbal threats, etc., is usually committed by a relative few out of many protesters (even tens of thousands). Rare in occurrence, rarely condoned by the public or onlookers (particularly the media). Usually met with equivalent or overwhelming force in response to authorities. At times in U.S. history lauded as the only way to get results, but little empirical evidence violence succeeds in goal attainment.
    It's just something people use as an excuse to be violent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    How about you stop murdering and oppressing the minorities first, and there wouldn't be a reason to protest? Lives are more important than stuff. In an unjust system, people tend to get pissed off something fierce.
    I haven't murdered nor oppressed someone.

10+ Year Old Account
    You think this works?

It's just something people use as an excuse to be violent.
    "These protesters don't want what they say they want, and I'm allowed to accuse them of whatever motives I choose because I don't like the way they're protesting."

Lol, sit down Karen.

Peaceful protest hasn't worked. That's the point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, if you don't understand the situation and history of the US right now just chill and go do something else.

The wound that just opened up is bigger than just one incident.

Resident Cosplay Progressive