10+ Year Old Account
    Any leaders of foreign nations interested in reinstating law and order in our country, like we do to others when their government is being oppressive? We could really use a hand here.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    https://twitter.com/BFriedmanDC/stat...995610624?s=19

I agree.

What is with this military cosplay? Camouflage does not help at all. Of course this makes cops feed their military fetish.
    Further, the whole pint of a uniform is so when you see them you know they are police and that they are empowered by the state to give you orders above and beyond some random.

Camouflage actively works to defeat that end.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Further, the whole pint of a uniform is so when you see them you know they are police and that they are empowered by the state to give you orders above and beyond some random.

Camouflage actively works to defeat that end.
    Where I live most of the police cars are all black with reflective lettering and no more rooftop lights just lights inside the grill and windshield so you can't even tell they are cops.

I agree.

What is with this military cosplay? Camouflage does not help at all. Of course this makes cops feed their military fetish.
    If i recall this trend started as a way to save money buying up old military surplus vs buying new police tactical gear, same with some of the APC's used by police forces. Right or wrong the intent was to save money.

Personally i don't care but I guess being exposed to such uniforms during the best years of my life made not notice the difference. I can see where civvie would prefer to dedicated cop uniforms and I'd fully support them having to have a uniquely police uniforms vs mil surplus.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    If i recall this trend started as a way to save money buying up old military surplus vs buying new police tactical gear, same with some of the APC's used by police forces. Right or wrong the intent was to save money.

Personally i don't care but I guess being exposed to such uniforms during the best years of my life made not notice the difference. I can see where civvie would prefer to dedicated cop uniforms and I'd fully support them having to have a uniquely police uniforms vs mil surplus.
    Obviously to save money we should just not have a major surplus enough for literally thousands upon thousands of police departments.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Obviously to save money we should just not have a major surplus enough for literally thousands upon thousands of police departments.
    Lots of the surplus comes from downsizes since the cold war, also all the branches went through a "phase" and developed their own camo, resulting in current unfirorms being dumped onto the market as they were no longer authorized for wear. yes that "phase" was a waste in spending.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Where I live most of the police cars are all black with reflective lettering and no more rooftop lights just lights inside the grill and windshield so you can't even tell they are cops.
    Yes, and this is a problem because it is representative of the fact the police are not there as approachable public servants but as instruments of collecting fines and harassing citizens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9633331.html

The Gestapo are being sent into Chicago now.
    Here's an important question.

Can people protect themselves from gestapo.

Being that they are acting counter to the constitution, and we do have 2a rights which are specifically there to allow us to defend ourselves from government tyranny.

Is it an issue if people rally up and just start shooting them? The armed, unknown, non-named people with no identification violating constitutional law?

Especially considering any reasonable person could think they are far right wing racist militias as they look the fucking same

10+ Year Old Account

Being that they are acting counter to the constitution, and we do have 2a rights which are specifically there to allow us to defend ourselves from government tyranny.

Is it an issue if people rally up and just start shooting them? The armed, unknown, non-named people with no identification violating constitutional law?

Especially considering any reasonable person could think they are far right wing racist militias as they look the fucking same
    Would a reasonable person assume that an armed individual without any badge or identification attempting to force them into a van was a kidnapping and be entitled to respond accordingly?

Absolutely. And I suspect the desperation of the right has reached a point where they're willing to try and put people in this position in order to provoke exactly this sort of response.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Would a reasonable person assume that an armed individual without any badge or identification attempting to force them into a van was a kidnapping and be entitled to respond accordingly?

Absolutely. And I suspect the desperation of the right has reached a point where they're willing to try and put people in this position in order to provoke exactly this sort of response.
    Can we get a NATO response? I want a fucking NATO response. Currently a member of NATO is under attack by rogue actors in its government.

The goal of NATO is:

NATO's essential and enduring purpose is to safeguard the freedom and security of all its members by political and military means.
    Our freedoms, and security are under attack. Literally our constitutional rights are being infringed upon by a paramilitary controlled by a few in high places HOW FUCKING COMMUNIST MIND YOU (but we all know they loved the USSR). And citizens are being kidnaped, injured, or killed. By mystery men no one knows who the fuck they are.

This paramilitary also may have relations with domestic terror groups... which is so common among any enforcement in this country.

So in short:

Untrained, mystery, paramilitary gestapo controlled by few top men in government. Are attacking Americans, kidnapping Americans, injuring Americans. And violating the constitution rights of Americans. And may have connections with domestic terror groups.

So we have a secret police... this is the type of thing America sent the CIA in to other countries to solve

This is the type of shit that had America encouraging and orchestrating COUPS in Latin America.
    Last edited by Themius; 2020-07-22 at 08:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Anyone trying to shove a citizen into an unmarked van should be treated as a kidnapping. There is no reason to presume these "officers" aren't criminals or gang members in paramilitary LARP gear. Not only should resistance be permitted, it should be legally encouraged, up to and including the use of lethal force against these officers, who would not be justified in use of lethal force in response, as they're the aggressors acting criminally.

No personal identification like a name and badge number? Not an officer of any government institution, and thus just a hostile citizen assaulting you. Camo gear like you could buy at any Army surplus is not evidence of anything and not a reason to assume these are officers of the law in any respect whatsoever; in fact, the use of camo argues that they are not officers of the law, because camo has next to zero use in law enforcement, and I only make the allowance of "next to" for the VERY niche case of a police sniper keeping their position concealed because an armed enemy might spot them and take fire on their position. Which isn't what's happening here.

These are shitheads kidnapping innocent people for no legal justification that has been presented. Resistance isn't just allowed, it should be expected and applauded.

15+ Year Old Account

Well, right now everyone can witness first hand how the 2nd is actually doing fuck all to protect people from a tyrannical government because the same people that argue they need the 2nd to defend themselves from a tyrannical government are in support of said tyrannical government because law and order or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Well, right now everyone can witness first hand how the 2nd is actually doing fuck all to protect people from a tyrannical government because the same people that argue they need the 2nd to defend themselves from a tyrannical government are in support of said tyrannical government because law and order or something.
    The 2nd Amendment has never protected anyone from tyrannical government and was never intended to.

15+ Year Old Account
    The 2nd Amendment has never protected anyone from tyrannical government and was never intended to.
    That's one of their most prominent arguments for keeping it around though.
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    That's one of their most prominent arguments for keeping it around though.
    Which shows how effective anti-American NRA propaganda has been. Nothing more.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Which shows how effective anti-American NRA propaganda has been. Nothing more.
    I think it's just due to brainwashing done by republican propaganda. Remember how fighting the feds was totally a patriotic thing to do when it was the Bundys doing it and how important the 2nd was back then? None of them can be seen right now, which makes you wonder why.

I agree.

Urban camo is a thing and helps in urban contexts (!). And please stop ruining cosplay for me by spouting stuff such as "political cosplay", "military cosplay" and the like. Call it posturing, and leave actual cosplay to people who just want to have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolecent View Post
    I'm getting infracted by an American moderator on an American topic promoting/advocating weapons on a childrens forum, what else to expect on an American forum. I'm done here and i'm going to leave you one thing to remember:
    [extremely graphic picture of dead children]
    Hope you sleep well. With the lack of empathy the majority of you show i guess that won't be a problem. BB

Quote Originally Posted by Coolthulhu View Post
    Urban camo is a thing and helps in urban contexts (!). And please stop ruining cosplay for me by spouting stuff such as "political cosplay", "military cosplay" and the like. Call it posturing, and leave actual cosplay to people who just want to have fun.
    The camo they are in is typically jungle camo not urban camo. Plus it's them acting as military not as a police force that is the point.

Idk if you are serious about the cosplay part, but if so take a chill. Idk how you are that triggered by a mere mention. Here I will help you out. The police are playing dress-up to pretend they are in the military. See I didn't say cosplay.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolthulhu View Post
    Are y'all seriously complaining more about the term cosplay being used "in vain" rather than like actual gestapo on the streets?

And it helps in urban combat contexts, these are supposed to be police.