Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Every time this shit comes up I think back to the video of US law enforcement seeing how UK officers were able to disarm and arrest knife wielding suspects without shooting them dead and struggled to process what they were seeing because it was so foreign to them. Not because they were in the UK, but because they were struggling with the notion that a dangerous suspect armed with a knife could be detained safely without shooting them.
    When you know full well that you can shoot a man and suffer literally no consequences, why would you risk your well-being to try and disarm them without injuring them? Especially when you've been trained to see them as the enemy.

What's happening is the only possible outcome of the training and mindset that US cops are given. Add to that the fact they seem to hire for psycopathic tendencies, and you've got a sure fire recipe for civilian deaths.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Body cam footage has been released. Cops knew for sure he has a knife, and at 5:45 in the video the officer states that if is a gun in his pocket they will figure it out, so it sounds like they thought he might of had more than just the knife. Really wish we would do more about mental health in this country.

Warning Graphic Content
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmMwF0YDBNc

Edit: The officer that fired twice after the cease fire command was stripped of his police power.
    https://apnews.com/article/shootings...63fd4e5014ce79
    Last edited by Deus Mortis; 2022-01-30 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    Body cam footage has been released. Cops knew for sure he has a knife, and at 5:45 in the video the officer states that if is a gun in his pocket they will figure it out, so it sounds like they thought he might of had more than just the knife. Really wish we would do more about mental health in this country.

Warning Graphic Content

Edit: The officer that fired twice after the cease fire command was stripped of his police power.
    Every single one of them should be in fucking prison. 9 fucking officers, and not a single one of them had a fucking taser? No bean bag rounds for that shotgun? Fuck that bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post

Warning Graphic Content

Heartbreaking video.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    Yo, is running drug experiments on people without their knowledge, being held in a location under armed guard, like, historically problematic at all?

Real though, the US prison system was already absolutely fucked before covid and covid has just made it exponentially worse. But like, holy shit if that happened please investigate and fire every single member of the staff who was aware of this and throw every one of them in fuckin jail.

The US prison system is just post-13th Amendment slavery.

https://www.minneapolismn.gov/reside...lved-shooting/

Minnesota cops execute a no-knock warrant, wake up a sleeping man who has a licensed and legal gun with him, immediately shoot and kill him as he's woken up at just before 7AM in the morning without hesitation.

Bonus points: Amir Locke, the innocent man murdered by these police officers, was not named in the original warrant and police can't even confirm if he's connected to the investigation that prompted the no-knock warrant.

https://www.minneapolismn.gov/reside...lved-shooting/

Minnesota cops execute a no-knock warrant, wake up a sleeping man who has a licensed and legal gun with him, immediately shoot and kill him as he's woken up at just before 7AM in the morning without hesitation.

Bonus points: Amir Locke, the innocent man murdered by these police officers, was not named in the original warrant and police can't even confirm if he's connected to the investigation that prompted the no-knock warrant.
    I can't wait for the pro comp killers to come in here defending the cops by saying 'he should have listened to the cops'

Every video I saw was as stated no-knock and the cops entered within seconds and Locke apparently asleep and blanket over his head at the most. Oh yeah yelling 'police, police ', how the eff does Locke know.

Oh you 2nd Amendment apes, better be made as hell What I read he was registered and licensed..
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    I can't wait for the pro comp killers to come in here defending the cops by saying 'he should have listened to the cops'

Every video I saw was as stated no-knock and the cops entered within seconds and Locke apparently asleep and blanket over his head at the most. Oh yeah yelling 'police, police ', how the eff does Locke know.

Oh you 2nd Amendment apes, better be made as hell What I read he was registered and licensed..
    It's a matter of time before some homeowner gets invaded in a no-knock, grabs their gun, and kills every cop who broke in. And get charged, goes to court, and wins, on self-defense. Even if they're the legitimate target of the warrant.

There's no way for the subject of these warrants to identify anyone breaking into their home adequately. They have every right, therefore, to defend themselves, with any force permissible.

And it'll be the fuckin' cops' fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreak...video_emerges/

Under Florida law, he should be facing charges of first degree murder. But predictably, the prosecutor is playing pat-a-cake with the criminal cop.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post

Under Florida law, he should be facing charges of first degree murder. But predictably, the prosecutor is playing pat-a-cake with the criminal cop.
    Jesus fucking christ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post

I'm incredibly skeptical about this.

First of all, this happened 2 years ago, not recently. Second, there's not even a whole lot of evidence that she was pregnant at the time. Even less that there was a miscarriage. The only halfway decent source for the miscarriage is an article in Newsweek, which, I mean... Newsweek is a fucking rag, anymore. Other than that, it's just a bunch of reddit and twitter accounts, for the most part.

Furthermore, more respectable, in-depth articles make no mention of a miscarriage, or even really a pregnancy. In a video interview with her and her attorney, they don't mention a miscarriage.

The officer, by all reports, is a piece of shit and was fired about a week before the video came out a year and a half ago. Not uncoincidentally, he was in a lot of trouble from other incidents, as well:
    Miami Gardens Police Chief Delma Noel-Pratt said Wednesday that she decided to terminate two police officers who are under a criminal investigation by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.

The firings were over a beating that was caught on several videos. It happened before the video of George Floyd’s killing shed light on the worldwide challenges with police brutality.

“I terminated the officers because the behavior was egregious and will not be tolerated at the department,” Noel-Pratt said in a statement.

One of the officers is accused of beating up a suspect’s acquaintance. The other officer is accused of covering it up by not downloading his bodycam footage, which is a requirement after every shift.
    And after the video came out, the cop was arrested and is facing felony charges over the incident.

TL;DR: Don't trust reddit "news".

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    TL;DR: Don't trust reddit "news".
    This shit is why I always look for an article in the higher voted comments. Too much shit just gets upvoted without anyone bothering to check shit because it sounds good and yeah upvoting shit that pisses me off is righteous.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's a matter of time before some homeowner gets invaded in a no-knock, grabs their gun, and kills every cop who broke in. And get charged, goes to court, and wins, on self-defense. Even if they're the legitimate target of the warrant.

There's no way for the subject of these warrants to identify anyone breaking into their home adequately. They have every right, therefore, to defend themselves, with any force permissible.

And it'll be the fuckin' cops' fault.
    This has already happened(minus all the cops being killed).
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...n-henry-magee/

No knock warrants should be banned, they pose an extreme danger to the home owners as well as the officers.
    Last edited by Deus Mortis; 2022-02-05 at 03:44 PM.

https://abc3340.com/news/nation-worl...breonna-taylor

The Justice Department announced in September that it was curtailing the use of "no-knock" warrants by its federal agents. Psaki said Biden is now weighing an expansion to other federal agencies. Agents and officers in Homeland Security, for example, also use the tactic.
    Would only apply to federal law enforcement agencies, but this is good shit. Better to stop the practice before feds bust into someone's home and kill them in their sleep.

Would only apply to federal law enforcement agencies, but this is good shit. Better to stop the practice before feds bust into someone's home and kill them in their sleep.
    Yeah, I don't know why that's still legal for any law enforcement agency to perform in the first place. How someone on the other end is supposed to know it's not just a home invasion (and respond accordingly...) is beyond me. I could maybe understand if they knew that the suspects were extremely violent and likely to try to kill the LEOs regardless. But for any other circumstance? It seems like it's just basically guaranteeing someone's going to die unnecessarily.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Yeah, I don't know why that's still legal for any law enforcement agency to perform in the first place.
    IIRC Jon Oliver has a good episode on this, and it largely relates to the, "Well if we announce ourselves they'll flush the drugs down the toiler!" line of thinking etc.

Even if they've rarely ever proven useful and usually end up badly for either the officers or whoever the poor victim of them busting down the wrong door/them getting shot for being woken up by a bunch of armed guys screaming at them incoherently.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also, in general, the existence of no-knock raids is entirely batshit because of the US's gun culture and Second Amendment. How many innocent homeowners have been shot because they had the audacity to legally own a firearm and didn't know who the fuck was barreling through the door?

Quote Originally Posted by Xyonai View Post
    Also, in general, the existence of no-knock raids is entirely batshit because of the US's gun culture and Second Amendment.
    Honestly, the issue of the Second Amendment when it comes to policing period raises a lot of questions. Since we've seen instances like when Philando Castile, who had a legal firearm in his vehicle and told the police officer about its presence beforehand during a traffic stop, was killed essentially for having said legal gun. Or how often, "We thought he had a gun." is used when police shoot a suspect, usually of color, because guns are so commonplace and easy to get in the US even in places with more strict gun laws. That shit won't fly in many other developed, western countries since suspects are not so often armed, and consequently police aren't as heavily armed either.

But that's not a discussion that anyone ever really seems to want to have, because it's an uncomfortable one.