10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And yet, you can't explain how, other than that juries might react in wildly unethical and unreasonable ways that they don't actually act in in practice.
    No, that just demonstrates the limit of your understanding. What I'm describing does not imply anything "wildly unethical" or in an "unreasonable way", and it most definitely happens.

We're not talking about jurors getting pissy and deciding to let a killer walk just to punish the prosecution, which is what you seem to be implying. We're talking about jurors who are opened up to an unconscious sympathy for the defendant (slight as it may be) if the defense can believably argue that the prosecution is on a fishing expedition with multiple contradictory charges because they're not even sure of their own case.

It's a nudge, not a bludgeon. It's not a lack of ethics on the part of the jurors, it's the presence of empathy that the defense can play off of to try to instill doubt.

Jury cases are very, very much about how well you can play the jury, in addition to the facts themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And you've yet to explain why that's a problem.
    Because it's not necessary, except to feed some bystander's need for a worse-sounding charge, regardless of the actual sentencing.

It might be different if we were talking about the difference between a sentence of 2 to 4 years with Man2 or 10 to life with Murder2.

But we're not, and you seem categorically incapable of processing that fact.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

https://whyy.org/articles/delaware-s...osse-team-bus/

The irony of all-white officers searching a majority-Black filled charter bus with students for "drugs" that they did not find is not lost on anyone paying attention.

Herald of the Titans PickleballAce's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Minneapolis renames intersection to honor George Floyd.

St. George truly was the pillar of that community. The man that all Minnesotans can aspire to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post

St. George truly was the pillar of that community. The man that all Minnesotans can aspire to be.
    And in people continuing to adamantly miss the point no matter what: You.

HoW dO MeMoRiAlS wOrK

If he hadn't been murdered in the street by a cop, the world would have continued not giving a shit who he was. But yes, the reaction to his death is the problem, and not the death in the first place.

Fuck off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    HoW dO MeMoRiAlS wOrK
    Pretty sure we've been tearing them down when they're for awful people.

Which St. George wasn't. To be clear.

And the disingenuous follow up.

Shocking.

In which you're still adamant in refusing to get the point and think that a street being named after the victim of police murder, which kicked off a year of protests for racial justice and accountability for bad cops, has anything to do with a statue of a literal traitor to the country erected 100+ years after said traitors lost the war, by a bunch of folks who are still upset that "the darkies" were fighting for and might receive equal rights.

This is why it's so hard to take any conservatives remotely seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This is why it's so hard to take any conservatives remotely seriously.
    Damn, I must've been very confused when I voted last time around. TIL that not wanting to honor bad people makes you a conservative. But only sometimes. It kinda depends.

You truly are a pillar of this community, Edge. A Mod that all MMO-Champions can aspire to be.

"2 things about Whitlock saying our “culture” made George Floyd a hero:

1. Apparently, believing that a Black person shouldn’t be indiscriminately murdered makes them a “hero.”

2. Wanna know how they could’ve stopped George Floyd from becoming a “hero?”

By not murdering him"

https://twitter.com/michaelharriot/s...DgBuGaCqjn267w
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    "2 things about Whitlock saying our “culture” made George Floyd a hero:

1. Apparently, believing that a Black person shouldn’t be indiscriminately murdered makes them a “hero.”
    NAACP: George Floyd, an American Hero

Big fucking yikes.

Orange County NAACP*

Also, based on reporting about his life post-prison, he did try to turn things around - https://wng.org/articles/george-floy...art-1617297601

So yeah, providing food for the hungry and shit? He did that.

Did you have any actual objection to this? Is it the use of "hero"? Why so?

Be more explicit here dude, the vagueness is super convenient when you don't want to make a terrible argument.

And by cutting off the last part of that tweet:
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    In which you're still adamant in refusing to get the point
    Take your shitposting back to whichever white supremacist forums you normally frequent. I'm sure they'll appreciate it more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bushido, you really need to cut it out with the ad homs. This forum takes that stuff very seriously, and it kinda makes you look like a child having a temper tantrum.

You left out the rest: "2. Wanna know how they could’ve stopped George Floyd from becoming a “hero?”

By not murdering him"
    Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect. There is nothing more or else to it, and there never has been, in any place or time. --Frank Wilhoit

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Levelfive View Post
    You left out the rest: "2. Wanna know how they could’ve stopped George Floyd from becoming a “hero?”

By not murdering him"
    Well yeah, Derek Chauvin should not have murdered him. Figured it went without saying but sometimes I have to remind myself of where I am.

Were you expecting me to disagree? Are you mad that I won't?

Well yeah, Derek Chauvin should not have murdered him. Figured it went without saying but sometimes I have to remind myself of where I am.

Naw, when you're just around here dog whistling racism you're gonna get called out. If that upsets you, there are plenty of other places on the internet where you don't even need to dog whistle, you can just be explicit about it and get cheered on.

Lol. Hon, you're the one wetting your pants that "St George," as you called him, is being memorialized; I'm just reminding you no would have heard of him if your spiritual compatriot could have kept it in his pants and just not murdered the guy. Alas. In any case, cope, and such.