Quote Originally Posted by Laughingjack View Post
    1829 was the first "official police" force but they concept of the local power enforcing the rule of law through force wasn't something designed for the express purpose of repressing black people...
    And the first records of black people in Europe date back to before the birth of christ.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    What? There have been police forces for far longer than that.
    I think they started with payed officers in the 1600's

But the romans and ancient Greece even had something resembling the police, or at least fulfilled the same duties.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    And the first records of black people in Europe date back to before the birth of christ.
    Hey, the first people that came here where black :P

- - - Updated - - -

They shoot black people 3x more per capita when they commit crime at the same rate...
    I dont know the statistics. So black people do less crime than white people relative to their population, but they still have higher casualties compared to whites?
    And how many of the cops that kill black people are white?

10+ Year Old Account
    The police as an organization has existed far longer then "black" people were ever in Europe....
    There were black people in London back when it was still called Londinium. Nevermind the rest of Europe.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

What? There have been police forces for far longer than that.
    There have but at some point you called them the town guard.

O...kay? The first police force, called police, was in the 1600’s.

- - - Updated - - -

No. Per capita they commit crimes at similar rates but a black person is 3x more likely to be shot.
    I mean that really isn't a honest way of portraying it... but trying to point out the issues with that line of that is now considered racist.

It’s actually the most honest way of analyzing the situation. Wouldn’t expect you to get it though.
    See here is the thing. I can't debate you... not for a lack of argument but for the fact the concepts I would have to invoke are considered Hersey and local commissioner would perform his duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurgjelme View Post
    Then why do they shoot white people too? If anything the police is the least racist. They will shoot and abuse people of any color.
    Why did nazis kill good stock blond hair blue eyed 100% germans? Also what the fuck are you even trying to say here? Police was least racists? That's not what whistleblowers say, that's not what LITERAL KKK MEMBER UNION LEADRS believe. THAT'S NOT WHAT THE FBI FOUND FORM 2002-2017 AS THEY SAID THERE IS A MAJOR GROWING PROBLEM OF KKK AND WHITE NATIONLIST IN THE POLICE DEPARTMENTS THAT HAS JUST GOTTEN WORSE.

Do you not find it odd when police calling white nationalists brother? And tell them to be careful while they carrying around guns while unharmed? Meanwhile protesters are being shot pushed and such when peaceful?

- - - Updated - - -

1829 was the first "official police" force but they concept of the local power enforcing the rule of law through force wasn't something designed for the express purpose of repressing black people...
    This was not the case at all in the Americas so why pretend it is?

- - - Updated - - -

See here is the thing. I can't debate you... not for a lack of argument but for the fact the concepts I would have to invoke are considered Hersey and local commissioner would perform his duty.
    Totally truth here:

I just now realised that your name is Laughing Jack. Generally I read your posts before your username, so quite literally for months I've though your username was Laughingstock, just because of how ridiculous some of the things you say were. AT times I thought given your username you were doing this on purpose.

Anyway per capita is the most honest way... do you think 10 murders in a town of 400 is after than 400 murders in a city of 3,000,000 because 400 > 10???

It is adorable how many people feel insulted when the allegations that police officers have racism issues Is brought up. Why are they insulted?

I mean the fucking fbi said it themselves in 2002 and after over a decade said it has gotten much worse
    Last edited by Themius; 2020-06-22 at 01:22 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Why did nazis kill good stock blond hair blue eyed 100% germans? Also what the fuck are you even trying to say here? Police was least racists? That's not what whistleblowers say, that's not what LITERAL KKK MEMBER UNION LEADRS believe. THAT'S NOT WHAT THE FBI FOUND FORM 2002-2017 AS THEY SAID THERE IS A MAJOR GROWING PROBLEM OF KKK AND WHITE NATIONLIST IN THE POLICE DEPARTMENTS THAT HAS JUST GOTTEN WORSE.
    [/B]
    It's been a month, when are you going to calm down? I dont even want to imagine the state of your shift button. Hopefully you are a good boy and use caps lock responsibly.

7+ Year Old Account
    So you can’t “debate” without resorting to racism. What does that tell you?

Quote Originally Posted by Aurgjelme View Post
    It's been a month, when are you going to calm down? I dont even want to imagine the state of your shift button. Hopefully you are a good boy and use caps lock responsibly.
    So you’re going to ignore the context??? It’s bolded since people like you keep ignoring it. We have union members who have ties to kkk HAVE BEEN IN THE KKK. Have given talks to white nationalists.

We have the FBI who has been investigating this for 18 years who says it is a major problem that has only gotten far worse especially after 2016.

So where did you pull “police least racist” from because THE DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY and the FBI seem to say it is a major problem that’s only getting worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    So you can’t “debate” without resorting to racism. What does that tell you?
    It tells me that we as a society have lost something.

You know there are some words i've know since i was a school boy. When the first link of the chain is forged, the first speech censured,the first freedom denied it chains us all irrevocably.

The first time any mans freedom is trodden on we are all damaged.

I am not allowed to argue any point but the one that conforms to your own belief. I can't argue self determinism, I can't argue for culture I am constrained by the truth that you have accepted one that has never and can never be proven.

You know there are some words i've know since i was a school boy. When the first link of the chain is forged, the first speech censured,the first freedom denied it chains us all irrevocably.

I am not allowed to argue any point but the one that conforms to your own belief. I can't argue self determinism, I can't argue for culture I am constrained by the truth that you have accepted one that has never and can never be proven.
    Stop fighting for racists who want to trod on minorities... or wait are minorities not equal and therefore it doesn’t count. How does this work.

10+ Year Old Account

This is a private forum.

You're free to express your hate, but you do not have any right to be free from public response to that hate. Losing friends and family, being fired from your job (with cause), being branded public as a racist, those are the consequences you get. And not because of some looming authoritarianism, like you imply.

No, you face those consequences because we are all free. Free to condemn your hate. We're as free as you are, and because your views are petty and false, you won't be able to find a lot of support for them. And everyone telling you that your hate is unacceptable and that you're a terrible person for believing such irrational garbage, that is what freedom looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This is a private forum.

You're free to express your hate, but you do not have any right to be free from public response to that hate. Losing friends and family, being fired from your job (with cause), being branded public as a racist, those are the consequences you get. And not because of some looming authoritarianism, like you imply.

No, you face those consequences because we are all free. Free to condemn your hate. We're as free as you are, and because your views are petty and false, you won't be able to find a lot of support for them. And everyone telling you that your hate is unacceptable and that you're a terrible person for believing such irrational garbage, that is what freedom looks like.
    A interesting take.

Tell me where does your righteous journey end exactly?

I've seen this kind of rationalizing before in history during a rather dark chapter when another group was accused of conspiring of trying to control and subjugate the others. Their beliefs were considered so vile that even listening to them was seen as unreasonable. They couldn't be allowed to do business or run stores.

I suppose they were forced to face the consequences as well...

I am weary of these righteous men. Still I hope your find your witch.

10+ Year Old Account
    A interesting take.

Tell me where does your righteous journey end exactly?
    Why would you think there's an end?

Freedom and equity is a constant struggle. There's always going to those ruled by fear who try and implement stricter controls for some fleeting sense of safety. Pushing for freedom and equity can't ever stop.

I've seen this kind of rationalizing before in history during a rather dark chapter when another group was accused of conspiring of trying to control and subjugate the others. Their beliefs were considered so vile that even listening to them was seen as unreasonable. They couldn't be allowed to do business or run stores.

I suppose they were forced to face the consequences as well...
    Yeah, people who oppose racism and bigotry are totally like Nazis.

That's totally a normal and not a completely ridiculous bit of fucking garbage.

I am weary of these righteous men. Still I hope your find your witch.
    In this context, you literally admitted to being a witch. That's what I was responding to.

Bigotry is irrational, and it's rooted in fear. It's never an argument, because it is not based on facts nor does it have any basis in reason. Just fear.

And the thing is; you know you don't have an argument. That's why you won't even attempt to make it. You know we'll see it for the cockamamie fearmongering whackadoodle nonsense that it is, and make fun of it for being so completely terrible at being an argument. So you're trying to make your desire to victimize others into your own personal victimization, when the simple truth is this.

You can just stop being afraid. Stop hating irrationally. But those stupid ideas to rest. And stop being a nasty person.

People might actually start to like you more.
    Last edited by Endus; 2020-06-22 at 03:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Why would you think there's an end?

Freedom and equity is a constant struggle. There's always going to those ruled by fear who try and implement stricter controls for some fleeting sense of safety. Pushing for freedom and equity can't ever stop.

Yeah, people who oppose racism and bigotry are totally like Nazis.

That's totally a normal and not a completely ridiculous bit of fucking garbage.

In this context, you literally admitted to being a witch. That's what I was responding to.

Bigotry is irrational, and it's rooted in fear. It's never an argument, because it is not based on facts nor does it have any basis in reason. Just fear.
    I see my crime was saying that my opinions wouldn't be well received... well if that isn't proof what is?

Still as ridiculous as it is I would have you describe the differences. Beyond the surface level of course we are not here to argue over belief vs race for example.

You are comfortable with violence being inflicted upon them. You will actively refuse to listen to them, You will remove them from any station you find. It really makes little difference from what ive seen if they commit a crime or respect the law.

Yes the claim is clearly used for shock value but I am concerned with just how accepting society has become with thinking a reasonable response to hearing something it dislikes is to try to eradicate it with force.

I see my crime was saying that my opinions wouldn't be well received... well if that isn't proof what is?

Still as ridiculous as it is I would have you describe the differences. Beyond the surface level of course we are not here to argue over belief vs race for example.

You are comfortable with violence being inflicted upon them. You will actively refuse to listen to them, You will remove them from any station you find. It really makes little difference from what ive seen if they commit a crime or respect the law.

Yes the claim is clearly used for shock value but I am concerned with just how accepting society has become with thinking a reasonable response to hearing something it dislikes is to try to eradicate it with force.
    Yes, racists are bad.

The fact that this is even a point of contention is absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Yes, racists are bad.

The fact that this is even a point of contention is absurd.
    I never claimed otherwise. I question if misplaced zeal is really something we should be cheering for. Most examples of monsters im shown these days commit the atrocity of saying a banned word.

I never claimed otherwise. I question if misplaced zeal is really something we should be cheering for. Most examples of monsters im shown these days commit the atrocity of saying a banned word.
    You guys are not persecuted, you are fascists, and the world has grown sick of you.