The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Here are Endus's links, if you've also ignored the other people who've now quoted his studies:

https://www.justice.gov/sites/defaul...ent_report.pdf
    https://www.ncjrs.gov/App/Publicatio....aspx?ID=55798
    https://www.vox.com/2015/5/7/8562077...-implicit-bias

I am surely not blocked since you were replying to me in the first place, so let me say this: Saying there's no evidence, and then blocking all the people who show you evidence is........as close-minded as you can get. Systemic racism is rampant in policing in the U.S. as a whole. Even my prosecutor friends agree. Because, yanno, they've been educated.
    First off, I do not need your approval of which posters I want to put on my ignore list. Some have been on it for a long time and it was only after a repeated offensive behavior they where. I am sure you do know of those cases. I honestly do not care what your opinion is of me.

I will check out the links and get back with you when I have more time.

Meanwhile, is this a case of systematic police brutality or discrimination? https://www.foxnews.com/us/lapd-top-...man-box-cutter
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Meanwhile
    We'll get back to you when we have more time.
    /s

Meanwhile, is this a case of systematic police brutality or discrimination? https://www.foxnews.com/us/lapd-top-...man-box-cutter
    Meanwhile, your link is either busted, or was such bullshit even Fox had to pull it off the page.

And they currently have a headline about Cuomo's wife selling shoes, so the bar is fucking low.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Meanwhile, your link is either busted, or was such bullshit even Fox had to pull it off the page.

And they currently have a headline about Cuomo's wife selling shoes, so the bar is fucking low.
    In that case an officer shot a man who was at some considerable length, because he had a box cutter.

Not like tasers are things that exist or anything... Oh and the cop is also a gun model! and the dead person is latino.

In the video, when the man emerges from the car, McBride tells him to drop the knife. He steps forward and she opens fire in front of dozens of people.

“That’s bad,” Williams said as he watched McBride’s bodycam video. “See all those people in the background? They could be victims of the shooting. Your background is very, very important. You are trained the first thing you should assess is your background.”

Officer McBride fired two shots and then four more. Daniel Hernandez, 38, died in the street.

“I’m critical from the first shot because there was no less-than-lethal that was deployed,” Williams said.

But the lawyer for the officer, Larry Hanna, sees the shooting a very different way.

“Any expert will tell you, you can’t let anybody get within 25 feet of you with a knife,” Hanna said.

Hanna says a man with a knife is an imminent threat to those around him. He said McBride didn’t have time to de-escalate the situation. He wasn’t sure if she had a less-than-lethal option available.

“I’m not certain. Most of them have Tazers, but again, a Tazer would not be appropriate for somebody with a knife coming at you,” Hanna said.

“When he’s down and trying to get up, there’s no threat. He’s just trying to get up,” Williams said. “He gets shot twice. Then, he gets shot an additional two times when he’s on the ground. Again, where’s the threat?”
    I think ghost panther is arguing against himself (as usual) but doesn't notice.

10+ Year Old Account
    For those still attempting to get through to Ghostpanther you are wasting your time -- this is someone who said that if a lost black teenager knocked on his door he would answer it with a gun behind his back.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    For those still attempting to get through to Ghostpanther you are wasting your time -- this is someone who said that if a lost black teenager knocked on his door he would answer it with a gun behind his back.
    He also said that getting mad and saying racist shit in anger is normal...me calling him out on that is why he blocked me lol.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    You don't need one with probable cause.
    Right. But the cop had none.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

watchin the vids of these cops its clear that you cant reform them. Its really bad.

404 not found.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Faux News quoting the Daily fukcing Mail
    So we're on peak Murdoch Factor.

Sketchy as fuck three-month-old youtube channel the presumably exists to provide an 'independent' source of 'justified shoots'

Cops casually gunning down a man at least 8 meters away without even trying to talk to him or use less than lethal force on the basis that he was holding a box cutter.

11/10 would propaganda again.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post

Sketchy as fuck three-month-old youtube channel the presumably exists to provide an 'independent' source of 'justified shoots'

Cops casually gunning down a man at least 8 meters away without even trying to talk to him or use less than lethal force on the basis that he was holding a box cutter.

There was a summary on this also:

In the video, when the man emerges from the car, McBride tells him to drop the knife. He steps forward and she opens fire in front of dozens of people.

“That’s bad,” Williams said as he watched McBride’s bodycam video. “See all those people in the background? They could be victims of the shooting. Your background is very, very important. You are trained the first thing you should assess is your background.”

Officer McBride fired two shots and then four more. Daniel Hernandez, 38, died in the street.

“I’m critical from the first shot because there was no less-than-lethal that was deployed,” Williams said.

But the lawyer for the officer, Larry Hanna, sees the shooting a very different way.

“Any expert will tell you, you can’t let anybody get within 25 feet of you with a knife,” Hanna said.

Hanna says a man with a knife is an imminent threat to those around him. He said McBride didn’t have time to de-escalate the situation. He wasn’t sure if she had a less-than-lethal option available.

“I’m not certain. Most of them have Tazers, but again, a Tazer would not be appropriate for somebody with a knife coming at you,” Hanna said.

“When he’s down and trying to get up, there’s no threat. He’s just trying to get up,” Williams said. “He gets shot twice. Then, he gets shot an additional two times when he’s on the ground. Again, where’s the threat?”

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Here are Endus's links, if you've also ignored the other people who've now quoted his studies:

https://www.justice.gov/sites/defaul...ent_report.pdf
    https://www.ncjrs.gov/App/Publicatio....aspx?ID=55798
    https://www.vox.com/2015/5/7/8562077...-implicit-bias

I am surely not blocked since you were replying to me in the first place, so let me say this: Saying there's no evidence, and then blocking all the people who show you evidence is........as close-minded as you can get. Systemic racism is rampant in policing in the U.S. as a whole. Even my prosecutor friends agree. Because, yanno, they've been educated.
    Ok, the one link from the Justice Dpt. is referring to one police department ( Ferguson, Mo. ) out of over 18,000 which exists in the US. This was also by the Justice Department during....Obama's administration.

The second one is also about one police department. I have already stated that some officers have did a bad job.

Vox is a a news commentating source, which I look at with the same degree of trust as being impartial as most on here look at Fox News. They are clearly left center in the political field.

So none of your links proves the majority of police departments or officers, are a systematic problem in the US.

There are about 18,000 police departments and over 170,000 officer in the US. I have seen no proof that even a large part of them is a problem, let alone the majority.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    404 not found.
    Try this link. ..https://www.foxnews.com/us/lapd-top-...man-box-cutter not sure what happened with the first one I linked.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Ok, the one link from the Justice Dpt. is referring to one police department ( Ferguson, Mo. ) out of over 18,000 which exists in the US. This was also by the Justice Department during....Obama's administration.

The second one is also about one police department. I have already stated that some officers have did a bad job.

Vox is a a news commentating source, which I look at with the same degree of trust as being impartial as most on here look at Fox News. They are clearly left center in the political field.

So none of your links proves the majority of police departments or officers, are a systematic problem in the US.

There are about 18,000 police departments and over 170,000 officer in the US. I have seen no proof that even a large part of them is a problem, let alone the majority.

- - - Updated - - -

Try this link. ..https://www.foxnews.com/us/lapd-top-...man-box-cutter not sure what happened with the first one I linked.
    Watch ghost now go on to ignore that the FBI notes a "trend" across the nation and that many departments hundreds.... have issues.

Note how now ghost will pivot to say that unless you study the entire population, then you can't deduce anything from stats unless you have the entire population... something which is ridiculous to claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post

The article is about a law suit against the officer. Which is a recent development.

Box cutters where used by terrorists to hijack 3 airplanes on Sept. 11, 2001. Which is why they are now banned from being carried by passengers. A person using one can very quickly slice open another person's throat and the jugular vein.

The officer talked to him several times, telling him to drop ( what she thought was a knife. ) the box cutter. If you watch the accompanying video of the encounter, you will see he was given multiple chances to comply.

The officer had every sound reason to feel her life was in danger and act accord-ling. Counter force to stop the threat was justified. Someone come at me with a box cutter? I would tell them to drop it or stop. They refuse? They will get shot. A person with any deadly melee weapon, can close a 20 foot gap very fast.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2020-07-18 at 11:46 PM.

3+ Year Old Account
    during....Obama's administration.
    any excuse to close your eyes, and cover your ears.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do not care about posts made by those on my ignore list.
    I have not seen anything which will sway me from that position.
    "I curate my media feed so I never have my opinions challenged" is not the selling point you think it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by headfistass View Post
    any excuse to close your eyes, and cover your ears.
    If it was a report put out by the Trump administration which showed the opposite, I am sure there would be some other ears and eyes closed.

Besides, I pointed out the real reason I rejected the link for not proving the majority or even a large portion of the police departments are a systematic issue in the US. One department or even a half dozen out of about 18,000 would not indicate it is. It would indicate a issue with those specific ones.

If it was a report put out by the Trump administration which showed the opposite, I am sure there would be some other ears and eyes closed.

Besides, I pointed out the real reason I rejected the link for not proving the majority or even a large portion of the police departments are a systematic issue in the US. One department or even a half dozen out of about 18,000 would not indicate it is. It would indicate a issue with those specific ones.
    FBI notes an issue across the nation in general plus KKK and white nationalist.

I'm on his ignore list so he won't see this but... that's typical. I swear by the end of this topic everyone here will be on ignore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    FBI notes an issue across the nation in general plus KKK and white nationalist.

I'm on his ignore list so he won't see this but... that's typical. I swear by the end of this topic everyone here will be on ignore.
    Life imitates art, I guess:

“The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.