10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    A pen could be seen as a deadly weapon.
    These are the lengths you go to? Do you maybe stop and think its a stupid argument at that point? Ridiculous.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Union city was and still is a garbage can of a town. One of the most densely populated in the country if I remember correctly.
    It ain't Camden or Newark but it's definitely not much better

crime rate that is higher than 80% of the state's cities and towns of all sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Oh garbage can why? A town with a very very low crime rate, with tons of small businesses, and a decent local economy.

Also "i can't be racist because my wife was one of those brown people" And slave masters fell in love with slaves sometimes too. Which is an even more extreme example, yet does that suddenly make them not racist?

I mean i've met many people who will pull the "you're one of the good ones" and have no problem being friends with a brown person that they find to be palatable, do you think that doesn't make them racist?

"My wife is latino therefore I can't be racist!"

As though racists can't have black or brown wives... this is the equivalent "but i have a black best friend"
    I'm not a slave master either.

I'm not a slave master either.
    You realise that doesn't help you right? If a slave master... a person who literally owns black people, can fall in love with a black woman.... trying to say you hold no bias because you have some brown women you've loved is folly.

Your hate of the place that is 80% latino that is literally one of the safest areas in NJ, you call garbage can and has tons of crime. On what basis? Too many latinos? I mean how do you look at a place and then say "too much crime tons of crime!!" what because lots of people speak Spanish and are a little too dark? There is no basis for this claim, yet you made it, and it was entirely false, and we have stats to prove this the case.

What's even more hilarious is that you called rutherford a mostly white town WITH A HIGHER CRIME RATE nice and safer... which is fucking false. On what basis???

On what basis did you decide that a mostly white town, with a higher crime rate is "safer" than the mostly latino town with a lower crime rate????????

This, right here is a perfect example of your bias and how having a partner that is "Latino" doesn't suddenly mean you can't be bias or racist against brown people.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    The Coronor in Australia is a separate position from the medical examiner. They're a quasi-independent quasi-court that exclusively investigates deaths and makes non-binding recommendations (they can also refer someone to the Crown for prosecution, but this is vanishingly rare in modern times and is a leftover from ye olde days).

The recommendations have no immediate legal effect but if a group or individual fails to comply with the recommendation and a similar incident occurs the recommendations can be used as evidence in civil suits, don't play well in the media and can be grounds for prosecution.

Just to be clear I'm not saying the police shouldn't be able to defend themselves in a life or death situation.
    The ultimate point is that the police (at least in Australia) operate as an arm of the executive branch of government (and innately have very little day to day oversight), because of both that and that they are entrusted to deploy force against the citizens of that government they have to be subjected to a high level of scrutiny (higher than now at least) when they potentially misuse that force.
    Ahh. Ok. Thanks for the info! Interesting.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Also "i can't be racist because my wife was one of those brown people" And slave masters fell in love with slaves sometimes too. Which is an even more extreme example, yet does that suddenly make them not racist?
    Please do not equate other poster to slave holders.
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD
    PROUD PROUD PROUD PROUD

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post

crime rate that is higher than 80% of the state's cities and towns of all sizes.
    Might want to tell themius he has totally different stats apparently.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    Please do not equate other poster to slave holders.
    "Which is an even more extreme example"

That isn't comparing them to slave holders, also I do not see your name in bolded green.

And do you have nothing to say on them finding a mostly white town "safer" when it has a higher crime rate than the most latino town? Or is it totally normal to go around calling mostly latino towns with low crime rates, garbage cans, and mostly white towns with higher crime rates nice and safe???

You realise that doesn't help you right? If a slave master... a person who literally owns black people, can fall in love with a black woman.... trying to say you hold no bias because you have some brown women you've loved is folly.

Your hate of the place that is 80% latino that is literally one of the safest areas in NJ, you call garbage can and has tons of crime. On what basis? Too many latinos? I mean how do you look at a place and then say "too much crime tons of crime!!" what because lots of people speak Spanish and are a little too dark? There is no basis for this claim, yet you made it, and it was entirely false, and we have stats to prove this the case.

What's even more hilarious is that you called rutherford a mostly white town WITH A HIGHER CRIME RATE nice and safer... which is fucking false. On what basis???

On what basis did you decide that a mostly white town, with a higher crime rate is "safer" than the mostly latino town with a lower crime rate????????

This, right here is a perfect example of your bias and how having a partner that is "Latino" doesn't suddenly mean you can't be bias or racist against brown people.
    Might want to check out what shadowferal linked above you about union city crime rates.

You numbers are quite a bit different than other's I've seen but are you literally saying that this town that falls below the national average is somehow crime ridden? Accoridng to your own fucking link they're below average crime.

The likely fact they count crime per square mile into this is probably why they have it ranked lowly, which is a stupid way to think about things considering it is one of the most densely populated places in the entire country.

- - - Updated - - -

Might want to check out what shadowferal linked above you about union city crime rates.

You mean the one that shows union city is still well below national average for crime?

Let's note what they say about Weehawken an area next to union city that according to that site has rates of violent crime below njs own. That site is factoring in square miles to get a determination of the store which is silly.

Do explain how "union city isn't far from from Camden" makes sense in a world were Union City has crime rates BELOW the national average and Camden is sitting at. 4x the national average??????? Does that make fucking sense to you? According again to that link shadow is using.

In fact that own link says crime rates for violence alone are 466% HIGHER in Camden yet Union City is "not far" above Camden??????
    Last edited by Themius; 2020-07-19 at 05:51 PM.

You numbers are quite a bit different than other's I've seen but are you literally saying that this town that falls below the national average is somehow crime ridden? Accoridng to your own fucking link they're below average crime.

The likely fact they count crime per square mile into this is probably why they have it ranked lowly, which is a stupid way to think about things considering it is one of the most densely populated places in the entire country.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean the one that shows union city is still well below national average for crime?

Let's note what they say about Weehawken an area next to union city that according to that site has rates of violent crime below njs own. That site is factoring in square miles to get a determination of the store which is silly.
    Below average? Its higher in every aspect. 1071 crimes per square mile. Rutherford has 61.

Things may have incrementally improved in the past couple years, but the numbers aren't cheery.

Below average? Its higher in every aspect. 1071 crimes per square mile. Rutherford has 61.
    did you totally ignore national average??

It's in the link, did you not read it?

National - 4 Union city - 3.47

Property crime

National - 24 Union City - 16.58

- - - Updated - - -

Things may have incrementally improved in the past couple years, but the numbers aren't cheery.
    Why are you trying to paint a town that has about 15% less crime than the national average as some crime ridden place not far from Camden.. an area that has crime rates that are some 460% higher???? Like are you even thinking?

Looking at crime and having national crime rate at 100, Union City scores 85. You somehow have taken a city that is 15% below average and are holding it up as a crime ridden place.

That is only a skill conservatives have.
    Last edited by Themius; 2020-07-19 at 05:56 PM.

It's s shithole junkies everywhere homeless beggars people passed out in the street. I live about a mile away.

It's s shithole junkies everywhere homeless beggars people passed out in the street. I live about a mile away.
    Well, alrighty now...not family-friendly.

did you totally ignore national average??

It's in the link, did you not read it?

National - 4 Union city - 3.47

Property crime

National - 24 Union City - 16.58

- - - Updated - - -

Why are you trying to paint a town that has about 15% less crime than the national average as some crime ridden place not far from Camden.. an area that has crime rates that are some 460% higher???? Like are you even thinking?

Looking at crime and having national crime rate at 100, Union City scores 85. You somehow have taken a city that is 15% below average and are holding it up as a crime ridden place.

That is only a skill conservatives have.
    Chances of becoming a victim of violent crime:
    Union city 1 in 288
    New jersey 1 in 481

Well that's a bunch of lies, if that were the case you would see numbers that surpass average, not fall below them.

Also from that image

The 2018 crime rate in Union City, NJ is 153 (City-Data.com crime index), which is 1.8 times lower than the U.S. average.
    And what exactly constitutes a city to these people? Are they even considering density?

Well, alrighty now...not family-friendly.
    Not even close.

Chances of becoming a victim of violent crime:
    Union city 1 in 288
    New jersey 1 in 481
    Hey did you realise that you ignored once again that the national rate is again higher and worse than Union city and that union city still falls well below national average? I mean you seem to be ignoring this to paint a place with below average crime as some sort of crime ridden hell hole.

When their crimes according to your own links falls below average. And according to the source of the image is 1.8x lower than average. Why do you keep ignoring this to call a place with less than average crime crime ridden????

So let's get this straight.

Union City - A city with crime below national averages is... "crime ridden garbage" despite having crime rates that about some 15% below national average and by your own link 1.8x lower rates than national average???

So Union City is crime ridden hell hole with crime below average. Oh yeah that makes lots of sense.

On display here, we have the issue. This right here shows how easy it is for white people to be in a bubble and entirely ignore systemic racism, and issues about cops as they relate to minorities. Instead they turn it into a pity party about them, and try to say it's the minorities that are the problem.
    Last edited by Themius; 2020-07-19 at 06:04 PM.

Well that's a bunch of lies, if that were the case you would see numbers that surpass average, not fall below them.

Also from that image

And what exactly constitutes a city to these people? Are they even considering density?
    Union city is very small but extremely populated. Trust me its a shithole.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey did you realise that you ignored once again that the national rate is again higher and worse than Union city and that union city still falls well below national average? I mean yous Eem to be ignoring this to paint a place with below average crime as some sort of crime ridden hell hole.

When their crimes according to your own links falls below average. And according to the source of the image is 1.8x lower than average. Why do you keep ignoring this to call a place with less than average crime crime ridden????
    You quoted the violent crime rate between union city and new jersey. Union city is much higher.