10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I don’t think Girl Scouts would ever get into a van, that just stated “police” on it... I’m pretty sure it’s one of the big lessons, to not get inside vans that even have official looking writing on it, unless the officer is clearly marked.

What you are suggesting, is like telling Girl Scouts to get inside vans that have “clowns” on it, if there is an obvious birthday going on. Stranger danger...

- - - Updated - - -

Where do you think their spawn point was?
    The officers WERE clearly marked as police.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Not only that they are individually marked since they have no name tag to avoid doxxing, something I don't agree with but they can be identified.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    You do realise there is still an active plague in the United States and that reopening during it will necessitate a second wave of shutdowns regardless, yes? Again: This is why people do not take your "predictions" seriously, because you mouth off without getting basic facts like this right and insist you're still able to deliver an informed viewpoint.

Also doesn't change the fact American passports are worthless right now because of aforementioned plague.
    You are the one mouthing off without getting basic facts straight.

1. They are processing passports right now (you got your facts wrong that processing was closed, and now you just wildly speculate that they might stop again which is not a fact)
    2. You falsely claim nations are not welcoming US passpots but here is a list.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/u...-19/index.html

The amount of misinformed drivel in your post is mind boggling when a simple google search refutes EVERYTHING you say. I feel like I'm talking with an 8 year old.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    To be fair, a word Police on uniforms means... not much. Everyone and anyone can get one.
    Name/surname, department, cop's ID badge, those are more convincing.

This could have been done by some local militia crazies and it would look exactly the same. What would people do then?
    If you want to go that route, its easy to get fake name tags and badges, so....

Its called taking a situation in totality. Militias are not going to stage inside federal buildings.

Who here is hype as fuck to charter a private jet to Rwanda?
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by headfistass View Post
    that's where the zombie apocalypse LARPing comes in. no one who talks it up all the time can say they don't actually want it to happen with a straight face, because not too deep down they love the idea of living in that fantasy.
    It's a classic right wing troll tactic. Drag your heels into a public forum and issue a deliberately controversial and/or offensive opinion, walk back with a Devil's advocate disclaimer of "Well I'm not saying I believe it I'm just telling it like it is" while calling out other people's entirely justified annoyance as signs that their positions are irrational somehow. Or, worse, the hypothetical individual in question actually believes said controversial and offensive shit which makes them an idiot at best, or a flaming bigot at worst.

The thing is, there's no "I'm just telling it like it is" here because intentional or not, the originators of that mistruth do have an agenda - specifically, normalizing the viewpoint that the United States is on the brink of open war and under imminent threat of collapse, which happens to neatly justify the worst sorts of authoritarian measures to forestall it in the name of saving "the republic".

What we're witnessing here is @Kokolums being facile in laying the groundwork for a Reichstag Fire narrative. Even if you don't desire it, being complicit in spreading the mistruth is also a sin.

- - - Updated - - -

If you want to go that route, its easy to get fake name tags and badges, so....

Its called taking a situation in totality. Militias are not going to stage inside federal buildings.
    Why not? A Republican militia already did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Militias are not going to stage inside federal buildings.
    I mean... There has been one case of that, and it ain't even that many years ago

- - - Updated - - -

Darn beat me to it
    Formerly Howeller, lost my account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    You are the one mouthing off without getting basic facts straight.

1. They are processing passports right now (you got your facts wrong that processing was closed, and now you just wildly speculate that they might stop again which is not a fact)
    2. You falsely claim nations are not welcoming US passpots but here is a list.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/u...-19/index.html

The amount of misinformed drivel in your post is mind boggling when a simple google search refutes EVERYTHING you say. I feel like I'm talking with an 8 year old.
    Yep. Pick your poison, US political refugees:

Albania
    Dominican Republic
    Kosovo
    Maldives
    Mexico
    North Macedonia
    Serbia
    Tunisia
    Turkey

Ha ha ha. And don't expect Mexico to remain on that list for long, either.
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    There weren't riots... according to Oregon things were calming down before the gestapo showed up and began beating and gassing people.

They even admitted to violating civil rights so your idea is that if civil rights are violated too bad don't stand and hold a sign? What about getting gassed while fucking naked?!

What about getting your arm and wrist broken because you wanted to just talk to the gestapo but the gestapo decided to attack you for talking?

what are you more concerned about?

Some fucking doxxing that isn't happening, or the destruction of constitutional law and civil rights???

By the way, do you have a problem if I just show up and shove you in a car while wearing camouflage with patches that don't actually prove anything? You'd be fine with the kidnapping?
    Have you seen what the courthouse looks like? Not exactly peaceful protests. Gassed while naked? That is not relevant if one is failing to disperse. Being stupid and continuing to advance when told not to, no matter your stated intention, is asking to be manhandled. Protesters in Portland are just in disbelief because they are used to being the ones in charge of the city.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Do you think you'll be able to leave if a war started?

- - - Updated - - -

So no citation about the topic being discussed in Portland?
    I am my citation lmao. I was at the federal building in New York every day, well.. 5 days a week.

I mean but if you don't believe me, these things are public fucking knowledge because the contracts are public

https://www.governmentcontracts.us/g...armed+security

https://www.governmentcontracts.us/g...armed+security

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you seen what the courthouse looks like? Not exactly peaceful protests. Gassed while naked? That is not relevant if one is failing to disperse. Being stupid and continuing to advance when told not to, no matter your stated intention, is asking to be manhandled. Protesters in Portland are just in disbelief because they are used to being the ones in charge of the city.
    Read between the lines, folks: The real crime here is disrespect to authority.

American patriotism means supporting authoritarian measures against people that don't respect the central power. How fucking times change, right? Jefferson is rolling in his grave.

3+ Year Old Account
    It's a classic right wing troll tactic. Drag your heels into a public forum and issue a deliberately controversial and/or offensive opinion, walk back with a Devil's advocate disclaimer of "Well I'm not saying I believe it I'm just telling it like it is" while calling out other people's entirely justified annoyance as signs that their positions are irrational somehow. Or, worse, the hypothetical individual in question actually believes said controversial and offensive shit which makes them an idiot at best, or a flaming bigot at worst.

The thing is, there's no "I'm just telling it like it is" here because intentional or not, the originators of that mistruth do have an agenda - specifically, normalizing the viewpoint that the United States is on the brink of open war and under imminent threat of collapse, which happens to neatly justify the worst sorts of authoritarian measures to forestall it in the name of saving "the republic".

What we're witnessing here is @Kokolums being facile in laying the groundwork for a Reichstag Fire narrative. Even if you don't desire it, being complicit in spreading the mistruth is also a sin.
    that's really the heart of it, it's fascist fan fiction .

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    What are you doing? You are quoting a report from March. Here is info from 1 day ago:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/new...ou/ar-BB179hkI

Many passport offices began reopening June 11. Nationally, the passport backlog was 1.43 million on July 8 and 1.31 million on July 15, the State Department said.

In the week ending July 22, officials said, the agency issued 198,000 passports, received another 143,000 applications and finished the time period with 1.23 million passports awaiting issuance.
    Where are you going to go sweet summer child? Large portions of the world won't allow Americans in because the country has completely fucked up Covid response. It is like nobody in the neighborhood wanting little Jimmy in their house because he rolled around in dog shit all day. The entire EU, Canada, Mexico, China, Japan, New Zealand, hell even the Bahamas don't want our disgusting asses in their space. As the virus continues to grow and grow, it shows no signs of stopping anytime soon, more countries will ban us from their countries.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alexand.../#23839bb37ea9

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    They came out of unmarked rental vans.

And anyone can buy a "Police" badge and slap it on their tactical vest, dude. Have you read nothing about what's been happening?
    And legally that is all they are required to have showing. Have you not seen how many SWAT teams work?

Yes, I know what has been going on, I have the misfortune of working in the Portland metro area.

repost:

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Department acronyms... no id

I guess it is okay for people to just wear this hat and arrest people:

Names and badge numbers are needed.

this is why badge numbers and ids are necessary because you just just buy all this shit off eBay.
    Also the NS shooting was noted.

10+ Year Old Account
    And legally that is all they are required to have showing. Have you not seen how many SWAT teams work?

Yes, I know what has been going on, I have the misfortune of working in the Portland metro area.
    When devoid of ethical or logical grounds, always retreat to the law.

Which again is an absolute fucking hoot coming as it does from an ostensible American patriot.

Read between the lines, folks: The real crime here is disrespect to authority.

American patriotism means supporting authoritarian measures against people that don't respect the central power. How fucking times change, right? Jefferson is rolling in his grave.
    They won't throw you in the Ghetto with the undesirables as long as you salute the Gestapo as they goosestep down the city streets in their Cheetos colored uniforms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pathora44 View Post
    They won't throw you in the Ghetto with the undesirables as long as you salute the Gestapo as they goosestep down the city streets in their Cheetos colored uniforms.
    "Unmarked police vehicles are legal!"

Well, so was forced sertilization and euthanization of disabled people. And I'm not just talking about in Germany, either.

The lack of self-awareness it takes to think "but the law" is even remotely relevant in a situation where the integrity of law enforcement and the judicial system itself is suspect. But again, as we've already established there is a certain class of people for whom nothing actually becomes an issue until it begins to impact them personally. "They don't care" so much that they keep having to remind people how much they don't care, you guys. :'(

Clowns, the lot of them.

She was ahead... and failing to disperse? Why trying to disperse a peaceful protest???? I mean you had the fucking mayor getting gassed when things were peaceful.

Far as I can gather, even SWAT are required to some form wear identification, which is likely a badge number.
    Formerly Howeller, lost my account.