Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    And you brought up looters in a thread about police murders . . . why, again? It's unrelated, unless you're tying it in to the protests about those murders.

It was a straight analogy. Analogies necessitate some differences between the two situations; if they were identical, that would be a tautology, not an analogy.

However, reductio ad absurdum is, indeed, a thing. And a valid, legitimate, rational, logical counter-argument against a claim. If your premises allow for a ridiculous, absurd conclusion, it's because your premises are faulty and must be changed.
    You english speak good! I love how in this discussion i am the one making absurd conclusions in your mind but you are right i guess about the looting. Murderous cops is the main point of the thread and not the looting.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Seems like we should be regulating those "long guns" maybe even banning them?
    we do regulate automatic rifles.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    we do regulate automatic rifles.
    Did you like ignore the link? It wasn’t about automatic rifles.

But the ban on long guns... you know semi automatic rifles like the ar15 you know the ban... on long guns from 1994-2004

Pay attention or don’t reply.

https://thehill.com/blogs/in-the-kno...le-white-asses

"Of course Black lives matter," Parton told the magazine. "Do we think our little white asses are the only ones that matter? No!

She added: “All these good Christian people that are supposed to be such good Christian people, the last thing we’re supposed to do is to judge one another. God is the judge, not us. I just try to be myself. I try to let everybody else be themselves.”

“There’s such a thing as innocent ignorance, and so many of us are guilty of that,” she told Billboard. "When they said ‘Dixie’ was an offensive word, I thought, ‘Well, I don’t want to offend anybody. This is a business. We’ll just call it 'The Stampede.’ As soon as you realize that [something] is a problem, you should fix it. Don’t be a dumbass. That’s where my heart is. I would never dream of hurting anybody on purpose.”
    WHY ARE THEY NOT REPLACING STATUES OF CONFEDERATE GENERALS WITH STATUES OF DOLLY PARTON YET

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Did you like ignore the link? It wasn’t about automatic rifles.

But the ban on long guns... you know semi automatic rifles like the ar15 you know the ban... on long guns from 1994-2004

Pay attention or don’t reply.
    If you want to talk gun control then goto the gun control thread.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

So you did ignore the link in the quote of the person I was quoting. Stop it, admit you were wrong and move on.

7+ Year Old Account
    Why did you bring it up then?

And you still haven’t answered me:

Should the protestors shoot back at the police for violating their first amendment rights?

People have the right to protest and free speech - not to block highways, loot, burn, riot, assault and so on.

Their rights end where other peoples rights begin.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubon View Post
    People have the right to protest and free speech - not to block highways, loot, burn, riot, assault and so on.

What right does blocking highways take away?

Quote Originally Posted by Rubon View Post

Whats super dumb is that you can literally take a permit if you wanna protest and the city cannot deny it to you

The nazis are able to do it but apparently looters dont want that

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    What right does blocking highways take away?
    Freedom of movement? Probably is not a right in States (can someone comment on this?), but yeah, I doubt the masses will appreciate being unable to get to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Freedom of movement? Probably is not a right in States (can someone comment on this?), but yeah, I doubt the masses will appreciate being unable to get to work.
    Yeah, we only have one road.

It's almost like that inconvenience is the point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Whats super dumb is that you can literally take a permit if you wanna protest and the city cannot deny it to you

The nazis are able to do it but apparently looters dont want that
    Still refering to the protestors as looters? Neo-libs never change.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most city's have more than 1 road.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Most city's have more than 1 road.

How many highways connecting other cities you have? How much time people wanna waste going around? This is USA we are talking about, with big distances, commute can easily take 1-2 hours on a normal day.
    After all, highway is not a city street, is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

That's not what freedom of movement is related to - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedo...ted_States_law

Otherwise, every time they shut down a highway or city road for construction or following a traffic collision they would be violating peoples freedom of movement. And don't even get me started on when movie companies take over a few city blocks or when large crowds for a convention cause congestion and traffic delays.

How many highways connecting other cities you have? How much time people wanna waste going around? This is USA we are talking about, with big distances, commute can easily take 1-2 hours on a normal day.
    Lots.

None but that's the point.

Tallahassee.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    does it matter? Your claim that is hinders their "freedom of movement" is false. They are still free to move they just need to take a different road.

My small ass city (under 2k population) Has no less that 8 roads leading in/out and 3 different express way entrance/exits.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Why did you bring it up then?

And you still haven’t answered me:

Should the protestors shoot back at the police for violating their first amendment rights?
    Of course not.

They should do that purely on principle.

- - - Updated - - -

That’s...not what freedom of movement means.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah it is, and why would you want to bother and trouble and inconvene other people if your problem is police and government? Go harass them instead