Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    His death is on the protestors hands? I guess you don't have to make it to triple digit IQ to become LAPD Chief of Police...

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    His death is on the protestors hands? I guess you don't have to make it to triple digit IQ to become LAPD Chief of Police...
    YOu forgot the last half "as much as those police officers". While it is a very stupid thing to say, let's put the entire statement out, not cut off half of it. Context is important and the full statement is a stupid choice of words instead of unbelieveably insane if he only said the first half.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2020-06-02 at 01:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds about accurate:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    YOu forgot the last half "as much as those police officers". While it is a very stupid thing to say
    End of sentence. He's an idiot that shouldn't be in that position, there's no need to defend him further.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Sounds about accurate:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CftSvkIUUAAALm_.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

End of sentence. He's an idiot that shouldn't be in that position, there's no need to defend him further.
    You want your police to at least have a grasp on how causality and time interact, like your average 5 year old.

Protesters from today traveled back in time to ensure George Floyd died so they could have their protests. I mean, it's the ONLY possible explanation.

10+ Year Old Account
    He didn't try to keep going. Watch the video. You can literally hear his horn and you can literally see him slow down to a stop. The video completely contradicts your claims.
    and truckers can see people form a lot farther off than normal cars can, so he could have stopped waaaay earlier.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    YOu forgot the last half "as much as those police officers". While it is a very stupid thing to say, let's put the entire statement out, not cut off half of it.
    The last "half" (which is smaller than the first "half") doesn't make the rest of his statement any less idiotic. It was completely impossible for there to be any protesters at the time, because protests only started after Floyd's death. It does not matter which side you support in this conflict - in order for this statement to be even partially true, time travel has to be involved.

Honestly, I expected his sign language interpreter to give him "are you fucking serious" look, because this is such an absurd attempt at shifting the blame. He should be fired for openly displaying criminal stupidity at a position that (supposedly, it seems) requires at least a modicum of brain.

E: I keep getting amazed at how much bigger hole the US police manages to dig under themselves. Between themselves and Trump, it's like something new keeps poping up all the time. It's not even about racism, it's about spouting such blatant bullshit that even a person with room temperature IQ would notice is wrong.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2020-06-02 at 01:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    and truckers can see people form a lot farther off than normal cars can, so he could have stopped waaaay earlier.
    My uncle was a truck driver. No way you just pull up on an area without knowing the road conditions ahead of you.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    My uncle was a truck driver. No way you just pull up on an area without knowing the road conditions ahead of you.
    yeah, same. And have a good friend who drives trucks. This is basic negligence

This is especially funny since yesterday he was saying this:

How do you know there isn't a public safety issue? Can you see further down the street at what the police are looking at? No you can't. So you cannot say that it is a quiet neighborhood because for all you know something is happening further down the street out of the range of the camera that is a public safety issue. The entirety of the street is not what is in the video. It extends a lot further than that. As it is, she should have obeyed the order. She doesn't get shot at if she did. THere cop was also an idiot for shooting at her even as she was disobeying the order repeatedly.
    and this:

LOL a quiet neighboerhood d street. And you know that how. You are aware the street is far longer than what you see on the video. You are also aware you do not see what the police see further down the street or what was happening before they got that far down the street right? So, you just make it up . And yet you still claim you are not anti-police? Fact is we don't know what was going on before they got there or where they started and we don't know what the police were seeing further down the street. So, you have no clue if it was a quiet neighborhood street or not. Unless of course you have a narrative.

You know exactly what he saw and when? IF not you have no idea if he could have stopped waaaay sooner or not. In fact, there is an incline before reaching the bridge which means he likely didn't see them as soon as you think he did.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know exactly what he saw and when? IF not you have no idea if he could have stopped waaaay sooner or not. In fact, there is an incline before reaching the bridge which means he likely didn't see them as soon as you think he did.
    Having truckers in my family and friend circle, I can unequivocally say, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    The last "half" (which is smaller than the first "half") doesn't make the rest of his statement any less idiotic. It was completely impossible for there to be any protesters at the time, because protests only started after Floyd's death. It does not matter which side you support in this conflict - in order for this statement to be even partially true, time travel has to be involved.
    I never said it didn't. "Stupid" is pretty much the same as "Idiotic" right? But what I am saying is that he is still blaming the cop. People are ignoring the last half so they can claim he only blames the protestors. The video I linked clearly shows he blamed the cop and even agreed it was police brutality. That is why I say it is a "stupid thing to say" rather than the "shifting the blame" BS you are trying to peddle.

- - - Updated - - -

Having truckers in my family and friend circle, I can unequivocally say, yes.
    Unless you were with him on that bridge, you cannot in any way know what he saw or when he saw it so you cannot say he could have stopped waaaay earlier. You having trucker friends is irrelevant. You weren't there, so you can't know.

I never said it didn't. "Stupid" is pretty much the same as "Idiotic" right? But what I am saying is that he is still blaming the cop. People are ignoring the last half so they can claim he only blames the protestors. The video I linked clearly shows he blamed the cop and even agreed it was police brutality. That is why I say it is a "stupid thing to say" rather than the "shifting the blame" BS you are trying to peddle.
    Saying that protesters are just as responsible for the death of George Floyd is shifting the blame. The blame for George Floyd's death rests solely on the officers that murdered him.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Unless you were with him on that bridge, you cannot in any way know what he saw or when he saw it so you cannot say he could have stopped waaaay earlier. You having trucker friends is irrelevant. You weren't there, so you can't know.
    I actually can say yes, because we have similar, if not identical areas of I-35 in my area. So yes, I can say yes.

I actually can say yes, because we have similar, if not identical areas of I-35 in my area. So yes, I can say yes.
    Your area is not that bridge. YOu were actually at that bridge, he came around a corner and up a hill. So again, unless you were with him, you cannot say what he saw. You don't know.

Jesus, how are people still arguing with a bad faith troll after like 50 pages of the same circular nonsense. Surely it gets a little old after the fifth time the guy flips and argues against the point he himself was making two pages back.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    Jesus, how are people still arguing with a bad faith troll after like 50 pages of the same circular nonsense. Surely it gets a little old after the fifth time the guy flips and argues against the point he himself was making two pages back.
    Agree. They need to stop. Poster so far has defended or taken the opposite side on every news about this story.

Oh btw. Not that my opinion or stance and others is always correct, as @Endus has pointed out when you bring no substance or facts to the discussion, its not hard to see the post is not posting in good faith.
    Last edited by Paranoid Android; 2020-06-02 at 02:32 AM.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Agree. They need to stop. Poster so far has defended or taken the opposite side on every news about this story.
    With the convenient-but-intellectually-bankrupt strategy of never citing any facts or evidence for any of the bullshit they make up, because you can't challenge the facts behind their argument when they do not have any and have no interest in what those facts are.

Same way you can't ever convince a flat-earther that the Earth is round. No matter what evidence you can produce, their position is not based on facts or evidence to begin with, so they don't care.

Your area is not that bridge. YOu were actually at that bridge, he came around a corner and up a hill. So again, unless you were with him, you cannot say what he saw. You don't know.
    And you weren't there either. So you can't say she is wrong at all.
    You can't fix stupid. But damn it you can troll it!