10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Indara View Post
    Only if you think one being a piece of shit excludes the other from being a piece of shit.
    So, you don't actually have an opinion on the situation besides you find some acts personally distasteful?

Real thought provoking analysis of the state of law enforcement in America, there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I don't.
    You are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only if you think one being a piece of shit excludes the other from being a piece of shit.
    A lack of empathy tends to make youside with the perpatrator rather than the victim, and you said you lacked it.

You are "There are very fine poeple on both sides"ing this issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    So you only see the world in black or white. Nice for you.
    Empathy tends to make you see the world in more than black and white. Don't project onto me what you clearly do, lol. "a criminal record makes me unsympathetic" is the most black and white thing ever

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Again, if it happened long enough ago that they have turned their life around, whats the problem?

Stop excusing criminal cops.
    The guy could still be a total PoS, hell he was trying to pull off some minor fraud in the incident. The issue wasn't that a model citizen died but that someone who wasn't a threat was killed by police. Any proven racial bias adds more shit to that pile.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not the one who thinks one person being a piece of shit means the other one isn't.
    "I think it's wrong, I just don't feel bad about it" isn't a moral stance, Becky, it's pretty much textbook sociopathy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not the one who thinks one person being a piece of shit means the other one isn't.

- - - Updated - - -

No, both are pieces of shit if you understand what you read.
    "both sides"ism is pretty crap, dude.

His criminal record is irrelevent to me, especially as turning himself around tends to point at finding goodness.

No, both are pieces of shit if you understand what you read.
    No, you don't get it. You are essentially saying "They are equally bad".

10+ Year Old Account
    Good for you. It's not irrelevant to me what people have done in the past.
    That just means a lack of empathy, a complete inability to forgive, and "both sides"ism. Especially when bringing up the past is something the cops do a LOT to smear their victims.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good for you. It's not irrelevant to me what people have done in the past.
    Uncle Iroh would be very disappointed in you.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

It means some acts are unforgivable.
    So, who is the bigger piece of shit?

10+ Year Old Account
    Being a hardliner isnt a good trait. Especially when you ignore that cops smear their victims all the time with the victims past in order to potentialy reduce charges against the cop.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    The guy could still be a total PoS, hell he was trying to pull off some minor fraud in the incident. The issue wasn't that a model citizen died but that someone who wasn't a threat was killed by police. Any proven racial bias adds more shit to that pile.
    He had put out a video before his death trying to get youth to reform, he seems pretty reformed.

I won't feel bad for some piece of shit that never should have been free if they die.
    So he committed a crime in 2007... you know it is 2020 right? Do you think people can't reform?

The cop for actually killing someone and not just threatening to do it.
    So, why are you doing your damndest to defend such a piece of shit?

I don't believe in forgiving people who threaten to kill others, especially pregnant women and their unborn child, over material possessions.
    but apparently you have no problem supporting killing people who aren't actively committing any crime and are complying because 13 years ago they did the crime and paid the time hence his punishment was over.

7+ Year Old Account
    So you only see the world in black or white. Nice for you.
    Says the person who's entire process of thinking is apparently just a big chess board.

"He did something bad!! therefore he is scum and evil for the rest of eternity! Regardless of how long ago it was and what he has done/not done afterwards!"

But right, @Crissi is the one who sees the world in black and white!

Formerly known as Arafal

I don't think you know what defend means.
    I think I know exactly what it means, and you have been doing a lot of it.

If it was up to me both of them would never see the outside of a prison again.
    You know robbery without murder is not a lifetime sentence? Only backward countries would make it a lifetime sentence.

- - - Updated - - -

So robbery is unforgivable? What a low bar you've set.

Do you think the ex-criminals in Los Angeles who went on to reform their area LEADING TO A REDUCTION OF CRIME B 70% are evil scum of the earth that should forever be in prison because they once committed crimes?

There is a huge difference between just grabbing someone's material possessions when an opportunity presents itself and actively breaking inside someone's home, putting a gun to a pregnant woman's belly. The former can be forgiven, the latter cannot.
    Do you think the ex-criminals in Los Angeles who went on to reform their area LEADING TO A REDUCTION OF CRIME by 70% are evil scum of the earth that should forever be in prison because they once committed crimes?

People commit crimes, the idea that people can NEVER ever be reformed for they crimes is worse than than crime since it's people like you who perpetuate crime.