10+ Year Old Account
    In video it looks like the suspect is almost twice as bulky as the policemen, to step on his neck could have been the only way to keep him down (assuming the suspect actually resisted)

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    In video it looks like the suspect is almost twice as bulky as the policemen, to step on his neck could have been the only way to keep him down (assuming the suspect actually resisted)
    I have now talked to 5 police officers on the issue, and I am former military who has detained people.

We all say you are full of shit. You know it's bad when even LEOs are speaking out against this so quickly.

Yet another person trying to justify abuse of power by law enforcement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look, more victim blaming. And from across the Dnieper, no less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Middle of back is where the knee goes.

ALSO HE WAS LIMP AND UNCONSCIOUS and still pinned AND HANDCUFFED

You know when you're unconscious and limp you literally can't resist right because... you're unconscious and limp.

Also explain how to do this:

With four officers around you? Hint, you can't THERE IS NO WAY you are get up and out quickly in that position, while cuffed.

Note how long it takes for a man with no-one trying to even push him over to get up.
    Last edited by Themius; 2020-05-27 at 08:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bullshit. I've worked in behavioral services. 'Well he is big so they had to be more aggressive' is horseshit, not that the guy was even that big...and if he is you get back up and take him down PROPERLY. There are little petite nurses who have no problem dealing with someone twice their size.

The officer obviously had no issue choking him, so he or the other officers involved couldn't subdue the victim without choking him to death?

Why the hell fight with someone in handcuffs that hard anyway unless you're ego tripping?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    hi, someone who has learned a moderate amount of self defence here. Pinning someone on their back is enough if their arms are out of commission. There is also ZERO need to pin them on their neck, and the only reaosn to do that when their arms are pinned is to be cruel.

Sorry (not really), but you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    The reasons seen seems to be because racists say racist things and then the non-racist call out the racists for being racist... which is a bad thing on this forum for some reason...

Every other forum I've been on manages to stamp out the stupidity of racism by... not allowing racists to fly and be unchecked here the approach is let's just pretend race doesn't exist and not argue with racists just let them be.
    If they were banning racists how would you post here?
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-05-27 at 08:58 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    If they were banning racists how would you post here?
    Lol you're funny, is that your confirmation bias talking?

The guy wasn't even resisting. You can find a video out there of him getting arrested. Yeah, maybe he was squirming on the ground, BECAUSE WHO FUCKING WOULDN'T BE TRYING TO GET FREE IF YOU'RE BEING SUFFOCATED TO FUCKING DEATH. The cops names are now public knowledge. We know he was being arrested for a forgery charge and was non-violent. Hopefully, someone gets violent in his stead for this bullshit. Plenty of riots, but it's not enough.

These guys need to stand trial or the public needs to be allowed to lynch.

The juiciest part? He wasn't writing a bad check. He didn't even commit the fucking crime he was being arrested for.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Sorry to come by so late. If he hadn't of been a criminal, and then on top of that resisting arrest he wouldn't have been choked right? Why do liberals always ignore the resisting arrest part?
    Open the fucking lawbook. There is nothing else to say to you.
    Keep crawling out of the woodwork...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

Let's assume that that the only way to keep the man they already got down on the ground to stay there was to pin his neck. Does it need to stay on his neck after the man has his hands cuffed behind his back? Does it need to stay there after that man says he cannot breathe? Does it need to stay there after the man loses consciousness?

Is this man's bulk such a threat even after he is pinned, cuffed, unable to breathe, and unconscious?

10+ Year Old Account
    In America you are allowed to question the police if you think they are in the wrong. They'll probably still take you to jail but you can't be penalized for it.

Unless you're black, your number one priority is to appear as small of a threat so they don't kick your ass of worse. How do you do that?

Answer their questions? Well people have done that and it's ended horribly.

Comply? Well what if they are obviously mistaken? Ends horribly anyway.

Just sit there, dehumanize yourself and hand over all agency to them? Still have been demonstrated to end poorly.

So what is a black person in America to do but not trust the police?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    Let's assume that that the only way to keep the man they already got down on the ground to stay there was to pin his neck. Does it need to stay on his neck after the man has his hands cuffed behind his back? Does it need to stay there after that man says he cannot breathe? Does it need to stay there after the man loses consciousness?

Is this man's bulk such a threat even after he is pinned, cuffed, unable to breathe, and unconscious?
    Better question: why are we even entertaining this argument since an effective death penalty is in no way an appropriate punishment for a nonviolent crime?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Sorry to come by so late. If he hadn't of been a criminal, and then on top of that resisting arrest he wouldn't have been choked right? Why do liberals always ignore the resisting arrest part?
    Trump is a criminal, do you support someone breaking his neck? Ofcourse you don't, conservatives have embraced hypocrisy as a core tenant. Suck my dick.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) They had guns with them which is legal. When did they POINT the gun at the law makers in an aggressive fashion? Oh they didnt... ok.
    Oh, so now they have to be pointed at them? Funny how "they were reaching for it" used to be justification for murder when it wasn't white cosplayers.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Jakexe View Post
    Trump is a criminal, do you support someone breaking his neck? Ofcourse you don't, conservatives have embraced hypocrisy as a core tenant. Suck my dick.
    Exactly how is Trump a criminal? Please link facts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly how is Trump a criminal? Please link facts.
    Do out of court settlements or impeachment count? NDAs?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Do out of court settlements or impeachment count? NDAs?
    He didnt do anything to deserve being impeached and it failed.

He didnt do anything to deserve being impeached and it failed.
    No, it didn't fail. He was impeached.

And George Floyd didn't do anything to deserve being executed.
    Last edited by Egomaniac; 2020-05-27 at 10:41 PM.