Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    Here's a couple I've been eyeing

Autonomous ErgoChair 2
    One of the Corsair chairs (I know, lolgamingchairs lulz) But I kind of like the look of the T2 road warrior
    Scretlab Omega (cloth version, see lulz above)
    Herman Miller Sayl (because the others are just a bit too pricey
    I don't have experience with them personally, but I've heard nothing but good things about Herman Miller.
    The ergochair 2 is also not bad, I've tried it but it's not for me.
    I wouldn't get a gaming chair at all, I had one for a while and they aren't really that good.

Really appreciate all the candid feedback. I'll be going with a Herman Miiller more than likely. Only downside is the shipping time for them is between 7 and 8 weeks. All other decent chairs, including the gaming chairs are all on back and pre-order.(Thanks covid). Guess we'll be waiting awhile.

I have a herman miller and 2 Autonomous ErgoChair 2 in the house. I can feel a build difference in the 2 however its not nearly as large of a gap as you would think. I have to give my ergochair credit for the price.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can consider a Ikea Chair Model named "Markus". Its stable, comfy and the Back is a fine Net. Im myself surprised Ikea brought something so good out Oo

Quote Originally Posted by Rehija View Post
    You can consider a Ikea Chair Model named "Markus". Its stable, comfy and the Back is a fine Net. Im myself surprised Ikea brought something so good out Oo
    Thought about it, but I have 2 pieces of Ikea furniture and I'm not happy with either of them. One is a chair, that has been decent, but it's only 2 years old and falling apart.

I bought a Herman Miller Mirra 2 for $630 (thanks company discount.) Too bad the PoS will take 7 weeks to ship!

I know you've already found your chair, but I wanted to chime in (for future people) that the secretlab omega is okay.

There's a LOT of static electricity from the cloth and easily my biggest regret.

I'd consider the TITAN + Napa leather next time, though.

Thought about it, but I have 2 pieces of Ikea furniture and I'm not happy with either of them. One is a chair, that has been decent, but it's only 2 years old and falling apart.

I bought a Herman Miller Mirra 2 for $630 (thanks company discount.) Too bad the PoS will take 7 weeks to ship!
    Ikea isnt universal.

If you bought their cheap shit, its cheap, for a reason.

If you buy their mid-priced stuff, its an order of magnitude better.

There's nothing wrong with cheap stuff being cheap.

However, i do use the Markus, and its pretty solid. Im overweight and the thing has held up to me for five years.

I wouldnt rate it anywhere near a Herman Miller of course, but for chairs of a similar price (~150-200 USD) its extremely good.

The best thing you can do at Ikea is to skip the cheap tier and head for the mid-tier. Its still cheaper than comparable stuff elsewhere and is much better quality than the cheap tier. The cheap tier exists to serve people who dont have the money for the nicer stuff, which is fine, but if you can afford it, never buy the cheapest of the cheap stuff at Ikea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has any tried some of the refurbished high end chairs? For instance, BTOD and Crandall Office both offer refurbished Steelcase Gestures that run around $500 (versus new at over $1k)?

I've looked over their procedure and it looks pretty comprehensive for the refurb but I haven't seen anyone talk about them.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Steelcase Leap V2

The network is full of very extensive offers and catalogs, so finding an ergonomic chair under $ 1000 is not that complicated, but it depends on several factors: the type of chair you are looking for exactly, the store where you are looking for it, the time of year, etc. When it comes to lounge chairs, I think the most ergonomic I know of is the Eames Lounge Chair; I mean, not the original, which costs much more than a thousand dollars, but there are some very decent replicas that you can get at online stores. If you talk about office chairs, the pieces of the Aluminum Group by Charles and Ray Eames are also excellent alternatives (Eames Ribbed Management, Eames Softpad Executive, Eames Ribbed Executive, etc). They're iconic chairs in their style, so replicas can be easily found in online stores such as Manhattan Home Design and Barcelona Designs. No replica of the aforementioned models will cost more than $ 1000 and will offer you more or less the same design benefits.

Looking for chair recommendations under $1k USD. Long gaming and work sessions, adjustable with breathable cushions would be good. I have an Ikea chair that's on its last legs and I'd like to maximize my 1k budget as best I can.

Current considerations in no particular order

1. Autonomous ErgoChair 2
    2. One of the Corsair chairs (I know, lolgamingchairs lulz) But I kind of like the look of the T2 road warrior
    3. Scretlab Omega (cloth version, see lulz above)
    4. Herman Miller Sayl (because the others are just a bit too pricey
    I contacted a herman miller dealer, and they sold me an embody chair for around cost. It's near $1000

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Imagine not shitposting in a text color no one can read like a troll.

As for 1000$? Thats not even the top end. 5k+ for the really good ones.

Imagine not understanding that some people have back (or other health) issues and need a chair that doesn't leave them feeling crippled when they get up.

Imagine spending 1000$ on a GPU! They could just get a 100$ CPU and game 720p!

I mean, im sure your rig is built in a cardboard box, runs on an i3 and a GT 730, amirite?

Imagine people who have to sit all day (which really isn't healthy for you) wanting to have that time be of as small an impact on their health as possible.

Imagine not understand that quality is sometimes cheaper in the long run. My aunt is a CPA. She has a Herman Miller chair she bought nearly 25 years ago. She's never, not once, had to have it fixed, or repaired. The only thing she's had done to it is having it professional re-apholstered because she wanted a different fabric.

So, yeah, she paid 2,000$ for her chair. Divide that by 25 years. About 80$ a year.

Or you could spend 200-300 on a piece of shit "Racing" chair or low-end "office" chair and replace it every 3-4 years.
    You are absolutely correct. It's sad, though, that in this era of online shopping, it can be hard for someone who doesn't know anything about a product to overcome the ticket price when trying to decide if a product is good enough. We're too used to shitty products being overpriced.

15+ Year Old Account
    To feed the troll and add more salt to the wound, my company is giving me the money to spend on office equipment. Chairs included. $1k is the budget and I have most everything else.
    I'm going to echo what @talwynn said and advise you to look first at the weight max THEN look at features secondly. When I was 350 pounds I struggled to find a chair that supported me and once I found a chair that allowed my weight, it was a total game changer. It lasted much much longer than the other chairs that only held up to like 250 (which after looking at most chairs that's what their weight limits tend to be around on average). I'm down no under 250 and have a larger selection to pick from so I've been able to get a different chair that fits me comfortably.

**edit**
    I just noticed the date on this post and didn't realize this was a necro thread. Hope you got the chair you needed lol. Curious which one you went with now.
    Last edited by gaymer77; 2021-01-25 at 05:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    I'm going to echo what @talwynn said and advise you to look first at the weight max THEN look at features secondly. When I was 350 pounds I struggled to find a chair that supported me and once I found a chair that allowed my weight, it was a total game changer. It lasted much much longer than the other chairs that only held up to like 250 (which after looking at most chairs that's what their weight limits tend to be around on average). I'm down no under 250 and have a larger selection to pick from so I've been able to get a different chair that fits me comfortably.

**edit**
    I just noticed the date on this post and didn't realize this was a necro thread. Hope you got the chair you needed lol. Curious which one you went with now.
    Glad this is still going strong! I also pinged some streamers directly in their stream about chairs. Even though they're being given chairs from like Secretlab and Corsair and whatnot, they all agreed that Herman Miller was worth the investment. I bought a Herman Miller Mirra 2 for $630 (thanks company discount.) One of the best chairs I've ever owned.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyndion View Post
    I know you've already found your chair, but I wanted to chime in (for future people) that the secretlab omega is okay.

There's a LOT of static electricity from the cloth and easily my biggest regret.

I'd consider the TITAN + Napa leather next time, though.
    I really like my Secretlab Titan

I concur, best chair ive owned so far 3 years and counting.

Contact a Herman miller dealer, and get an embody at cost for around $1050-1200.. Spend the extra few hundred. Trust me.

I've got this https://www.kinnarps.co.uk/products/...k-chairs/plus/

comfiest thing I've ever sat in. Look for a dealer, you can spec it how you want. Loads of choices.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

You specifically mention work sessions. Put in some email/phone effort and get them to reimburse some % of the chair or order through their preferred vendor with their discounts.

Depends on your company for sure, but it's worth the time. That's how I got my Aeron, then later an Embody.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    When I used to work 36+ hour shifts where you could only sit down like 20% of the time I used to envy people that had 9 to 5 desk jobs.

Now I don't, at all. So I can't relate to this post.

I would start by calling an orthopedic specialized center, they might have healthy recommendations. Good luck finding a chair.
    36 and even more in one shift? What job makes you stand and work for A day and a half at time? I never good do that is like a week worth of work in one shift. Tons of overtime there.

There is a lot of good info about chairs in this thread. Thanks, everyone!