Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kappalol View Post
    Why? Both are biological things that never ever been part of the elven race in any good fantasy universe in history.
    There are various cases of darker skinned blood elves.

(inb4 "B-but not the exact same dark skin")

Why? Both are biological things that never ever been part of the elven race in any good fantasy universe in history.
    Ever heard of drows from one "pretty well known" fantasy universe?

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    There are various cases of darker skinned blood elves.

(inb4 "B-but not the exact same dark skin")
    Darker skin than pink is ok. But go full RGB 0.0.0 is not darker skin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    Ever heard of drows from one "pretty well known" fantasy universe?
    Drow is totally different race and its ok because all of them are dark. not just some of them. did you ever saw White drow? And if there is its Albino and it's extremely rare and nothing common.
    Last edited by kappalol; 2020-05-28 at 01:12 PM.

Good thing that these skins aren't that then, I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Drow is totally different race and its ok because all of them are dark. not just some of them. did you ever saw White drow? And if there is its Albino and it's extremely rare and nothing common.
    You said "both are biological things that never ever been part of the elven race in any good fantasy universe in history.", I gave you an example in the form of drows which are literally black elf race in the biggest fantasy universe ever and you go ahead and start foaming about albinos? I mean what the fuck?

Quote Originally Posted by Lubefist View Post
    You said "both are biological things that never ever been part of the elven race in any good fantasy universe in history.", I gave you an example in the form of drows which are literally black elf race in the biggest fantasy universe ever and you go ahead and start foaming about albinos? I mean what the fuck?
    Drows are sub-race of en elf. Same as the blood elf. Blood elves are pale-skinned. Drows are dark-skinned. That is how it is. Adding black blood elves is like adding white drows. It would not make sense.

There are some rules and you can't (or more like Should not) ignore and do what you want to those races and still consider it as part of that race.

If you make 3m tall dwarf its no longer a dwarf. Unless you make a valid lore explanation why this dwarf is so tall and still it would be a unique thing.
    Last edited by kappalol; 2020-05-28 at 01:40 PM.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    You are overreacting over the new dark skin tones on BEs. As if many players are gonna use them for more than a few days. Though dark skinned elf with the golden eyes or blind option is gonna be dope.

I hope you high elf whiners will finally shut the hell up now, you crybabies got your high elves like you've always wanted, even though you blood elves and void elves and high elves are already the same race.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm really surprised they did this but it is the right decision for all. High Elves are tied into Alliance history and still appear every so often and are part of the Alliance through the Sunreaver Covenent so being able to look like a normal Elf is a great move. In terms of skins its fantastic and eyes for both is the right move to give Horde something.

I would like to see the option of a few unique hairstyles that are less ragedy/tentacley than the Void Elves currently have. Possibly the new Blood Elven ones or one or two unique ones. Also the option of white hair or pale blue (Blonde/Red can be more Blood Elven and keep the Void Elf hair colour palette cold). I think new voices/RP is asking for too much but for Blood Elves and Void Elves tattoos would be cool. Runic/Fel ones for Blood Elves and more Tribal for Void Elves. Feathers as well maybe?

Also nearly forgot but a better quality racial than Entropic Embrace. As it doesn't affect 3D Models on top of your character is looks really poor so a less prominent effect which covers everything would be nice. Thinking Memento of Angerboda from Legion. Less intrusive but covers everything.

However I'm really happy they did this.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by The Sperganator View Post
    I hope you high elf whiners will finally shut the hell up now, you crybabies got your high elves like you've always wanted, even though you blood elves and void elves and high elves are already the same race.
    Ofc not. they wanted that as a separate race. And not just customization option. But at least they must know they will never get proper high elves now.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    There we go, it took them 15 years but High elves finally happened

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHumanResources View Post
    I would agree that it would be an arbitrary line to draw, if it hadn't been this way for 15 years. Regular Blood Elves in WoW have never had dark skin, even with higher levels of fel intake, they didn't exist, period. They weren't NPCs.

Felblood Elves have dark skin because they were rewarded by Kil'Jaeden for their service, with him letting them feast on demon blood, playable Blood Elves have not gorged on demon blood.

Blood Elf demon hunters have dark skin because they're demon hunters, they have a demon inside them and are affiliated with fel to such a degree that their skin turned darker. Even a regular Blood Elf (A non DH, and non Felblood) with the highest intake of fel have not had their skin colour changed to be so dark, otherwise it would've been represented in-game. Regular Blood Elves just didn't consume an amount of fel high enough to impact their pigment.

Sure, that could be the case for Blood Elves post update but there would then have to be a retcon of some existing NPCs for that explanation to make sense sine player characters are averages.
    It hasn’t been this way for 15 years and consuming demon blood isn’t the only thing that changes skin colour for blood elfs velerra turned grey from a fel curse just like one of the variants of fel elfs and even got ruinic fel tattoos.

Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2020-05-28 at 01:41 PM.

Ofc not. they wanted that as a separate race. And not just customization option. But at least they must know they will never get proper high elves now.
    I love how most people thought that it would be the pro High Elfers that would be crying, yet the only ones we see complaining non stop since the announcement are the anti-HElfers.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    So the absolute best thing you can come up with is 1 elf, from an alternate dimension, described as "dark skinned" (which literally could mean anything) of whom no image is provided....... talk about reaching. I mean, there is a significant difference between being dark skinned and being black.........
    And the in game elfs and in the comic they put out. But if you ignore all examples then no examples exist I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Laerus View Post
    I love how most people thought that it would be the pro High Elfers that would be crying, yet the only ones we see complaining non stop since the announcement are the anti-HElfers.
    Don't forget the closet-racists with their newfound concern for lore that are the vocal majority.

Im cool with VEs getting skin tone options for all colours. I'm cool with them getting eye colour options.

idk now okay i am with them reusing the same options for VE and BE. arent they supposed to be visually easy to differentiate for PVP purposes?

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    You are overreacting over the new dark skin tones on BEs. As if many players are gonna use them for more than a few days. Though dark skinned elf with the golden eyes or blind option is gonna be dope.
    I think they'll be pretty rare, but I still kinda like em tbh. More so for Blood Elves (green or gold eyes) than for High Elves (blue eyes), for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlehoff View Post
    visually easy to differentiate for PVP purposes?
    In all ranked pvp you can play against your own faction. So it's not considered as a problem.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    The thing is... no one ever heard of drows?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drow
    Dark skin thin elves. Dunn dunn dunn. So where is the problem about dark skinned high elves?
    Not just the Drow.
    Literally any Dark elf concept in existence has dark skin color.

Then you have the Sunfire elves from TDP who are also dark brown
    https://66.media.tumblr.com/92a9bb49...ev0h9_1280.jpg

Even TDPs Earthblood elves will probably be brown too, since their main thing is looking like trees.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlehoff View Post
    arent they supposed to be visually easy to differentiate for PVP purposes?
    That argument hasn't held any water ever since MoP.