Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrouded View Post
    Borrowing the Dragon Soul from the past to kill Deathwing is definitely up there. WoW's time travel has always been ridiculous without the writers really considering the consequences of their own plotlines, but that moment really stood out as a shark-jumper for me.
    yeah, but the another side to this story is, time travel can create shenanigans, no one could have forseen and stealing the dragon soul from the past could have its own consequences, this could be its own expansion to fix them.

I loved how this was shown in back to the future and in chrono trigger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    Shadowlands seems pretty focused on.......well, shadowlands stuff. I wonder when this will become a plot in SL, the sword is stuck in Silithus. Prepatch? Introduction to SL? during SL as a crazy raid/dungeon? At the very end of SL?
    Unknown for now, they've only said it will be a plot point. A lot of the unresolved issues from BfA are also going to be plot points in Shadowlands, such as the fallout from Teldrassil and Tyrande's stint as the Night Warrior, etc. etc.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Using azerite for the necklace puts it into azeroth, unlike using it for weapons.
    Still the toy he gives...

10+ Year Old Account
    Bringing _______ Back from the dead or Time travel anything.

I hate both of these concepts with a passion.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Still the toy he gives...
    Oh shit, yeah.
    Tho I want to think toys are more hurrdurr and less lore, it is pretty silly when you think about it

It's like making a bloodbag fountain next to a bleeding patient.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alexchaos View Post
    Everything after MoP..
    I would say everything after Wrath, after all, Deathwing was supposed to be dead... I killed him in WC2 .

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    yeah, but the another side to this story is, time travel can create shenanigans, no one could have forseen and stealing the dragon soul from the past could have its own consequences, this could be its own expansion to fix them.

I loved how this was shown in back to the future and in chrono trigger.
    It could, but we've been repeatedly shown that it's mostly something the writers throw in when it's cool and don't really consider the consequences. What started as "the Bronze Dragonflight needs our help to preserve the timeline!" became "time tourism" in Mount Hyjal when they forgot to include an Infinite Dragonflight tie-in and then turned to "exploiting the timeline and changing history with the Bronze flight's consent" in Dragon Soul. There's a lot to be said for other plotlines as well, but all the casual time travel takes the cake for me.

Im surprised I dont see blood elves going horde as much as all 4 pages!

they literally decided this part of lore because they wanted horde to look cutie so "someones girlfriend could join them in horde!"
    they ignored their problems with undeads, their centuries long wars and hostility with trolls and their wars with orcs.

so they decided to ignore all these because one human decided to not babysit them the way the 100% like it to be? (After already joining forces with 2 huge enemies of the alliance they were a part of.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    I would say everything after Wrath, after all, Deathwing was supposed to be dead... I killed him in WC2 .
    Back in TBC it was revealed that Deathwing survived.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    Im surprised I dont see blood elves going horde as much as all 4 pages!

they literally decided this part of lore because they wanted horde to look cutie so "someones girlfriend could join them in horde!"
    they ignored their problems with undeads, their centuries long wars and hostility with trolls and their wars with orcs.

so they decided to ignore all these because one human decided to not babysit them the way the 100% like it to be? (After already joining forces with 2 huge enemies of the alliance they were a part of.)
    Because one human wanted to execute them and what with the little disagreement after the second war.

retconning w3 lore

Making Me'dan the new Guardian of Tirisfal in that one comic because being a Draenei, Orc, Human hybrid made him able to wield the Light, Elements and Magic combined, which they charged him up with. Good thing it got largely retconned out of existence. That's not how the Guardian should work, nor the powers in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal The Black View Post
    - Nathanos plot armor

- Bolvar not getting a single hit on Mary Suevanas
    This summarizes perfectly the topic tittle.
    "There is a hole, in a more ancient part of the mmo-champion forum. A pit where men are thrown to be forgotten. But sometimes a troll rises from the darkness. Sometimes, the hole sends something back... to make some pointless comment"

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Void elves being a thing.
    this, and especialy them being accepted into alliance...

7+ Year Old Account
    Anything after 5.1 i think was stupid, but hands down putting sylvanas as warchief and all the lore about it in bfa
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2020-05-28 at 01:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Back in TBC it was revealed that Deathwing survived.
    Still doesn't make any sense, in WC2 we killed him in Draenor, yet, he was reborn in Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuor View Post
    Still doesn't make any sense, in WC2 we killed him in Draenor, yet, he was reborn in Azeroth.
    All I can find about deathwing in WC2 is him retreating instead of dying.
    But that could be on me for not playing WC2

Anything Garrosh beyond his "introduction" - Considering what he had experienced in life and the mere monolith of a driving force which was his Father; Garrosh could easily have become one of the best written and one of the most compelling characters in Warcraft; But he was boggled down to a "Daddy issues 101" character with a dash of anger-management issues and "Justified" genocide fetish sprinkled ontop.

That people still in 2020 refer to the Stonetalon questline as anything which proves Garrosh has a heart is absolute bogus; considering how we have had it confirmed that Blizzard already knows and plans elements years in advance; it simply REEKS of being a "patchwork" thing they implemented knowing he would bomb the s**t outta Theramore; You know so Por-Garrosh people could muster their brains and remember the ONE questline where Garrosh went "killing. bad" - No wonder the quest stands out as it is truly a memorable moment; it had Garrosh act so out of what his character became that it is insane. Right into the dumpster; one of the worst things in Warcraft lore.
    The funniest jokes on MMO-Champ in order: (This signature is not calling out anyone in SPECIFIC and is thus not breaking any rules)
    1: All the moderators that does not know how to handle this webpage.
    2: Whoever set up the auto-bot that does not know the rules.
    3: The rules and guidelines themselves.
    Speaking of jokes:https://i.imgur.com/MaBzzAR.png

I'm going to go with pretty much everything after vanilla.

Forsaken joining the Horde and night elves joining the Alliance

Turning known WC3 characters into generic villains with cheesy catchphrases

The whole Alliance vs Horde conflict

The whole draenei retcon

Pretty much all the time traveling to another universe stuff in WoD which is basically the WoW jumping the shark point

Sargeras being vacuumed after losing at every turn after the Broken Shore

Turning Thrall a bit to obvious into Metzens self insert. Same can be said for Nathanos

Med'an with is self explanatory

Alliance raiding Dazar'alor instead of just going for Sylvanas

N'zoth's treatment in 8.3

As of late the void elves. The whole point of this asspull race was to give the Alliance a BE model which doesn't look to similiar to an actual BE, but now that they can turn into one I don't see whats the point anymore to have them being void elves at all. Just give them proper high elves from the very beginning

Giving Sylvanas free reign despite that what she was doing is way worse than Garrosh did, and the faction leaders immediatly turned against Garrosh while with Sylvanas they were still supporting her for way longer

Anything related to timetravel is surely going to blow up in Blizzard's face. There's simply no way for them to be consistent with it. The CoT made the most "sense" and even that was dubious at best.