Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by svetlio View Post
    I will describe you a beter way to rise your raider io:
    1 use your credit card to buy wow takents like a lot of them
    2 turn them in gold
    3 pay for 15+ key boost in all dungeons
    Its done you have epick raider io but you are steel shitt player who disbands evry group you join after that cos you simply sux
    Pretty shitty way actially.
    Three 15 keys in time raise your rating only to something like 500 rio.
    Any noob who does only +7 keys will have more of it (all +7 completion results in 700 rating).
    You need to buy far more different +15 keys in time to achieve considerable raiting (so you need to throw more $$$), and this still not help to get invites since raider io addon shows not only raitng, but also a number of completions each tier intime, and if its low and rating is high - boom, we have an obvious buyer here!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    RHowever r.io needs to start clocking up how many times people leave a dungeon run early
    Pretend that you're a log parser and try to detect ragequitter in this situations: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post52379200

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reyuna View Post
    It needs to a) punish leavers (consistent leavers more so)
    We have small team that try to push our own keys further, but leave if not in time or trying some tactics that fails.
    So how you will detect "leavers" here?

Any way of tracking leavers will result in heavy abusing of this system.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    The very reason why you had really low-skill players in 16 is because they had not got punished for leaving in the first place. They failed, they left, they didn't got punish, their scores got up and they ended up in your group. What is funny is that in this post, you admit raider IO as is worthless. Worse yet, you deflect the problems of Raider.IO's problems in the ranking system to boosting.

You are not even remotely as smart as you think you are.
    Neither did I claim any smartness nor did I claim I was an avid r.io user, let alone lover.

It's also quite the leap to assume that every failer in a 16 got there because they weren't punished for leaving. Like, you might wanna overthink your argument again before doing your wannabe psycho analysis.

Worse than the people thinking I should be punished for leaving their garbage key are people like you - people who think they got it all figured out.

The very reason why you had really low-skill players in 16 is because they had not got punished for leaving in the first place. They failed, they left, they didn't got punish, their scores got up and they ended up in your group.
    What a bizarre argument.... acore can't increase when you leave a key.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Neither did I claim any smartness nor did I claim I was an avid r.io user, let alone lover.

It's also quite the leap to assume that every failer in a 16 got there because they weren't punished for leaving. Like, you might wanna overthink your argument again before doing your wannabe psycho analysis.

Worse than the people thinking I should be punished for leaving their garbage key are people like you - people who think they got it all figured out.
    His view isn't even grounded in reality anyway. If punishments are doled out for leaving all you get is people afking or purposefully wiping the group to get the key owner to call it. The situation inevitably gets MORE toxic, not less.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    What a bizarre argument.... acore can't increase when you leave a key.
    Think about what you just said. There is only one way your score can go if you leave all failed runs when there is no punishment for it.

There is only one way your score can go if you leave all failed runs when there is no punishment for it.
    Score isn't tied to number failed runs at all. You can leave every failed run and have a sh*tscore. Or you can have zero leaves and a high score.
    Say you can run 15 FH timed and have your 160 score, then you can do any failed attempts as you wish, either leaving or not, and score will not go up or lower at all until your successfull 16 TH timed.

Quote Originally Posted by iinverse View Post
    Score isn't tied to number failed runs at all. You can leave every failed run and have a sh*tscore. Or you can have zero leaves and a high score.
    Say you can run 15 FH timed and have your 160 score, then you can do any failed attempts as you wish, either leaving or not, and score will not go up or lower at all until your successfull 16 TH timed.
    That's my point. The system doesn't track your failures, but only successes. This is a bad elo. In this system, there is no difference between timing 16 on first attempt and timing 16 on 200th attempt.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2020-06-01 at 11:40 AM.

That's my point. The system doesn't track your failures, but only successes. This is a bad elo. In this system, there is no difference between timing 16 on first attempt and timing 16 on 200th attempt.
    But it has more pros than cons.
    If you can time 16 on first attempt - you'll easily close 17-18 and therefore have more score. If you have real problems and can close 16 on 200th attempt - you will have real problems with closing 17 and therefore have less score.
    On the other half, if the system will start to track failure rates, most rio scorers will stop helping runs. Or they will fail runs on purpose to force disband (because those runs are untrackable by now). This will became much more toxic.

But it has more pros than cons.
    If you can time 16 on first attempt - you'll easily close 17-18 and therefore have more score. If you have real problems and can close 16 on 200th attempt - you will have real problems with closing 17 and therefore have less score.
    On the other half, if the system will start to track failure rates, most rio scorers will stop helping runs. Or they will fail runs on purpose to force disband (because those runs are untrackable by now). This will became much more toxic.
    There is a middle ground. You can consider a finished dungeon as a success, but with less points. Timing it gives you the most points. Leaving should decrease your score. This is the optimal system in my opinion, but might be technically not possible because you need an API to differentiate a timed finish, a non-timed finish and an unsuccessful finish.

Theres nothing perfect about a system like raider.io, these systems shouldn't exist.

Raider.IO is just a tool. it helps me a lot. i think ffxiv is also a great mmorpg. Final Fantasy XIV is a unique Japanese, subscription-based MMORPG. It was re-released in 2013 after significant improvements. We recommend reliable ffxiv gil trade marketplace
    Last edited by devilzxlin; 2020-07-04 at 06:09 AM.

Not going far enough.
    I am the type of person that not only demand experience and performance in my group. I also demand every single person that interact with me to be a good, righteous person.
    So Raider.IO should considering searching the internet and find the players social media account (allow players to opt in or otherwise), perhaps even their voting preference. It is my right to reject THOSE PEOPLE in my +5 key.

There is a middle ground. You can consider a finished dungeon as a success, but with less points. Timing it gives you the most points. Leaving should decrease your score. This is the optimal system in my opinion, but might be technically not possible because you need an API to differentiate a timed finish, a non-timed finish and an unsuccessful finish.
    Even if API could track all kinds of runs, your score system discourage helping guildies\friends with weekly keys.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    Theres nothing perfect about a system like raider.io, these systems shouldn't exist.
    Why do you think so?

Meh, turning the community into more of an elitist circle jerk is terrible. It was all downhill since Gearscore was made an official thing. On top of that, M+ is a distillation of the horrendous parts of WoW. Wannabe elitists mixed with rushing and a timer? Screw that, did some in Legion and haven't touched it since. I am not a bad player as most would assume, I am just not putting up with the BS. High end raiding and M+ have become just the worst parts of WoW, Basically Wildstar levels of tryhard.

Raider.io encourages it and It's the reason I won't ever use it when forming my groups in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Too bad.

Learn the dungeons on 2. Raise your io with 7s and 8s. Timing all 7s puts you at nearly 1k io, It's not hard to do and understand. There's too many bads in this game and RIO is a b l e s s i n g

It is useless if you ask me, all it does is show who has been a buyer of runs

Even if API could track all kinds of runs, your score system discourage helping guildies\friends with weekly keys.
    Only if they fail, unless I've misunderstood something.

Pretty shitty way actially.
    Three 15 keys in time raise your rating only to something like 500 rio.
    Any noob who does only +7 keys will have more of it (all +7 completion results in 700 rating).
    You need to buy far more different +15 keys in time to achieve considerable raiting (so you need to throw more $$$), and this still not help to get invites since raider io addon shows not only raitng, but also a number of completions each tier intime, and if its low and rating is high - boom, we have an obvious buyer here!

- - - Updated - - -

Pretend that you're a log parser and try to detect ragequitter in this situations: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post52379200

- - - Updated - - -

We have small team that try to push our own keys further, but leave if not in time or trying some tactics that fails.
    So how you will detect "leavers" here?

Any way of tracking leavers will result in heavy abusing of this system.

Which is why just scrapping the whole thing and not having any of it is the best solution

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    It is useless if you ask me, all it does is show who has been a buyer of runs
    You need to buy a sh*tload of runs to have both raitng AND quantity of completed dungeons (both numbers are provided via addon).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Only if they fail, unless I've misunderstood something.
    And it fails often, because they're casuals. And most of the players are casuals. If failed runs will affect raitng, most scorers will stop helping others.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Which is why just scrapping the whole thing and not having any of it is the best solution
    Ok, you want to time 17 key. You got into party finder and got something like 30-40 players without any indication of their success in pushing keys.
    How do you chose ones that will not fail your key? Will start to check everyone, searching blizzard keys leaderboard? And while checking, some of players will go to other parties and newer will arrive?
    Raider.io rating gives your some basic indication that player at least been in the high key dungeon. You can also quick check a quantity of his succesful runs and, if you need, raider.io provides detailed info about said dungeon you're interested - like how many times player cleared it, complexity of keys, affixes he closed it etc.
    Its a good tool to form a party.

And it fails often, because they're casuals. And most of the players are casuals. If failed runs will affect raitng, most scorers will stop helping others.
    Couldn't you turn it off or play an alt to avoid that on your main?

And ti be brutally objective, maybe the loss in RaiderIO score is worth playing with your friends?

Couldn't you turn it off or play an alt to avoid that on your main?
    Allowing to turn it off will result in heavy abusing of it.
    Playing on alt... well, its poible, but you need to gear/farm it, and this xpac at least mainly wasn't pretty alt friendly.

And ti be brutally objective, maybe the loss in RaiderIO score is worth playing with your friends?
    For me - yes, I mainly do not care about rated play.
    But I assume it will turn off people who care more about rating, and they will have some sort of excuse for that.