Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dungeons and raids just feel...meh

So i just came back to WoW, ill admit ive been playing ffxiv but due to content drought i decided to come back and give it a real good go, i haven't played WoW seriously since the end of cata and usually bought the expansions and lvled to max and quit shortly after.

So i started my adventure, rolled a brand new mage and lvled her all the way to 120. I tried to do all the dungeons in WoD and up and after finally getting to 120 and doing the last dungeon i honestly felt burnt out, and dreaded doing another one even if there was a good upgrade reward to be had.

Its not that i was burnt out on dungeons it was because they just felt boring, they felt slow and uninteresting, it felt like no matter how hard i or others hit targets they just died depressingly slow, the boss abilities were so trivial that other than death mechanics i could stand there and spam arcane blast until dead and yes i did go as fire as and frost to break up the monotony.

It wasnt until raids that a bit of a challenge started to arise, after the days of grinding to get gear enough to head into lfr i was met with decent mechanics and interesting boss fights but the fun felt short lived after the first run then became a mind dulling ride.

Now i know i mentioned ffxiv and im not trying to compare, ive played WoW since vanilla and knew what to expect from vanilla up until cata, but what i think WoW needs is interesting boss mechanics, dungeon mechanics, less trash, and shorter but more memorable dungeons to make you think "aww yeah i love this place!".

...dude, try a mythic +10 or higher and come back to me. You didnt play wow if you just did mythic 0 or instances while lvling...You know that wow starts at end-game content, it always has.,..Which is a flaw for sure, dosen't tell much about the game for new players etc, but your not a new player, so you would know this.

...I saw you also mentioned LFR. There are many semi-pro people who are good enough players to boost 15-keys all week long, that dosen't even have cleared Mythic raid yet...Raids have gotten way to fucking hard in wow - Last time I properly raided was in cata, and damn mechanics we're already sick then...Heroic Ragnaros comes to mind ofc.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

head into lfr i was met with decent mechanics and interesting boss fights
    This post has to be a troll right? No way is this person being serious right? Measured difficulty of game by normal/heroic dungeons and LFR. lol. I like FF14, but the easy content is very forgiving. For example, in alliance raids (LFR equivalent) there is no limit to the amount of rezzes. If a healer is left and has a 3 charge ult, they can rez the entire raid (assuming they live through the cast).
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-05-29 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    So i just came back to WoW, ill admit ive been playing ffxiv but due to content drought i decided to come back and give it a real good go, i haven't played WoW seriously since the end of cata and usually bought the expansions and lvled to max and quit shortly after.

So i started my adventure, rolled a brand new mage and lvled her all the way to 120. I tried to do all the dungeons in WoD and up and after finally getting to 120 and doing the last dungeon i honestly felt burnt out, and dreaded doing another one even if there was a good upgrade reward to be had.

Its not that i was burnt out on dungeons it was because they just felt boring, they felt slow and uninteresting, it felt like no matter how hard i or others hit targets they just died depressingly slow, the boss abilities were so trivial that other than death mechanics i could stand there and spam arcane blast until dead and yes i did go as fire as and frost to break up the monotony.

It wasnt until raids that a bit of a challenge started to arise, after the days of grinding to get gear enough to head into lfr i was met with decent mechanics and interesting boss fights but the fun felt short lived after the first run then became a mind dulling ride.

Now i know i mentioned ffxiv and im not trying to compare, ive played WoW since vanilla and knew what to expect from vanilla up until cata, but what i think WoW needs is interesting boss mechanics, dungeon mechanics, less trash, and shorter but more memorable dungeons to make you think "aww yeah i love this place!".
    You did only boring and easy things, of course you've fond them...boring and easy! Real fun starts on a higher difficulties, give it a try! I, personally, really enjoy +15-20 dungeons and mythic raids.

Once you get into M+, you definitely have to do mechanics. On trash, too. There are also a few changes to the bosses in Mythic as well
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Deffo bait

These are contradictory complaints.

If you are on a level mechanics are trivial there is no chance trash are lasting more then a couple of gcds and boss fights will be measured in seconds. If you're on a level where things die 'depressingly slow' you're sure as shit going to die if you ignore mechanics.

I've played FFXIV as well and I know dungeons feel pretty similar.

15+ Year Old Account
    B R U H

Not sure what rock u been under past few years, but LFR is the ELI5 version of raiding, can be done with half raid afk, actual raiding dosnt even match it.

Cant tell if trolling or not in this case
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

I haven't tried mythic since it was released but if mythic is where all the fun is then why does the rest of the game exist? I was talking from a point of view of a leveling experience up to pre endgame. I understand its an mmo and the endgame is where the progression is but to an average player whos going through the mountain of content to get to endgame shouldnt things be fun and interesting and get better when you make it to mythic? From the posts im reading all im hearing is "lol buy boost, do mythic if you want fun"

Dungeons and raids feel a lot worse right now because everyone runs them like that are trying to break a speedrunning record. Its not fun for a new or returning player to try and learn new mechanics or fights when the community is moving like lightening so they can get back to grinding another run. Granted this is more of an end-game problem, but still.
    Last edited by Celvira; 2020-05-29 at 10:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

So you come back, run some easy-mode dungeons and LFR, then made a topic to complain about how easy and boring the game is.

Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I haven't tried mythic since it was released but if mythic is where all the fun is then why does the rest of the game exist? I was talking from a point of view of a leveling experience up to pre endgame. I understand its an mmo and the endgame is where the progression is but to an average player whos going through the mountain of content to get to endgame shouldnt things be fun and interesting and get better when you make it to mythic? From the posts im reading all im hearing is "lol buy boost, do mythic if you want fun"
    yeah the leveling dungeons are way to easy,blizz puts all the effort in mythic raids and mythic+ dungeons,the lvling is getting a revamp in shadowlands,but you cant really expect them to make leveling to hard,maybe they could add difficulty options to leveling dungeons,but...everyone would just chose the fastest ones anyways

We shouldn't accept or tell players that playing on mythic is the only way to have fun at max level. Not every player is going to want to complete mythic content, and the game should be enjoyable at all levels of play. Base and heroic dungeons are still mind-numbingly easy, so upping their difficulty a bit is by no means a terrible idea if they are constantly getting steamrolled.

A decent compromise would be having the heroic version of dungeons feature mythic+ mechanics, but with a decrease in lethality for failing them so players learn more difficult content without feeling pressured by the timers in mythic+.

The OP is specifically complaining about how easy levelling content is. Whatever it is they want its not easier content.

That said this thread is looking more and more like bait, levelling dungeons in FFXIV are the same gogogo aoe lawnmowing fests they are in WoW.

To be fair, FF14's dungeons on average are much more thematically and visually exciting, with some phenomenal music. Even if both games base dungeons are relatively easy, FF14's presentation invokes a stronger sense of excitement due to its other designs.

Take the first dungeon of FF14's latest expansion as a quick example - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeYATGs70Ss
    Last edited by Celvira; 2020-05-29 at 10:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine goin into lfr and then complain about easy content.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    This post has to be a troll right? No way is this person being serious right? Measured difficulty of game by normal/heroic dungeons and LFR. lol. I like FF14, but the easy content is very forgiving. For example, in alliance raids (LFR equivalent) there is no limit to the amount of rezzes. If a healer is left and has a 3 charge ult, they can rez the entire raid (assuming they live through the cast).
    Alliance raids are quite easy, but the actual raids (single boss spaced encounters) are actually quite trying, or exhausting to get through, but enough of a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    So you come back, run some easy-mode dungeons and LFR, then made a topic to complain about how easy and boring the game is.

The leveling experience doesnt have to be facerollingly easy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celvira View Post
    We shouldn't accept or tell players that playing on mythic is the only way to have fun at max level. Not every player is going to want to complete mythic content, and the game should be enjoyable at all levels of play. Base and heroic dungeons are still mind-numbingly easy, so upping their difficulty a bit is by no means a terrible idea if they are constantly getting steamrolled.

A decent compromise would be having the heroic version of dungeons feature mythic+ mechanics, but with a decrease in lethality for failing them so players learn more difficult content without feeling pressured by the timers in mythic+.
    LFR isn't for any serious raiding even if its only two days a week, normal is a better example. The fact OP did LFR only shows how dumb his post is. Heroic dungeons being steam rolled is obvious cause everyone outgears it.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Celvira View Post
    To be fair, FF14's dungeons on average are much more thematically and visually exciting, with some phenomenal music. Even if both games base dungeons are relatively easy, FF14's presentation invokes a stronger sense of excitement due to its other designs.

Take the first dungeon of FF14's latest expansion as a quick example - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeYATGs70Ss
    dont get whats so special about that dungeon...its a forest,yes its cool and looks nice,but looks kinda like halls of valor in legion,this seems to me more like a graphic design preference