Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    If you're smashing stuff you are no longer protesting, you are engaging in criminal behavior.
    This is wrong.
    No, I don't support violent protest.
    Just saying, that you are wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by infinit View Post
    Good job fuckwits
    Amazing, hundreds of people managed to trash an entire city without killing someone but a trained police officer couldn't carry out a basic arrest without using lethal force.

This isn't condemning who you think it is, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

If you're smashing stuff you are no longer protesting, you are engaging in criminal behavior.
    Then by all means - please do explain why you should continue obeying the law in a system you deem to be fundamentally unjust and oppressive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    This is wrong.
    No, I don't support violent protest.
    Just saying, that you are wrong.
    No, I'm not wrong. When you smash peoples stuff, you are committing a crime.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Then by all means - please do explain why you should continue obeying the law in a system you deem to be fundamentally unjust and oppressive.
    If you don't like the law in a country, move to another country.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    He knew that. He was just trying to spew Stormfront rhetoric for the day.
    Its no different than if a white person would say that they would avoid the black parts of town because they would just rob him. It's stigmatizing a whole community. It's racism.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I'm not wrong. When you smash peoples stuff, you are committing a crime.
    Why does something being a crime matter in an unjust system?
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Don't come crying when the authorities crack down on it when you commit crimes.

Amazing, hundreds of people managed to trash an entire city without killing someone but a trained police officer couldn't carry out a basic arrest without using lethal force.

- - - Updated - - -

What?
    A woman was beaten/killed a few hours ago
    A guy was shot Wednesday
    edit: apparently someone was burned to death

tons of local businesses are now gone.

but as long as you, the oppressed gay white person is happy its ok!!!!!
    Last edited by infinit; 2020-05-29 at 07:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Not quite, someone got burned alive https://twitter.com/xoesazz/status/1266244351836909570

We'll find out the death count when the city is back under control

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Still completely irrelevant to the conversation. Yet you'd still bringing up this pointless question.
    It is completely relevant. You don't see it because you are racist, I assume. I can't otherwise explain how you would say that comparing it to another point in history where similar things happened, is irrelevant. Normally we say that we should learn from history. Not ignore it. At least here in Germany.

7+ Year Old Account
    Tell me what is just about taking out your frustrations on someone random, or their property and livelihood.
    There is no justification. Zero.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't like the law in a country, move to another country.
    Oh, when this happened, they tried; then people like you turned them back to die.

The St. Louisset sail from Hamburg to Cuba on May 13, 1939 under command of Captain Gustav Schröder, carrying 937 passengers, most of them Jewish refugees seeking asylum from Nazi persecution in Germany.

Captain Schröder was a German who went to great lengths to ensure dignified treatment for his passengers. Food served included items subject to rationing in Germany, and childcare was available while parents dined. Dances and concerts were put on, and on Friday evenings, religious services were held in the dining room. A bust of Hitler was covered by a tablecloth. Swimming lessons took place in the pool. Lothar Molton, a boy traveling with his parents, said that the passengers thought of it as "a vacation cruise to freedom".

Bound for Cuba, the ship dropped anchor at 04:00 on May 27 at the far end of the Havana Harbor but was denied entry to the usual docking areas. The Cuban government, headed by President Federico Laredo Brú, refused to accept the foreign refugees, although holding legal tourist visas to Cuba, as laws related to these had been recently changed. On May 5, 1939, four months before World War II began, Havana abandoned its pragmatic immigration policy, by virtue of Decree 937, which restricted entry of all foreigners except U.S. citizens, unless authorized by Cuban secretaries of state subject a bond of US $500.-". None of the passengers knew that their landing permits were invalidated retroactively.

After the ship had been in the harbour for five days, only 28 passengers were allowed to disembark in Cuba. Twenty-two were Jews who had valid United States visas; four were Spanish citizens and two were Cuban nationals, all with valid entry documents. The last admitted was the medical evacuee, a desperate passenger who attempted a suicide, and was allowed hospitalization in Havana.

Records show American officials Cordell Hull, Secretary of State and Henry Morgenthau, Secretary of the Treasury had made efforts to persuade Cuba to accept the refugees, quite like the failed attempts by the American Jewish "Joint" Distribution Committee, which pleaded with the government. After most passengers were refused landing in Cuba, Captain Schröder directed St. Louis and the remaining 907 refugees towards the United States. He circled off the coast of Florida, hoping for permission from authorities to enter the United States. Cordell Hull advised Franklin Roosevelt, president of the USA, not to accept the Jews. Captain Schröder considered running aground along the coast to allow the refugees to escape but, acting on Cordell Hull's instructions, United States Coast Guard vessels shadowed the ship and prevented this.
    I distinctly recall you being against immigration and refugees in many other threads, too.

So the answer, in your philosophy, is if you are a person that society deems undesirable, you should just up and die.

Crazy thing is that when it comes to you? Not surprised. Not a single flicker of concern for anyone besides yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't come crying when the authorities crack down on it when you commit crimes.
    So people aren't supposed to resist oppression?

As a thought exercise, imagine if Democrats had complete power over the US and the first law they write in is registered Republicans and those who vote Republican are now classified illegals and have to leave the nation or be put into concentration camps.

Somehow, I don't think these self-serving hypocrites would be singing the same tune of "lawful and peaceful protests only".
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    As a thought exercise, imagine if Democrats had complete power over the US and the first law they write in is registered Republicans and those who vote Republican are now classified illegals and have to leave the nation or be put into concentration camps.

Somehow, I don't think these self-serving hypocrites would be singing the same tune of "lawful and peaceful protests only".
    Spoiler: They will deflect or ignore this point.

So people aren't supposed to resist oppression?
    What you think is oppression isn't necessarily what everyone else thinks is oppression.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course they will, lol. But at least we're getting down to brass tacks and Freighter's just coming right on out with being supportive of an autocratic police state.

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post

I'd say they can move to another country if they're not happy with the laws in their country.

10+ Year Old Account
    What you think is oppression isn't necessarily what everyone else thinks is oppression.
    Yeah, that's kinda how oppression works. A majority of people oppress a minority.

Groundbreaking. /s

- - - Updated - - -

I'd say they can move to another country if they're not happy with the laws in their country.
    And when they try, and people like you lobby your government to turn them away, what then?

And when they try, and people like you lobby your government to turn them away, what then?
    They can go to another country.

10+ Year Old Account
    They can go to another country.
    Nope. The other countries have done the same. What's your answer?

Well, that's the problem with sociopaths in a position of privilege and power - they will find every and all means to deny their victims dignity to live their lives with fairness and dignity because all they want is to maintain said position of privilege and power.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future