Page 1 of 2
LastLast

no Physical Copy..

just got a call from EBGames here in Australia.

No physical copies for shadowlands....

I want my damn box art!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Misshulk View Post

we don't even have a release date...... they wouldn't be able to give you a confirmation until they know for sure. we have had physical copies of all the previous games, plus there is also this: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...hadowlands-now "In the coming months, we will announce our retail-only Collector’s Edition to commemorate the release of Shadowlands, featuring everything in the Epic Edition, and more!"

Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    I wonder if that's going to spring up elsewhere. Has every other expansion been released physically there so far?
    Yes. i have every CE since BC thus far... Other people in my guild have also gotten the same phone call this morning....

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yes. i have every CE since BC thus far... Other people in my guild have also gotten the same phone call this morning....
    what exactly prompted these phone calls? you can't pre-order it via their website or in store yet so what was it just a bunch of people making an enquiry and getting a phone call response from that?

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.

Welcome to MMOC, but didn't you post this on the official forums as well?

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    what exactly prompted these phone calls? you can't pre-order it via their website or in store yet so what was it just a bunch of people making an enquiry and getting a phone call response from that?
    ive had shadowlands pre-ordered with a $50 deposit since xmas, as has many others i imagine

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Welcome to MMOC, but didn't you post this on the official forums as well?
    nope. i dont post on the official forums

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    ive had shadowlands pre-ordered with a $50 deposit since xmas, as has many others i imagine
    I can't see it on the EBGames website preorder section. odd.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    No physical copy yet, but there probably be one down the line

EB are issuing refunds (store credits) (in australia anyway), as their wont be physical copies. I am hoping this is an Australian only thing and i can purchase a physical copy elsewhere...

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Never, ever preorder a version of a game that hasn't officially even been announced or assigned a SKU yet.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    EB are issuing refunds (store credits) (in australia anyway), as their wont be physical copies. I am hoping this is an Australian only thing and i can purchase a physical copy elsewhere...
    that's really odd, maybe they are waiting for a release date? it is still a while off

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Hi All,I not long received a call from EB games, (the main game store for my little state) telling me that my pre-order for the Shadowlands collectors edition has been cancelled because Australia wont be getting any physical copies of the game.
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...for-aus/543492

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Hi All,I not long received a call from EB games, (the main game store for my little state) telling me that my pre-order for the Shadowlands collectors edition has been cancelled because Australia wont be getting any physical copies of the game.
    cheers for the link. i'll monitor that. i've also sent EB Games head office an enquiry to sus it....

Smells like some sort of miscommunication or something. No reason for them not to ship CEs to Australia if they exist, weird times we live in right now, may be hard for physical boxes to get made up.

5+ Year Old Account
    cheers for the link. i'll monitor that. i've also sent EB Games head office an enquiry to sus it....
    Don't play dense please.
    We know you posted that thread, and when it died, made your MMOC account and posted here.

Don't play dense please.
    We know you posted that thread, and when it died, made your MMOC account and posted here.
    evidently you don't "know" anything but thanks for assuming

It's a retailer. They don't know shit, especially since it is still months away either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    No physical copies = less plastic. Sounds good to me.
    Hi

I love having physical copies of things; but let’s face it, in another decade we’ll probably have nothing but digital downloads.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    No physical copies = less plastic. Sounds good to me.
    This is one of the good things about it.