Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Its not the same...at all. I'd be more annoyed if a GM was rude to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Yea, great comparison man, exactly the same things!

sigh
    You're both right, I'd expect the company with essentially infinity resources to be able to support much higher standards with client-facing communication.

Yes, it's a bit unprofessional, but... would you rather get a "corporate" response in perfect English that basically told you to go f...k yourself or something like this where someone actually showed some empathy and took the time to politely explain to you why it's not possible?

I'd take the latter every time.

Also, I've checked - "Azerit" is a German term for "Azerite". My guess is that your response was written by a GM that usually responds to non-English tickets and he/she just made an oopsie by not realizing that English terms are slightly different.

And if that person is indeed under a heavy workload then I think that's excusable
    Last edited by Sarethion; 2020-05-31 at 12:18 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    As long as the issue gets resolved and they aren't rude/reckless what is the problem?

This is such a nonissue lmao.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Can I just say anyone saying the OP is in the wrong for (reasonably) expecting a response from a paid service run by a multibillion-dollar organisation to have correct spelling (and ideally grammar) are being needlessly contrarian imo.

How would you like it if I sent you a letter of legal advice with multiple spelling and grammar errors?
    How would you like it if someone told you that if you make such a comparison and actually stick by it you're simply a person who's not worth arguing and / or conversing with?

Anyway, they probably got a French guy to handle your ticket beacuse of GM shortage (inb4 "why don't they hire more gms just throw money at everything xddd"), at least you got a response - I've gone two weeks now waiting for a response to a ticket I have about getting scammed in ESO.
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're both right, I'd expect the company with essentially infinity resources to be able to support much higher standards with client-facing communication.
    Even the smallest company is going to make spelling errors once in awhile. Let it go
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Probably that the GM wrote "N'Zot" - misspelled the name. Oh..also "germs" - And that ofc warrants a thread about the current state of game masters" as in: They are ALL shite because of one guy.

Say something about the state of customer(s) as well, I guess.
    yeah i dont quite get the complaint?
    He rather the gm spend time re-reading and spelling/grammar check their entire messege, instead of providing service faster?
    I spelling check my videos like 2-3 times and STILL shit gets through, like "Might bash" like its 2 full correct words... but the spell is mighty bash... so yeah thats wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    that guy is clearly French,however what surprises me is that you found a Blizzard CS guy who's actually still human

9/10 times you end up talking to soulless drones
    lol, i have never spoken to a bot in all of my tickets, although speaking to a few if you are rude AF and they dont wanna deal with you they will usually put you to automatic responses for abit, so maybe you need to be abit better?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Next thing you demand the Blizzard developers to actually play their own game before coming out will their shite timegated rng fiesta daily grind bullshit, you silly goose.
    they... they do... most (if not all) of the devs play wow...
    if you think thats bad, a fair few of the people who made wow vanilla didnt play or even like video games.
    look to the warcraft diary, dude literally didnt play video games.

- - - Updated - - -

Can I just say anyone saying the OP is in the wrong for (reasonably) expecting a response from a paid service run by a multibillion-dollar organisation to have correct spelling (and ideally grammar) are being needlessly contrarian imo.

How would you like it if I sent you a letter of legal advice with multiple spelling and grammar errors?
    Providing legal advice is not the same as customer support my dude.
    as least you can understand what they are saying.
    also idk if you know, but just cause you make a lot of money does not mean your gunna have perfect english.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahaha holy shit I can’t even understand half of what this Gm says. Blizzard are a small indie company after all so it’s expected.

It’s seriously hilarious when you compare how the GM service of vanilla was actually better than it is now. I remember my guild getting glitches in raids and I could open a ticket and get a response in ten minutes flat. They’d even come to our raid to help ensure it was fixed. Now that I think about things, I haven’t had a Gm actually message me in game in years. They just write shit in the ticket and say sorry we can’t help you.

Ok legal advice was an extreme example.

My point remains if you complain to the power company about an error on your bill you don't (or shouldn't) expect a response 18 weeks late on a sweat-stained rag written in crayon in the hand of a 5-year-old because your bill is only $300. Whereas the fish and chip shop next door gets a response in cursive embossed in gold leaf because their bill is $1500.
    There is a minimum level of professional acceptability.

Good lord, i sometimes sympathize with blizzard when i see threads like this.
    They have to deal with bitching and whining all the time... man i wish they would grow balls and tell community to fuck off.

I feel sorry for that support guy.

all the good ones got laid off xD

15+ Year Old Account
    Well that baguetteboi is in a wrong job.

If you can't write simple sentences in English, you shouldn't be in English customer service.

Or just use the fucking layouts the GM's use 99,99% time when they reply to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

He that is without spelling mistakes among you, let him first cast a dictionary

The problem here obviously isn't that particular customer support employee, and I hope no one in their right mind is blaming the actual GM. The problem is that one of the biggest gaming companies in the world is obviously trying to save pennies on customer support, by probably hiring students from "cheaper countries" to work as English-language GMs.

I find it funny that everyone here shits on Blizzard/Activision on every occassion, but it's enough if a regular employee can be used as a shield and a lot of people get tricked into just defending the guy instead of looking at the bigger picture. Maybe no streamer/youtuber has talked about it yet, so the people unable to think for themselves don't know what to do?

Here's the thing: it's much bigger of a problem if the richest gaming company in the world hires students from Eastern Europe to work as customer support for English speakers, than when the same company punishes some celebrity kid for speaking about politics during an e-sports tournament. It's wrong on so many levels, starting from disrespect to the customer, and ending with disrespect to the actual wage earners who probably earn like 10 times less than a citizen of UK or US would earn in the same position.

Lastly, just to address all the "wow everyone does typos from time to time" posts. To prevent mistakes a query will be pushed that you need to confirm, which explains, that with the conformation they will no more option to undo it. is much more than just a sentence with typos. It's a completely scuffed structure that is perfectly fine for a tourist from abroad to use to communicate while on vacation, but not okay for anyone using their language as a tool in their job, and customer support employees are such people.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2020-05-31 at 11:32 AM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

"Expecting" maybe?
    I would expect my issue to be resolved and the rep to be friendly. Does it really warrant a rant thread like this one over misspellings and bad grammar?

Of course you can't give back germs, that would cause a pandemic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Hahaha holy shit I can’t even understand half of what this Gm says. Blizzard are a small indie company after all so it’s expected.

It’s seriously hilarious when you compare how the GM service of vanilla was actually better than it is now. I remember my guild getting glitches in raids and I could open a ticket and get a response in ten minutes flat. They’d even come to our raid to help ensure it was fixed. Now that I think about things, I haven’t had a Gm actually message me in game in years. They just write shit in the ticket and say sorry we can’t help you.
    "Back in vanilla when there was far few blizzard games and players we had faster response times" ok... yeah?

also maybe you havent had a gm speak to you ingame cause you arnt on when the ticket completes?
    if you are and it has to do with something ingame they will messege you.

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    OP, the problem is YOU. Nothing in the ticket is worth being upset or angry about.

This sort of trash thread ("gm makes spelling mistakes = omg is that offensive to u gusy too?") is not what these forums need.
    It shows a lack of professionalism and how much this company cares about actualy hiring people that can't even spell to deal with customers...its like going to a restaurant where the cook cant cook properly and always burns the food or something

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    The problem here obviously isn't that particular customer support employee, and I hope no one in their right mind is blaming the actual GM. The problem is that one of the biggest gaming companies in the world is obviously trying to save pennies on customer support, by probably hiring students from "cheaper countries" to work as English-language GMs.

I find it funny that everyone here shits on Blizzard/Activision on every occassion, but it's enough if a regular employee can be sued and a lot of people get tricked into just defending the guy instead of looking at the bigger picture. Maybe no streamer/youtuber has talked about it yet, so the people unable to think for themselves don't know what to do?

Here's the thing: it's much bigger of a problem if the richest gaming company in the world hires students from Eastern Europe to work as customer support for English speakers, than when the same company punishes some celebrity kid for speaking about politics during an e-sports tournament. It's wrong on so many levels, starting from disrespect to the customer, and ending with disrespect to the actual wage earners who probably earn like 10 times less than a citizen of UK or US would earn in the same position.

Lastly, just to address all the "wow everyone does typos from time to time" posts. To prevent mistakes a query will be pushed that you need to confirm, which explains, that with the conformation they will no more option to undo it. is much more than just a sentence with typos. It's a completely scuffed structure that is perfectly fine for a tourist from abroad to use to communicate while on vacation, but not okay for anyone using their language as a tool in their job, and customer support employees are such people.
    hes french, and this guy is likely EU, so likely a new hire who has decent english but of course not perfect.
    they have GM centers all over the world, and many who work from home.

Also what is wrong with getting kids a job? "Hiring students" is not a bad thing, its a good thing...
    and again, if you want you can always request another GM, the dude is obviously not native english speakers, I am and i still make mistakes all the time, to except UTMOST PERFECTION in spelling and grammar from INSTANT TEXT MESSEGES is kinda sad.
    do you want fast times where the person messages you right away? or would you rather have to wait 10 minutes after each message for them to send to a few fellow employees to make sure the message is 100% correct on grammar and spelling. Its like comparing a corporate wide email which is writen hours in advanced, checked over again and again, and a message sent on the moment.

Also uhh oooooh you did a misspell, so horrible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    It shows a lack of professionalism and how much this company cares about actualy hiring people that can't even spell to deal with customers...its like going to a restaurant where the cook cant cook properly and always burns the food or something
    There is a difference in spelling errors, and right out ruining food.
    you don't go to get your character unstuck, and suddenly your character is deleted cause the guy misspelt a word in your message...
    also lack of professionalism? This is not a corporate office, the GM's are not sitting double and triple checking their messages, they are getting the info to you ASAP so YOUR problem can be fixed ASAP and they can help other ASAP
    if you rather it take LONGER to get your ticket to, and ticket dealt with, just so Nzoth doesn't get misspelled as nzot, then the second you see a misspelling ask for a new GM. they will transfer you to someone else.

OP seems to be EU, and as the GM says there is a massive lineup of tickets, so likely they put some non-native english speakers on the english tickets to try and speed it up, likely non english tickets having been low at the time, as blizzard has people in GM for EVERY language.
    and its better to move people around, that and well do ANY of you have the balls to say "i rather it take longer for my ticket to be read, and dealt with, then have to deal with someone having bad english once in awhile"
    This aint phone calls, you can understand what they are saying atleast, and you can re-ead what they said without having to ask over and over "say again?"
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2020-05-31 at 11:18 AM.

This is bitching for the sake of bitching and just a way for some people to say how it was all better in the good old times...

Personally, I never had any bad experience with a GM and they were always on point (I am playing on EU servers too). The only negative is that it often takes them a while to respond, however it varies a lot depending on your issue. If you need assistance now as in a boss bugged out in your raid, you can actually still get help quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Hahaha holy shit I can’t even understand half of what this Gm says. Blizzard are a small indie company after all so it's expected.
    I think that says more about you than it does about Blizzard.

The response is riddled with errors but it's clearly understandable and if you'd rather wait longer to get a response written in perfect english then I'm sure they'll be happy to oblige if you ask next time. WoW probably has twice the amount of tickets put in compared to normal numbers right now and it wouldn't surprise me the least if they use their FR/DE/ES/IT etc staff to help out with the english tickets when they have time.