Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Corruption Vendor - The code has been cracked - Plan accordingly.

EXPEDIE: 3 0 0 2 1 0 0 0
    MASFUL: 2 1 0 0 0 3 0 0
    VERSAT: 0 3 0 0 2 1 0 0
    SEVERE: 0 0 2 1 0 0 0 3

Each column represents the rotation #.

Kudos to Imfireup from <Complexity Limit> from cracking the code.

Now to see if it holds!

So next saturday for masterful 3!
    Error 404 - Signature not found

If its really broken we could use the full breakdown (for stuff like tentacles and twilight) that'd be great, and a real proof as soon as tuesday as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Elondre42 View Post
    If its really broken we could use the full breakdown (for stuff like tentacles and twilight) that'd be great, and a real proof as soon as tuesday as well.

That's what it has been so far. It looks like different cycles for the other categories of corruption.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2020-06-01 at 05:10 PM.

Hello guys.

laughing at my guildies who bought a bunch of exp 2's and now crying about not being able to afford a bunch of severe 3's

Quote Originally Posted by Telomir View Post
    EXPEDIE: 3 0 0 2 1 0 0 0
    MASFUL: 2 1 0 0 0 3 0 0
    VERSAT: 0 3 0 0 2 1 0 0
    SEVERE: 0 0 2 1 0 0 0 3

Each column represents the rotation #.

Kudos to Imfireup from <Complexity Limit> from cracking the code.

Now to see if it holds!
    For the benefit of those who don't already know: this is wrong. The code was not cracked.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    For the benefit of those who don't already know: this is wrong. The code was not cracked.
    I'm hoping to have enough to buy 4 x Masterful 12% when they come out, add that to the 2 x 9% I might get to 100% mastery

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of curiosity, has Blizzard said what their reasoning is for making the rotation a mystery?

(Or, honestly, why there is a rotation at all? Most people are just going to wait for the right corruptions so it doesn't really seem to accomplish anything but arbitrarily delay when some people get their pieces based on the luck of rotation order.)

It's just a weird decision and I am not sure I really understand their thoughts behind doing it this way, particularly the obfuscation of the vendor schedule.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Out of curiosity, has Blizzard said what their reasoning is for making the rotation a mystery?

(Or, honestly, why there is a rotation at all? Most people are just going to wait for the right corruptions so it doesn't really seem to accomplish anything but arbitrarily delay when some people get their pieces based on the luck of rotation order.)

It's just a weird decision and I am not sure I really understand their thoughts behind doing it this way, particularly the obfuscation of the vendor schedule.
    Probably because having 52 things on a vendor would be "too complicated for new players" or something equally stupid. They didn't officially say anything, though.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Probably because having 52 things on a vendor would be "too complicated for new players" or something equally stupid. They didn't officially say anything, though.
    Well, they could have made 3 Trading-options then.
    T1 ; T2 ; T3
    This would clear up space and it would be easier to navigate.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a reasonable theory for why there is a rotation, because even for non-new players, it would be a little obnoxious to sort through since Blizzard's in-game filter system on vendors is pretty inadequate. I mean, I still think it would be worth it and they could make it work in other ways (maybe you have to ask for the specific one, maybe there are a couple vendors, maybe sorted by level, etc), but that at least makes sense as to their rationale.

But what is the reason for the rotation being unknown to begin with? I just can't fathom what they think the benefit is of having a bunch of people sitting around waiting for a mystery date to buy their chosen corruptions. Why not just release a set and/or predictible schedule for the rotation? It seems unnecessary and weird to purposely make it the way it is.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Something they could be doing too is once everything has cycled it will be re rolled as random again with some showing up sooner or later than expected
    "How you build your character is not a feature of a MMORPG, it is the feature. Everything else is secondary even the gameplay itself is secondary to building your character, its the kind of stuff you think about when you are at work or school and couldnt wait to go home to play WoW or Diablo 2. We have all done it." ~Into, 2016

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Imagine Blizzard pressing 'randomize' button every time cycle will end.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    But what is the reason for the rotation being unknown to begin with? I just can't fathom what they think the benefit is of having a bunch of people sitting around waiting for a mystery date to buy their chosen corruptions. Why not just release a set and/or predictible schedule for the rotation? It seems unnecessary and weird to purposely make it the way it is.
    It's probably to keep people coming back and checking in every 3.5 days on the vendor, if I had to guess.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Imagine being a new player that sees a vendor that sells different things every now and then, with ranks that aren't communicated well enough in the game itself. For example I am not new to the game and don't care about corruption stuff, but even i was like "ranks? what ranks? I see corruption on my gear but it doesn't say what rank it is"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    It's probably to keep people coming back and checking in every 3.5 days on the vendor, if I had to guess.
    I don't really see how that benefits them in any way. People aren't going to stay subbed to check an NPC every three days to buy a corruption to put on a character they aren't going to play.

The players who care the most about this kind of thing are probably already in that area at least a couple times a week for visions, purification, heart forge, etc. Those players are already subbed regardless.

And players that aren't subbed aren't going to give a fuck about any of this.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    There is always the "to keep ppl subbed and log in for the MAU" option. Which isn't too unreasonable, because if TD 3 would be up next week, I wouldn't have the 15k echoes, but I would have them the week after. But in the current system I would have to wait another 5 weeks.
    Yeah, I just find this really unlikely. Players on the verge of unsubbing aren't going to hang on an extra month to buy something they aren't going to use.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Imagine being a new player that sees a vendor that sells different things every now and then, with ranks that aren't communicated well enough in the game itself. For example I am not new to the game and don't care about corruption stuff, but even i was like "ranks? what ranks? I see corruption on my gear but it doesn't say what rank it is"
    Yep the way they have implemented corruptions and their lack of clarity is another big reason why its a failed system even if some people like it because it makes you op.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliminated View Post
    laughing at my guildies who bought a bunch of exp 2's and now crying about not being able to afford a bunch of severe 3's
    Kekw. Glad I held back. I’m betting they put Masterful 3 up last so the raid lasts at least a tad bit longer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Yeah I already think it's fucking dumb I have to use a third party addon to display the names/ranks for the actual corruptions in tooltips because for whatever reason Blizzard named all these things, and every one and every thing uses those selected names, but then doesn't show the names or ranks in the game by default. MAKES SENSE.

| twitch | bsky
    |