Police rape and torture a woman INSIDE a police station

Two policemen of the Kaharlyk police unit in Kyiv region were put into custody after a local woman pressed rape and assault charges against them, which also led to the disbanding of the entire unit by National Police leadership. On May 24, a woman, 26, reported to a hospital in Kaharlyk, stating that she had been beaten up and raped at a police station and that the policemen were involved. The investigation was immediately launched by the National Police's internal security department. Preliminary checks revealed evidence confirming the report filed by the woman who had earlier been brought to the Kaharlyk station to be interviewed in a theft case. Read alsoOSCE envoy expresses concern over police attack on hromadske journalist The policemen implicated in committing the crime have been put into custody. Further probe was entrusted to the State Bureau of Investigation, in line with jurisdiction. Chairman of the National Police, Ihor Klymenko, fired the two policemen, removed the Kaharlyk unit's chiefs, and decided to disband the entire unit, appointing snap qualification assessment of all personnel.
    https://www.unian.info/society/entir...-11010017.html

Fuller version in Ukrainian available here: https://www.volynnews.com/news/extre...iyi-kaharlyka/ but the tl;dr is that two cops lured a woman into a police station and took turns raping and torturing her over the course of several hours. Just shows that cops are the same in all countries. It's not just a few "bad apples". The entire apple tree is rotten from the inside out.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post

Fuller version in Ukrainian available here: https://www.volynnews.com/news/extre...iyi-kaharlyka/ but the tl;dr is that two cops lured a woman into a police station and took turns raping and torturing her over the course of several hours. Just shows that cops are the same in all countries. It's not just a few "bad apples". The entire apple tree is rotten from the inside out.
    What stands out to me there is that Ukraine actually took it seriously and are coming down with both feet on the entire unit. That's a pretty huge difference if you ask me.

What truly enrages people in the US is not that there are bad cops. That is going to happen, even the BEST system is going to make mistakes and someone is going to slip through the cracks and do something horrible. What is so infuriating though is that when it happens, the system defends it. Of course your system is going to be corrupt, if it's actively rewarding corruption within it!

ere: https://www.volynnews.com/news/extre...iyi-kaharlyka/ but the tl;dr is that two cops lured a woman into a police station and took turns raping and torturing her over the course of several hours. Just shows that cops are the same in all countries. It's not just a few "bad apples". The entire apple tree is rotten from the inside out.
    Can you prove it, that all are like that? I mean, you are asking to reform the entire world police force. There are millions of cops. Millions.
    By the same logic we can do that each time a doctor kills his patient.
    P.S.
    Human brain works the way that it accepts the negative more and ignores the positive. Basically, a case of couple guys being monsters makes you think all of them are, when that is so so far away from truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Can you prove it, that all are like that? I mean, you are asking to reform the entire world police force. There are millions of cops. Millions.
    By the same logic we can do that each time a doctor kills his patient.
    P.S.
    Human brain works the way that it accepts the negative more and ignores the positive. Basically, a case of couple guys being monsters makes you think all of them are, when that is so so far away from truth.
    No, that same logic can't be applied because doctors actually require far more training than police officers in practically any country. At least 4-6 years of study at a minimum to become a doctor, while a person can become a cop in as little as 6-8 months in the USA. Doctors actually can be held accountable when their mistakes kill people, malpractice lawsuits exist and they can cost you your medical license.

Meanwhile in the USA we regularly see police literally get away with murder, along with other lesser crimes. We have standards we expect out of doctors, but for some odd reason we don't hold police officers to a higher standard (and the police certainly don't give a shit about the law, they have a fraternity of bullshit that teaches them to protect other cops from consequences).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    No, that same logic can't be applied because doctors actually require far more training than police officers in practically any country. At least 4-6 years of study at a minimum to become a doctor, while a person can become a cop in as little as 6-8 months in the USA. Doctors actually can be held accountable when their mistakes kill people, malpractice lawsuits exist and they can cost you your medical license.

Meanwhile in the USA we regularly see police literally get away with murder, along with other lesser crimes. We have standards we expect out of doctors, but for some odd reason we don't hold police officers to a higher standard (and the police certainly don't give a shit about the law, they have a fraternity of bullshit that teaches them to protect other cops from consequences).
    A mother was begging for her child back because of abuse by her husband, an officer.

The judge was bias, ignored THE FACT THE SCHOOL REPORTED ABUSE and the child died due to abuse by the father, a cop.

It also shows that other countries take this more seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    And that's how you hold mother fuckers accountable.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

He was talking about the whole world, "all countries".
    I know for a fact that USA's "cop in 6 weeks" does not really apply to all countries, far from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    He was talking about the whole world, "all countries".
    I know for a fact that USA's "cop in 6 weeks" does not really apply to all countries, far from it.
    But unfortunately for the Ukraine, it does appear to be one of the countries where we provide US training to their police.
    https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/grants/201357.pdf

I wouldn't be surprised if we were training them to mimic our own bad practices in the process.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account

Abuse of power happens everywhere, but it is not the same everywhere. In Belgium there's a branch called "commitee P" what is there to investigate misconduct and they don't favour the police their side, their goal is obtain the truth and enforce the law not to be a corrupt union to protect their own.

They are also independent.

It actually shows how bad the situation in the US is that you have to use a nation fallen into a civil war to justify the actions of the US police, that means the US has lower standards than the rest of the western world. Something to think about.

ps: would not want to be those guys, being ex police and going in jail under rape charges. They'll get real intimate with the concept of rape in eastern european prisons.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Give a example. Any cases that I am aware of, where it is clear a murder was committed by the police, the cop was arrested and sentenced to prison. Keep in mind, manslaughter is not murder. If such a case does exist, it is very rare and is subjective based on other circumstances. Esp if you consider the number of cases of police interaction with the public.

We do not regularly see the police literally get away with murder in the US.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Give a example. Any cases that I am aware of, where it is clear a murder was committed by the police, the cop was arrested and sentenced to prison. Keep in mind, manslaughter is not murder. If such a case does exist, it is very rare and is subjective based on other circumstances. Esp if you consider the number of cases of police interaction with the public.

An example? How about another "I can't breathe" case. Eric Garner.

Some of the more recent updates on the specifics of what the end result of that case wound up being. https://www.npr.org/2019/08/02/74771...hould-be-fired

Though my phrasing my have been a little too non-specific. There is a whole host of crimes they get away with on a frequent basis, I should've been more clear and split my statement into two sentences to more clearly convey that.
    Last edited by TEHPALLYTANK; 2020-06-01 at 07:48 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post

You don't know how many civilians are killed by the police because no one keeps track of those numbers, if that doesn't sound alarming to you then nothing will.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

pick a country. any country
    there will be good and bad cops there (except you awkward buggers who deliberately picked a country without a police force. yes you're very clever, now play along). the important thing is whether the bad are allowed to get away with it. worst of all is that in some places we would never even hear that the incident had happened

The police suffers from the fundamental contradiction as democracy: people who seek power aren't generally the people that it should be given to.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis