Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Personally I do not like 8.3 that much and m+ grinding has become stale , need a fresh start also because I want to switch main. On a fresh xpac getting raid ready is not much of a struggle tbh , catching up to everyone else in 8.3 was hell between essences cape and corruptions.

I will agree that leveling up is boring and I wish they just capped levels and just added quests for flavor , have meaningful storylines to follow instead of spamming fetch and kill quests for mr nobodies around the continent to meet the xp quota for the next max level , that is an aspect that wow needs to change.

Also final note : I definitely hate the state of current pvp , it's such a mess that classic pvp just seems a superior gameplay in comparison
    Last edited by valax; 2020-06-01 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Musta View Post
    I didnt want Legion to end but here we are.
    so true...
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    So I know that often my opinions are the same with other users on mmo-c, we are afterall a bunch of nerds having played the game since classic...so yea, often we agree on same things, despite what some threads might tell otherwise

But I know 1 thing that people don't agree with me; I don't like expansion resets. I honestly haven't liked an expansion reset since probably cata.

So I wanna start with saying that BFA, just like most instances had issues - I main a feral, so you don't haft to tell me how bad feral druid was on launch, or how average guardian druid still is, but as all other expansion, the problems gets ironed out over time, and suddenly even a turd can become OK.
    So now that BFA is finally good we just do it all over again, 100% getting the same result as every other expansion...Shit is bad, then later its better.

On top of that, now that we finally have last patch of expansion we got our army of alts lvl'd up, some gear, and "the routine" of say lock out farms, gold farming be it AH or whatever you do, it all just flows...You can chip away at it now, you don't haft to endure shitty new grinds, thats just there to increase MAU.

On top of that, your main is a gut damn gut-slayer, with unfathomable power. Our gear level has never been more insane than it is now with corruption gear- And its fun...tbh. I just got my BIS corruption (I think...) sorted out now with help from the new mother stuff, and now in few months all this fun, all this time to catch up on other grinds in wow, its all gone, to repeat the same shitty build-up, that leads to the same conclusion as BFA is now.

Maybe I'm just getting tired of wow, but I honestly wouldn't mind never having to level or gear my druid up more. Now everything just flows...He'll, if I get bored of any of the number of grinds I could try and catch up to that I still need to do, I can do that...but no, BFA ends soon so I haft to hurry to focus on content that might get removed or what do I know...

Honestly I have 0 faith in Blizzard to make any expansion worthwhile compared to just never having to lvl my gut damn alts (This freaking expansion I even blew was it...2 million gold to boost them in freehold 110-120...zzz), gear up with a new broken class/system that only gets good 5-8 months before a new turd drops that needs to be polished up...

TLDR; Blizzard makes a new turd, just to make that turd polished to what we have now, and repeat. At least BFA now works, and we can have some fun and time to catch up with stuff in wow...At times I wish a new expansion would never come to wow again, just big major patches only.

Nah, It will not be missed

Quote Originally Posted by djuntas View Post
    so now that bfa is finally good
    oookay dood

I think what he is saying is that people finally earned all of the temporary power systems with this final patch, but now with Shadowlands everything will be reset and he will have to start all over again with a weaker character. I just want BFA over with so I can try the game again.

Why should I bother playing again when it will take like 2 months to catch up on systems to even be able to actually play the game, when all those systems I will be grinding out will just be deleted when Sahdowlands launches?
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2020-06-01 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    Unfortunately BFA will come to an end - I think it was better than WoD for sure, but it for damn well isn't better than Legion in any way except PVP (PVP this xpac is better for sure)
    You mean apart from the entire patch of people getting oneshot by rng corruptions right?

I kinda get your feeling because I often agree. Expansion releases and patch releases is usually the least enjoyable for me because of multiple reasons. Many people fighting over same enemies/items for quests, everything (player power, class/spec power) has been kicked in the face and is down at the bottom of a pit and you're constantly falling behind with daily grinds (reputation, dailies, gear, pots, flasks, gold whatever else) and you always play the game of 'things i WANT to do' vs 'things i HAVE to do' where the latter one takes prio.

Compare to some time into the patch when you got the grinds mostly done and it's smooth sailing, you get to play alts and enjoy those too. Nah end of expansion is usually the best time (with some exceptions like Dragon Soul) because you get to play the game on chill mode and thats when it's the most fun IMO.

Why do people enjoy these shareholder expansions? I don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    "Soft resets" are necessary to get people back into the game. I won't be playing again until SL because I hated BFA, just like I hated Legion, etc.

WTF are you going to do on a char that you never have to level or gear up again. That sounds dreadfully boring never having anything to look forward too and just grinding the same dailies over and over and accumulating a mass of gold for *no reason* because you'll eventually not have anything to work for.
    If you hated Legion and BfA, chances are you're going to hate SL

Quote Originally Posted by trapmaster View Post
    Nah, It will not be missed
    Not what im saying, I wont miss BFA either, but neither will I miss Legion, WOD or WOTLK...Actually, only end-of exspansion period I really hated was cata, it sucked ass, so I quit wow for like...4-6? months then.

But what I will miss is just having done all the stupid BS that every exspansion gives us, and now I finally have done the grinding so I can catch up with other stuff in wow, with now very OP gear and all that...
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Yeah, WoW doesn't do expansions. They release replacement games to make the prior iteration obsolete. I'm a collector so I still go back and try to gather items from old content, but I understand why the whole reset strategy Blizzard employs wears thin for a lot of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    If you hated Legion and BfA, chances are you're going to hate SL
    Oh I know, they've learned nothing. More borrowed skills, another AP system (yes covenant shit is earned by grinding a renamed AP, no matter how hard Ion or fanboys try to claim it isnt), etc.
    Last edited by Alcsaar; 2020-06-01 at 10:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going to steal your signature because I too miss Legion

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Why do people enjoy these shareholder expansions? I don't understand.
    People have different tastes than you?
    Last edited by Nachturnal; 2020-06-01 at 10:17 PM.

Same here.

But I do want BfA to be over asap. Then again I don't want them to do another BfA so I gladly wait for Shadowlands to be ready.

Well that's your opinion, as for me i'll stay on classic as bfa gives me a very good reason to not touch current wow with a crane lead alone a 10 ft pole. The experience in end game is just not worth the misery compared to other versions of WoW.

I didnt want my teenage years to end but here I am, reminiscing for almost 20 years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    So now that BFA is finally good we just do it all over again, 100% getting the same result as every other expansion...Shit is bad, then later its better.

Honestly I have 0 faith in Blizzard to make any expansion worthwhile compared to just never having to lvl my gut damn alts (This freaking expansion I even blew was it...2 million gold to boost them in freehold 110-120...zzz), gear up with a new broken class/system that only gets good 5-8 months before a new turd drops that needs to be polished up...
    Yeah. You know Shadowlands is going to be exactly the same. The corruption vendor proves they haven't changed at all.

Covenants will be an extremely sore point all expansion long only to be "fixed" in 9.3.5 to rapturous applause from fanboys and shills.

If at this point you haven't realized they do it on purpose then I don't know what to tell you.

That being said..... How can you not want BfA to end. Worst expansion ever made.

I didn't want Legion to end but it was because I was making absurd amounts of gold with the mission table.

BFA can't end soon enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    I like wow atm. SL will continue with that train.