Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Armor View Post
    Void Elves are finally able to become high elves, elves also have a connection to light, like Paladins
    -> void elf paladin needs to happen if and dark iron paladins are a thing already

Zandalari need to be warlocks and the scales are evened out.
    Dark Iron Paladins existed since vanilla. Becmonig Paladin would destroy a Void Elf. Zandalari can't be warlock for only one reason: Blizzard doesn't want any race to have access to all non heroic classes.

Any kind of lore restrictions go out of the window when the game is a MMORPG.

I mean, would Stormwind permit warlocks and DK's wandering openly on streets? No, they wouldn't. Warlocks in stormwind have class trainers located in some damp basement, hiding from the general public. You just don't get to walk among townsfolk with a freaking demon following you. It's stupid and very dangerous. Same with DK's that have their undead friends following them. Imagine the smell.

Give Void Elf paladins a class skin to change them into Void Knights, and give Zandalari warlocks a Bwonsamdi skin to change them into necromancers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tideku View Post
    Void Elves as a whole don't really make sense to me. They were so willing to study and use the Void that they abandoned their faction, but immediately after they gain the power of the void they lose interest and become rogues, hunters, and warriors? Its great class/race lore for a Shadow Priest but that one mage who are spooked after turning purple definitely seems like a guy i don't want as my support.
    I mean it's plausible that said warriors and hunters partake to begin with, and definitely rogues seeking extra juice from the Void. Only Paladins specifically really make no sense there, because they are devoted to the Holy Light, so it would make 0 sense for them to research the Void for power which what Umbric's group was about.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Good thing our characters aren't canon then.
    The player character is canon. This is not Overwtach where the main game is non-canon.

You can't be what doesn't exist.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    demoniac are more like demon hunters
    Even if that's true, that's still Fel Magic.

Blizzard directly contradicted themselves, they're idiots, give us Zandalari Warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I mean it's plausible that said warriors and hunters partake to begin with, and definitely rogues seeking extra juice from the Void. Only Paladins specifically really make no sense there, because they are devoted to the Holy Light, so it would make 0 sense for them to research the Void for power which what Umbric's group was about.
    Plausible? Yes. Reflected in the game? No. Voidelf hunters have the same abilities as other hunters, same for all other classes. And the same can be true for paladins (especially retribution paladins). Since we learned in Legion, that light does not equal good and void does not equal evil, a paladin that uses void powers for good would not be too farfetched. A voidelf paladin would not devote themself to the light, but to the good.
    The whole void thing has "The end justifies the means" written all over it. And for some paladins the void could replace the light as a source of their powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Now for Zandalari, just say they're Bwonsamdi worshippers who consume souls for power/are Necromancers. In fact, they technically already exist: Demoniacs!
    demoniacs are closer to demon hunters than warlocks, because they infuse themselves with demons

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Ah yes, yet another person who can't separate game mechanics and actual lore.

Void Elf and Lightforged priests are absolutely a thing in lore, it's just that in lore unlike ingame you don't have specs, so said priests are Void and Light respectively there.

Since Blizzard can't just give you 1/3 of a priest as an option in character creation - you end up with Holy Priest Void Elves and Shadow Priest Lightforged. Basically, that's life and Blizzard always said that gameplay comes first.
    If Blizz says gameplay comes first, why are you bothering people with lore excuses?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    The player character is canon. This is not Overwtach where the main game is non-canon.

You can't be what doesn't exist.
    You are a nameless champion and i don't think you are even the canon leader of any class order. That is the same as not being canon. You can be any class and any race combo. It doesn't matter. It will not change anything, cause there are no real details about who you are as a champion, as long as you are in a horde or alliance race.

You can totally be anything as long as the race belongs to the right faction.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-06-07 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    so discipline priests cant touch themselves?
    chaneling magic is not the same as being infused with magic, disc priests channel both holy and shadow magic, warlocks channel fel magic

hence why void elves cant be demon hunters but they can be warlocks, because when void and fel combine they become unstable (look at xulhorac, who in phase 4 when he infuses himself with both forms of magic, starts to implode)

I'd much rather worgen shamans. And druids to be able to use pack form. Or at least be able to use the worgen form as feral.
    People should be happy void elves got anything doubt other allied races will get anything.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    There should be no race/class restrictions in this game. END THE MADNESS.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor View Post
    Void Elves are finally able to become high elves, elves also have a connection to light, like Paladins
    -> void elf paladin needs to happen if and dark iron paladins are a thing already

Zandalari need to be warlocks and the scales are evened out.
    So, what about a Dark Iron Dwarf should prevent them from being paladins, the fact that "Dark" is in their name? They are no darker, figuratively speaking than any other dwarf. They are from a caste of dwarves that spend much of their time in Blackrock Mountain, and were, at one point, enemies of the Alliance Dwarves, but we're talking about the same principle as to why Defias Brotherhood is against the Kingdom of Stormwind. It isn't because they are all mustache twirling villains. They got shafted by the Kingdom.

I know there is really no way to put the toothpaste back in the tube, here, but back when I first learned that undead could be priests, my initial reacion was.... "so let me get this straight... An undead, former member of the Scourge, can be a Holy Priest.... and not end up getting roasted by their own spells? What imbecile thought that shit up?!!?" It seems to me, one way to skirt this problem was to make Holy something that an undead was barred from. Sure, it would mean, potentially fewer priests, but, then, assume for a moment that, with undead unable to be holy priests, they would make better than average disc priests, and super deadly shadow priests?!!? A way to round it out, so to say. And to be perfectly honest, the same should apply to Void Elves. But then, I said the same thing about gnome and goblin warriors. Neither should be able to be Arms warriors, and the Fury warriors should have Titan's Grip locked away, meaning only single minded fury. I know that will piss off those who think it is just the funniest shit that a humanoid with a bigger head than a body, stubbly arms, and only standing less than 4 feet tall using a pair of 2-handed swords might look awesome to you, but in reality, a demihuman the size of a gnome or goblin would not be able to use one such armament with any kind of luck, much less 2.

So, no. Void elves should not have access to paladins over the idea that they can be skinned to be high elves. As for Zandalari Trolls, if they were able to be warlocks, that would mean they could be EVERY normal class, and one of 2 hero classes. Like, why even be the other sort of troll?!!? And it isn't bad enough that prior to the existence of Allied races, the horde had access to the only race that could be every healer, now it has 2. Meanwhile, the Alliance has ZERO that can be all healer classes.

And it isn't bad enough, when people go on about Demon hunters, and how, now that Legion is over, other beings should be able to be Demon hunters. One of the first I heard mentioned for the Horde, was the Zandalari Troll. Seriously, just jizz all over the Zandalari Troll and be done with it already, my god. Making a paladin troll was a bad move. It's like an orc mage. Why should those exist? In order to be a mage takes a certain type of mental discipline. Orcs lacked that aptitude and can't be priests, but CAN be mages?!!? That's just bad comedy. And as with the Draenei, they aren't warlocks. Well, the Eredar, of whom are as kindred to Draenei as Night elves and Nightborne are, not only could be warlocks, but some were warlocks without peer, like Thal'kiel before his head came off his shoulders. It isn't so much that a Draenei can't be a warlock, it's more that they refuse to be a warlock.

I'm not afraid to say, this game should have spent a little more time thinking about this from a lore perspective, and less off a balance perspective. And even with that balance perspective in mind, they still fucked up, in favor of the Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Bad analogy. I would say an undead holy priest, but apparently, Blizzard was ok with that. And to those Blizzard developers that say "When a Forsaken priest casts a holy spell, it causes them some degree of torment and pain." I'll bet. But if psychology has taught us anything, if you keep people in pain and agony long enough, it twists their minds to the point they no longer want to endure the torture and torment. That is why Undead (and hell, I'll take it a step further, void elves) should be barred from being holy priests, and should take damage every time they cast a holy spell in the discipline spec.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyr78 View Post
    Dark Iron Paladins existed since vanilla. Becmonig Paladin would destroy a Void Elf. Zandalari can't be warlock for only one reason: Blizzard doesn't want any race to have access to all non heroic classes.
    This guy gets it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elderwolf View Post
    I'd much rather worgen shamans. And druids to be able to use pack form. Or at least be able to use the worgen form as feral.
    People should be happy void elves got anything doubt other allied races will get anything.
    I could go for this. And Night Elf Paladins. We already saw Delas Moonfang become a paladin, so it is possible. And Draenei rogues. The Rangari is full of them.
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

The zandalari warlock works. The void elves, not so much. But it wouldn't be the first time Blizzard shit all over the rules they established themselves. We have holy undead and a burning ice guy. Why not some shadow using light powers. Who would give a shit by this point anyway?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by valky94 View Post
    hence why void elves cant be demon hunters but they can be warlocks, because when void and fel combine they become unstable (look at xulhorac, who in phase 4 when he infuses himself with both forms of magic, starts to implode)
    There's nothing in the lore indicating that a Void-infused individual receiving a Fel infusion would implode or explode or whatever.

Xul'horac is absolutely not an example because he was overloaded on purpose by Gul'dan, to destabilize him and make it possible to create space-time portals for the Burning Legion.

We don't know if a simple "load" of fel instead of the overload would've made him unstable.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cronovey View Post
    While I definitely agree that the Zandalari should have warlocks, monks for them is actually relatively okay I'd say considering their history with the Mogu and Pandaria as a whole; it wouldn't surprise me if there were random Zandalari trolls stranded there after Lei Shen's first defeat that learned from the Pandaren there after they struck down the Mogu.

This one actually has a relatively okay lore reasoning.

I don't see the Zandalari, proud as they are, accepting monk teachings after being defeated during the war. I could be wrong sure, but it seems kind of a stretch
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Thats different and falls under the same reason undead can be priests. Priests merely channel the forces of light and void whereas paladins literally have to take the light into themselves and make it a part of their being. Since void elves are creatures of the void taking the light into themselves would utterly destroy them.

Why is it so hard to imagine a warrior of the void?
    Ingame they would be called paladins, but they are rift-warriors.
    Just like sunwalker tauren and blood-knight paladin.

Slap on a purple hue and voila!
    Become a etheral/void being during blessing of kings and just swap some names

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    If Blizz says gameplay comes first, why are you bothering people with lore excuses?
    Because some insight is a good thing to have. Blizzard is still not at the stage to give all classes to all races, so there is lore reason for sure to why a specific class is simply not a thing for a specific race right now and that reason is solid in case of Void Elf Paladins.

On the other hand, when it comes to priests - it's a case where Void Elf priests are valid in lore and them still being able to be Holy is simply a case of them having that spec - i.e. game mechanics.

I don't think it's a hard concept really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Plausible? Yes. Reflected in the game? No. Voidelf hunters have the same abilities as other hunters, same for all other classes. And the same can be true for paladins (especially retribution paladins). Since we learned in Legion, that light does not equal good and void does not equal evil, a paladin that uses void powers for good would not be too farfetched. A voidelf paladin would not devote themself to the light, but to the good.
    The whole void thing has "The end justifies the means" written all over it. And for some paladins the void could replace the light as a source of their powers.
    First of all, I am sorry but Paladins - those Holy Light junkies using Void? That's sacrilege really (insert raging Imperius gif here). At most one could stretch it to "well there were some paladins that decided to study Void to better know their mortal enemy", but that's about it and it's a massive stretch considering the aim of Umbric's group which was basically harnessing the Void to use it for the glory of Belves to begin with. Like, maybe you could say that a bunch of paladins decided to join just to protect their fellow brethren from the void if it would pop and got caught in the blast. That's as far as it goes imo.

Secondly - void powers are reflected in game with your racials. Naturally if we'd go lore pure and what actually is going on - I bet said hunters and warriors can do more than just become emo+ shade once per minute and have blink-lite, after all we seen in BFA intro how whole bunch of Velves just ported in full Protoss style into the Undercity.

It's just that game mechanics can go so far there, because balance is a thing and they aren't really going to reskin abilities for however many classes Velves can use to make them more voidy and such.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2020-06-07 at 05:52 PM.