Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post

Tyrande and Shandris came from Suramar. Malfurion and Illidan were born elsewhere and grew up in Suramar. Yet I haven't seen any of them say that they want to move back there. There's certainly nostalgia, but I don't consider places I grew up as "home" anymore after moving away for two decades, let alone ten thousand years. Their home is Kalimdor. That's the land that they went to war to reclaim. That's the land they spent ten thousand years defending. While I could understand the argument you present if the society had an interest in living in Suramar, we haven't seen that in game. They may not have a capital city anymore, but they definitely still have a land they call home, and Suramar isn't in it.
    You forget Maiev and Jarod, and forget that most of the armies that marched on Zin'Azshari come from Suramar, the Moonguard that led that army, the sentinels and priests, they are mostly from the city and surrounding regions.

No we haven't seen an interest presented in game. Sadly the game doesn't come close to giving enough detail to say that "because we don't see it being mentioned" such an interest isn't there, we left personify and imagine many of the situations and guess many things if we're interested.

I'd say this though, you're homeless, but your original city you fought a war to defend is back and available, would you say no to it? The ngiht elves loved their civilization, they loved their empire. They didn't like the attitude of the Highborne or the abuse of their precious magic (which they loved very much - hence why they hated those who were callous haughty and reckless with it) - it stands to reason they still love their original home and I wouldn't be surprised if there is desire to return.

Why would you hate Suramar? If London was fully of crime and corruption - I would say I hate it, but what I actually hate is the people committing crime and corruption and the system that empowers it. Not the buildings and streets and beautiful gardens and homes. If it was shoddily built, always falling apart, hurting the environment, or just nothing works and altogether trash heap, then it's the actual city I hate, not the people, the physical place itself.

Which do you think the Night elves who left to fight that war feel?

That would be an interesting story development, for sure! That's a far cry from "You don't deserve Suramar, so we're living here now." It also doesn't quite mesh with Tyrande's sentiments in Legion, her suspicion of the Nightborne, and her decision to not unify their people. Furthermore, it seems Thalyssra considers the kaldorei arrogant (which somewhat amuses me given her close ties with the sin'dorei), so we'll see if anything like that ever comes about.
    It could go several ways acn't it. Tbh, I like this approach the most, why? Because I want to like the Nightborne, because I like Night elves, I want the night elves restored - so I want their beautiful cities, temples and forests all going good, and ffel proud about it(even though id din't design it or write it, I just role play one - football team fans syndrome)

However we allk now that there are several ways, and blizz often do the war thing, dividing the race producing conflict. For a change i'd like some race in the opposite faction to get on well with a race in my faction. Nightborne and Night elves could be it. Nightborne of all the horde races have committed the least grievances as a race (don't know about individuals - but so far the Nightborne as a race haven't been involved in fighting the night elves) not to mention they have so much commanlity and history and age, they are perfect for showing themselves bigger than the faction conflict and rising above it, and being like parents to the younger races - being the exception that shows faction corpoeration can happen but unique enough that it isn't a common thing - who else really shares a shared bond far greater than the conflict recent sins have committed but are in different factions and are not in the faction because they hate the opposite faction? The Nightborne are the only ones in the horde that fits, and the Night elves are the ones they can most strongly connect.

However the Nightborne should extend the hand. They need to do this, to me this would show they are actually quite decent, I despite being on the horde, they recognise they owe the night elves and hate the treatment of the kaldorei. They may be friendly with the blood elves, but they are not the blood elves, they don't have to agree or like everything the blood elves like or take every position they do. They are far older, and should be leading, putting their foot back and saying "ENOUGH" this is wrong, you can either join us, or stand aside, but we're doing this, don't get in our way, this is the right thing to do.

I'd really respect them for that, showing me they have backbone, they genuinely care about what's right, and are not afraid to call out their allies for their b/s.

So far Thalyssra has been quiet an whimpish, if they turned her around or used other Nightborne like lyl'eth Lunastre, Thaedris Feathersong, Valtrois etc, then I'd respect them.

Why would they build in a style over ten-thousand years old that they've shown no interest in more recently? Darnassus was built approximately eleven years ago (after the events of TFT). Architecture is a result of culture, and as such, cities are an expression of the culture that build them. Where are the moonwells in Suramar City? Where are the Ancients? These are elements of Alliance night elf culture that we continue to see expressed in their society today, and a night elf city without those elements would not feel night elf.
    The question instead you should be asking is WHY WOULDN'T they?? Darnassus, built 20-16 years ago, has architecture all from the pre-sundering era cities, the temple of Elune is one of the smaller temple models common, the style of the Warrior building and the gazeebos are all pre-sundering style.

The rural buildings - take the rural building in Auberdine, that's the way they built rural lodges in the pre-sundering era, the lodge in winterspring has been there from before the sundering.

If you look at the night elf lore, they didn't real build anything during the long vigil. The Shen'drlaar built nothing, the NIght elves in Suramar built nothing, the ones in the Long vigil, basically left everything in ruins, the VILLAGE of nighthaven was the seat of government of the priesthood, and we don't even know if that was built during the long vigil or was a pre-sundering one. Let's say it was, but that was about it. Building and advancing life was not what the various night elven groups in the post sundering world were busy with. The Long Vigil group were all about preventing the return of the Legion, watching out for i.e. Vigil and guarding against - this is what vigil means. The druids of that group were with dragons and Cenarions sleeping for thosuands of years in caves (elegantly decorated as you can see in Val'Sharah, but caves none-theless where they spent most of their time guiding the evolution of the world via the dream with the Green Dragonflight, when awake they were patrolling nature, restoring it, and working with the Cenarions on stonetalon mountain suppressing the use of arcane magic so it's signature wouldn't leak into the twisting nether.

The night elven people, led by the priesthood, were mostly hunters, they guarded the borders, patrolled often, they are the ones that would kill any sentient being coming to the Ashenvale border to ensure no one would discover the Well, especially if they were a legion agent or just a sentient who could develop magical abilities and then repeat the same mistake the Night elves did, so they guarded it, constantly patrolling. For that group it wasn't life as normal, it certainly wasn't building cities and towns, having trade, economy, progress, infrastructure, academia theory, development etc etc - it was MILITARY duty - they basically were a militarised faction.

THe ones living lives were the ones in Suramar and Eldre'thalas, life continiues, the former ina bubble were unable to expand or anything but they continued their lives and customs, the ones in Eldre'thalas did the same thing, but alas, the way they powered their city would come to bit them in the end, causing them to begin to decline as the net power gain from Immol'thar turned to a net power loss, and the prince, under the dark cloud of demonic corruption, maddened enough to start offing his people to keep the balance a net gain, this decline begins about 1,000 years ago, and deteriorates to the point we see in classic, where the Shen'dralar are furiously trying to contain Imolthar, thezealots are in thelibraries obsessed with knowledge and study, and the prince is just lounging there.

Well the horde kill him (I think) and the Shen'dralar have to flee the city, they spend 6 years in the forests of Feralas, gaining their sanity and weaning themselves of addiction, in their right mind, they resist overtures from Queen Azsahra and decide on discovering deathwing'splan (cos they scry on everything) that they could be of mutual benefit to the Kaldorei of Darnassus. So they approach them, and as Mordant states, 10,000 years is enough time to grieve, time to move on, we need each other.

So no buildings. naturally when they start building again, guess what it is in the style they know how … this is Night elf architecture, blizzard has a set for each race. Suramar, Zin'Azshari, Darnassus, Nar'thalas, the Temples of ELune, the CoEN, Eldre'thalas, Meredil, Tel'anor, Shal'anar, Astranaar, Lor'danel, Auberdine, Mathystra, Bashal'ran, Ameth'aran, Sargeron, - these are ALL NIGHT ELVEN all of them, this is the style they have. The template was updated in Legion (blizzard do this btw, when they do new expansion and stuff - notice the orc and draenei architecture models were updated in WoD - this isn't a new style, it simply means the architecture in TBC (for Draenei) and classic (for Night elves) is replaced by the new ones in WoD (for draenei) and legion (for Night elves)..

I think the idea overall is an interesting one, but not for the direction that WoW took post-Nighthold. The Alliance night elves have shown no interest in occupying Suramar City or reconciling with the Nightborne. I think it would be cool to have a Suramar City update and have some night elves choose to visit it, just like we have some blood elves periodically visiting Stormwind City. I just don't see Suramar City as a cultural center for Alliance night elf society.
    Ah, but after following this product for 16 years (sheesh, I could almost have a kid 16 years old, cos puberty was already a few years into when I started wow), I've known directions change a lot. Nightborne going horde is not like blood elves were in TBc, Nightborne are not a core race, they are not some new symbol of the horde's right to a race, nor some permanent horde fixture. You must realise that anything can happen. THe only thing you can guarantee is that Nightborne would still be playlable on the horde. you cannot guarantee that Suramar would remain horde, you cannot guarantee that all Nightborne would remain horde, you cannot guarantee that another night elven arcane group like the Highborne wouldn't be a major equal force in the night elves or be an allied race. What if the naga return to a pseudo elven force and ally with the Night elves, working hard with the Highborne and Illidari as the race is on a warpath or some other motivation.?

What if Nightborne do decide some of us prefer the alliance, and we don't care what the blood elves thinking, we determine our destiny, is that beyond blizzard to write? No. What if horde and alliance like they are don't matter as much in the lore, and while players still pick them many races now consider themselves something else or just an affiliate because the old "core membership" goes?

Did not the old horde change ones, and the old alliance of Lordaeron? One thing is certain, change will come. I can only talk about how I see things, what my opinion is on the events in the lore and what I would like to see. It is not for me to say, this wouldn't happen or would because I don't develop this game.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    Darnassian - Some of the Shen'drelar (Prince Tortheldrin doesn't seem to be involved) and an unknown number of Darnassian students.
    Tortheldrin was killed by the horde years ago, what joined the night elf society was pretty much what was left after the horde drove them out.

Shen'drelar (greater number in Eldre'thalas) - If they want to pull as many numbers of arcane-using highborne out of here, I'm fine with that. It can be their endless source of arcane night elves. As it stands, most of them seem to just be hanging out as they always have, uninterested in the outside world aside from reading about it.
    The shen'dralar were driven from the city during classic and much of their library was destroyed in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    The night elves and the nightborn have been seperated for 12k years and developed different cultures. The night elves left Suramar, so what claim do they have to the city after such a long time again? None? Correct.
    Firstly 12k years? no, only 10k years, because Elisande, very much a night elf sealed off the city.

Some night elves left, soldiers to fight a war. I hope you don't get into a war and have to leave home. Win the war against all odds, many of your friends you see die, and it's over you look for your home, but it's all locked up behind some weird thing you can't get in.

So you saying that you have no claim to you home because you left for war? Right..

Now lets say yunable to do antyhign you build anew homes and live elsewhere, but then eventually you find out your original home has returned, and now the new home you built is destroyed - where you gonna go? Or are you telling me you feel you have no right to go back to where you first came from.

I hope you don't yell at blacks and jews in your country to "go home". While coming on here and saying people who leave home have no right to return.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    you need to be more precise in this topic where we are taking a closer look. You can't say night elves … and expect me only to mind read you mean Darnassian night elves or long vigil night elves only and at that only mean state of society rather than individual.
    It seems like you're saying 'be more precise' because you want to ignore the point.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Tortheldrin was killed by the horde years ago, what joined the night elf society was pretty much what was left after the horde drove them out.

The shen'dralar were driven from the city during classic and much of their library was destroyed in the process.
    Ah, I thought they were still around because paladins talk to him in Legion for the Corrupted Ashbringer appearance, but I suppose that could be considered non-canon. If that's the case, then seems like there are even fewer arcane-liking night elves around than I thought.

You mean nightelves, the xenophobic/sexist/fascist race?

1- Night Elves shunned male Sentinels/Priests and female Druids. For 10,000 years women didn't learn Druidism. God knows how many Night Elf females missed out on something they may have been good at, and how many men had to craft arrows and sell tacos instead of wielding a bow and leading troops, or being a Priest of Elune.

2- Night Elves were used to ruling Kalimdor and in their arrogance never made attempts at allying other races. Tauren needed help. Satyrs where just hunted. Furborgs where almost slaves. And yet when the Humans and Orcs came to Kalimdor, what did they do? They attacked them both.

3- Night Elves banned Arcane magic. For 10,000 years their society shunned the Arcane to the point that Highborne using it were exiled. EXILED from their homeland and race, JUST LIKE NIGHT ELVES CRY ABOUT.

There, your race sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Josyel View Post

1- Night Elves shunned male Sentinels/Priests and female Druids. For 10,000 years women didn't learn Druidism. God knows how many Night Elf females missed out on something they may have been good at, and how many men had to craft arrows and sell tacos instead of wielding a bow and leading troops, or being a Priest of Elune.
    I don't recall them being "shunned," just less prevalent. Is it possible that for a long time, they just felt they were called to different things? Without Azshara, perhaps the focus of the people looked to Tyrande as the societal female role model, and the same was true for Malfurion for the men, which could've resulted in the majority of each group pursuing those two different callings?

The reason the sentinels were largely female was because most of the men being druids meant they were asleep, so the women constituted the majority of their military. We can see it wasn't sexism that caused this because during the War of the Ancients, plenty of men served in a military capacity.
    Last edited by Koryn123; 2020-06-06 at 04:48 PM.

2- Night Elves were used to ruling Kalimdor and in their arrogance never made attempts at allying other races. Tauren needed help. Satyrs where just hunted. Furborgs where almost slaves. And yet when the Humans and Orcs came to Kalimdor, what did they do? They attacked them both.

3- Night Elves banned Arcane magic. For 10,000 years their society shunned the Arcane to the point that Highborne using it were exiled. EXILED from their homeland and race, JUST LIKE NIGHT ELVES CRY ABOUT.

There, your race sucks.
    It was gender segregation in specific arts, that had always been a thing among-st the low-borne night elves.

Most ancient night elf guardians (as per the Tomb of Sargeras) were male and most female night elves, were (and still are), priestesses and huntresses.
    During the Highborne Empire, the main craft was wielding arcane magic and both men and women were capable of doing so and this sort of life carried on into High Elf society and carried on, in Nightborne society.

It was only in Naga society did things change, as female Naga were seen to carry more intelligence and remained being magically gifted; however they were physically weaker, whereas male Naga were swordsman and fighters (on the whole, except from the Naga Battlemaiden in Vashj'ir), but lost the intellect to weave spells, as they did when they were Kaldorei.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    The night elves and the nightborn have been seperated for 12k years and developed different cultures. The night elves left Suramar, so what claim do they have to the city after such a long time again? None? Correct.
    I was trying to explain this..
    This is the only correct information.

It doesnt mstter hoe much you whine about suramar.. that ship has sailed and like he said.. 12k years and now the night elves claim they have any word in saying its their?

Its getting pethatic.

Its a horde city now.. Legion happend. Next best thing is Hyjal, try it there please.. but now for the love of god.. leave nightborne and suramar alone. They made their choice and there is no room to share them with complete strangers( thats what nigjt elves are to the city now) afther 12 k years and think you can claim this city like its yours is crazy.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-06-06 at 05:02 PM.

The reason the sentinels were largely female was because most of the men being druids meant they were asleep, so the women constituted the majority of their military. We can see it wasn't sexism that caused this because during the War of the Ancients, plenty of men served in a military capacity.
    From what I understand, the Sentinels are the military wing of the Priesthood of Elune, and the priesthood only allowed female members. The Wardens are also a wing of the priesthood and, at a glance, they seem to be all elements of the judiciary.

...It looks like a fascist theocracy.
    Last edited by LilSaihah; 2020-06-06 at 05:05 PM.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    I was trying to explain this..
    This is the only correct information.

It doesnt mstter hoe much you whine about suramar.. that ship has sailed and like he said.. 12k years and now the night elves claim they have any word in saying its their?

Its getting pethatic.
    Well it is 10k years of separation, but the point still remains and I'm in full agreement with what you say.
    The Night Elves of Northern Kalimdor have lost their claims to the city. Claim Hyjal, is my suggestion - they stand better chances of that.

I think it'd be interesting to develop the arcane side of the Darnassian faction further, but I think it's silly to pretend it's already there and a huge part of night elf society as a whole right now.
    I agree, but note I'm not pretending it's a large or a huge part of that society.

It's not my fault people are so biased they don't read properly what I write and mistake me stating the arcane is a core part of the night elves to mean that the arcane is the only core part of the night elves, and that it is widespread amongst the Darnassian group of night elves?

Why because they've firstly assumed wrongly that when I say night elves I'm talking about and only referring to Darnassians, when I mean the race.

Secondly they then atuotmaiclly impute that statement to the state of Darnassian society and the level of arcane magical use, again which is not what I'm referring to, but rather the whole race, it's lore , its history its biological disposition, talent and affinity towards the arcane which the lore shows.

Thirdly they assume because "the arcane is core" for some reason means that I think only the arcane is core - which is again dumb seeing that as a night elf fan, and druid at that, I am well aware that nature is core to the ngiht elf too, and Elune is a huge influence there, I often talk about the night elves having dual arcane and nature identity, and often mention that nature and druidism isn't the only or primary side of them, it's one of several , it's a main aspect, but actually this is shared. I factor in all night elves, other groups the race. but this is still mis-understood, because well people want to see what they see, sometimes and don't have the patience to reas through.

Darnassian - Some of the Shen'drelar (Prince Tortheldrin doesn't seem to be involved) and an unknown number of Darnassian students.

Farondis - They're ghosts of people who were alive before the Sundering when night elven society actually was interested as a whole in the arcane. To say they mean modern night elf society is heavily involved in it is like saying the existence of Prince Toreth on the Bloodmyst Isle means riding green dragons is a staple of modern night elf society.

Shen'drelar (greater number in Eldre'thalas) - If they want to pull as many numbers of arcane-using highborne out of here, I'm fine with that. It can be their endless source of arcane night elves. As it stands, most of them seem to just be hanging out as they always have, uninterested in the outside world aside from reading about it.

Moon Guard - All but three are dead. If they want to have them join the Darnassian elves and train more, that's fine, but there are three of them, and they seem more chummy with the Nightborne.

I always liked Darnassus and would like to see a sprawling night elf city in the same fashion, but I think the driving forces in Darnassian society are druids, priestesses, sentinels, with the Shen'drelar magi as a distant 5th place far behind the Watchers. Doesn't mean I would mind the magi coming into prominence or having their own corner or a questing hub led by them, but looking at things as they are now, the idea that that's already present is only headcanon, and I personally think there are more important sides of the night elves to explore in the wake of the BfA conflict.
    Now add ALL the night elves that ever lived. Add the entire pre-sundering era, the cities, the regions, the people, the societies.

Add the Naga and Satyr, night elves altered by malevolent god-like level beings (i.e. Sargeras and Old Gods) .

Dont' forget the Demon Hunters too.

Add the priesthood, both pre-sundering and current as well, they're not forest elf nature worshippers, they worship Elune

Books: Now consider how many pages and volumes Night elf books have focused on the pre-sundering era, arcane wielding night elves and fel wielding ones when you can consider the 6 night elf novels, 3 were on the war of the ancients based at the end of the pre-sundering era, while the Long Vigil got the game WC3 whose main end event was the end of the long vigil. We then got Wolfheart where the main activity change of the night elves was the Highborne returning, and then we get the novel Illidan which focuses on Illidan, one of the greatest sorcerors that ever lived and leader of the Illidari faction. This is all night elf based. That's 5 out 6. Now Stormrage is the only one that has almost nothing to do with the arcane, pre-sundering night elves

WC3 So the books have a lot to tell about arcnae night elves, let's check the games. We mentioned WC3 basically the game version of WotA, where the trilogy focused on the end of the pre-sundering era, the game focuses on the end of the Long vigil era - but most people only see the game and ignore the book or are unaware of it so don't factor in its content.

WoW Classic: Wow enters, Classic has a new night elf society emerging , long vigil is over, we now see for the first time a lot of the druidic culture of the long vigil, even though that is over, but that's how druids are like, it's not all we see ofc, but tbh, druids are the most visible here. however we see a night elf city. TBC and WotLK, mostly druids again, the Night elves do nothing (Sylvnaar in Blades Edge is the only night elf faction post - they're not even chasing Illidan here), but cenarion expedition and Ruuan Wield are druidic as is D.E.H.T.A in wrath.

WoW TBC We see Illidan and night elves as leaders of the Illidari faction - we also help a night elf demon hunter who thinks Illidan has gone too far, this is also Night elf activity and lore -just not Darnassian and not druidic - yet you would associate druid with night elf, but forget so is Demon hunters

WoW WoTLK In WotLK, there is a small kaldorei outpost in Dragonblight, this is the only racial action. And FYI, they are not joining Malygos and hunting down magic for those who think this is the purpose of night elves. Because night elves don't hate magic, and they no longer actively work to suppress or ban it here, because that was only during the long vigil to prevent the legion from returning, which it did anyway, not because they're some anti magic group. D.E.H.T.A is not the kaldorei - they are a druid group, there are tauren and night elves there, so I naturally consider them a class thing. However, night elves are involved, so for showing what night elves do it counts, for showing night elf faction it doesn't (same applies to Illidari)

However the thing to note is the lack of night elven development, basically the night elf activity is frozen in the quests for 1-30
    we meet the Shen'dralar in an end game dungeon, and that's the first new group we meet- they're highborne and arcane, they're friendly and you can build rep with them.

Cataclysm comes, we see major story advancement in the re build, not that night elves are focused on, every classic race gets an update, for the first time since WC3, we see sentinels in action in Ashenvale and Feathermoon Stronghold in Feralas
    We see night elf mages all over the place, novices and apprentices in Azshara, Shen'dralar in Stonetalon mountain and Feralas with Estulan as well as Darnassus. The focus is not overwhelmingly druid, we visit Vash'jir with the naga and the sunken night elf city, and then to Hyjal with the druids.

Darkshore has priestesses and sentinels in action, and then a section on druids.

We see night elf demon hunters (no BElf ones) poppin g up in several areas, giving quests.

MoP In MoP, we get the cameo scenario with Tyrande - first time we ever see her in action in the game (she's been very active in the novels though, one of the stars of the WotA trilogy, heavily featuring in Stormrage, and is the damsel in distress in Wolfheart for Varian to come rescue and the worgen to be shown off as powerful and Garrosh and the orcs as dangerous. In MoP she makes a cameo in a scenario where Varian teaches her tactics, then also in SoO - with her sentinels - this is the night elves here. I hope you are paying attention who shows up when it is race affairs and what faction.

WoD In WoD - there are more night elf mages as common as that of any other class, we do have night elf priest, druids, a warden, and then the group in Ashran, but note who's doing the Alliance portals and magicking.. night elves.

Legion Enter legion, we have 2 zones on the arcane wielding night elves - Farondis, Nightborne and Moonguard, a pre-sundering night elf city, Moonguard stronghold, lots of ruins. We also see the temples for the priestesses, 3 ruined ones, the biggest one we reclaim, and 1 semi-ruined one used by the Order.

we see the Wardens, and hunteresses, orders of the night elves not seen since WC3, and we see the Ravencrests, stalwarts of night elf lore now alive again as undead.

Finally druids, the origin of druidism, another world tree, the mysterious dreamwarden faction of druids and the ensuing plot. Demonic altered night elven Satyrs, not to mention the naga that also pop up, (vast majority in night elf areas on NElf affairs, even though they have their own plot, you kind really should be viewing them as the evil nelves - looking the way they should for their horrible crimes)

BFA : This continues, we see a lot more druids and priests now, thanks to the WoT and battle for Darkshore, we also see Night elf mages in the assaults, and one of the WArfront's bosses is the Archmage, before going on to fight Maeiv, the warfront has many Wc3 assets, but the Night Warrior theme is very much Priesthood of the pre-sundering era, the arcane magic and void used by Tyrande is very telling.

8.2 follows up with Naz'jatar, the ruins of Zin'Azshari, tons of night elves there, dead ones, and off course tons of naga - also a part of the night elf bracket though an evil faction so far of aberration night elves.

It is heavily night elf, it's got arcane ones, nature ones, priestly ones, martial ones, fel ones. - the full breadth - am I imagining that night elves are a hell of a lot more than just forest elves, and the arcane plays a hell of a larger role in the race than just some fringe side story - and not I said the race, I didn't say Darnassian night elf society.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2020-06-06 at 05:09 PM.

what is with with elf players and constant drama.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Well it is 10k years of separation, but the point still remains and I'm in full agreement with what you say.
    The Night Elves of Northern Kalimdor have lost their claims to the city. Claim Hyjal, is my suggestion - they stand better chances of that.
    Idk why I said 12.. but yes this is correct. They have no claim to the city.. at all anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    Same thing you see in football fans..

Why is this over major sports and not minor - what character of human beings get all possessive over something don't want the imaginary rivals to have it, and would now argue to death over it like it was the most important thing in the world

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    Well to explain it as simple as I can.

The alliance always wants what the horde has.
    I mean the fight that started in BC JUST recently ended.

Now we have a couple of new ones, appearntly night elves think that suramar is their city and also they think the alliance need nightborne model or the slim model back so they can be highbornes.

So here we are again..

High elves, nightborne, suramar, silvermoon.. list goes on.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2020-06-06 at 05:18 PM.

night elves get almost genocide and suddenly they demand everything like they deserve it.
    i am sorry but now you know how the trolls feel.

I felt sorry for you night elves until certain posters on the official forums wouldnt shut up.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

There, your race sucks.
    1. No one was complaining, everyone enjoyed their roles and activities, did their duties , like the perfect beings they are, full of honour, courage, nobility, knowing sacrifice and hard working.

2. They had a job to do, stop the Legion from returning, everything else is meaningless, even rebuilding their own society and civilisation - protect the well, no one must discover it. Our lives are now dedicated to preventing the repeat of the horror. Meanwhile in Suramar - "I need a drink, that walk was so exhausting, you there --> points to lowborne server, need more arcwine.. fetch" and in Eldre'thalas - "oo, what new secrets would I discover today, let's go tot eh lab and try and discover something new, this evening we'll watch some of the Amani fighting against the High elves, - my money is still on the high elves even though they've lost a lot"

3. Well, if using your magic would bring the Legion back, or at least you believe that, ofc you're gonna ban it, you can live without arcane magic, but you cant' live without life or a world. Common sense right. Well once they returned, it is a bit stupid to keep it banned, we're not morons you know, there was a reason for this.

1. No one was complaining, everyone enjoyed their roles and activities, did their duties , like the perfect beings they are, full of honour, courage, nobility, knowing sacrifice and hard working.
    God this is hilarious, perfect beings hah. Man this genuinely made me laugh thanks for that.

The night elves are a deeply flawed people, there is no such thing as perfection.

2. They had a job to do, stop the Legion from returning, everything else is meaningless, even rebuilding their own society and civilisation - protect the well, no one must discover it. Our lives are now dedicated to preventing the repeat of the horror. Meanwhile in Suramar - "I need a drink, that walk was so exhausting, you there --> points to lowborne server, need more arcwine.. fetch" and in Eldre'thalas - "oo, what new secrets would I discover today, let's go tot eh lab and try and discover something new, this evening we'll watch some of the Amani fighting against the High elves, - my money is still on the high elves even though they've lost a lot"
    You keep spouting this rubbish of "Shen'dralar scrying on the world for 10,000 years" and it's simply rubbish. It's headcanon.
    I've asked 7 times for you to provide a source for this and you have failed to do so...why, because you can't - your not fooling us with your headcanon any longer about this.
    Myself and somebody else have gone through all of Shen'dralar lore and we have found nothing. Even the Classic quests show no signs of this.

Stop spreading lies and start telling the truth.

If somebody else wishes to find a source that tells us that these weak mages scryed on Azeroth for 10,000 years, then please link it.

As quoted from my friend:
    The source provided from googles is “dire maul classic quests” but on reading through all of these it doesn’t show up - can only assume it is therefore headcanon that people have convinced themselves is true.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2020-06-06 at 05:30 PM.