Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayze View Post
    Do you even know what this action is? Only actual Blizzard shills are believing Blizzard is doing this as some sort of moral grand gesture, but that doesn't make the action bad. They should delay it regardless of any moral points or not.

But to spell this out clearer: Potentially reversing an action on a tournament player only benefits them and/or their community. Not taking attention away from important protests benefits everyone else regardless if they're a Blizzard fan or even a gamer.

"Sell me a game and shut the hell up" is the attitude of why these protests are happening and proof you don't even care about Hong Kong.
    I don't honestly care... I want my video game makers to sell and maintain my video game. Its shocking but I don't really want their hot take on things.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    At least that one was based in reason though. This virus bs probably isn't going to be done by then and you can't bet on it anyway.
    This is also based in reason, all things considered and outrage culture existing.

You might not agree with it, plenty don't agree with companies allowing Corona to affect their decisions.

Either way, I'm bored of this topic now. It's not as if though this bickering on this forum will change the facts of reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    This is also based in reason, all things considered and outrage culture existing.

You might not agree with it, plenty don't agree with companies allowing Corona to affect their decisions.

Either way, I'm bored of this topic now. It's not as if though this bickering on this forum will change the facts of reality.
    I believe people can focus on two things at once. An SL stream isn't going to somehow overshadow what's going on, MW Season 4 isn't going to stop people from realizing what's going on. The PS5 stream wasn't going to overshadow what's going on. All they're doing is depressing people further. They can say "we support you" and then continue on with their thing. Maybe maker sure all the racism on the forums and in game is heavily punished (it's REALLY bad in Warzone)

Quote Originally Posted by Moonrage View Post
    I'm just done with this whole situation. Here in Europe people are protesting over something that happened in the US. While there is still a virus going around. Absolute madness.
    It's globalists who push those protests mate.... Where do you think they got money for that? And organization...?

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    If they want to do something meaningful they should donate to organizations working for racial justice, promote black content creators on their stream, make a statement at the beginning of the stream in support of BLM, etc etc etc

There are so many options that could actually make a better impact.
    No thanks. I don't want my money I spent on Blizzard to promote hate groups like BLM or other radical leftist activities. I want Blizzard to be as politically neutral as possible.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkhan View Post
    Well ya know if there is a threat. In that case a threat to African American lives and you genuinely care about removing said threat you go for the head of the beast (black on black violence) not the little toe (police murdering 1 African American).

Imagine if previous generations would have been as dumb and gullible as the current generation. Ignoring the head of the beast and pussyfooting around the little toe. We would all be speaking German by now.
    Yes black on black crime is a huge killer and really bad.
    but you know whats a bigger issue?

Being scared to call the cops worried instead of saving you, they will kill you.
    the people who are hired to protect you, are the threat themselves.
    the problem is not the amount, its the fact that those who are supposed to protect, are not, they are harming.

But your getting off topic btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

The reveal stream must have had some extremely juicy information stuffed in it, otherwise I can't understand how they can even thing it would make a impact on the current protest movement.

Either the stream had highly sought after information or Blizzard is showing some serious arrogance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post
    No thanks. I don't want my money I spent on Blizzard to promote hate groups like BLM or other radical leftist activities. I want Blizzard to be as politically neutral as possible.
    Being politically neutral in situations of opression is taking the side of the opressor.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

The irony of blizzard doing this is strong enough to use it as case in point example in future dictionaries.

I guess Hong Kong's voice wasn't important, huh?

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm loving the white privilege in this thread. I'm glad Blizzard is doing this.

#blacklivesmatter

Quote Originally Posted by Ryonas View Post
    Holy shit, these comments...

These poor bastards are damned if they do, damned if they don't by you savages!
    Amen. They act like a bunch of Karens sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Being politically neutral in situations of opression is taking the side of the opressor.
    The problem is they're taking a side in a battle whose narrative is all wrong. The real narrative should be police brutality is a problem that affects everyone, the false narrative being mainstreamed is police brutality specifically/only targets black people. ActiBlizz is completely supporting a false narrative (heck, they even added BLM splashscreens to COD stuff), which just further divides and incites people. To be fair, they aren't the only ones doing this, but it doesn't make it any less terrible.

In general, this has been the problem with many issues of the day, even COVID-19: everyone's so hung up on false narratives that don't matter that the real issues don't get addressed and/or solved. Why do people think there's a growing distrust of mainstream media, regardless of political persuasion? They're at best the echo chamber, at worst the propagators, of so many false narratives that only serve to incite people and make them perpetually angry at anything and everything. Most of the secondary and tertiary issues that stem from these situations is the direct result of being lied to on a daily basis... and now ActiBlizz is propagating a lie.

If Blizz just came out and said "Police brutality is bad, no matter who it is against," there's be pretty much no backlash. I certainly wouldn't have an issue with that, either, as almost no one does (besides the crazies). It would've been better if they just kept their mouths shut instead of showing how lacking in self-awareness (or how morally corrupted) they are.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

This might be the turning point for me to unsub....

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting how Blizzard will postpone an event that has nothing to do with police brutality in the USA, but continue to work directly with the Chinese government despite them currently hold over a million Uyghers in concentration camps for an ethnic genocide...

Corporate virtue signalling at its finest.
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't care. As long as the expansions itself doesn't get delayed. Can't stand BFA a moment longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkhan View Post
    Less crime = less interaction with the police. That would be a good starting point.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drivin...0traffic%20law.

I live in Detroit, Mi. Being black is presumed guilt, no matter what you happen to be doing. Grilling in the back yard. You obviously stole that grill. Maybe, you're selling drugs .. or really, who actually cares. Just roll up and harass for funsies. Sit in your swiss castle, you apparently don't have a damn clue what life is like in America.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelcryo View Post
    In before people cry about Blizzard either A. Virtue signalling B. How they handled the Hong Kong incident or C. Think this is an excuse because what they wanted to show isn't ready.

Whatever their "true" reasoning, this is a good move and a net positive for everyone
    Naturally it will be blizzard being racist about how they handled country vs country politics versus actual equal treatment of humans.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    They delayed diablo 4 to try and make it better
    they delayed Warcraft 3 to try and make it better (Even then it was still bad, but imagine how bad it woulda been if it WASENT delayed)
    They delayed starcraft 2 many times
    and have delayed a few expansions, tbc, wotlk, even mop.
    let alone how many times behind the scenes they delay stuff without telling us.
    Shadowlands coulda been planned for sepetember, but because of covid is now november, but we wont know, cause they never told us the date, so we cant know if it was moved.
    You're informed and I respect that. But sill, I did clearly state "Activision/Blizzard culture" which encapsulates the past 10 years give or take a few months. So cross Starcraft 2, Wotlk, Tbc and Warcraft 3 off your list. Not sure why Diablo 4 was delayed but I'll take your word for it. As far as MOP is concerned, it's kind of a murky shade of gray as far as the launch is concerned. They initially aspired to a shorter xpac cycle and in the end merely lapsed back into the familiar territory of one xpac every 2 years. The delay went unnoticed by most and merely fell short of their own pushed forward launch expectations. It had very little or nothing to do with "polishing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    The problem is they're taking a side in a battle whose narrative is all wrong. The real narrative should be police brutality is a problem that affects everyone, the false narrative being mainstreamed is police brutality specifically/only targets black people. ActiBlizz is completely supporting a false narrative (heck, they even added BLM splashscreens to COD stuff), which just further divides and incites people. To be fair, they aren't the only ones doing this, but it doesn't make it any less terrible.

In general, this has been the problem with many issues of the day, even COVID-19: everyone's so hung up on false narratives that don't matter that the real issues don't get addressed and/or solved. Why do people think there's a growing distrust of mainstream media, regardless of political persuasion? They're at best the echo chamber, at worst the propagators, of so many false narratives that only serve to incite people and make them perpetually angry at anything and everything. Most of the secondary and tertiary issues that stem from these situations is the direct result of being lied to on a daily basis... and now ActiBlizz is propagating a lie.

If Blizz just came out and said "Police brutality is bad, no matter who it is against," there's be pretty much no backlash. I certainly wouldn't have an issue with that, either, as almost no one does (besides the crazies). It would've been better if they just kept their mouths shut instead of showing how lacking in self-awareness (or how morally corrupted) they are.
    Black people suffers way more from police brutality. This is nothing new. At the beggining of may there were protests against social distancing in the US, composed mainly of white people. There was little to none police brutality, and they invaded government buildings.

Fast forward to today, a bunch of black protesters gather up and the response from the police is swift and brutal.

I do not know which fantasy world you believe in that racial profiling is not a thing. It is, and frequently kills people.

I do understand the sentiment behind all lives matter, but it operates in a world where everyone is in equal footing. This world does not exist, not yet. And if you want to say that all lives matter someday, you gotta stand up for black people now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tesshin83 View Post
    This perhaps going off topic but the chance for that to happen is like being struck by lightning.

- - - Updated - - -

That argument only matters if there is oppression in the first place.
    In this case there is no question of its existence.

- - - Updated - - -

I will not reply after this, it is basically off topic and against the rules of the forum, and I do not want a ban anyway.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines