Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunkelzahn View Post
    It always amazes me that people like you think comments like this and "omg, liek, this ain't no blog, lol!" is somehow a valid comment to make on a god damned discussion forum.
    It always amazes me that people like you that think that saying fuck 20 times in tired discussion has any value. But I just noticed that you're on some new account, so you're probably also some clown who is scared to post on his main account on this "god damned discussion forum".

Quote Originally Posted by ISCL View Post
    Anyone defending this piece of shit system is a blizzard bootlicker.
    Alternatives? Its easy to be a pessimistic Gertrude when not providing any alternatives

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Rental power is the only reason that each class doesn't have 30 abilities for their rotation. More bloat makes the game harder for new players. Rental power has been in the game since launch and it's what makes the game exciting each new patch.
    No it hasn't rofl. Tier sets weren't rental power they changed how you played classes could still play without them. Classes feel awful without current rental powers.

Blizz got rid of reforging because it was too much "science" to figure out gear upgrades. Then BFA came out and now I need a doctorate degree in physics to figure out if I'm getting an upgrade or not. At least in MOP we could buy our enchants and wear our "upgrades" the same day we got the gear.

Thank goodness this horrible system is going away! Every time loot drops in BFA I be like:

Quote Originally Posted by Khosumi View Post
    Why would i quit the game over one system that's going away next expansion? That's straight stupid.
    Why would you make such a complaint as you did because of the same reason?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    It was a fantastic idea but, as usual, horrible execution. If they want to do something like this, they need to get out of adding certain effects that just do obscene amounts of damage.
    I know what you mean. Currently I'm running with
    Rank 3 IS
    Rank 1 IS
    Void lash x2

And when I sneeze things in different raid ids die.

I did a heroic wrathion earlier in the week where my IS DMG was nearly 4 mill more than my own ability
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

I don't agree with your opinion. Rental powers are great. The problem is how they were implemented and how difficult they are to obtain. If they were farmable it would be better.
    I farmed 15,000 in 2 days how is it not farmable?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keller View Post
    Most people on the internet nowadays need a good spank.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    And open the flood gates for non-stop balancing issues on Blizzard's end while allow more complaining threads like this going forward?

No thanks Jeff.
    They have balancing issues with everything, just look at the Gushing Wounds and Vers. Corruptions.
    Personal Preference and Opinions ≠ Facts, Truth, or Logic

Why would i quit the game over one system that's going away next expansion? That's straight stupid.
    I mean that's what i did because of Corruption and i feel much better for it. With that being said, i do not think saying "accept it or quit" is a good attitude to have when MMOs as a Genre is already dying out in the US.

I don't agree with your opinion. Rental powers are great. The problem is how they were implemented and how difficult they are to obtain. If they were farmable it would be better.
    The absolute fucking state of WoW players.

I quit the game until next expansion..don't have to perma quit

Nobody can make me like this garbage system. It's trash, always been trash and always will be. Borrowed powers are a cancer over this game, what happened to your character being the source of your powers, not this stupid fucking helmet that once the xpac finished all of your extra effects suddenly vanishes as if your character has some sort of Alzheimer.

Drop a weapon today, it's better than my current one by 2k ONLY if I get expedient WHICH ISN'T ON SALE RIGHT NOW and who god damn knows when it'll be, blizzard's making sure we get as much fun as possible from their terrible systems.

edit: I have been informed that corruption vendor is on a set schedule. While it does alleviate some of my issues, it still does not fix the issue at all as you'd still need to wait before the next set rotation would come around. I still see this as a major flaw, but it's something.
    just come to classic problem fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Beej View Post
    Blizz got rid of reforging because it was too much "science" to figure out gear upgrades. Then BFA came out and now I need a doctorate degree in physics to figure out if I'm getting an upgrade or not. At least in MOP we could buy our enchants and wear our "upgrades" the same day we got the gear.
    As someone with actual degrees in physics and mathematics, I can safely say that I even find the corruption system as implemented very non-intuitive and cumbersome for a system that was supposed to make gearing easier to understand.

Concept itself is fine, but the implementation is a combination of Blizz trying to hold onto the idea that you shouldn't need simulations/3rd party websites/spreadsheets to determine your gear... while simultaneously dumbing down the in-game information/details coupled with layers of randomness and layers of systems to where you can't make informed decisions w/o the aforementioned resources. Now, if corruptions weren't that powerful, all this goes out the window because the difference between making an informed decision versus an uninformed decision would be minor. But in reality, we're seeing massive swings in performance output due to all the variables of layered systems to where there are not just wrong answers, there are very wrong answers. You can't have a complicated system produce such a wide variance of performance and not expect the players to be upset by it, especially before the corruption vendor came along.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my god this.

Corruption is the single stupidest worst system added to the game so far. Now we're in a situation where player skill and appropriate gear level are less noticable upgrades to performance than what corruptions he has, where someone with low ilvl but T3 TD can out perform someone with high ilvl but no corruption. And to make matters worse, we're all spending the next 7 months until Shadowlands constantly dodging the tedious eyeball and thing from beyond and the other stupid negative effects of corruption. But you have to deal or your dps in the shitter without it.

I want to go back to a time when gear is just gear. You get stats, and maybe a set bonus. Leave the extra effects to trinkets and maybe a few other occasional pieces. I want to go back to a time when you look at a piece of gear and know it's an upgrade simply because the amount of X is higher (where X is your class's prefered stats) than on what you've already got.

An ilvl 420 should not ever be comparable to an ilvl 450, especially not a 470. But because of corruption, it might be.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Beej View Post
    Every time loot drops in BFA I be like:
    That was the good part of it. As opposed to:

I absolutely cannot understand why people want to have shopping lists in games. Run same instances over and over again until it drops and then forget this slot ever existed till next major patch. This is absolutely boring.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    I absolutely cannot understand why people want to have shopping lists in games. Run same instances over and over again until it drops and then forget this slot ever existed till next major patch. This is absolutely boring.
    I have a hard time imagining what you would think the perfect MMO would be. I know I wouldn't want to play it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    I have a hard time imagining what you would think the perfect MMO would be. I know I wouldn't want to play it though.
    PoE loot, currency and crafting system.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Oh no, gearing and building your character is a little bit more complicated than choosing the right talent, which everyone can do based on a guide on a website. How tragic, the game actually has depth.
    What dept? Theres guides on websites on what essences and corruptions to go for. After that you pray to RNG gods whenever you press buttons to get the effects.

- - - Updated - - -

Rental power is the only reason that each class doesn't have 30 abilities for their rotation. More bloat makes the game harder for new players. Rental power has been in the game since launch and it's what makes the game exciting each new patch.
    Rental power that is needed if you want to be relevant. Back in the day you reached max lvl and saw easy enough stats on gear and could more or less in short time know if the piece that dropped were better or worse.

Today in retail? Not only does new players gotta reach max level, theres an absurd amount of information and farming to be done.

Ok you need Azerite gear - But wait, you gotta get the correct Azerite piece to drop.
    Then you have essences - Ok where to get them? Long ass list on where to go and what to do. Some of it is just hidden behind pointless hinders.
    Then you have corruption - Ok where and how do I get this? When is it to much? when is it to low? Should I even have alot of it?
    What even is echos? Titan residiuum, whats that?
    Then you ofc gotta farm AP for HoA.
    Then its leveling up your legendary cloack.
    Then you gotta push m+ and pray to the RNG gods when you open chest.
    Then ofc you have all the fun RNG elements mixed into all of this. Some RNG is needed in a MMORPG, but its to much now.

Probably forgot a few currencies too.

Point is - the game aint easier for new players, not even returning players. In fact, the leveling is maybe the best part for new players cause once you reach max lvl theres so much to catch up on to even have an idea on what to get and how.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post

Rental power that is needed if you want to be relevant. Back in the day you reached max lvl and saw easy enough stats on gear and could more or less in short time know if the piece that dropped were better or worse.

Today in retail? Not only does new players gotta reach max level, theres an absurd amount of information and farming to be done.

Ok you need Azerite gear - But wait, you gotta get the correct Azerite piece to drop.
    Then you have essences - Ok where to get them? Long ass list on where to go and what to do. Some of it is just hidden behind pointless hinders.
    Then you have corruption - Ok where and how do I get this? When is it to much? when is it to low? Should I even have alot of it?
    What even is echos? Titan residiuum, whats that?
    Then you ofc gotta farm AP for HoA.
    Then its leveling up your legendary cloack.
    Then you gotta push m+ and pray to the RNG gods when you open chest.
    Then ofc you have all the fun RNG elements mixed into all of this. Some RNG is needed in a MMORPG, but its to much now.

Probably forgot a few currencies too.

Point is - the game aint easier for new players, not even returning players. In fact, the leveling is maybe the best part for new players cause once you reach max lvl theres so much to catch up on to even have an idea on what to get and how.
    Believe it or not, this is an oversimplified list - imagine being an entirely new player - something Blizzard desperately needs. Most would never even figure out to shift+right click to access traits etc. Honestly, This sorta shit is Jurassic. I believe they need to completely gut all additional systems outside of talents, take some of these additional shit and build it into the talents. Clean the UI up - the fact we are still shift clicking shit to add gems and traits etc is beyond ridiculous in 2020.

The core game play is OK - sure, im not a fan of most of the specs ATM, but that is an entirely different subject and issue. Raids are fine, M+ is not for me, but is fine, pvp has balance issues, but always has and always will. The issue is similar to when you find an amazing game, and start to REALLY enjoy the gameplay, only to be hit with Microtransactions everywhere you turn, and quickly realizing the bulk of the game is locked behind countless paywalls.

People say "but gear has always been a treadmill" and that is 100% true - the core gameplay loop hasnt changed much since cata. Whats changed is that it is now a treadmill, but we are also balancing on a ball, while lifting weights, and doing yoga, and the treadmill is actually just sitting on an even bigger treadmill that we didnt even notice at first.

"oh, you got to 430 quite quickly? good for you! now you can do about 40% of the damage of this OTHER 430 guy, because he has bis traits and corruption!"

They need to simplify and consolidate all of these systems - they actually add very little to the game other than playtime, and i realise that is a part of Blizzards motivation, and thats fine, but it isnt working. I firmly believe the reception of BfA has been the most negative of any expansion, including WoD - and the only wow based product to lose a higher percentage of its subs would be classic, and that was to be expected.

BfA missed the mark, from start to finish, and will be remembered by many as "that expansion that had those things? like tier bonuses but not tier bonuses? member? those things? then we had those other things? whatever they were called they were like magic flashy lazer things, like legendaries but with ranks for some reason? member?"

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    No it hasn't rofl. Tier sets weren't rental power they changed how you played classes could still play without them. Classes feel awful without current rental powers.
    Tier sets are rental powers. You literally described rental power when you described them. Classes feel fine without corruption. They actually feel better, I would say. With so much being tied into corruption, your class feels less important. The class still plays well (since corruption doesn't affect your rotation typically). Essences are rental powers on steroids. But they're still rental powers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Imurbandaid View Post
    I farmed 15,000 in 2 days how is it not farmable?
    15,000 corruptions? No, you are playing with the updated system. I was talking about corruption's implementation. "When it mattered."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thelyron View Post
    The absolute fucking state of WoW players.
    Is there substance to your post or is this a poorly cropped meme?