3+ Year Old Account

Suggestion: The Ability To Skip Story Based Raids

Basically, what this will do is allow people who don't like to raid (or don't have the time to or feel they will be a liability) to continue on with the story, the characters will act like the raid was completed, though you won't get any rewards. If you want any of the rewards for the raid, even the LFR version, you will have to actually do the raid. I know, might be some people who say "if you can't beat the raid, you should't be able to progress in the story" or something like that.

That's literally already a thing, I completed the quest for attending Rastakhan's funeral and to this day have never even queued up for the raid to fight Jaina

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is this meant to be in a FF 14 ARR thread?

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    That's literally already a thing, I completed the quest for attending Rastakhan's funeral and to this day have never even queued up for the raid to fight Jaina
    I haven't been far into the story to access raids, so I wasn't sure if this was a thing or not.

Quote Originally Posted by WFD1992 View Post
    I haven't been far into the story to access raids, so I wasn't sure if this was a thing or not.
    It was a thing before. You couldn't progress the quest till Raid encounters were completed. I assumed it changed after the tier wasn't current for some time, but I don't know for certain.

When I first did the story I didn't get the follow on quest until I cleared the Jaina encounter. There were also quests that didn't seem to trigger till after I did dungeon events... they were originally made for mythic only dungeons but the dungeons did get turned into heroics.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    It was a thing before. You couldn't progress the quest till Raid encounters were completed. I assumed it changed after the tier wasn't current for some time, but I don't know for certain.

When I first did the story I didn't get the follow on quest until I cleared the Jaina encounter. There were also quests that didn't seem to trigger till after I did dungeon events... they were originally made for mythic only dungeons but the dungeons did get turned into heroics.
    There were some adjustments in BfA where specific questlines were made achievable without going to the raid when it wasn't current content. For example, there was a Horde quest to stab G'huun with a weapon... but in 8.3, getting a raid to kill G'huun would be hard, so his body can be found outside the raid instance portal to stab.

If we're talking current content, I don't think that's happened yet (outside of bugs). However, the quests in BfA sort of unceremoniously end once you do the last part that requires you to kill the last raid boss. Usually the rewards are pretty weak, too, such as 2500 AP and a little gold. Not saying this will be the case going forward, but the quests themselves themselves are generally inconsequential and don't usually lead to extra RP/storytelling. Basically, you can ignore them. If they make them integral to progressing a story, aka you got more chain quests afterwards with rewards/RP that are only accessible by completing this quest, I suppose an argument can be made... but even then, it's a choice to not do the content once as Blizz isn't asking you to farm the content repeatedly.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    If they make them integral to progressing a story, aka you got more chain quests afterwards with rewards/RP that are only accessible by completing this quest, I suppose an argument can be made... but even then, it's a choice to not do the content once as Blizz isn't asking you to farm the content repeatedly.
    Thing is they did have the quests set up like this. They had longer quest chains with the boss kill quest as the requirement.

And to add in, you could only do it early in the tier's release cycle via normal or better tier raiding. LFR would be time gated for weeks while they slowly unlocked... and only after THAT point did they seem to remove the need to do the raid.