Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    So xfer? I mean, the game is so stuffed that they have to physically stop you from making chars lol
    You shouldn't have to pay real money in order to enjoy the game. Blizzard created too many servers along with making massive changes to the game and altering the authentic server caps to be much larger than they were supposed to be.

A handful of servers are packed sure. Good for them, it doesn't change the fact that others are suffering.

ITT people who arent good enough for esport complain about esports existing like their opinion was the only right one.

Also "why no sl announcement but this?" gee I Wonder which is big and attention grabbing...

Why is this "bad" for Classic? Just seems to be something fun to do to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephire View Post
    Why is this "bad" for Classic? Just seems to be something fun to do to me.
    Because having competitive games make people unable to compete sad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post
    You shouldn't have to pay real money in order to enjoy the game. Blizzard created too many servers along with making massive changes to the game and altering the authentic server caps to be much larger than they were supposed to be.

A handful of servers are packed sure. Good for them, it doesn't change the fact that others are suffering.
    tbf, I'd imagine majority of the classic realms are above their vanilla caps.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    Maybe take a reading comprehension class? I did not say, nor imply that the game is dead, and even acknowledged that there are huge servers. I really don't know why you did purposefully misinterpret my post.
    I'm sorry, will you accept my sincere apology, I thought you were the other poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Echocho View Post

EU has 23 servers, 2 of those are Low, Judgement and Dragonfang, 6 are Medium, so at best you have 2 dead servers and 6 blizzlike vanilla servers, the rest are packed.

23/8 is a pretty damn good ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Lol. "Because classic is so popular."

Just a heads up, your server is *not* the only server and your server popularity does *not* represent classic as a whole. Im not sure why you think otherwise.
    umadbro? - 10

Is this a joke?

Lol, classic e-sport. Ah, Blizz is really capturing the zeitgeist here.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Jesus Christ.

Whilst WoW E-sports are a laughing stock at this point, Classic getting this small thing that doesn't impact the authenticity of the game shouldn't be this controversial.

Live already got several big features added to tie players over until SL, not sure why people feel a need to whine. Nevermind the "lUl guess Classic's möre impörtant hurr!"-crowd.

If the price pool is really 4000 USD for a team of 10 winners though, that's pretty pathetic. Should be 4000 per player.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-06-09 at 02:27 PM.

I must be the only one looking forward to watching this, you get arena and mythic streams which no one watches. Live stream WSG? now that's worth watching. Arathi Basin would be good to watch too.

Impressive combined pricepool of less than Bobby Kotick makes in half an hour.

The joke is on those who participate.

TipsOut's Classic Dueler's League had $50,000 prize pool.

Boycott the tournament guys... don't be stupid.

Guys, PLEASE play our eSports. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    I mean, how can anybody say that classic is dead when the servers are being overrun with players.
    Of course it is overrun with players because there are barely any servers in classic in the first place.while retail has 200+ servers which was a huge mistake for them to add to many.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker1 View Post
    Of course it is overrun with players because there are barely any servers in classic in the first place.while retail has 200+ servers which was a huge mistake for them to add to many.
    Asmongold pulls 100 people into stormwind on an RP realm and the realm grinds to a halt and is barely playable, meanwhile on Classic you have 600-1000 people in the same zone during raid nights and there's 0 lag.

Retail wouldn't be able to handle the classic concentration of players.

Like, just comparing the amount of raiding guilds on the locked EU Classic servers vs the highest pop EU retail realms, classic has like over twice as many people raiding per realm than retail counterpart.

And comparing total parses per class by classic vs retail, classic has an order of magnitude more parses than retail.

The most popular HC Ny'Alotha class is Mage with 490k parses, but just to illustrate, the most popular parse in classic bwl is mage with 3 MILLION parses

On Retail, there is a complete total of 2803356 parses across all classes & specs, on classic there's a total of 11459385 parses in BWL, there's 4 times as many raiding characters in classic bwl than retail heroic.

In conclusion how can anybody say that Classic is a dead game ubless retail is already 6 feet under?
    Last edited by WaltherLeopold; 2020-06-11 at 06:38 AM.