Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnomette View Post
    I used to know several Mossflayer roleplayers back in the day it would be nice to see Zul'mashar to get support from the Zandalari Empire since they effectively were saved by the player through the quests in Classic and Cataclysm.
    another one I hope to see is the Argent Crusade effectively becoming allied to the Horde so that they can give protection to the Mashari, that Troll character who was a companion of Darion could be their ambassador and representative to Zul'mashar; he may be Darkspear and not Forest Troll but he is still a Troll

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    CoT where you have to help Hellscream butcher Cenarius and his forces. Ultimate out-of-touch moment for Blizzard and a forum meltdown of epic proportions.
    CoT where you help Gul'dan raze the forests of Quel'thalas and destroy their runestones
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    another one I hope to see is the Argent Crusade effectively becoming allied to the Horde so that they can give protection to the Mashari, that Troll character who was a companion of Darion could be their ambassador and representative to Zul'mashar; he may be Darkspear and not Forest Troll but he is still a Troll
    Why would the Argents ever abandon their neutrality?
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    A CoT set during the time before nelfs tapped the Well of Eternity could be interesting... but it's hard to imagine a scenario where we'd have to attack the nelfs to maintain the timeline.
    Hear me out: So we have Azhara, let her escape current timeline and travel to the past to meet her mother and convince her to tap into well of Eternity for power, but not to let Burning Legion in so here we are in pre-sundering Drae... I mean Azeroth and we, the heroes do some magic fuckery with Khadgar and go back in time to save the world from invading High Elves who want to come to our time-line and rule the world, past and the future!

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    And the fact that they still don't have beards is a crime.
    I dunno about that. I mean, is there any official art with a troll with a beard? Maybe the original idea was that they're kinda based off Native American physiology in that respect (for those who don't know, peoples like the Cherokee, Mohawk, Pueblo, Shawnee, etc. do not grow facial hair).

3+ Year Old Account
    Why would the Argents ever abandon their neutrality?
    the Forsaken are their people, Calia is their queen who is Horde, and the Blood Elves were their closest allies and it's time to make penance and reparations for Garithos' actions by helping protect them and cleansing their forests

I'll make a separate thread soon

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendraeg View Post
    I dunno about that. I mean, is there any official art with a troll with a beard? Maybe the original idea was that they're kinda based off Native American physiology in that respect (for those who don't know, peoples like the Cherokee, Mohawk, Pueblo, Shawnee, etc. do not grow facial hair).
    Rokhan and Vol'jin in Reforged has a beard

The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    All Trolls should be playable, except maybe blood trolls they suck.

I would play the shit out of a forest troll survival hunter with a sick dragonhawk pet.

As for troll beards, i'm 100% meh on the idea. Had no beards for so long having them added in now would feel off, same with orc male eyebrows.
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Quote Originally Posted by Rend Blackhand View Post
    What sucks about Blood Trolls? They're the coolest.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rend Blackhand View Post
    I could see some being more 'sane' now. G'huun's influence shouldn't effect them anymore right?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

Tons, especially older concept art.

Also, Trolls have always been mesoamerican and Caribbean/Jamaican "coded", not after North American first nations groups

Also... Blizz really ought to start moving further from coding that narrowly

- - - Updated - - -

the Forsaken are their people, Calia is their queen who is Horde, and the Blood Elves were their closest allies and it's time to make penance and reparations for Garithos' actions by helping protect them and cleansing their forests

I'll make a separate thread soon
    ]

Hoo boy... That will definitely need a separate thread, because I disagree on almost all of it
    Twas brillig

No.

Get your PC nonsense out of here. I like my trolls being very explicitly mesoamerican and caribbean/Jamaican themed. I will fight you to the death and beyond on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Efcharisto View Post
    No.

Get your PC nonsense out of here. I like my trolls being very explicitly mesoamerican and caribbean/Jamaican themed. I will fight you to the death and beyond on this.
    What exactly do you even think I'm suggesting with that line? I'm curious.
    Twas brillig

3+ Year Old Account

Rokhan and Vol'jin in Reforged has a beard

Does Sen'jin have a beard too? I forget.
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

At this point it'd be like kicking puppies.
    Puppies are so precious to humans because they represent innocence and playfulness on top of being so damn cute.

Elves are none of those things.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Trolls have always been mesoamerican and Caribbean/Jamaican "coded", not after North American first nations groups

I think it's too late now but I agree that if today's blizz redesigned trolls they wouldn't have the heavy accents or so much inspiration from real world people. That's something Dwarves Tauren and Trolls all suffer from more than the others. Maybe Goblin too but not really since they only have the comedy jersey accent
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2022-04-15 at 11:45 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LemonDemonGirl View Post
    Does Sen'jin have a beard too? I forget.
    there's no unique model for Sen'jin in Reforged; however, there's a custom model for him by InsaneMonster - who's also doing the ReReforged series:

https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads...forged.326762/

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Puppies are so precious to humans because they represent innocence and playfulness on top of being so damn cute.

Elves are none of those things.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's too late now but I agree that if today's blizz redesigned trolls they wouldn't have the heavy accents or so much inspiration from real world people. That's something Dwarves Tauren and Trolls all suffer from more than the others. Maybe Goblin too but not really since they only have the comedy jersey accent
    1. Regardless, Blizz has made the elves weak hippies instead of skilled guerilla fighters, and it makes it boring to fight them and unsatisfying.

2. The issue isn't that trolls draw from real world cultures, it's basically impossible to create something -entirely- new without some input from real world culture, the problem is that they do so narrowly and don't really develop it meaningfully.
    Twas brillig

Pre-European (or African or whatever) "pollution" during the Spanish Age of Expansion, Meso American and West Indies didn't really grow facial hair either, they're all similar genetic origin as the rest of the Native American nations.
    I mean, any of them could a LITTLE, especially at particularly advanced age, but it was very sparse and couldn't really be called a "beard".

That said, I can accept that there is some original Blizzard art depicting beards. I just hadn't recalled it personally.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pre-European (or African or whatever) "pollution" during the Spanish Age of Expansion, Meso American and West Indies didn't really grow facial hair either, they're all similar genetic origin as the rest of the Native American nations.
    I mean, any of them could a LITTLE, especially at particularly advanced age, but it was very sparse and couldn't really be called a "beard".

That said, I can accept that there is some original Blizzard art depicting beards. I just hadn't recalled it personally.
    Right, but trolls are trolls, they don't rly ahve human phisiology, they have beards and tusks.

This is official art of the leaders, you can see vol'jin beard:

And this is his ingame model:

I actually am finding it harder to find old concept art of trolls without facial hair. If you Google "Darkspear Trolls" just about every official art of them even from the World of Warcraft manual have beards.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    I actually am finding it harder to find old concept art of trolls without facial hair. If you Google "Darkspear Trolls" just about every official art of them even from the World of Warcraft manual have beards.
    yeah, trolls were always supposed to have a lot of body hair, impressive hair, beards, even their skin was supposed to be different colors because of their fur, forest trolls by example were green because they had moss on the fur

What exactly do you even think I'm suggesting with that line? I'm curious.
    Your following posts make me believe I may have been mistaken, but I took it as saying there was something offensive about the Trolls being depicted with a mesoamerican/carribean theme. I personally like that is how they are depicted. But perhaps developing it more wouldn't be so bad.