Will we have a "Deathbringer" series this time? (Spoilers maybe?)

Just like we got Warbringers and Harbingers, do you think we will get a Deathbringer-series (or however they'll call it) this year? I've always liked these shorts and it'd be nice if they continued them.

I wonder who these videos will be about. I'm pretty positive one will be about Bolvar. But which characters will be in the other two? Perhaps Tyrande, as she'll be a major character this expansion (at least in Ardenweald). Sylvanas would make sense, but she already got one last expansion and I don't think anyone needs another one of her.

Also, I know there have already been threads about this. I didn't feel like necro-ing them, so I just created a new one.

Would be cool if it's one of each Covenant leader, but could lead to spoilers too early.

Could also be characters like Bolvar, Uther, Kael and Draka? Probably not Ysera as they've tried to hide that.

Tyrande maybe if it's just to get them people off their backs. She's not a "deathbringer".

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hooe they focus on telling the story more ingame this time around
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Would be cool if it's one of each Covenant leader, but could lead to spoilers too early.

Could also be characters like Bolvar, Uther, Kael and Draka? Probably not Ysera as they've tried to hide that.

Tyrande maybe if it's just to get them people off their backs. She's not a "deathbringer".
    They don't necessarily have to be a "deathbringer". We don't even know if that'll be the name of the series. Just a character that'll take center stage in the expansion.

3+ Year Old Account
    Maybe Vol'jin or Bwonsamdi should get 'Deathbringer' animations?
    I don't play WoW anymore smh.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure we'll get something like that again yeah.

There will be 3 Deathbringer videos. 2 will most likely be:

- Bolvar, one of the main protagonists and our medium with the various rulers of the Shadowlands;
    - Jailer, the main villain and central driving force of the expansion.

I am not sure who the third one might be. Maybe the Arbiter, since she is the supreme ruler of all Shadowlands.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    I agree but i think Warbringers found a nice middle ground where the videos triggered in-game questlines.

Found the "If it's not ingame I'm going to pretend it doesn't exist then cover up my ignorance by whining that Blizz's storytelling sucks" representative.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

7+ Year Old Account
    In Burning Crusade expansion they really killed of the story and Lore behind Kael'thas Sunstrider!!!

Really hope they make a deathbringer video about him and redeem him, when people die they should stay dead... but the way blizzard killed of this character jsut to get a villan... is just bad writing and they can finally get him back to Azeroth!!!

If he comes back as udnead... he would be making alot of drama in the Frosaken.... and if he comes back living... Silvermoon would be such a Drama filled city... and so much Story potentials!!

Really hope this happens.

THe most interesting stuff is the Pre-Patch... really love the Undead vibe... so with the Helm destroyed... the undead should go all crazy... if you ask me this will be Wrath of the lich king pre-patch material GOOD!!!

What do you guys think? will the Pre.patch be amazing? will Keal'tahs be back??? my hopes are so high!!!
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

If they do I hope it's a key figure for each zone. Either a leader or important figure for each covenant or a important figures to the zones. Kael'Thas, Uther and so on.
    I don't think we'll need one for Bolvar, hopefully the pre-patch should provide all the re-introduction and motivation needed to set him up for going in.
    I'm thinking that the Jailer and Arbiter will be too central to the story to be relegated to optional out of the game side content, especially for the longevity of the expansion pack. X-Bringers cinematics should be cool, full of hype but also supplemental.

I skipped out on WoD and only saw the original series for it during early BfA. I loved them and they decided what expansion I'll Chromie time my first alt with when we can experience more than 1 or 1 and a half zone at most with Shadowlands. yet I doubt that if I had joined mid WoD I'd be unable to follow what was going on just because I missed out on them.

That may end tragically.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Yeah, obviously we'll have them.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    That may end tragically.
    And you think BFA's story didn't?
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

And you think BFA's story didn't?
    Yes but I think it would be better if they could write a book. Compare the prepatch to Elegy.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.