Page 1 of 2
LastLast

will shadowlands have level 51 twink op players like 101/111's in legion and BFA

Blizzard for BFA had player level 111 BOE epics which were basicaly level 120 starter epics and previous legion expac had player level 101 equip BOE epics that were basicaly 110 starter epics.

both expacs had unique scaling, where you had 101's boosting players to 110, in BFA it got even worse with 111's not only level boosting players to 120's, destroying 120's in WPVP, also carrying 120s thru dailies, islands, expeditions, etc. until the nerf where grouping with a XP off player vastly reduces your XP.

i wonder if blizz will repeat the above a third time, with early level BOE epics at level 51 or 5#?

Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    Blizzard for BFA had player level 111 BOE epics which were basicaly level 120 starter epics and previous legion expac had player level 101 equip BOE epics that were basicaly 110 starter epics.

both expacs had unique scaling, where you had 101's boosting players to 110, in BFA it got even worse with 111's not only level boosting players to 120's, destroying 120's in WPVP, also carrying 120s thru dailies, islands, expeditions, etc. until the nerf where grouping with a XP off player vastly reduces your XP.

i wonder if blizz will repeat the above a third time, with early level BOE epics at level 51 or 5#?
    most likely, but it depends on how they're outphasing everything; azerite, essences, and corruption

I hope they get rid of all of it in the prepatch so we can test out the new classes before the next addon starts.

Yes, because scaling is really shitty thing in this game
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

In my opinion just get rid of all the twinking.Make everyone in PvP scale to max level like in GW2.
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

BFA is unique example because leveling to 120 really felt like going back to level 100. Not only your stats got scaled down, but you also lost tier sets, legendaries and artifact traits. Replacement of those was not great, most azerite pieces were plain stat procs or constant effects.

I honestly wouldn't call what we have now twinks. They're op yes, but its a result from scaling and large amounts of gold.

Way back, if you wanted to twink properly it took time, gold, blood, sweat, tears and a good amount of RNG on your side. When EXP lock came in and Bgs separated into locked and unlocked exp, it killed real twinks.

All that being said, I don't see the issue in having power house low levels
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post
    In my opinion just get rid of all the twinking.Make everyone in PvP scale to max level like in GW2.
    It's an MMO-Role Playing Game, not Fortnite.

We should not hand out level and gear for free to everyone.

A new player should not be able to stand a chance against a max level warchief decked in full PvP gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotural View Post

A new player should not be able to stand a chance against a max level warchief decked in full PvP gear.
    What role playing in instanced PvP lol?I'm here to kill the oposite faction not to make buddies.GW2 showed how to make it work.I don't see a problem here.
    Add some gear grinding in the end as this is something everyone wants but put all PvP players in the same pool.Instead of spliting them in level brackets.
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

GW2 showed how to make it work.I don't see a problem here.
    Except that it doesn't work. GW2 is a dead game even though it's F2P.

And every single player would QQ so much on forums because "low level players are ruining high level battlegrounds because they don't know how to use their high level spells". And it wouldn't work UI wise. As soon as I enter a BG on a low level rogue I gain every Rogue spells and talent I should have at max level? With only 120 secs to put my keybinds?

And as soon as I exit the BG I lost access to Vanish, Blind, etc, horrible feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotural View Post

He specifically said "twink". Twinks are a farcry from max level warchief decked. They're more akin to a guy who stays in elementary school until he's in his 20s so he can be the biggest, toughest guy at recess.

But I get what you're saying about new players. I personally have no issues with a new player being equal to everyone else when they enter a BG. Let PVP be about whos more skilled than who rather than who bought all the best leveling BoEs on the AH.

It serves a purpose in PvE dungeons and leveling as it helps friends get new players and other friends to level cap on new characters faster, so Twinks in PvE I'd see as a good thing. As far as PvP goes, players who pause XP are matched together in PvP, so you won't run into them if you want to level that way in SL.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    I honestly wouldn't call what we have now twinks. They're op yes, but its a result from scaling and large amounts of gold.

Way back, if you wanted to twink properly it took time, gold, blood, sweat, tears and a good amount of RNG on your side. When EXP lock came in and Bgs separated into locked and unlocked exp, it killed real twinks.

All that being said, I don't see the issue in having power house low levels
    Nice gatekeeping there, Grampa. I'm sure you also twinked uphill both way in 50 feet of snow?

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Nice gatekeeping there, Grampa. I'm sure you also twinked uphill both way in 50 feet of snow?
    lmao, I just stated a fact, nothing snow flake about it kiddo
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Twinking in early (and not so early) WoW was a quite hard endeavour, as a matter of fact. If you are unaware, I must conclude that 1) you started playing late in the game, let's say after WoD or 2) you never twinked at all. In either case, you seem to be clueless about the subject.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    It serves a purpose in PvE dungeons and leveling as it helps friends get new players and other friends to level cap on new characters faster, so Twinks in PvE I'd see as a good thing. As far as PvP goes, players who pause XP are matched together in PvP, so you won't run into them if you want to level that way in SL.
    prior to Legion expacs twinks carrying players higher than them did not occur at the level it did. again in BFA expac it continued with 111 twinks. used to see in trade chat

- level 120 players looking for carries thru island, PVP, dailies, etc. from 111 twinks
    - 110-109s looking for power leveling, islands, etc from 111 twinks, after second expac of this trend, almost 3 years later blizzard stepped in with nerfs.

imo, it's a clown show that should not occur, 4 years of ridiculous scaling.

classic wow is up, you don't see requests for level 51 twinks to carry 60s. in TBC you did not see requests for level 61 twinks to carry players thru dailies and isle of quel danas, yes a 61 can get to IOQ, there were level 19s there summoned when patch launched. could continue with WOTLK, CATA, MOP, and WOD, but sure you get the point
    Last edited by pinkz; 2020-06-18 at 04:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayntic View Post
    most likely, but it depends on how they're outphasing everything; azerite, essences, and corruption
    I am curious as to how Corruptions are being phased out. We know that Azerite and Essences are staying since they lack the scaling needed to make it to 60, but Corruption effects? Is that on the PTR?

I don't think we will have quite the same power lvl at 51 as we currently do at 111. Keep in mind that a good bit of the 111 scaling had to do with both a weapon enchant (The Leech weapon enchant, which only provides like 2.5% leech at 120, provides, what was it, 20% at 111?), as well as the Neck scaling (You currently only need ~10 normal Islands to get a lvl all the way up to 80, which provides you with 20% haste, crit, mastery, plus a metric shit-ton of main stats at 111).

As the Shadowlands borrowed power mechanic isn't gear base, it likely won't cause powerful twinks.

However, the necklace scaling does make me wonder - Could you get a lvl 10 character with an ilvl 160 Heart of Azeroth?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    prior to Legion expacs twinks carrying players higher than them did not occur at the level it did. again in BFA expac it continued with 111 twinks. used to see in trade chat

- level 120 players looking for carries thru island, PVP, dailies, etc. from 111 twinks
    - 110-109s looking for power leveling, islands, etc from 111 twinks, after second expac of this trend, almost 3 years later blizzard stepped in with nerfs.

imo, it's a clown show that should not occur, 4 years of ridiculous scaling.

classic wow is up, you don't see requests for level 51 twinks to carry 60s. in TBC you did not see requests for level 61 twinks to carry players thru dailies and isle of quel danas, yes a 61 can get to IOQ, there were level 19s there summoned when patch launched. could continue with WOTLK, CATA, MOP, and WOD, but sure you get the point
    To be honest, it's not the ilvl scaling that causes this in Legion and BfA. It's because everything scales to the players level. Do keep in mind that in Cata->MoP, there were extremely OP BoEs that you'd give to lvl 80/81 characters which would allow them to do more damage and be extremely tanking then even a raid geared 85/90. Especially in MoP, there was that one Paladin who solod Sha of Anger AND even a few of the Mogu'Shan Vault bosses ridiculously fast, purely because he had rediculous stats (On Sha, he used a world item that gave 1500 haste, or the equivalent of 15% haste at 90, which gave him like 400% something Haste and caused him to deal enough damage to kill Sha of Anger before mind control). So technically even more broken in the past, but you didn't see them offering runs because even with uber-buffed stats, a player 10 lvls below max would miss half the time and be crit AND crushed half the time. Now that red-lvl monsters simply don't exist, OP stats can come into play to boost ppl up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    I am curious as to how Corruptions are being phased out. We know that Azerite and Essences are staying since they lack the scaling needed to make it to 60.
    Will they though?
    A recent build on the alpha gave demonology warlocks a passive on their demonic tyrant so it always gives 5 soulshards when you summon it. This is exactly the same effect as Baleful Invocation, an azerite trait, gives.
    If azerite traits stay active, then these two effects will overlap. One would be useless for the remainder of the prepatch. Not that it matters anymore at that point, but it's still weird by design.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Unfortunately, that wouldn't satisfy most WoW PvP players. WoW PvP players want to dominate...they have no interest in actual competitive PvP or they would have jumped ship a long time ago.

And Blizz is more than happy to cater to them. This is why they allow griefing (aka camping low level players by high level toons). It would be trivial to fix (e.g. only allow PvP if within a few levels of each other), but the fact that Blizz doesn't tells you where they stand.

Afaik corrupted gear will no longer drop, but if the gear is below a certain Ilvl you'll be able to use the corruption tokens sold by mother still.
    As for phasing out the azerite neck and essences, it'll be sort of like the legion legendaries, while there won't be a 'cutoff' point in it, how it will work is that the new gear you get will simply end up being a dps increase over the old stuff. Like the WoD ring it will become less and less effective each level until it's a gain just to replace the whole thing.