Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Elemental Elves (New Sub-races)

You wanted more, and it's here.

Elemental Elves

Sub-races of elves who journeyed to the Elemental Plane, bonded with the elements, and now return to Azeroth as ambassadors to their Elemental Lords and their subordinates.

Elemental Elves will be:

New Allied Races!

Elemental Elves will have:

New Racial Talents
    New Customization Options
    New Transmog Armor exclusive to each Elemental Elf Allied Race

FOUR NEW ELEMENTAL ELF SUBRACES.

ICE ELVES:

Or water elves. from the deep depths of The One Sea, Ice Elves are worshippers of Neptulon, and close kin to The Ankoan and jinyu, but enemies and rivals of The Naga, their more grotesquely mutated far cousins. Ice Elves will join The Alliance, and form a close bond to Jaina Proudmoore, and Kul'tiras.

FIRE ELVES

Bearing the scars associated with serving Ragnaros, Fire Elves join The Horde, closely related to the Sin'dorei and looking to bring the powers and knowledge of the Firelands to their Blood Elf brothers. Their hair and full beards appear pre-dominantly ablaze, not unlike Dark Iron Dwarves, with whom they feud.

EARTH ELVES

Also known as Woodland Elves, they are a kin of green-haired Thalassian elves who have dwelled in The Dream, and attuned with nature, bringing both knowledge of The Emerald Dream, and also the first Thalassian Elves to ever master Druidism. They are also even better hunters than Night Elves, and do not hide in the nooks and crannies of Azeroth like savages in the shadows, embracing nature and the earth in perfect attunement. Their Druid forms consist of Lynxes and Tree Ents. They are so in tune with nature, in fact, that they have literal foliage and vines growing out of their hair, and small birds often nestle in their beards. Despite the Earth Elves thinking themselves better than Night Elves, they align with The Alliance, sharing their knowledge of The Dream and their vision of an uncorrupted Azeroth.

SKY ELVES

Holier than thou, no elf is closer to The Light than Sky Elves. Developing Sky Elf culture under servitude of Al'akir before his demise, these winged harbingers of death have targeted humanity for destruction for their misuse of The Light, causing it, as a cosmic force, to become corrupted by man's prayer and actions. Sky Elves are tasked with culling human kind, The Light's most imperfect worshippers, and have found allies in The Horde to carry out their master plan, originally conceived by Al'akir.

---

What do you think? Do you like the concept? Hate it? Like some, hate other aspects? Would these be elf sub-races you'd like to play, or see integrated under existing Allied Races?
    Last edited by Kyphael; 2020-03-04 at 05:23 AM.

Look, I like elves, but...no. Pls no. At best this should just be filed under 'more barber options' and not seperate races/sub-races/allied races.

It almost sounded legit ideas but then the wood elves entered the fray.

Too much LotR in that one...Title 'the Brown' missing.

Sky Elf sounds like an amazing idea, no joke. I love those holier than thou angel villains, so it would be great to have the opportunity to play one. Though I suppose the void elf with the heritage armor wings looks close enough to a fallen angel.

Although, sorry, but the Sky Elves should 100% be in the Alliance. Maybe they could be introduced if Yrel joins them or something crazy like that.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by fathom81 View Post
    It almost sounded legit ideas but then the wood elves entered the fray.

Too much LotR in that one...Title 'the Brown' missing.
    Duly noted. Tongue-in-cheek reference removed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Sky Elf sounds like an amazing idea, no joke. I love those holier than thou angel villains, so it would be great to have the opportunity to play one. Though I suppose the void elf with the heritage armor wings looks close enough to a fallen angel.

Although, sorry, but the Sky Elves should 100% be in the Alliance. Maybe they could be introduced if Yrel joins them or something crazy like that.
    I thought of that, but angels seem like such a perfect adversary for man, if you watched The Prophecy with Christopher Walken, that would be my idea of Sky Elves. I also went with the concept that Neptulon/Therazane are like the "good" elementals, and Fire/Air were more chaos, so Horde-like, Winged Elves trying to judge mankind just seemed like the perfect foil, and they could still be aligned with Yrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    ELVES!
    NO!

Feel shame!

They should rather focus on elves that already exist then creating even more sub races.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Duly noted. Tongue-in-cheek reference removed.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought of that, but angels seem like such a perfect adversary for man, if you watched The Prophecy with Christopher Walken, that would be my idea of Sky Elves. I also went with the concept that Neptulon/Therazane are like the "good" elementals, and Fire/Air were more chaos, so Horde-like, Winged Elves trying to judge mankind just seemed like the perfect foil, and they could still be aligned with Yrel.
    I like the concept, but I feel a few things could be improved
    1) if anything the "good" elemental races should go Horde as they have more synergy with the elements, and Alliance could use some chaotic races
    2) having Sky Elves be light worshippers feels wrong for a native of Skywall, it just sounds more like the light equivilant to a Faceless, not a elemental
    3) your Earth elves idea has 0 to do with the elemental plane, Earth elementals live in a giant Cavern not the emerald dream, also the whole Night Elves but better is just plain terrible and disrespectful to fans of NEs, and Alliance has already gotten enough Alliance race+ for allied races, if I were you I'd consider a complete redesign for them

I can't believe I am even entertaining the idea, but threads like these make me consider if Garithos maybe had a point

No. There are already far too many.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    I like the concept, but I feel a few things could be improved
    1) if anything the "good" elemental races should go Horde as they have more synergy with the elements, and Alliance could use some chaotic races
    2) having Sky Elves be light worshippers feels wrong for a native of Skywall, it just sounds more like the light equivilant to a Faceless, not a elemental
    3) your Earth elves idea has 0 to do with the elemental plane, Earth elementals live in a giant Cavern not the emerald dream, also the whole Night Elves but better is just plain terrible and disrespectful to fans of NEs, and Alliance has already gotten enough Alliance race+ for allied races, if I were you I'd consider a complete redesign for them
    Funnily enough, my original concept for Earth elves consisted of them having a cruder physique, and more in tune with earth rather than wood elves. I just got carried away with the artwork and the idea of Thalassian elves mastering druidism, but I agree, I might tweak those a bit.

Making Sky Elves borderline zealots kind was meant as kind of just a bonus to their aesthetic. They have wings, which makes them pseudo-angelic, but they would get their architecture, armor, and racial abilities due to their relation to Skywall, Al'akir, and the element of Air in general. The zealotry is just meant to be a bonus. As for faction alignment, I can see your argument and point. The Alliance could use more chaos, and Elemental Elves in Horde is logical, but Alliance has Shamans now too, so I guess the argument can be made for both factions.

5+ Year Old Account
    go away!!

!

7+ Year Old Account
    Jesus christ, is this a joke? what about no, the game is full of elves already, what is this, a korean mmo?

We could have a race of elemental humanoids, for sure, like the genesai in dungeon and dragons, but for fucks sake, why it have to be "elemental elves"? for the extra cringe?

aw man, i can't take this fanbase

Dude are you wanting to take the spot of Ravenmoon on this topics? Also

Quote Originally Posted by Paraka View Post
    NO!

Feel shame!
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

I got racial abilities!

Ice Elves: Absolute Zero - Unleash a spiraling cold to all enemies within 8 yards, paralyzing them for 6 seconds.

Fire Elves: Torrent of Fire - Snap your fingers, unleashing a cone of flames that blows all targets 6 yards in front of you back and stunning them for 3 seconds.

Earth Elves: Stone-blood - Tap into the Earth's power core, turning your life blood to stone, making you immune to all stuns and damage for 4 seconds.

Sky Elves: Airborne - Spread your wings, and leap through the air toward a target location, unleashing blow back as you land (10.6266% of Attack power) Physical damage to all enemies within 6 yards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I think this is pretty creative, all in all. I like the artwork, and the abilities are also pretty cool and unique. It'd be interesting how the Sky Elf one translated to an in-game combat animation. The Fire Elf racial would also make for a good re-use of Wrathion's idle pose:

"We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Bird feces in the beards of the earth elves... get rid of that part.

15+ Year Old Account
    I legit, unironically want Ogre in as next allied horde race. Options for single head, siamese twin heads, normal eyes, cyclops, alternating, etc.

More elves is milking it too hard.

Quote Originally Posted by msdos View Post
    I legit, unironically want Ogre in as next allied horde race. Options for single head, siamese twin heads, normal eyes, cyclops, alternating, etc.

More elves is milking it too hard.
    I'm so fucking serious, if they dont allow us to customize both heads, helm mog and all, ima be pissed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Part of me, want half elves to be playable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting....but get rid of the bird doodoo.