Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    Sounds like the last people you'd want enforcing peace on the streets.
    Ok, so police are only able to use self defense after they have been killed, got it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Ok, so police are only able to use self defense after they have been killed, got it.
    Tasers continue to be lethal and non-lethal at the same time, apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought they were in pairs for a reason.
    Most places only have one officer per car.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    People have argued themselves into the position of "don't call the police on drunk drivers because they might get killed." I don't get it.
    It's called mental illness. They're too far gone to even entertain the idea that thoughts like those arr completely off what the average person thinks regarding police interactions.
    [Infraction]
    Last edited by Rozz; 2020-06-16 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Minor Trolling

Using mental illness as a tool to beat back ideas you disagree with seems pretty low even for you.
    That's how the average person reacts when they see what you've been saying in this thread. Nobody actually takes you seriously, most refrain from even posting out of pity

I'm glad you've not come in here with a pretext of actually having an argument. Skipping right to attacking people saves a lot of time of you trying to justify excessive violence in the face of basically everyone involved.
    Why bother interacting when you already know the pointless conversation that will result from it. He's 100% correct, most people would react the same because they prefer to live in an ordered world instead of the chaotic pretend one that you think will make things better. If this wasn't the case then more than 0.5% of the population would have been on the street protesting.

If the turnout of a protest was any actual metric for the support of a cause then surely youd take into account it's the middle of a pandemic lol
    No, I wouldn't. Every protest I've witnessed in my life has been an almost negligible turnout in relation to the population of the city/state/country that might be involved in said disagreement. I've been reflecting on whats been happening over the last few weeks and I can only draw one conclusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Yeah, thanks for proving you do not understand how 911 works.

- - - Updated - - -

Another person that doesn't understand how 9-1-1 works.
    Tell me is he alive or dead? Because offering to get them an Uber would have kept them alive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    No, I wouldn't. Every protest I've witnessed in my life has been an almost negligible turnout in relation to the population of the city/state/country that might be involved in said disagreement. I've been reflecting on whats been happening over the last few weeks and I can only draw one conclusion.

Who is this for? The cops? I mean it would be nice if they stopped breaking the law.

You know there is a problem when 40% of them are domestic abusers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Most defensive shootings are based on what might happen, not what ends up happening.
    An unarmed man running with his back to police...(unarmed because tasers only have one shot which was spent)

At this point he has no weapon and is running and is shot in the back and killed....

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Tell me is he alive or dead? Because offering to get them an Uber would have kept them alive.

- - - Updated - - -

Who is this for? The cops? I mean it would be nice if they stopped breaking the law.

- - - Updated - - -

An unarmed man running with his back to police...(unarmed because tasers only have one shot which was spent)

At this point he has no weapon and is running and is shot in the back and killed....
    A man that resisted arrest and ran from the police after stealing something from them that could be perceived as a gun while pointing it at them.

1. Don't resist arrest
    2. Don't run from the police
    3. Don't steal from the police
    4. Don't point gun looking objects at the police

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    A man that resisted arrest and ran from the police after stealing something from them that could be perceived as a gun while pointing it at them.

1. Don't resist arrest
    Do you think the people calling the cops on a dude sleeping in a car, resulting in witnessing his death... will ever call the cops for any crime?

Edit: wait... did you just claim that the cop could have perceived the taser stolen from him, to be a gun? How dumb are you suggesting this cop is? Because if he murdered someone, for perceiving their taser turned into a gun... the cop murdered the guy, because the cop is a moron.
    Last edited by Felya; 2020-06-16 at 02:18 PM.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post

1. Don't resist arrest
    So you’re saying the COP DOESNT KNOW WHAT was taken? Being he has a gun and a taser. If he doesn’t have his taser it means the perp doesn’t have his gun. Also do you expect drunk people to act rationally??? They are drunk they have little reason to behave rationally because they really can’t. As Noah pointed out you can’t sign contracts when drunk yet people expect people to behave perfectly as though they’re sober. When they’re not. Running from police isn’t a death sentence do you think it is okay for cops to shoot anyone for runs unarmed???

Oh so now we are shifting the blame to the employees at Wendy's and not the dude that was not inebriated, to begin with?

If he doesn't drink and drive or whatever and drive he is not in this situation.

I do agree the police should not have shot him. That's the whole point of everything isn't it? The police not shooting to begin within this situation?

How you make the jump to blaming it all on Wendy's employees who call in is really baffling.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    He broke the law. It is a citizens duty to call the police if someone is breaking the law. They did the right thing by calling the cops, and the cops fucked it up. Had they let him go on his merry way, he could have killed someone else or himself because he was impaired.

No, he didn't deserve to get shot, it's absolutely stupid that the cop felt the need to pull a gun on a drunk guy. Drunk people are only a threat to themselves when they aren't driving. He eventually would have fallen on his face from being so drunk, your balance is out of whack like everything else when you are hammered. They could have apprehended the guy without shooting him, had they used their brains.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    He broke the law. It is a citizens duty to call the police if someone is breaking the law. They did the right thing by calling the cops, and the cops fucked it up. Had they let him go on his merry way, he could have killed someone else or himself because he was impaired.

No, he didn't deserve to get shot, it's absolutely stupid that the cop felt the need to pull a gun on a drunk guy. Drunk people are only a threat to themselves when they aren't driving. He eventually would have fallen on his face from being so drunk, your balance is out of whack like everything else when you are hammered. They could have apprehended the guy without shooting him, had they used their brains.
    Which law did he break exactly???? Stopping and sleeping because they couldn’t drive isnt breaking the law.

Which law did he break exactly???? Stopping and sleeping because they couldn’t drive isnt breaking the law.
    ...Drinking and driving?
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    ...Drinking and driving?
    You can drive while sleeping?

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Reaction times, do try to keep reality in mind.....

Truly, the last few pages in this thread have been insane. I seriously question whether some of you have ever been outside.
    What do you do if not call cops on someone in a running car, blocking driveway, who looks like he is drunk? Call paramedics? Really???
    It is almost guaranteed that 911 dispatch will send you cops first, unless you report and actualy medical emergency right away (like the person is convulsing, for example).

Next you are gonna call for the Wendy's employee to be arrested as accomplice in murder... Oh, wait, you are already close to doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    You can drive while sleeping?
    Yes. What, surprised? xD

Thankfully wheels were turned to the left in this case...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Truly, the last few pages in this thread have been insane. I seriously question whether some of you have ever been outside.
    What do you do if not call cops on someone in a running car, blocking driveway, who looks like he is drunk? Call paramedics? Really???
    It is almost guaranteed that 911 dispatch will send you cops first, unless you report and actualy medical emergency right away (like the person is convulsing, for example).

Next you are gonna call for the Wendy's employee to be arrested as accomplice in murder... Oh, wait, you are already close to doing it.
    '
    If the cops are as bloodthirsty as in the US, yeah you dont call cops on people sleeping in cars.
    Your Wendies is not more important than life.

Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    '
    If the cops are as bloodthirsty as in the US, yeah you dont call cops on people sleeping in cars.
    Your Wendies is not more important than life.
    1. Nice of you to ignore the video. Tell me, what paramedics would have done in that case?
    2. Cops will be called everywhere in the world. Yes, even in the Russia. Because running car blocking a driveway with a driver who looks like he has fallen asleep (thus with a high chance of DUI) is a safety risk.

Your fantasy lalala land does not exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.