Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Refering to small, elite part of the US as "the citizens" seems ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Who knew being greedy bastards would get some people pissed at you.
    Are you fucking over the proletariat again comrade? Because its the small business that will need to close down after the looting and coronavirus. And the big corperations will fill the gap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    That is why riots -are- the answer. Burn it all down until you get the government on it's knees including the 'moderate citizens' who condemn you for the needed change.
    especially your house and that of your family right?

Republicans showing why they vote republican: they're a fearful lot. They're afraid of imaginary boogeymen.

speaking of Business.
    Businesses sue Seattle over 'occupied' protest zone
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/businesse...015056941.html

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    That you think the protests are exclusively about George Floyd shows that you really have a poor understanding of... everything going on, really.

So this is about some a conspiracy theory where the left believes the system is racist against black people? It's not gay frogs but it gets close.
    and they call the right deranged for believing in conspiracy theories.

Here's the WAPO database to police shootings. https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...ings-database/
    By adding the search terms, black, and 2019 we can see how many were killed by the police. Total of 14 unarmed black men. How many unarmed white men? 25. Sounds like a war on white people to me.

Does this sound like the systematic extermination of black people? When more white people were shot by police than black it's pretty obvious that the media is playing up a false narrative.

Could you make an argument for more police accountability and a public record for every death? Sure. I'd be on board for that.

But he still did it.

How many "I don't support what Trump did BUTs..." do people have to have before they decide that maybe Trump isn't worth supporting at all?
    Name a politican that you agree with 100% of the time with anything they do or say. Someone who you've never criticized or had a negative thought. Go on, we'll wait.

Is this the Trumpkin way? To cite some article that they have some vague notion might support their argument, hope that the person doesn't read it, and then chalk that up as "a win?"

Because you picked the wrong fucker to try and cloy with in that regard. I once argued the economic solvency of soybean farmers vis-a-vis the price per acre earnings of soybeans and how much it would take for them to plausibly afford a combine with which to harvest the soybeans. And that wasn't for some college agrarian studies course or somesuch, it was in some pissant thread on these forums.

The article is literally titled "Peaceful Protestors Tear-Gassed." As in... they were not violent, they were not hurling bricks, bottles or harmful substances. There was nothing for the tear gas to STOP, other than people professing their disdain for Trump. Absolutely NOTHING in that article supports an iota of what you asserted. In fact, it almost squarely refutes it.

And I don't really care if you do go on to find some stinted right-wing article that maybe tangentially supports that Trump was "plausibly in danger from a certain point of view." I want to know why you posted THAT article that directly counteracts your own claim.
    Maybe you should walk unarmed into an angry mob and politely ask them to leave the area or move about 100 feet that way, see how that works out for you.

As more of an aside, I hope you aren't a religious man or think that Trump represents some sort of idealization of Christian values, because BOY do the church officials in that article have some scathing words about Trump's conduct.

good for you on your arguing skills, but your argument seems to be emotional, not factual.

There isn't any case of police racism, just a myth. If you can provide some actual figures that back up your narrative I would be happy to reconsider my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    good for you on your arguing skills, but your argument seems to be emotional, not factual.

There isn't any case of police racism, just a myth. If you can provide some actual figures that back up your narrative I would be happy to reconsider my opinion.
    Why did you cite an article that directly contradicted what you claimed?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    A communist that doesn't understand business... what a shock.. Everything in business is connected. Destroy the buissness you don't have jobs. No jobs equals no tax money for the city. It's not difficult to grasp
    You don't need private enterprise to have jobs. I don't think you understand communism.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    They should. Freeattle handled that whole thing badly. Seattle should at least pay their rents and damages that the LARPers caused. Seattle left them high and dry because their mayor was spineless.
    Is LARPER now the new go-to insult by the right for anybody they don't like?

It isn't retarded, it's fully practical and efficient.

The US government hasn't ever been so quick to respond and to promises changes than during the past few weeks. If anything it has shown that riots are extremely useful and does make the government obey quickly.
    No the democratic has been accommodating your nonsense for some time now. The republicans are just rolling their eyes and watch the left self-destruct.

- - - Updated - - -

Is LARPER now the new go-to insult by the right for anybody they don't like?
    No just communist larpers that are from the upper middle class that dictate what is good for the working class

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DKjaigen View Post
    No just communist larpers that are from the upper middle class that dictate what is good for the working class
    Yeah, everybody protesting is upper middle class, the working class in the US is doing fine, and no black people are part of it!

And who cares about what the republicans think? Literal criminals who wouldn't be able to win any elections without voter fraud, suppression or breaking the law?

Personally I prefer hooligans burning down shops in the streets as criminals over republican politicians who rob the country at every turn for personal gain as criminals.
    You will care when the people you fucked over with these stupid riots vote Trump in November. And you are burning down your own houses and streets btw and I don't mind seeing left-wingers living in poverty because of their own stupidity

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, everybody protesting is upper middle class, the working class in the US is doing fine, and no black people are part of it!
    You don't speak for the working class. And neither did comrade Berny that's why he got his ass handed over to him by a senile corporatist

10+ Year Old Account

You don't speak for the working class. And neither did comrade Berny that's why he got his ass handed over to him by a senile corporatist
    Nobody does, what is your point?

But hey, you prefer somebody who loves to fuck over the working class, so idea where you're even going with this.
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2020-06-25 at 12:14 PM.

Nobody does, what is your point?

But hey, you prefer somebody who loves to fuck over the working class, so idea where you're even going with this.
    How so? or are you talking out of your ass again? I will remind you that the working class voted Trump into power 2016.

- - - Updated - - -

Good luck with that.

If anything these riots have been hurting Trump's chances at re-election.
    If you say so.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josuke View Post
    It's pretty clear that no fair elections will be taking place in the US.

Are you american? The founding fathers would be so disappointed.
    A country with two of the most corrupt, self serving political parties in the world will never have "fair elections" because they'll never truly represent the will of the people since neither fully represents what people want or need.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    This is a Tiger Rock argument.

I'll sell you this Tiger Rock for $3 billion. It prevents most tiger attacks. Just look around! How many tigers do you see attacking people! A few, but barely any! Clearly, Tiger Rock works and is worth the $3 billion.

Figure chosen because that's what the LAPD is costing per annum.
    This is gold. I am certain you are a master financial analyst specializing in what it takes to police a city of 10 million. That's a $300 cost per resident (not counting illegals) to maintain a police force. Chicago spends about $620/resident, NYC spends $1297/resident, Phoenix spends $434/resident, Portland OR is at $381/resident, and Seattle spends $487/resident.

If anything, LA spends WAY less per person than most other major cities. These budgets also involve cars, gas, supplies, outreach programs, training, pension, medical insurance, and any other physical cost of the job you can think of. Police nationwide respond to over 50 million interactions annually. It's absolutely absurd and misleading to pretend that they are as useful as a "lucky rock" or whatever bullshit you are peddling, and even more absurd for you to pretend like you know literally anything about how to distribute and make use of their funds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    A country with two of the most corrupt, self serving political parties in the world will never have "fair elections" because they'll never truly represent the will of the people since neither fully represents what people want or need.
    It takes a long time to turn a ship the size of the country, and most the people on this ship are uninterested in politics or too uneducated or unable to comprehend politics. The people don't even know what they want or need, and we aren't educating children in a way to help them figure that out. I stand by that the best method is to decentralize the power of the country back towards the states and local government. Too many people are too zoomed out and thinking of us as one country, when we were designed to be a collective as opposed to a singularity. The United States is designed to be a plural noun, and not a singular. People know and care way more about who our president is and don't even know the names of their local representatives, and it should be closer to the opposite.

It's the same problem as trickle down economics. Our foundation is crashing because we just keep trying to build from the top down instead of building a strong foundation and letting that strength and stability rise to the upper levels naturally. We don't have a dictator, and our president is not all powerful. Our local elected representatives are where the butterfly effect begins and then resonates to the top.
    “Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner.”
    ― Lao Tzu

7+ Year Old Account
    You will care when the people you fucked over with these stupid riots vote Trump in November. And you are burning down your own houses and streets btw and I don't mind seeing left-wingers living in poverty because of their own stupidity.
    That's why this is a lose-lose situation for all the vandals and rioters around the country. Either they inspire people to vote for Trump or Biden wins but is set back by the economic damage and disruption caused by all of the urban chaos.The people thinking "this'll cause positive societal change" are not thinking properly.

5+ Year Old Account
    Couldn't have said it better myself

Another shooting in CHAZ leaves one teenager dead and another critically wounded.

https://komonews.com/news/local/2-cr...near-chop-area

Quote Originally Posted by Rethul Ur No View Post
    Another shooting in CHAZ leaves one teenager dead and another critically wounded.

https://komonews.com/news/local/2-cr...near-chop-area
    impossible. the mayor told us this is the summer of love
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    impossible. the mayor told us this is the summer of love
    Yeah, murder does not happen anywhere else in the US.

"If we murder enough black people in the area, then we'll have an excuse to send the cops back in."

Yeah, murder does not happen anywhere else in the US.
    That's cute. You don't have an actual answer so you resort the liberal standard "no you" argument.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano