Page 47 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Also with Malfurion giving himself Up to allow Ysera back to Azeroth could the same happen to Kael'thas and lor'themar?
    Ysera came back only because she was in Ardenweald, which is about bringing nature spirits back to life through rebirth. Her time on Azeroth is also limited, she will need to return to Shadowlands eventually.

Kael is not in Ardenweald. He is not nature spirit. He is Revendreth and is attoning for his sins. It was implied by Prince Renathal that he shows promise, so he will most likely become venthyr and new Harvester.

Dead should stay dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Ysera came back only because she was in Ardenweald, which is about bringing nature spirits back to life through rebirth. Her time on Azeroth is also limited, she will need to return to Shadowlands eventually.

Kael is not in Ardenweald. He is not nature spirit. He is Revendreth and is attoning for his sins. It was implied by Prince Renathal that he shows promise, so he will most likely become venthyr and new Harvester.

Dead should stay dead.
    I don't know why they keep wanting us to go back to the Faillands.

Can we erase it from ever existing?

Dead should stay dead.
    No. Dead should come back. To hell with Bob. Nobody wants him. Kael'thas is our true leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    I don't know why they keep wanting us to go back to the Faillands.

Can we erase it from ever existing?
    Agreed, any portal to Shadowlands should be closed forever. Some limited interactions with Emerald Dream and Ardenweald once in a while is OK I guess, but that is all.

Kael'thas story is over now. He got his kind of redemption by realizing what he brought upon sin'dorei and being willing to pay for his sins.
    The only thing I'd like to see was his meeting with Lor'themar. He could bring word of Kael's atonement to Silvermoon... It is not that much necessary though, blood elves seem be over Sunstrider legacy for some time now.

No. Dead should come back. To hell with Bob. Nobody wants him. Kael'thas is our true leader.
    No. Faillands and the Janitor (very apt name @Varodoc) should be forever forgotten, forever closed and no possible way of going back.
    Ysera being brought back is already an insult and we don't need crazy Bob Sunstrider back. I am a Blood Elf fan and I can say that I survived without him since the end of W3 - I don't need him back now.

Agreed, any portal to Shadowlands should be closed forever. Some limited interactions with Emerald Dream and Ardenweald once in a while is OK I guess, but that is all.

Kael'thas story is over now. He got his kind of redemption by realizing what he brought upon sin'dorei and being willing to pay for his sins.
    The only thing I'd like to see was his meeting with Lor'themar. He could bring word of Kael's atonement to Silvermoon... It is not that much necessary though, blood elves seem be over Sunstrider legacy for some time now.
    Maybe. Perhaps it was intended to be in the game, but due to how bad Faillands is and how bad the Janitor and the Stick-men are (Eternals apparently), I am good with just forgetting about the Faillands and hope they remain forgotten. It's bad enough going there to revive Ysera.
    I hope Tyrande is right and that the connection between the Faillands and Azeroth is becoming more difficult. That way, in the lore, we won't ever see it again - it'll just be through gameplay to farm transmogs.
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2023-03-12 at 12:12 PM.

No. Faillands and the Janitor (very apt name @Varodoc) should be forever forgotten, forever closed and no possible way of going back.
    Ysera being brought back is already an insult and we don't need crazy Bob Sunstrider back. I am a Blood Elf fan and I can say that I survived without him since the end of W3 - I don't need him back now.
    True blood elves fans love him. Lor'themar is nothing. Just a guy with a bow. But Kael'thas is a powerful mage in the same level as Jaina.

- - - Updated - - -

Kael'thas did nothing wrong. The blood elves who sided with the Naaru are the true traitors.

True blood elves fans love him. Lor'themar is nothing. Just a guy with a bow. But Kael'thas is a powerful mage in the same level as Jaina.
    No - only those who want to go back to W3 love him.
    Majority of us have moved on from him and he needs to stay in the Faillands with the Janitor Stick Man and the other Stick Men, never to see the lore again.

Majority of us have moved on from him and he needs to stay in the Faillands with the Janitor Stick Man and the other Stick Men, never to see the lore again.
    Warcraft 3 was the best story telling of the franchise. WoW is a failure. So Kael > lor'themar all day.

Warcraft 3 was the best story telling of the franchise. WoW is a failure. So Kael > lor'themar all day.
    It's also over and finished now.
    So move on from it.

It's also over and finished now.
    So move on from it.
    It is not over as long as I protest. TBC ruined the blood elf story. It needs to be fixed.

It is not over as long as I protest. TBC ruined the blood elf story. It needs to be fixed.
    And your just one man...who has a record of threatening Blizzard employees...nobody will ever listen to you (thank god, tbh.)

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I think blood elves should put emphasis on Fel, as they were the only race to fully control it. Maybe Kael'thas can help them in that development.
    Yes, yes, YES PLEASE! I made a blood elf back in TBC because I LOVED and still love the whole concept of how they embraced/learned to control fel. The fact they have played down that and other aspects of the original BE's is so infuriating.

I know you won't like it, but I believe Blizz has taken blood elves to the direction of the light worshipping race on the Horde, which is probably going to be the most significant part of blood elven identity now. Unfortunately, the spark blood elves had back in TBC now belongs to void elves. Blood elves are now more fancy humans on the Horde side. Let's see what Kael will bring in SL.
    Except Tauren are light worshippers too so the whole idea of BE's being special because of being the Horde light worshippers isn't really legit unless you start making pedantic inane arguments like "WeLl ThEy AcTuAlLy WoRsHiP tHe SuN!"

They can just as easily take blood elves BACK in the direction of the fel-manipulators people originally fell in love with. Being both pragmatic fel-mages and blood mages as well as light worshippers would be an interesting dichotomy for the race's lore. There is no good reason Void elves should have exclusive aspect to that spark you refer to. (Which is basically just reckless, exploitative, controlling and aggressive cultural tendencies and magic practices and maybe a bit of borderline vampirism)

Well, Kael is one of those unique characters. For most of his life, he was powerful mage. In his last years, he become in touch with Fel a demon magic, which is clearly a warlock thing, but he still kept his significant mage abilities, like Pyroblast. I view him as a combination of warlock and mage.

You know, the biggest issue here is the Sunwell. While it is generally good elves got it restored, it made the whole story of thalassians difficult. Blood elves lost their appeal as a race desperate enough to dabble into dark magics to sustain themselves. I loved original Blood Knights. They were perfect opposition to standard paladin orders, which Blood Knights viewed as proud, self-righteous and unable to act. They openly mocked them and were eager to show them their hypocrisy. Now, they joined them and became the most devout followers of the Light.

I think Sunwell should be destroyed again. It's a pitty BfA didn't come to this. Datamined Eversong Warfront promised so many things.
    Glad there's someone out there who shares my views on how Blizzard has handled the Blood Knights and blood elves as a whole. Yes. The Sunwell needs to be destroyed or somehow written so that it no longer is the all-encompassing salvation that it was portrayed as.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowtwili View Post
    Partial agree. I agree that the blood elves should be given more emphasis on their TBC aspects as a whole, their entire society changed and then they got the Sunwell back and suddenly al the Fel-users or those that bend the Light to their will dissappeared? I have my doubts.

BUT, the blood elves never "controlled" Fel better then the orcs or other races did, those that overfed still became evil demonic biengs that turned against their people within a heartbeat.

That aside, I would love to see Felblood elf customisation options for the blood elves, to make them more unique compared to the void elves now that the most major difference (skin colour) is dissappearing.
    They DEFINITELY controlled fel better than other races. The blood elves that turned demonic weren't simply feeding on fel energy. They consumed raw demon blood. Lots of it. And that was a smaller subset than of the Orcs or any race that had messed around with Fel.

Totally agree... give me Felblood elf customization.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    if you want to play as a blood elf from the illidan forces of wc3 those are the DH
    You sure use a lot of words when what you should just say "actual blood elf"

it's called story development! blood elves have a story and it is a story that many people like!
    if you want to play with corrupt elves with power-hungry dark powers who go crazy listening to voices of evil beings you can play with a void elf who they are former blood elves
    No it isn't story development. It's plot regression. The abomination you call a story for the blood elves is disgusting. More people dislike the handling of the blood elves' story than those that like it. The rest just don't care.

You like the idea of blood elves basically ending up as High Elves who got an addiction, went to an AA meeting and accepted a higher power. That's you. That's not good writing. That's cliche, milquetoast, and lacking in intrigue or real conflict.

We don't just want power-hungry elves with dark powers. We want power-hungry elves with chaotic DEMON powers because we love that fel-green light and demon aesthetic damn it. We don't want them going crazy listening to voices of evil beings like weak-minded simpletons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    The Void Elf shtick is about how they are good guys despite using these evil powers blah blah blah boring. From the responses I see among most Blood Elf fans (and even some who don't like Elves) most of them actually want them to return to their TBC state. In fact, I daresay people wanting to play lawful boring cardboards are the minority here.
    It's like a dream. People finally echoing the shit I've been saying for nearly A GOD DAMN DECADE. How the hell the dillweeds who wanted Blood elves to be lawful-good got their way is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    You had a homophobic attack on a video game that made you never want to make one again? As in someone said something mean and you stopped playing them? Gosh if only us LGBT folk got off so easy I did see an interview where the male blood elf voice was actually a gay voice actor, but in game there’s little to no gay representation. Maybe that’s why some of us identify with the blood elves others revile.

Attempting to take this away from the gay stuff, though, there’s so much more to the voice than stereotypical gay voice things. I’ve always imagined, like ravenmoon, that the Blood Elves were high society rich folk who both thought they were better and knew they were better than others, so they spoke as such. Their idle stance even gives them an air of superiority, while the female stance can’t believe she’s still standing there dealing with y’all.
    The thing is back when they were released, homophobia as a means of insulting people you don't like was fair game. Blood elves were overpopulated and many playing blood elves were annoying kids and arrogant jerks, which on top of people generally not liking high society rich folk thus making blood elves themselves easy to dislike, all sorta clumped together to make a lot of piles of garbage call blood elves gay.

you can see how they get more and more crazy on the expeditions and some of them joined nzoth.

they are playing with dark and very dangerous powers, you want to play with an elf that uses dark powers those are your boys
    We... don't like... VOID. Tentacles are fucking lame. Dark blue and black is lame. Blood elves being basically just high elves is LAME. Going insane because Mr. Void whispered to loud at you is just plain stupid and does not give TBC blood elf fans what they want AT ALL. How are you not getting this?!

It is true that blood elves are mainly light elves (I like to think that beloredorei can be translated as light elf) but that is fine for me, it differentiates them from void elves
    Beloredorei....? First of all that sounds awful. Second, belore means sun. Not Light. But I get that you could be making it a figurative translation. Children of the Sun is neat. But that means you should be looking for your own little allied race or just rping. Not wanting the lore for be's to remain bastardized at the expense of the fans of actual blood elves as they were intended in their concept art.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinhart11 View Post
    The only true and proper Blood Elves in my book are the ones from TFT and for the most part BC, before that nonsensical betrayal by Kaelthas, the whole redemption story and the restoration of the Sunwell. Currently the "Blood Elves" in BfA are nothing more than a bland, homogenized mix of High/Light Elves without any interesting features. In the Light department, they are more or less acting like human light users, arcane doesn't play a large part anymore, blood magic(the Anima-blood magic, not to be confused with the fel and arcance using Blood Mages like Kaelthas was) and the Farstrider aspects are negligable and nothing comes of it.

Just compare the Blood Knights from BC with the Blood Knights in BfA. Superior isn't nearly the proper word to use for the former compared to the latter.

Just compare the Blood Mages like Kaelthas with the underdeveloped boring characters that are the Blood Elf mages or warlocks(a proper Blood Elf warlock or Blood Mage character doesn't even exist anymore) of today, mostly represented by Rommath. The only half interesting stuff this character gets are some snarky comments and attitude and thats about it. Its pretty sad that Rommath in its current form is the best character the Blood Elves have to offer. And Aethas. But i don't even want to talk about this absolute disgrace. Even Baine looks somewhat good and acceptable compared to this pile of crap of a character.

Blizzard has completely fucked the Blood Elves big time. There is nothing that really connects them with their origianl concept anymore.
    Another person preaching my gospel... why haven't we gathered and mobbed Blizz HQ?

Quote Originally Posted by Starla View Post
    This.
    Blood Elves have not lost their personality and culture just because our story has evolved and hopefully is still evolving.
    Actually, they HAVE lost their personality because their story has evolved. Or more like devolved. Their story regressed into slightly more light worship-focused high elves with no real flavor or difference from high elves. That's ridiculous to think that's good writing to have Blood elves be more or less indistinct. Your profile pic is literally indiscernible from a high elf physically, and you are quoting and agreeing with a guy who has more or less admitted to not caring about blood elves as much as wanting a race of Sun Elves or Light Elves at the expense of those of us who appreciated the personality of actual blood elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    I'm personally fine with our path of the light, but as long as they keep it the way it was represented in TBC with the Blood Knights, now I know we can't go back to the "Darkest" Blood Knights of those days, siphoning Naaru and such. But being a bit hardcore...more Imperial version of the light? I can definitely get behind that! I've always seen the Sin'dorei as the more "Imperial" version of what the Humans have to offer, so keeping up with that theme I don't see it as that bad of a part of the Horde!
    The Blood elve's current subservient path with the light is an abomination. You should be ashamed to think anything else as a blood elf fan... But at least you acknowledge the badassery of the OG BK's.

And actually... we could technically go back to those darkest days of blood knights siphoning from Naaru. If there turns out to be an Army of the Light invasion with authoritarian Naaru and/or the blood elves lose the Sunwell... blood elves would not have qualms about going back to their old ways if they feel betrayed by the light once again.

Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post

But regarding Felblood Elves... even discarding their chances of surviving so long in the world after Sunwell Plateau... wouldn't their presence endanger the Sunwell like the Void Elves were suspected/theorized to be able to, by Rommath ? I mean, the Sunwell is Light but also Arcane and the Fel is the anti-thesis/corruption of Arcane right ? Shouldn't it mean that fel users/infused persons would be banned from the Sunwell ? And how would it jive with those BE who did take to the Fel to survive all those years ago? How do they react to suddenly being denied a pilgrimage to their holiest place ?
    (No need to discard the chances of surviving long after Sunwell Plateau. New Felbloods could come into existence to this very day theoretically.)

Your question is valid but I am not sure Arcane and Fel interact quite the same way Light and Void do. Although if they do, you do give an interesting suggestion for a direction Blizz could take the writing.

I think it would be cool if Eldre'thalas, shared between Highborne, high elves and void elves, explored connections between nature, arcane and void. Suramar should be focusing primarily on Arcane, with Nightborne being the finest Arcane spellcasters around, and Silvermoon discovering Arcane and Light.
    and Silvermoon discovering Arcane, Light, and fel. (and also blood. But blood magic is similar to fel so it makes sense they'd research both)

they need to eat people to live clearly that's bad and i don't want evil cannibal monsters joining the horde we've had enough villain shit
    Oh, the way you think really does embody everything I hate. The horde needs at least a small bit of villainy in it to keep it interesting and keep some conflict alive. To keep the War in Warcraft. Admittedly so does the Alliance. But I'll take it where I can get it and the Horde is good for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    Arcane golem powered by fel crystyals...

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post

But Quel'thalas is alliance themed.
    Says who?

Majority of us? Who says you get to speak for the majority? I miss Kael as well.

And your just one man...who has a record of threatening Blizzard employees...nobody will ever listen to you (thank god, tbh.)
    I'll listen to him. And if you read any of the posts early in this thread... I am not the only one. MANY agree the way TBC turned out ruined the blood elves' story. Regardless of Graz's unethical treatment of Blizz employees (who admittedly I am biased against, and think they are mostly terrible people who deserve any mistreatment that comes their way) what he says is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Efcharisto View Post

Says who?
    Short Explanation
    Quel'thalas is a typical alliance zone, a full-on zenith of everything the alliance (back then and now) is based upon.

Full Explanation
    You have to understand they WANTED the alliance on the horde, (the alliance theme is what most of their playerbase could relate to and they figured this is why they were far more popular and largely played) but didn't want to put humans (the faction founding race nor share them to keep the factions (at that time) still race distinct), so gave high elves (who weren’t playable yet), the other bedrock member. You get all the alliance imagery, a high civilization, arcane magic, order Elves based on the light, justice etc with all the ideals of the alliance - for which they were the second race. And which most alliance players like about the alliance and play them for over the horde. Ensuring their popularity.

They had an opportunity to make them different, anti-hero types, fel centred in stead of arcane, super hardcore like the demon hunters and similar to the horde. Living and based in a rough landscape, like Hellfire peninsula, a people utterly ruined, redefining themselves completely from what use to be high elves. Which seemed the direction of that group when the story that leads them to call themselves blood elves unfolds in WC3 TFT

Instead they resurrected the high elves, told a grand story of them being "redeemed" from the dark path of following Illidan (they would later present as a hero, like he was before TBC) and essentially gave us alliance high elves on the horde. Restored their city and civilization, their original high elf culture, alliance character and themes, leading htem people from the dark place of even imprsoning a Naaru to show you following Illidan was bad, to being restored to their original high elven selves as they were on the alliance (which is what fans wanted, i.e. high elves). I can understand exactly why they did it - it's high elves that's popular, and they need the horde to be popular, so put high elves on the horde - rather htan make blood elves something really unique, but I will no longer argue with the other forum users who seem to deny and ignore that they did this instead of making them unique like they seemed to be doing in TFT and could have been in TBC without making Kael a villain.

Why? Because they wanted high elves (not blood elves as TFT had started defining them), and so that is what we got, high elves called blood elves, and reverting nearly all the changes their TFT adventures brought. Restoring Silvermoon and Quel'thlaas is now back to what it "use" to be, Which is basically another alliance city and alliance people but now on the horde. From this point on, the horde ceases to be markedly different from the alliance and instead now has all the uniqueness of the alliance AND the horde on it. But then this was just a next step change that started by including the Undead on the horde, another race that didn't belong there, but at least what they made the undead was not alliance themed - as the undead had it's own theme in WC3.

I too wanted the bad ass, bad boy blood elf, I mean why have both high elf and blood elf anyway, if you are going to make them also identical in character and only different through a shoddy political alliance -w with a wonky story. I can understand Kael'thas hating Garithos, and if he is not in his right mind, I can understand him wanting his people to move to outland and the horde to help - which is crazy off course - who blames an entire FACTION after an event like WC3, for your losses? It only makes sense if you're not okay up there, which I can be on board with. But then, you make him a full villain, and somehow his people follow along with his horde plans, but nothing else - meanwhile you try to portray them as reasonable despite them making very questionable decisions?

This is why I say it was not handled well at all. For such a big change. However that's not the point. Rather than give us more unique blood elves, they opted to give us alliance high elves, because they wanted that on the horde, and I think they felt this is what would make them insanely popular enough to repopulate the horde. And this is what happened. It is also why blood elf players were more than twice the number of the next played horde race. Majority of the alliance lovers and elf lovers, including most of these fans here, swapped factions because now they had a version of the alliance on the horde, with a race they liked, and now could stomach playing the horde.

So we lost the original blood elves, and ended up just getting high elves who call themselves blood elves, losing all the changes they made and reverting back to themselves, but on the horde.
    Last edited by Mace; 2023-03-15 at 03:01 PM.

Short Explanation
    Quel'thalas is a typical alliance zone, a full-on zenith of everything the alliance (back then and now) is based upon..
    By who's standards?

Quel'Thalas had spent more time between being neutral and horde aligned.

- - - Updated - - -

Majority of us? Who says you get to speak for the majority? I miss Kael as well.

I'll listen to him. And if you read any of the posts early in this thread... I am not the only one. MANY agree the way TBC turned out ruined the blood elves' story. Regardless of Graz's unethical treatment of Blizz employees (who admittedly I am biased against, and think they are mostly terrible people who deserve any mistreatment that comes their way) what he says is true.
    We need to move past the idea of blood elf warlocks being something huge. They can make good warlocks, but even during the time of TBC, using fel magic in Silvermoon was still a rare sight. Most Magisters were still Mages, but we're primarily fire and blood mages.

Blood Mage seems to be that split between mage and warlock.

Blood Elf warlocks we're just not that common. Most were legion aligned. Indeed, those elite Sin'dorei of the Illidari were also only Mages, Paladins, Rogues and Priests. Not even Illidan had a group of high ranked Blood Elf Warlocks and he led an organization which was all about fel magic and demons.

3+ Year Old Account
    Arcane golem powered by fel crystyals...
    you can take your feedback to him on that link

if you have Warcraft 3 Reforged I can teach you how to make custom Reforged models so you could fix that issue yourself
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

By who's standards?

Quel'Thalas had spent more time between being neutral and horde aligned.
    I find your capacity to grasp what people are saying (esp outside the in-game narrative context)… lacking.

I don’t know if you are faking it, playing dumb or actually deceived yourself. Or you actually just don’t know.

You seem too knowledgeable about wow to actually not know. But then if knowledge always meant understanding or wisdom we won’t have different words for them.

Maybe you lack the developers perspective and can’t utilise knowledge of game development and changes to truly understand what we have today and why. Or maybe you just choose to selectively ignore it or worse, mislead in some sort of twisted agenda and loyalty to a fictional faction and race to the extent of ignoring what is infront of you

That you can’t even see what I’m saying or understand it and can only come up with lines like “Quel’thalas has spent more time neutral and on the horde aligned “ than on the alliance (implied) is very telling.

Sigh.

Anyway, the info is there. Try to understand what we are saying before rushing to reply with your knowledge of the in game narrative most of us are aware of here.

- - - Updated - - -

Look Tanaria, the blood elves aren’t going any where soon. Their position on the horde is not under threat and you don’t have to fear blizzard suddenly realising they are alliance themed or any thing like that and will somehow change their future.

I can assure you that blizzard is fully aware of what the blood elves are and wanted them this way ie alliance themed. This is why they are on the horde in that very high elf vein rather than the TFT to classic blood elf direction. Being this way they had guaranteed and ensured their spot there for that is the entire reason they are brought over to that faction.

You don’t have to play dumb or pretend as if this isn’t the alliance taken over to the horde or that you don’t understand what we mean when we say that.

It won’t change their position.

Stop being so insecure about them.
    Last edited by Mace; 2023-03-15 at 02:34 PM.

I find your capacity to grasp what people are saying (esp outside the in-game narrative context)… lacking.

I don’t know if you are faking it, playing dumb or actually deceived yourself. Or you actually just don’t know.

You seem too knowledgeable about wow to actually not know. But then if knowledge always meant understanding or wisdom we won’t have different words for them.

Maybe you lack the developers perspective and can’t utilise knowledge of game development and changes to truly understand what we have today and why. Or maybe you just choose to selectively ignore it or worse, mislead in some sort of twisted agenda and loyalty to a fictional faction and race to the extent of ignoring what is infront of you

That you can’t even see what I’m saying or understand it and can only come up with lines like “Quel’thalas has spent more time neutral and on the horde aligned “ than on the alliance (implied) is very telling.

Sigh.

Anyway, the info is there. Try to understand what we are saying before rushing to reply with your knowledge of the in game narrative most of us are aware of here.

- - - Updated - - -

Look Tanaria, the blood elves aren’t going any where soon. Their position on the horde is not under threat and you don’t have to fear blizzard suddenly realising they are alliance themed or any thing like that and will somehow change their future.

I can assure you that blizzard is fully aware of what the blood elves are and wanted them this way ie alliance themed. This is why they are on the horde in that very high elf vein rather than the TFT to classic blood elf direction. Being this way they had guaranteed and ensured their spot there for that is the entire reason they are brought over to that faction.

You don’t have to play dumb or pretend as if this isn’t the alliance taken over to the horde or that you don’t understand what we mean when we say that.

It won’t change their position.

Stop being so insecure about them.
    Check TBC interviews regarding blood elves and Quel'Thalas and you'll see the writing on the wall from the horse's mouth

Check TBC interviews regarding blood elves and Quel'Thalas and you'll see the writing on the wall from the horse's mouth
    Tanaria use your head.

The alliance were humans and human like races like elves and dwarves, arcane magic users , good guys, light centred, civilisation.

The horde in contrast were alien, monstrous like by human standards, warlocks and witch doctors, based more on a tribal less centralised and less human like civilisation. Rural.

This is why alliance characters had developed cities , upright characters etc and is why initially we only had mages on the alliance and warlocks on the horde.

Why do you think the undead model just couldn’t stand up straight? In line with the other horde races. When they could have gone for a look similar to the Diablo necromancer or even the DK human? Esp as they were undead humans

It wasn’t the theme of the horde back then. And this shouldn’t offend you. It is what it is. If it offends you, that says something about you.

But then very few people wanted to play the horde. They realised the horde needed those alliance themes too. Rather than change the existing horde races beyond recognition. They gave them high elves who were not playable yet, an alliance race so far, having all those things of the alliance players like and made sure they were very very attractive to draw players, especially from the over populated alliance over. And the blood elf part of them the story had fortuitously left in a less secure place (not that that would have been any serious obstacle - regardless of their story, that they were not playable yet was, I feel, the only necessary condition - but even that … )

Don’t play dumb like you don’t know what is meant by blood elves are alliance high elves on the horde or alliance themed.

The race is created and aligned with humans and a faction that had a theme of comma pity through all its members. Same with the original races of the horde.

That they choose to depart from the faction original themes in Wow tbc with blood elves going horde doesn’t stop or somehow erase what they have always been and based on.
    Rather admit the truth that blizzard changed the theme of the factions with this faction swap rather than deny the blood elves are alliance themed.

It makes you look dense. And I am not saying this to be rude or mean to you. It irritates me and I say it to let you know this is what it comes across as.

I am the sort that actually cares enough to tell you this
    Last edited by Mace; 2023-03-15 at 03:33 PM.

Tanaria use your head.

The alliance were humans and human like races like elves and dwarves, arcane magic users , good guys, light centred, civilisation.

The horde in contrast were alien, monstrous like by human standards, warlocks and witch doctors, based more on a tribal less centralised and less human like civilisation. Rural.

This is why alliance characters had developed cities , upright characters etc and is why initially we only had mages on the alliance and warlocks on the horde.

Why do you think the undead model just couldn’t stand up straight? In line with the other horde races. When they could have gone for a look similar to the Diablo necromancer or even the DK human? Esp as they were undead humans

It wasn’t the theme of the horde back then. And this shouldn’t offend you. It is what it is. If it offends you, that says something about you.

But then very few people wanted to play the horde. They realised the horde needed those alliance themes too. Rather than change the existing horde races beyond recognition. They gave them high elves who were not playable yet and simply have all those things of the alliance players like and made sure they were very very attractive to draw players, especially from the over populated alliance over.

Don’t play dumb like you don’t know what is meant by blood elves are alliance high elves on the horde or alliance themed.

The race is created and aligned with humans and a faction that had a theme of comma pity through all its members. Same with the original races of the horde.

That they choose to depart from the faction original themes in Wow tbc with blood elves going horde doesn’t stop or somehow erase what they have always been and based on.
    Rather admit the truth that blizzard changed the theme of the factions with this faction swap rather than deny the blood elves are alliance themed.

It makes you look dense. And I am not saying this to be rude or mean to you. It irritates me and I say it to let you know this is what it comes across as.

I am the sort that actually cares enough to tell you this
    Blizzard made the "change" and they gave the reasons for it, during TBC's interviews.
    There is no further discussion on this.

Looks have nothing to do with lore. The change was primarily from being neutral to going horde
    Last edited by Tanaria; 2023-03-15 at 03:24 PM.

Blizzard made the "change" and they gave the reasons for it, during TBC's interviews.
    There is no further discussion on this.

Looks have nothing to do with lore. The change was primarily from being neutral to going horde
    So why are you pretending like you don’t understand what is being said huh? Blizzard put an alliance race on the horde.

It’s not difficult to grasp.