Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It's like you've read the first 50 pages of a 1000 page book and think you know what it's about...

If you don't know what you are talking about, then don't talk. You don't know FF14 endgame, so why are you talking about FF14 endgame? You don't know about FF14 mechanics, so why are you talking about FF14 mechanics? You don't know about FF14 rotations, so why are you talking about FF14 rotations?

The APM in WoW is WAAAAY higher than it is in FF14. You have more buttons to press in FF14 but the game in general is slower. You have more time to press those buttons. WoW and FF14 are very different games. FF14 combat with WoW bosses wouldn't be fun and WoW combat with FF14 bosses wouldn't be fun. But both games are fun because they are different and each combat system works with their own boss design.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    This isnt how parsing works. I dont know why i am discussing this with people who obviously dont have experience with it.

Parsing high %'s usually comes from the group giving you freedom to solo aoe adds or something along the lines. THe highest parses generally arent an indication of anything other then people getting to cheese the boss completely while the others do the work.

And even with your logic, then no. Gear matters, but luck have some extreme outliers. Like i said, you can visually see it from Bajheeras rank 1 on youtube. He got lucky starts proc and did 116k dps, 45% of it was from lucky stars proc. THat doesnt happen often, and it doesnt happen to anyone, but the fact is - its not because of bajheera it happened, its because of luck
    Yeah, the highest parses usually have cheese. Getting 90+ does not. Also I specifically mentioned that IS/TD and the proc ones are different than the pure stat ones, which is what most people are stacking right now. No, you probably won't get a 100 parse, but you can definitely get 90+ without "luck" or your group going nuts for you.

So ignoring the outliers, there is still a HUGE gap between people who consistently parse 90+ without cheese and regular players who still sit in the morass of green/gray. It is not "just luck." The gap between good and bad players is larger than it has ever been.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wuusah View Post
    You have more buttons to press in FF14 but the game in general is slower. You have more time to press those buttons. WoW and FF14 are very different games. FF14 combat with WoW bosses wouldn't be fun and WoW combat with FF14 bosses wouldn't be fun. But both games are fun because they are different and each combat system works with their own boss design.

Yeah this is the important part. What people need to realise before they try out a game like FFXIV is that Final Fantasy has had a large history of turn based combat since before Blizzard Entertainment was even established. One of the key points of the series is the slower more tactical combat. It is pretty much a requirement. If you want speed? Sure it's not for you. On the other hand the slower combat gives room to better combat animations. You win something you lose something.

And yes, both games have bosses designed with their combat system in mind. Slower combat gives you more time to think so it is totally okay to throw five instant death mechanics into your face.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    and give props to the folk who do actually enjoy (or at least tolerate) FFXIV's combat. You obviously posses far greater patience than I do.
    Hah, patience, it took me years to finally get into this game. The 2.5s GCD is absolute murder if you are coming from WoW. I kept trying to like FFXIV because a lot of the things I saw for end game looked cool and kept giving it a chance over and over throughout the years, always quitting because of what a slog the leveling was. Until one my attempts lasted long enough into the 40s it kind of just got to the point where I didn't really care much about the combat but was really into the story so kept pushing to get to the next cutscene and next dungeons. Before I knew it I was already in the 70s and the combat was actually kind of fun with more job mechanics and oGCDs unlocked. It wasn't as fast as WoW but I loved having more than 3 buttons to press and how each job had it's own defined identity instead of everything being builders and spenders like in WoW.

Encounters feel a lot more entertaining and flashy too, the story, the effects, the music in the boss fights, and sometimes it's ok for a game to just be about flashy fun. FF is definitely an acquired taste if you are coming from WoW. I'm sure people new to MMOs or who have only played other FFs could probably get into it faster.
    Last edited by Hyral; 2020-06-16 at 02:29 PM.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn

After reading through these pages im glad ff is unattractive to WoW players. It keeps the toxic players in the swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    After reading through these pages im glad ff is unattractive to WoW players. It keeps the toxic players in the swamp.
    And they just play their game everyday complaining about it non stoo. When i log in ff14 everyone is happy and cheerfull.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    And they just play their game everyday complaining about it non stoo. When i log in ff14 everyone is happy and cheerfull.
    Fun fact, FFXIV community is the only one that has wished for my death en masse for not agreeing with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Fun fact, FFXIV community is the only one that has wished for my death en masse for not agreeing with them.
    Holy Hyperbole, Batman. I think you need to elaborate a bit more because I'm a part of the community and me, like most of them probably don't even know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by The Offbeat View Post
    Holy Hyperbole, Batman. I think you need to elaborate a bit more because I'm a part of the community and me, like most of them probably don't even know who you are.
    All I have to do is mention that they should fix pvp and get rid of the bots that choke dungeons and I get flooded with people who claim the game is perfect and I should probably end myself :P

edit: My favorite argument is that even if one game has a feature (working pvp) another game doesn't have to copy it (by fixing pvp) because it's better to be unique.

All I have to do is mention that they should fix pvp and get rid of the bots that choke dungeons and I get flooded with people who claim the game is perfect and I should probably end myself :P

edit: My favorite argument is that even if one game has a feature (working pvp) another game doesn't have to copy it (by fixing pvp) because it's better to be unique.
    Im gonna go on a limb and say this probably never happens. Majority of the community doesnt even care for pvp, its just a meh mode to grind tomes, mounts, and hairstyles.

Majority of the community doesnt even care for pvp, its just a meh mode to grind tomes, mounts, and hairstyles.
    I wonder if it's because of its dogshit implementation?

I will say I havent had much experience with dungeon choking, so I guess it's fixed .. althoughthe bots are still a plague.. And PvP i never bothered with aside from getting fancy glamours.. even so, I hardly think that constitutes as if the community is out to get you. Hell by that merit alone I have had the same thing happen to me by LoL, WoW, Old Republic and Mario Kart community.

(You shoot your friend with one blue shell and all of a sudden she's wrapping the controller cord around your neck..)

I find my ninja very enjoyable once I memorized the Mudras. I wouldn't call it bloated even tough I agree that some skills feel pretty uninteresting.

Quote Originally Posted by The Offbeat View Post
    I will say I havent had much experience with dungeon choking, so I guess it's fixed .. althoughthe bots are still a plague.. And PvP i never bothered with aside from getting fancy glamours.. even so, I hardly think that constitutes as if the community is out to get you. Hell by that merit alone I have had the same thing happen to me by LoL, WoW, Old Republic and Mario Kart community.

(You shoot your friend with one blue shell and all of a sudden she's wrapping the controller cord around your neck..)
    https://clips.twitch.tv/FitAlertDelicataPrimeMe This stuff.

I mean, go to the reddit, make a thread about improvement of pvp or ask why other games have their bot plague in control.

The game does not have button bloat. Don’t spread this bullshit that lead to WoW’s classes turning into completely boring trash. FFXIV’s classes are fucking fun to play because there’s actually shit to do and track. If you find this hard it’s because you’re trash. FFXIV’s classes are akin to MoP classes, the expac that everyone praises for class design.

This community is so fucking ridiculous it ducking baffles me. Don’t like the game? Don’t play it. But don’t fucking demand that they prune their classes down to a level lower they’ve already done. Scholar uses to be a blast to play but now it’s fucking tragic because noobs cried and cried that it was too hard to play.

Just another example of git gud. Now do everyone who love’s this game a favor, and shut the hell up
    Exhibit A of the wow community being a toxic swamp. Oh shi...

How about you snap back to reality and accept every single online community is 'toxic'.

Wow went really casual so the game has a pretty low skill floor. I have played wow for a long time started playing ffxiv recently waiting for shadow lands. Their are a lot of abilities and really it’s mostly just the opener that’s hard.

That being said it will force you to learn more
    Keybinds and after a few days you won’t even really notice anymore. Side effect of this is it will improve your gameplay in wow because you will be able to
    Handle more binds.

Regardless being the best isn’t as big of a deal in ffxiv. There is no official dps meter and while I can get one you will get in a lot of trouble for calling out ppl in game for it.

I can’t imagine most players play the game optimally. But honesty that’s okay in that game. I however do like to play optimal so I just sucked it up and took a few days to learn how to manage it.

I wonder if it's because of its dogshit implementation?
    Even the developers stated that pvp was a side project, its not to be taken seriously and not to be used for esports. If you want mmo pvp theres eso, WoW, runescape, EVE, ect. Ect.

Even the developers stated that pvp was a side project, its not to be taken seriously and not to be used for esports. If you want mmo pvp theres eso, WoW, runescape, EVE, ect. Ect.
    If something is inherently broken, I'd imagine it would get fixed and not said "Don't take it seriously"

If something is inherently broken, I'd imagine it would get fixed and not said "Don't take it seriously"
    because you need to think about the cost of fixing it. And not just in developer time, but also the knock-on effect of changes you make to try and fix pvp have on the rest of the game.

Sometimes fixing a small broken part can be a net negative.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Wheeler View Post
    Ugh, I know this feeling all too well.

You desperately want something to be even remotely as good as WoW, but none of them can manage to come close. And that's even when WoW has been trending in the wrong direction for a few years, too.

WoW at its peak may be the best videogame we ever play, and almost certainly the best MMO we'll ever play.
    the problem for other gaming business is they have to make a new game versus wow hwo have 15 years of patch, balancing and polishing

some other mmo could be really better and succesful if they had 15 year of polishing, its why its nearly impossible to accomplish