Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I mean just build a Stalin statue and put one up if you want to, nobody is stopping you.
    Are you also going to get angry once it gets removed?

Quote Originally Posted by Bodonius View Post
    If you cant even google I really cant help you. I wont post that racist shit
    If you can't back up your claims with some actual sources...then no one can help you.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you cant even google I really cant help you. I wont post that racist shit
    "Just google it!" is usually code for "I'm full of shit"

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    If you can't back up your claims with some actual sources...then no one can help you.
    I dont want to get banned for posting racist shit, use google. Type BLM and Kill white people and you get alot of hits since BLM is a racist organization. Easy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    "Just google it!" is usually code for "I'm full of shit"
    Or its a code for its everywhere and easy to find.
    Not like Its not my job to educate you that some strange people say

I dont want to get banned for posting racist shit, use google. Type BLM and Kill white people and you get alot of hits since BLM is a racist organization. Easy
    No, you just don't have anything that can back up your bullshit.

No, you just don't have anything that can back up your bullshit.
    Apart from google, if your to lazy to type BLM and kill white people its for one reason you know im right and as soon as i post a link you report me.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I don't think you'll find myself in disagreement.

My main objection is that there are indiscriminate readings, and to sarcastically embrace my white guilt, they mostly tend to be about white figures, regardless of what they have done.
    In addition to the example in the post quoted, you have this one too https://rmx.news/article/article/rio...to-free-slaves . I

I'll repeat, I'm not opposed to the idea of such things being delegitimizing attempts, but these are just cases of
    - indiscriminate & reductionist interpretations
    - Rage and the dumping of said rage of anything that is viewed to be representative of.... "white"
    - Ignorance
    Agreed, a lot of these movements seemed to be more interested in removing the uncomfortable parts of history, rather then understanding them. Nuance is not something that is common on any corner of the political spectrum.

My preference is to contextualize each of these statues. Put a second statue next to the ones we keep, someone that stands for a different set of values. Someone like Harriet Tubman, MLK, or John Brown (He has plenty of reason to not have statues, but he is really no worse then confederate generals). Then surround them with information boards that frame the context of both the man depicted, and the statue itself.

Especially in the American south, those statues have a history of their own, beyond the person they are representing. The South was obviously not erecting these statues right after the civil war, they were beaten and occupied. These statues were largely erected in waves, tied to reasserting white dominance over black populations. First wave in the 1880s and 1890s, tied to the south being returned to civilian control, and the purging of the Post-War Black politicians. Second wave in the 1920s, with the resurgence of the Klan, along with the cementing of Jim Crow and racial oppressions along institutional lines across the south, and the third wave in the 1960s, as a reaction to the Civil Right movement. Certain Generals, especially Nathan Bedford Forrest, pop up frequently, not because they were relevant to the war, or because they were local, but because his entire persona revolved around night terror raids to frighten and suppress black populations. From his pre-War career as a slave owner, to his war time massacres of Black Union Troops at Fort Pillow, and his post-War founding and leading of the KKK, he was deliberately invoked as a symbol of black terror and white dominance all across the south. The erecting of a statue of Nathan Bedford Forrest was an incredibly deliberate act, with the intended message being extremely clear to the local black communities, which is why his statue is found all across the south in numbers surpassing even Robert E. Lee.

As an example of how pervasive this is, a monument to Nathan Bedford Forrest was unveiled in Selma, Alabama (Yes, that Selma, Alabama) in 2000. The more recent statues should absolutely be destroyed, but the old ones to memorialize as examples of how hatred and repression spread across the south, and that we have to remember why those statues were put there, so that we can move past it and get better.

BLM is a racist organization. Just read up
    Just use google BLM, kill white people and there you see lots
    Well at least they are really bad at it. For such a large movement of terrorists, they have a really embarrassing kill count /s.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Or its a code for its everywhere and easy to find.
    Not like Its not my job to educate you that some strange people say
    If it's everywhere and easy to find, you wouldn't be this hesitant to back up your statements. But sure, buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Thekri View Post
    Agreed, a lot of these movements seemed to be more interested in removing the uncomfortable parts of history, rather then understanding them. Nuance is not something that is common on any corner of the political spectrum.

My preference is to contextualize each of these statues. Put a second statue next to the ones we keep, someone that stands for a different set of values. Someone like Harriet Tubman, MLK, or John Brown (He has plenty of reason to not have statues, but he is really no worse then confederate generals). Then surround them with information boards that frame the context of both the man depicted, and the statue itself.

Especially in the American south, those statues have a history of their own, beyond the person they are representing. The South was obviously not erecting these statues right after the civil war, they were beaten and occupied. These statues were largely erected in waves, tied to reasserting white dominance over black populations. First wave in the 1880s and 1890s, tied to the south being returned to civilian control, and the purging of the Post-War Black politicians. Second wave in the 1920s, with the resurgence of the Klan, along with the cementing of Jim Crow and racial oppressions along institutional lines across the south, and the third wave in the 1960s, as a reaction to the Civil Right movement. Certain Generals, especially Nathan Bedford Forrest, pop up frequently, not because they were relevant to the war, or because they were local, but because his entire persona revolved around night terror raids to frighten and suppress black populations. From his pre-War career as a slave owner, to his war time massacres of Black Union Troops at Fort Pillow, and his post-War founding and leading of the KKK, he was deliberately invoked as a symbol of black terror and white dominance all across the south. The erecting of a statue of Nathan Bedford Forrest was an incredibly deliberate act, with the intended message being extremely clear to the local black communities, which is why his statue is found all across the south in numbers surpassing even Robert E. Lee.

As an example of how pervasive this is, a monument to Nathan Bedford Forrest was unveiled in Selma, Alabama (Yes, that Selma, Alabama) in 2000. The more recent statues should absolutely be destroyed, but the old ones to memorialize as examples of how hatred and repression spread across the south, and that we have to remember why those statues were put there, so that we can move past it and get better.

Well at least they are really bad at it. For such a large movement of terrorists, they have a really embarrassing kill count /s.
    They have killed alot of police and black people. But I guess since its not proven it was just other protestors

15+ Year Old Account
    Apart from google, if your to lazy to type BLM and kill white people its for one reason you know im right and as soon as i post a link you report me.
    And no one is surprised that you don't understand how this works. You won't be banned for stating something truthful, you will be banned for linking conspiracy bullcrap that was the first few google hits you came across without checking their sources.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CommunismWillWin View Post
    Are you also going to get angry once it gets removed?
    Yeah if you built it then no one has the right to destroy your statue. As long as you didn't do anything illegal when making and placing the statue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    And no one is surprised that you don't understand how this works. You won't be banned for stating something truthful, you will be banned for linking conspiracy bullcrap that was the first few google hits you came across without checking their sources.
    lol!!!!
    I have been suspenden so many times for telling true things.

10+ Year Old Account
    A highly disgruntled constituent of Lindsey Graham.
    They have killed alot of police and black people. But I guess since its not proven it was just other protestors
    Would these be the same vague "Many Deaths" as Trump is claiming the CHAZ has claimed?

It is odd how all your claims of Antifa/BLM terrorism can't point to any specific incidents, while all their claims of Black men murdered by police are extremely specific and well documented. It is almost like yours are made up, and the other one isn't...

lol!!!!
    "true things"

15+ Year Old Account
    lol!!!!
    No, you have not. PM me posts you've been suspended for and I explain to you why.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    No, you have not. PM me posts you've been suspended for and I explain to you why.
    God, over x years they are so many and I would say because there is a automatic system if many report you you get booted. If not its because mmo is kind of communist and they like power

10+ Year Old Account
    lol!!!!
    IIRC its mostly drunken shitposting from you. The "white genocide" racist shit you're spouting here isn't doing you any favors either.
    /s

"true things"
    Yes everything you can think of, 2 genders its ok to be white and so on ;-)

You can choose sex but still i do think its ok to be white

God, over x years they are so many and I would say because there is a automatic system if many report you you get booted. If not its because mmo is kind of communist and they like power
    An example of you speaking your "true things"

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    IIRC its mostly drunken shitposting from you. The "white genocide" racist shit you're spouting here isn't doing you any favors either.
    Well i most say, im against the white genocide racist if its not clear

Many seem to be for it like BLM for example...

And nothing is drunken shitposting, all is general consern and my opinion at the time when drunk.
    Last edited by Bodonius; 2020-06-15 at 08:44 PM.