Page 31 of 46 FirstFirst ...
21
29
30
31
32
33
41
... LastLast
  1. #601
    Quote Originally Posted by NED funded View Post
    Abraham Lincoln died while ending slavery he could have not done anything more because he was assasinated before the reconstruction.

    They are still dumb
    I posted flippantly the other day that we may get to a point that we reject Abraham Lincoln. I doubt we're there now, because I doubt this will actually succeed, but it's a good thing that we're thinking about these things. It's a sign of growth. Lincoln may have ended slavery, and he may have been a pretty decent president, but that doesn't mean that there aren't dozens of asterisks. We should always want our culture to reflect the best of us, so if we think there's someone better than Lincoln, why not move forward?

    It's weird to me that we'll happily accept technological advancement, but our culture has to remain firmly rooted in the past. We'll throw away the pen and paper as soon as the computer comes along, but replacing old statues with slightly less racist statues is the end of the world.

  2. #602
    Brewmaster Yadryonych's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Матушка Россия
    Posts
    1,292
    Abraham Lincoln? Pfft…

    Is anyone up for some actual Nazi scientist responsible for war crimes statue toppling?


  3. #603
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Abraham Lincoln? Pfft…

    Is anyone up for some actual Nazi scientist responsible for war crimes statue toppling?
    I'm pretty sure plenty of people in today's climate would want to have a von Braun statue removed. That they haven't gotten to it would probably indicate they don't know about it.

  4. #604
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    Abraham Lincoln? Pfft…

    Is anyone up for some actual Nazi scientist responsible for war crimes statue toppling?

    Yes... Von Braun should be toppled. At worst Nazi killing thousands. Escaping justice because his research is "special". At best giant dick, who is willing to go over corpses building his toys... which are then used to kill people.
    Escaped justice, because his research, also killing people, helps in a dick meassuring contest.
    Last edited by josykay; 2020-06-27 at 05:18 PM.

  5. #605
    Quote Originally Posted by josykay View Post
    Yes... Von Braun should be toppled. At worst Nazi killing thousands. Escaping justice because his research is "special". At best giant dick, who is willing to go over corpses building his toys... which are then used to kill people.
    Escaped justice, becausd his research, killing people helps a dick meassuring contest.
    Is it ironic to have people defending statues, provide examples of other statues that need to be destroyed? Seems like a strange argument...
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    Don’t click random links on forums.

  6. #606
    Brewmaster Yadryonych's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Матушка Россия
    Posts
    1,292
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Is it ironic to have people defending statues, provide examples of other statues that need to be destroyed? Seems like a strange argument...
    Just helping fellow iconoclasts over there I mean the more you maraud and pillage your own leaders and heroes the funnier it is for the rest of us. Way to go for the deconstruction of the US illegally built on Indians' lands though

    p.s. It may be too late, there's already an executive order forbidding that https://www.whitehouse.gov/president...inal-violence/
    Last edited by Yadryonych; 2020-06-27 at 05:39 PM.

  7. #607
    Merely a Setback cubby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Quiet Room
    Posts
    28,714
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasRules View Post
    Intelligent discourse? You guys complain and get me banned and the moderators tell me to complain about you specifically and report YOU. But I am not coward like your censoring friends. You want inner circle discourse. You want people to agree with you, you could care less what anyone else thinks, that is why you disagree with anyone who is not voting Biden. You get mad at people who do not like Biden so won't vote for him and say it's a vote for Trump, even though they are not voting Trump. You obviously do not want people to use their freedom unless it matches your choice. So do not give me any of your intelligent discourse. Nobody on here is ranting mad about U.S. Grant or Stevie Ray Vaughn being torn down. Because they are not on your agenda. I am sorry that you have to include your "my view or no view" agenda aka blue no matter what in to every conversation. But I have the blinders. Me and the 120 million people with coronavirus.
    Unfortunately, but as usual, you continue to misunderstand. It's never been "my view or no view" - I accept most points of view and try to learn from each interaction. Even with you, on the poll issue (make-up of poll participants defines the veracity of the poll was your opinion, and I listened), I listened and learned.

    What you fail to understand, over and over again, is that we require evidence and facts to back up statements, and it's one area you continually fail to deliver. You have opinions and ideas, and you search out sources that agree with those, rather than the other way around. Even now, reading this, you'll deny that's how you operate - but our evaluation of you is entirely accurate. You ignore bad sources, you don't multi-source information, and you ignore literal facts when presented with conflicting data.

    You obviously have intelligence, but you use it so ineffectually, and it honestly baffles me. Twice during this year (that I can recall) you've presented positions that are solid and have merit. What baffle [at least] me is that you don't use that in everything you do.

    And you are incapable of admitting you are wrong. Which is the hallmark of an ineffectual intellect, lacking the ability to self-analyze and reevaluate situations and information.

    Several times just this month I've been wrong - dead wrong. And I'm [not] happy to admit it, because intellectual honesty helps everyone. It helps the people you're discussing with because they see they are being heard. It helps the individual because it serves as a self-check on opinions and points of view. And it helps the community because the active members can see that others are listening and learning.

    Every poster you lash out at (the top posters in these particular forums), every one of them, has been wrong - and admitted it. And it's documented, here. So you claiming that all we want to do is hear "[our] view or no view" is again another one of your "misstatements". And we'll call you out on them every time. If you don't like being called out, rethink how you digest information.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Is it ironic to have people defending statues, provide examples of other statues that need to be destroyed? Seems like a strange argument...
    Interestingly, it's the same people pointing to Biden's faults, just like Trumps.

  8. #608
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Aarhus, Denmark, Europe
    Posts
    4,865
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Is it ironic to have people defending statues, provide examples of other statues that need to be destroyed? Seems like a strange argument...
    I am not sure his statue should be toppled but obviously if you want to tear down Churchill you should consider the same for Von Braun (either the man or the crater, i am not particular)

  9. #609
    Brewmaster Yadryonych's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Матушка Россия
    Posts
    1,292
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    I am not sure his statue should be toppled but obviously if you want to tear down Churchill you should consider the same for Von Braun (either the man or the crater, i am not particular)
    Indeed this is outrageous. Toppling George Washington statue while not burning down a large city named after him. What a shamefully half-hearted attempt

  10. #610
    Maybe they should hit the Washington Monument.

  11. #611
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Late Capitalism
    Posts
    50,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Maybe they should hit the Washington Monument.
    Excuse you that has since been rebranded as the Obelisk of Wokeness.
    This website is not a place of honor. No highly esteemed deed is commemorated here. Nothing valued is here. What is here is dangerous and repulsive to us. The danger is in a particular location. The danger is still present in your time as it was in ours.

    Get in loser, we're saving the USPS.

  12. #612
    Elemental Lord GreenJesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    8,022
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Uhm... Yes, blinders... You complain that Biden misspoke million, instead of thousand... while Trump is held a super spreader event just last week. When Trump calls it a hoax, did he misspeak and meant to say tragedy? You know why Trump just polled 1% lower than Biden in Texas? Because people are sick of Trump’s insults and general bullshit... like complaining that Biden said million, instead of thousand... the same day Trump is forced to release children he is holding in cages, because Kung Flu is running rampant.

    FYI, when Trump calls corona the Kung Flu, he isn’t misspeaking a million, when he means thousand. China didn’t force Trump to go on national television and ponder injecting disinfectant. It’s why Biden has already signed up for the 3 scheduled debates, while Trump’s campaign is refusing to sign, while desperately trying to get moderators of their choosing. This is while Trump, is bitching about Biden avoiding debates... even though Trump is the only one refusing to sign up for the debates, until they change to fit Trump.
    Why is the trump event a super spreader but the riots the Democrats cheered on weren't? Viruses dont care about politics or your cause.

  13. #613
    Is the contention really that if Germany doesn’t build statues of Hitler they will somehow forget about WWII?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Why is the trump event a super spreader but the riots the Democrats cheered on weren't? Viruses dont care about politics or your cause.
    They care if you are inside, crammed next to each other, and not wearing masks, both of which are huge risk factors.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  14. #614
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Late Capitalism
    Posts
    50,456
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Why is the trump event a super spreader but the riots the Democrats cheered on weren't? Viruses dont care about politics or your cause.
    Man it's almost as if believing in science gives you the magical ability to take proper precautions rather than packing people together in an indoor event and discouraging mask use.
    This website is not a place of honor. No highly esteemed deed is commemorated here. Nothing valued is here. What is here is dangerous and repulsive to us. The danger is in a particular location. The danger is still present in your time as it was in ours.

    Get in loser, we're saving the USPS.

  15. #615
    Elemental Lord GreenJesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    So Cal
    Posts
    8,022
    Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Man it's almost as if believing in science gives you the magical ability to take proper precautions rather than packing people together in an indoor event and discouraging mask use.
    Lol do you honestly believe all those rioters were taking "proper precautions" while they were burning down buildings and throwing bricks at police?

  16. #616
    Void Lord Elegiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Late Capitalism
    Posts
    50,456
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Lol do you honestly believe all those rioters were taking "proper precautions" while they were burning down buildings and throwing bricks at police?
    I mean they were wearing masks, gloves, and were generally staying outdoors so...insofar as 'proper' exists in this country, yes.

    The police are the ones who aren't wearing masks and are using respiratory irritants on peaceful protesters, maybe you should complain about them.
    This website is not a place of honor. No highly esteemed deed is commemorated here. Nothing valued is here. What is here is dangerous and repulsive to us. The danger is in a particular location. The danger is still present in your time as it was in ours.

    Get in loser, we're saving the USPS.

  17. #617
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Lol do you honestly believe all those rioters were taking "proper precautions" while they were burning down buildings and throwing bricks at police?
    Masks were extremely common at the protests, as was distancing and staying outside.

    Pretending that that is worse than a cramped indoor event without masks or social distancing is bizarre, especially when the one fact that epidemiologists have consistently said is that indoor spread is far more of an issue than outdoor spread.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

  18. #618
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Lol do you honestly believe all those rioters were taking "proper precautions" while they were burning down buildings and throwing bricks at police?
    Regardless of how you define them, they were handing out masks to other protestors. They were not removing social distancing signs, as Trump did with his rally. FYI... Pence cancelled his rallies in Arizona and Florida next week.
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    Don’t click random links on forums.

  19. #619
    I see the protesters as actual activists.

    The rioters and looters could have died on the fires they themselves set and we would have all considered them Darwin award winners and no one would cared.

  20. #620
    Tearing down old statues of Confederate (traitor) officers is one thing, and something that should never have been put up in the first place, but belong in museums now...

    ...however Netflix just pulled the Dungeons and Dragons episode of Community around the entire world. Because Ken Jeong, an Asian man, cosplayed a dark elf.

    It's of course going to have a Streisand effect where lots of people google this episode, and watch it instead.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •