Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Bad Luck Protection for Rank 4 Essences from Paragon Caches

Bad Luck Protection for Rank 4 Essences from Paragon Caches
    Blizzard has added bad luck protection for Rank 4 Essences from paragon caches. Every time you open a cache and don't get the essence, the drop rate will increase, eventually reaching 100%.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We’re increasing the drop rate of Rank 4 Essences for eligible players as they open more Rustbolt Resistance, Ankoan/Unshackled, Rajani, and Uldum Accord Paragon caches. This change will also be retroactive and will count the Paragon caches that were opened in the past.

We’re aiming to implement this change in the next day or two, we’ll be sure to update the thread when the changes are live.

Is it now 1% up from 0.1%? Need more details…

How exactly retroactive part work? Will I get rewarded with essence on login if I opened some paragon caches weeks/months ago?

The Paragon caches opened in the past will retroactively count towards increasing the Rank 4 Essence drop rate of your future caches. The odds will eventually reach 100%.
    Last edited by Lumy; 2020-06-16 at 10:48 AM.

Would be nice if the Treasure Map also gets BLP for rank 4 worldvein...

7+ Year Old Account
    Long overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Would be nice if the Treasure Map also gets BLP for rank 4 worldvein...
    Yeah, this one would be nice as well.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

The Paragon caches opened in the past will retroactively count towards increasing the Rank 4 Essence drop rate of your future caches. The odds will eventually reach 100%.

this seems odd to me,its like they are saying its an hidden progress bar towards eventually getting a drop?thats not a random drop then is it?and is it the same with all other rare drops i wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by natpick View Post
    this seems odd to me,its like they are saying its an hidden progress bar towards eventually getting a drop?thats not a random drop then is it?and is it the same with all other rare drops i wonder.
    Its just bad luck protection, not a "progress bar". The chance increases the longer you don't get it. You can still get it in your first cache if you are incredibly lucky, but after opening X amount, you are guaranteed to get it if you were incredibly unlucky so far.

Most rare drops don't have such mechanic, and neither did these before this change. Legion legendaries had a similar concept.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2020-06-16 at 11:13 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is how a lot of the stuff in this game (and other games) already works. Bad luck protection to ensure that you can't fail to get a drop indefinitely if your luck is extraordinarily bad.

If it wasn't for the retroactive part, there'd be very little chance of anybody actually reaching 100%.

It's still random, the chance just gets better the more often you fail.

I know it's a nice change and all but... isn't that a little too late? That's ridiculous.

eventually? After how many caches? 50?

Kinda baffling that it it does not drop in the first emissary cache tbh. At least for Rajani and Uldum Accord, isn't it enough work to get one cache already?

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    eventually? After how many caches? 50?

Kinda baffling that it it does not drop in the first emissary cache tbh. At least for Rajani and Uldum Accord, isn't it enough work to get one cache already?
    No, it's not baffling. These are purely cosmetic things, and the non-cache ones generally aren't just given to you either, with the exception of Crucible, and even that only because getting the heart to 70 now has become trivial.

Rajani and Uldum Accord are not hard, just tedious.

everything in this game should have BLP, not just this.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, it's not baffling. These are purely cosmetic things, and the non-cache ones generally aren't just given to you either, with the exception of Crucible, and even that only because getting the heart to 70 now has become trivial.

Rajani and Uldum Accord are not hard, just tedious.
    Right, nothing against a little grind. But other essences have been around since the Azshara patch. Considering that Essences are a BfA only feature (in contrast to other cosmetic items like mounts, transmog or toys) it doesn't really make sense that the ones from Uldum and Vale are taking even longer than some of the 8.2 ones. You will only ever see them in BfA. If you get them with SL prepatch, because you only get a cache every 2 weeks, then it's kinda too late...

Need bad luck protection on paragon toys/mounts also

Honestly went past caring a long time ago. Don't know why they'd ever think World Quests are relevant content for mains again...

You still need 2400 rating in arenas for the champion of Azeroth so this change doesn't matter at all.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    I know it's a nice change and all but... isn't that a little too late? That's ridiculous.
    I see this post every time we have good change. What do you mean by "too late"? You seriously think people quit over RNG for orange essence or something? It's ridiculous they sometimes make small repairs to game months after patch launch?

Quote Originally Posted by Railander View Post
    everything in this game should have BLP, not just this.
    Well, at least things that have ridicolous small odds. Looking at you Pandaria worlds bosses, Big Love Rocket and Timewalking.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2020-06-16 at 12:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good.
    Now make the damn PVP essences available by not having to do that shitty-ass PVP minigame.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by kappalol View Post
    You still need 2400 rating in arenas for the champion of Azeroth so this change doesn't matter at all.
    then buy 7 GW enchant your gear with it and git gud or pay some russians to boost you
    I.O BFA Season 3

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Good.
    Now make the damn PVP essences available by not having to do that shitty-ass PVP minigame.
    They should just let us buy rank 3 essences on main with echoes. As for rank 4, requirement should stay (although I would like it to be account wide).