Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
4
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #101
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    This wont impact bots that much either, so it's just a pure placebo change and mostly harmful towards regular players rather than bots.
    It isn't harmful towards real players at all. People need to stop spreading tthis myth.

  2. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    It isn't harmful towards real players at all. People need to stop spreading tthis myth.
    IDK dude it's my day off and i'm already locked out of instances for 24 hours now.

  3. #103
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    It isn't harmful towards real players at all. People need to stop spreading tthis myth.
    How so? If me and the boys want to take a weekend day to level up new characters in dungeons we would get locked out from doing content. Same goes for anyone taking a day to farm dungeons.

  4. #104
    Bloodsail Admiral Cien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Between Sodom and Gomorrah
    Posts
    1,114
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Don’t think there’s any human that can do 30 dungeons a day every day.

    Would mean play constantly 24/7 without interruptions.
    thats not really how this works, or how people in classic use it

  5. #105
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    IDK dude it's my day off and i'm already locked out of instances for 24 hours now.
    So? That 's not harmful towards a player. What is harmful is the obsessive need to run that many dungeons. YOu can still play other parts of the game. If you were completely locked of the entire game, you would have a point.

  6. #106
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    So? That 's not harmful towards a player. What is harmful is the obsessive need to run that many dungeons. YOu can still play other parts of the game. If you were completely locked of the entire game, you would have a point.
    What does this even mean, I pay for the game, then I pay for the sub, why am I being arbitrarily locked out of doing DUNGEONS?

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    What does this even mean, I pay for the game, then I pay for the sub, why am I being arbitrarily locked out of doing DUNGEONS?
    YOu aren't being locked out of dungeons. You can run 30 of them. The issue is a you are obsessed problem, not a game one. The only one harming you is you.

  8. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    YOu aren't being locked out of dungeons. You can run 30 of them. The issue is a you are obsessed problem, not a game one. The only one harming you is you.
    2 weeks ago I could run more than 6 hours of dungeons a day in my free time. Now I can't. I don't have the time to play on weekdays, so I want to catch up and do things on weekends and time off, this patch directly negatively impacts that. How is this hard to comprehend?

  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    YOu aren't being locked out of dungeons. You can run 30 of them. The issue is a you are obsessed problem, not a game one. The only one harming you is you.
    While I get your point, it's not up to you to decide what someone else can or should do with their time.

    The term "harmful" is not accurate, but players are being negatively affected by this change.

  10. #110
    Herald of the Titans Battlebeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    2,842
    This is absolutely riddicilous.

    It doesn't stop the bots, it slows them. The ones who really pay the price are the legit farmers.

    But Blizzard are lazy and instead of spending time, money and energy to find and ban the bots, they do the easy thing...

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    While I get your point, it's not up to you to decide what someone else can or should do with their time.

    The term "harmful" is not accurate, but players are being negatively affected by this change.
    NO they aren't. They are allowing it to negatively affect them, so they are harming themselves, not the game harming them.

  12. #112
    No real person is running 30+ instances a day.

  13. #113
    Why are people so rude about this all the time.

    Its a bad change for everyone who does some kind of small dungeon farm that involves say 10-12 minute resets - be it farming BRD arena, crowd pummelers in gnomeregan to use in raids, farm lashers for herbs in DM east, do RFC boosts or SM boosts or pretty much anything. Or just looking for JED in UBRS. Id say anyone who plays over 6 hours in a 24 hour stretch(regardless if its 3 hours one day and 3 hours the next day) can hit this cap. Why Is it necessary to limit ordinary players play outside the 5 resets per hour limit we already have? You guys that are totally un understanding to this, why? Id imagine all of us who plays world of warcraft have days where we play more than 6 hours, if not, well you have your life and i have mine.

  14. #114
    Titan Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    11,102
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    2 weeks ago I could run more than 6 hours of dungeons a day in my free time. Now I can't. I don't have the time to play on weekdays, so I want to catch up and do things on weekends and time off, this patch directly negatively impacts that. How is this hard to comprehend?
    Maybe you need to have a conversation with the folks that have been screeching like banshees about bots... and I would be remiss if I didn't remind you that its Blizzard's game, and they can do anything they want with it.

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

  15. #115
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Maybe you need to have a conversation with the folks that have been screeching like banshees about bots... and I would be remiss if I didn't remind you that its Blizzard's game, and they can do anything they want with it.
    I fully realize that this is Blizzards' game and they are free to do with it as they please, I can't stop them.

    I am however responding to people who erroneously say that this change has no or neglible impact on a regular player, that it primarily or only targets bots, which it doesn't. I am impacted.

  16. #116
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    I fully realize that this is Blizzards' game and they are free to do with it as they please, I can't stop them.

    I am however responding to people who erroneously say that this change has no or neglible impact on a regular player, that it primarily or only targets bots, which it doesn't. I am impacted.
    These people are like a herd of sheep that looks to the shepherder and accepts anything it does. The moderators on these forums also cleanse out anyone eventually who is active here and doesnt support the narrative set. Just look at any new topic made and you will see banned people.

  17. #117
    Titan Seranthor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Langley, London, Undisclosed Locations
    Posts
    11,102
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltherLeopold View Post
    I fully realize that this is Blizzards' game and they are free to do with it as they please, I can't stop them.

    I am however responding to people who erroneously say that this change has no or neglible impact on a regular player, that it primarily or only targets bots, which it doesn't. I am impacted.
    So you'll adjust, or you wont...

    --- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

  18. #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    So you'll adjust, or you wont...
    Ofcourse. Now what was the point you were trying to make or are you just trying to be provocative?

  19. #119
    Quote Originally Posted by angrys13 View Post
    Are you really finding yourself in a situation where this is hindering your gameplay?
    It actually is a pretty big hindrance to a lot of people who farm for certain items or gold in a legitimate way by using instances. As well as those who level by aoe farming dungeons. Good thing Jokerd got his dagger from mara before this change.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Don’t think there’s any human that can do 30 dungeons a day every day.

    Would mean play constantly 24/7 without interruptions.
    Tell that to Jokerd.

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Benjen666 View Post
    #1 - 2020/06/16 02:59:18 PM
    As part of our ongoing efforts to eliminate exploitative and automated gameplay, with scheduled weekly maintenance in each region, we’re implementing the following change to our settings on all WoW Classic realms:

    You may now enter a maximum of 30 unique instances (dungeon and raid) per day, per realm.
    This restriction complements the current limit of 5 instances per hour. Now, when a player enters a dungeon or a raid, the game checks to see if they have entered 5 instances in the last hour or 30 instances in the last 24 hours, and if they have, they cannot enter the instance until enough time has elapsed. This check is across all of your characters on your realm.

    These limits only apply to dungeon and raid instances, and do not apply to PvP battlegrounds.
    Come on mate. There is no way you hit those caps with legit gameplay. Like not at all.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •