Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanaria View Post
    Being the strongest character isn't a high point for me, otherwise I'd roll Draenei and be going nuts over Velen.
    Based and Draeneipilled. I jest about these kinds of things to be contrarian, but the Draenei are actually not afforded enough respect by the playerbase. It's a great shame they've barely had time in the spotlight throughout the game's history.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    We currently have bright hands, just add green, the same with tattoos.
    Not with the same outline. That should be a 2nd option in the handglow as the outline has been asked for, for a while.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Le Conceptuel View Post
    Hrm, I do wonder if this is meant to suggest that Nightborne can still be born with golden eyes within the context of the lore, or if this is just an extension of our options to be taken for itself. I'm definitely inclined to think of Azshara in connection to Highborne with golden eyes in general.
    I mean.. it's pretty darn close. The golden eyes look surprisingly good.
    Belt part currently bugged, also on the ptr, but to give you an idea what you can do.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2023-03-15 at 01:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post

The handglow, tattoo and eyes like this. Also the different outline with the hands, which would alo be welcome for the current purple glow we have.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree, picture above me shows some cool options that are unavailable currently.
    Oh yes, that would be so cool. Now that x-faction guilds will be a thing, I actually think about playing Nightborne Mage. If we get those customizations, I would definitely roll a warlock.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaedan View Post
    Oh yes, that would be so cool. Now that x-faction guilds will be a thing, I actually think about playing Nightborne Mage. If we get those customizations, I would definitely roll a warlock.
    Ye, I figured the archimonde cloth gear from wod raid would make for a nice felborne look, (headpiece, belt and shoulders and add in some short pants/hotpants) with these options, it would look great I think. Some additional npc faces would be welcome as well, the felborne guy looks fierce, male face are still kinda derpy.

Not with the same outline. That should be a 2nd option in the handglow as the outline has been asked for, for a while.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean.. it's pretty darn close. The golden eyes look surprisingly good.
    Belt part currently bugged, also on the ptr, but to give you an idea what you can do.
    I think it is something that the devs should be able to add without problem. green eye color is a good start

I don't think it's horrible female nightborne looks good. but they need more customization! green eyes to play felborne is a good step

I think this was also a victory for the alliance. The void elves are the allied race with the most customizations. and with the dark rangers the alliance gained customization for two races and the horde only for one.

it's only fair that the nightborne have felborne customization
    I think we are almost always exclusively talking about males. I prefer the original Nightborne ears, not sure why they changed them tot he bat like ones , but on the females it doesn't look too bad.

the females are often quite pretty, the night female is pretty too, even though she was also nerfed, they literally cut down her boobs, and her ass, and then enlarged those of the blood elf female. Then they gave her a 4 pack stomack - i mean wth.

The faces are the same, if you look at Nightborne and Night elf faces, it's just slimmer version of the same face, the male options have far less wrinkles too so they don't look old and gnarled.

Somehow they had a concept art discussion for ngiht elf males in wow, and forgot, tht they would even be more youthful and vibrant looking than females given their lore and magic.

I mean:
    1. You're connected to the well of etenrity - so that obviously gives you longer life etc
    2. You're surrounded by the arcane magic of hte well and moonwells great for your age
    3. You use nature magic that generates life - you don't get healthier to.
    4. You sleep lots and lots.

THere is no way males end up so old looking and females so young.. just no way. I would understand an old face or 2 to give the gnarled look, esp for demon hunters who are horribly scarred by fel, but the direction of nighte lves..eek.

I expected the beard
    I expect a more rugged macho appearance or capability (i.e. customisation options) for one
    But I also expected you could make very dashing and handsome male elves in peak physical condition

Notice how they even nerfed the body definition that the classic one had where that guy's body was cut and ripped., and yet lost definition, neck shrunk in 6.0 and looked even goofier, with his head pointing forward in what is NOT an attractive or upright look for males, and which the original model didn't have.

The nightborne faces are based on that. And the night elf male model horrible bits are corrected in the Zandalar troll model which is the same model trollified.

REally disgraceful.. only the demon hunter male's body somewhat makes up a little bit, having at least an option that had the level of definition you expected to translate over.

but then they also nerfed the void elf male's body. Nope, couldn't help or have the alliance models have anything over the blood elf ones.

Bias and favourtism - rather than caring to give best versions you could make of your characters that reflect your lore well, you edge out to keep your favourites ahead.

While I was pleased of the Nightborne changes they made, I'm surprised how they took on board nearly every community suggestion for them, and yet largely ignored valid ones made for the night elf models.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    I think we are almost always exclusively talking about males. I prefer the original Nightborne ears, not sure why they changed them tot he bat like ones , but on the females it doesn't look too bad.

the females are often quite pretty, the night female is pretty too, even though she was also nerfed, they literally cut down her boobs, and her ass, and then enlarged those of the blood elf female. Then they gave her a 4 pack stomack - i mean wth.

The faces are the same, if you look at Nightborne and Night elf faces, it's just slimmer version of the same face, the male options have far less wrinkles too so they don't look old and gnarled.

Somehow they had a concept art discussion for ngiht elf males in wow, and forgot, tht they would even be more youthful and vibrant looking than females given their lore and magic.

I mean:
    1. You're connected to the well of etenrity - so that obviously gives you longer life etc
    2. You're surrounded by the arcane magic of hte well and moonwells great for your age
    3. You use nature magic that generates life - you don't get healthier to.
    4. You sleep lots and lots.

THere is no way males end up so old looking and females so young.. just no way. I would understand an old face or 2 to give the gnarled look, esp for demon hunters who are horribly scarred by fel, but the direction of nighte lves..eek.

I expected the beard
    I expect a more rugged macho appearance or capability (i.e. customisation options) for one
    But I also expected you could make very dashing and handsome male elves in peak physical condition

Notice how they even nerfed the body definition that the classic one had where that guy's body was cut and ripped., and yet lost definition, neck shrunk in 6.0 and looked even goofier, with his head pointing forward in what is NOT an attractive or upright look for males, and which the original model didn't have.

The nightborne faces are based on that. And the night elf male model horrible bits are corrected in the Zandalar troll model which is the same model trollified.

REally disgraceful.. only the demon hunter male's body somewhat makes up a little bit, having at least an option that had the level of definition you expected to translate over.

but then they also nerfed the void elf male's body. Nope, couldn't help or have the alliance models have anything over the blood elf ones.

Bias and favourtism - rather than caring to give best versions you could make of your characters that reflect your lore well, you edge out to keep your favourites ahead.

While I was pleased of the Nightborne changes they made, I'm surprised how they took on board nearly every community suggestion for them, and yet largely ignored valid ones made for the night elf models.
    They also ignored requests from blood elf players for tattoos and scars. the blood eves received very little customization

3+ Year Old Account
    https://www.hiveworkshop.com/threads...reaker.346945/

Highborne Spellbreaker by Varendis

too bad it has lots of issues that still weren't fixed until today so I had to not approve it
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

They also ignored requests from blood elf players for tattoos and scars. the blood eves received very little customization
    True, however those are customisation additions rather than model corrections and enhancements.

I'm sure Belves and void elves will get tattoos in the next racial upgrades.

What i'm not sure off is whether they'll fix night elves.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    True, however those are customisation additions rather than model corrections and enhancements.

I'm sure Belves and void elves will get tattoos in the next racial upgrades.

What i'm not sure off is whether they'll fix night elves.
    Always disliked we got slimmer night elf faces and not the actual npc faces, which look more proud, regal and sharp feautures. Npcs also have slimmer ears and smaller hands. The nightborne male model is still a disaster imo.

They tried so hard to distance them from night elves, but the model is still not were it should be imo.

Always disliked we got slimmer night elf faces and not the actual npc faces, which look more proud, regal and sharp feautures. Npcs also have slimmer ears and smaller hands. The nightborne male model is still a disaster imo.

They tried so hard to distance them from night elves, but the model is still not were it should be imo.
    Yeh, I dont disagree, at all. I suspect a fix to the night elf model will also help the Nightnirne model, but as we saw , not all blood elf changes carried over to void elves.

And when nightborne males got a fair few extra faces, and young ones at that, night elf males only got one which was a change in the snarl, so we might not.

We can only hope. I noticed night elves didnt get the green eyes either, I've seen request for those since Malfurion sported them in 7.x, but that might just be because they go per single race rather than double up. The nightborne green appears the same tinge as the emerald dream green, which leads me to suspect it's an effect of the Arcandor rather than fel. The fel green is different, at least from the NPC Felborne green - but we can't say for sure what colour the green officially represents if they dont tell us. But I guess it wont matter to players who can use it to roleplay any fantasy or story for their character.

Atm, like the hair, I've decided to stop reading lore developments into those changes that largely seem to just give us variety rather than show development, as many of the new ones on the various races, in particular the new hair colours have no explanation I can think of lore wise outside just giving us more variety.

Still, having the Felborne green glow for warlocks or even opening up the demon hunters to Nightborne (and void elves) would be a nice touch for green tone nightborne, but so would opening the druid class to them also, especially giving a choice of solar yellow, emerald nature green or arcane purple hand glow colours, three colours associated with the druid class and elven balance of nature.
    Last edited by Mace; 2023-03-22 at 12:38 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeh, I dont disagree, at all. I suspect a fix to the night elf model will also help the Nightnirne model, but as we saw , not all blood elf changes carried over to void elves.

And when nightborne males got a fair few extra faces, and young ones at that, night elf males only got one which was a change in the snarl, so we might not.

We can only hope. I noticed night elves didnt get the green eyes either, I've seen request for those since Malfurion sported them in 7.x, but that might just be because they go per single race rather than double up. The nightborne green appears the same tinge as the emerald dream green, which leads me to suspect it's an effect of the Arcandor rather than fel. The fel green is different, at least from the NPC Felborne green - but we can't say for sure what colour the green officially represents if they dont tell us. But I guess it wont matter to players who can use it to roleplay any fantasy or story for their character.

Atm, like the hair, I've decided to stop reading lore developments into those changes that largely seem to just give us variety rather than show development, as many of the new ones on the various races, in particular the new hair colours have no explanation I can think of lore wise outside just giving us more variety.

Still, having the Felborne green glow for warlocks or even opening up the demon hunters to Nightborne (and void elves) would be a nice touch for green tone nightborne, but so would opening the druid class to them also, especially giving a choice of solar yellow, emerald nature green or arcane purple hand glow colours, three colours associated with the druid class and elven balance of nature.
    Night elves should get the green eyes because of druidism for sure. As of nightborne, well I am.pretty sure we are not getting a lore explanation, but the amber eyes( more like yellow/golden) seems more like a sunwell or mage thing.
    Maybe they are just doing that because they know people want to rp as a highborne class elf like Azshara and this is giving that exact look. I am not a huge fan of nightborne druids as In I dont care if they will be playable at all, as I dont think its something the nightborne should have perse. This fits night elves better imo.If we must.., then there are many option available that could work.. travelform manasaber etc..

Green eyes for nightborne doesnt realy give them a nature vibe at all and more like the felborne, but without green tattoos or green mana hands it will not be enough to create that felborne look. Nightborne druids having purple eyes for example, could also be their thing for druids if they wanted to.. using mana instead of nature or a combination.

The thing is tho..I just dont expect any explanation for the colors, so it will likely just be there for rp purposes and nothing else. I guesa its your own intrepetation, just how darkfallen/dark ranger costumization was. Its really annoying they work this way now.

On the faces.. man have you seen what facea they addes for nightborne? Past face 6 nothing looks good. Males nothing looka good as they kept the derpyness of the night elf model and try to slap something else on top. Seeing sigryn walking in suramar and then me with my plastic chin piece that looks coated with golden spraypaint and derpy face. Makes me wish they just listened more to the actual serious feedback people almost shouted. So I know how you feel after all those years.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2023-03-22 at 04:44 PM.

Night elves should get the green eyes because of druidism for sure. As of nightborne, well I am.pretty sure we are not getting a lore explanation, but the amber eyes( more like yellow/golden) seems more like a sunwell or mage thing.
    Maybe they are just doing that because they know people want to rp as a highborne class elf like Azshara and this is giving that exact look. I am not a huge fan of nightborne druids as In I dont care if they will be playable at all, as I dont think its something the nightborne should have perse. This fits night elves better imo.If we must.., then there are many option available that could work.. travelform manasaber etc..
    Interesting, because I instantly thought the amber eyes were exactly that - the night elf thing. Like Azshara had and some night elves do, afterall, there is no reason why all their eyes should exclusively be silver - the nightwell didn't mutate the eyes, only the ears, and darken the pigment of the skin, everything else remained the same, down to the fangs in their mouths - off course they're thinner (you will be if all you ate was a mana drink for thousands of years), in fact, what was odd was when they gave night elf males the golden eyes in classic

Because lore wise, that was extremely rare, but they explained it was a customisation option they wanted to have available they said. We should have had night elves with silver eyes all round and only the occasional rare NPC with golden.. but they wanted players to have that and in classic, having eye selection wasn't a thing.

I think they've just unlocked the options and thought .. ah we can give them gold cos they're night elves and that sometimes occur, I suspect green because of the arcan'dor but could be wrong - I think the eyes were given based on lore - otherwise why not give other colours?

I don't suspect the amber/gold is anything to do with the sunwell though, the "light" eyes of the blood elves was only recently developed through strong connection to the light via the sunwell's divine light half connection, it is more associated with the holy magic users (but obviously not restricted to them, just like the night elf black moon black eyes), - there is no record of Nightborne tapping into the sunwell as far as i know or following the light - I keep reminding Rhlor that for all their friendship he must remember that Nightborne are not purple blood elves (that's void elves), they are a different society and civilziation - namely the kaldorei pre-sundering society in the Legion invasion period of that era ( a very very specific time frame - that lasted a few hundred years, but stretechted to 10,000 amongst the Nightborne and possibly Shen'dralar), while having things in common with blood elves, there are also stark differences too.

Green eyes for nightborne doesnt realy give them a nature vibe at all and more like the felborne, but without green tattoos or green mana hands it will not be enough to create that felborne look. Nightborne druids having purple eyes for example, could also be their thing for druids if they wanted to.. using mana instead of nature or a combination.
    I wondered that, but the shade.. it's not the acid green of fel, it's the green of nature - which is why I was led to the Arcan'dor, which is the now the centralised heart of the Nightborne that replaced the Nightwell. And I suspect is a hint to incoming Nightborne druids - in line with all the new race/class combos that are incoming.

But I suspect you can use the colours to roleplay fel or the light instead of their kaldorei roots to destiny/potential and nature. That compliments the arcane signature that silver eyes has always represented in the night group of elves.

The thing is tho..I just dont expect any explanation for the colors, so it will likely just be there for rp purposes and nothing else. I guesa its your own intrepetation, just how darkfallen/dark ranger costumization was. Its really annoying they work this way now.
    Yep, exactly, and agreed. While I strongly suspect if we ask for fel green glow hands we will get them, and I suspect they'll go one step further and give us solar golden glow which you could roleplay as light or solar magic - I know people like Rhlor and Tanaria will instantly think it's the light because of the blood elves, just like they think it's fel instead of the Arcan'dor.

They'd continue to forget or ignore the established lore of the nightborne that shows the nature wielders amongst their people as we saw of the Gardeners in Suramar Palace (aka The Nighthold) that handle solar (yellow), nature (green) and arcane (silver) in the Nightborne raid, ignore that they are kaldorei moon and star based people that have had a minor mutation and so the golden eyes are more likely a reflection of that.. They'll do this because I've noticed most players treat the Nightborne as purple blood elves rather than as Nightborne, the ancient kaldorei civilization they are [never understood the loathign for the race and its kaldorei lore/roots).

I've noticed an unusually high tendency to instantly jump to draw conclusions and developments about Nightborne from the blood elf lore and faction rather than the night elven one they clearly represent, as if never pausing or even remembering that race's very own lore which had two substantial patches with a lot of detail in addition to the pre-sudnering lore about the very kaldorei civilization they represent. I rarely see anyone reference the Nightborne lore, according to their posts and insights, they have everything because of blood elves in the eyes of these fans, which makes me stare in bemusement.

It's almost like they assume the Nightborne have no culture of their own and exist only within the fieldscope of the blood elves and far too often fail to adopt the Nightborne's on clearly unique and distinctive heritage and presentation. It is this that makes me think these guys just view them as alternative skins for blood elves.

On the faces.. man have you seen what facea they addes for nightborne? Past face 6 nothing looks good. Males nothing looka good as they kept the derpyness of the night elf model and try to slap something else on top. Seeing sigryn walking in suramar and then me with my plastic chin piece that looks coated with golden spraypaint and derpy face. Makes me wish they just listened more to the actual serious feedback people almost shouted. So I know how you feel after all those years.
    Yep, that's because it is the derpy night elf male face, we've wanted them to sharpen it and make it a bit more attractive or give some attractive ones for a while, but nope,they never give us. Whiles the nightborne faces are improvements, it's not by much, I constantly mistake my Nightborne for a night elf, but then I have also done that with my void elf, mistaking it for a blood elf. Not complaining about that, they are what they are, I just wish the males would be more attractive.

Nightborne have become a lot more boring than in legion days. Right now, all they seem to have for them is being good friends with blood elves, , they seem to have lost their identity tbh. We need to return to them soon to bring out more of htier kaldorei heritage, they are supposed to be night elves on the horde, and night elves that are friendly with blood elves. Just dwelling on the very obvious similarities is boring after a while and it doesn't teach the players anything new about them, doesn't make horde players feel more invested in the night elven world, nor does it expand their story.

yes, I know they got a huge storyline intro, unlike void elves. But we still had a lot pf started things to show. Life without the nightwell and with the Arcan'dor - what that balance actually means and draws out some of the original night elf. The return of being able to now worship Elune , their relationship with the night elves on the isles they were quite friendly with, like Farodin, the Val'sharah night elves and the Moonguard. The hope is if they ever get back to them, we'll start seeing some other sides to them develop, although they usually only do that with main races.

Night elves still have some areas that haven't been properly shown in wow and good do with more. We are now seeing a lot more of Elune in the night elves, which is good, I’d love to see Elune worshippers amongst the Worgen, Void elves (after seeing the Night warrior power), and maybe the Highmountain Tauren druid sect as we know the Mulgore Tauren are an An’she thing. Also it should be all the Nightborne too.

Horde Playerbase Also A Part of the Kaldorei
    The Night elves are too big and important to be restricted to one faction, it nerfs the scope of the race, but also halves the potential playerbase reach for a group that originally appealed to both factions before their inclusion into one faction. So I think this is very important to involve the horde in the night elves here too, sot hat night elf stories continue to touch the entire night elf community on both factions. Which is also why they need to hurry up and expand the Arcan’dor lore and introduce Nightborne druids, especially balance druids, and expand that spec’s lore with Nightborne coming into it through the Valewalkers which is the major storyline for them. It was never good that Night elf stories be perceived as “alliance” lore when in WC3 they were not fixed to those factions but their own. but since wow has two player factions having them in both can help bring more stories.

More Cool Part of Night Elves to Show
    They also haven’t shown us how incredible the Well of Eternity can be or the good things the night elves did or can do with it. I’d like to see that at some point to. it’s in the books but not the game. Suramar is an example but it’s shown a dangerous and corrupting power with a night elven society in a state similar to when the legion first invaded.

What we want is to see what they were like before Azshara got so reckless and addiction and arrogance seeped it, when it was truly at it’s best. We also haven’t seen them use that power to help themselves either which the y need for sure, so it would be nice to see a chapter for the Shen’dralar’s new Highborne caste to develop some wonders and the Moonguard kick some ***.

It is fitting this should be shown through the night elves too, so players know this side of the night elves has not been replaced by the arrival of the nightborne, likewise it is important the Nightborne take time to show a bit more of the Priesthood of Elune signifying how the priesthood operates in a kaldorei civilization and the balance druids to, which the Nightborne learn, to emphasise their kaldorei identity and roots, so they’re not just perceived as night elven looking blood elves, as actually nightborne , their own kaldorei race with their Elune version and druid version, which is their emphasis.

The difference between the two is emphasis. For the night elves, you will see Well of Eternity arcane wonder, not corruption, and how the Highborne have been restored to the true nobility they originally were in a kaldorei city. For the Nightborne you see temple priest version of the Order of Elune i.e. more casters(where the night elves show fighters and hunters), and on the druid side a balance druid emphasis and lore (where the night elves we’ve seen a lot more resto and guardian/feral. Off course the Nightborne still have arcane magic and civilization, and the night elves still have caster priests and balance druids… it’s just that the portrayal of these things or a side of these things is split that way between them.

TLDR Visualisation Targets
    it’s done this way to nail down the Nightborne identity, so horde players do feel part of the night elf world through the nightborne and will feel all those night elf books relate to them, for the Illidari stories, we already see the blood elves directly involved, so they can already feel apart of this.

It is also done to to show the majestic side of the kaldorei in the playable night elves themselves, so that while the main focus is hard faced sentinels and druids, you do have this wondrous side still alive , the majestic side from which we saw places like Suramar emerge. It will also help players connect the night elves themselves strongly with high elves, blood elves and nightborne as seeing it with night elven models shows you this is where this aspect of the elves comes from. Its important this is seen in game and not read in texts. you have to have more for night elves than old ruins and devastated forests. They have to have some really nice things. It doesn’t need to be an empire or sprawling civilization, but they need something.

Fixing the Disconnect
    Currently there is too much of a disconnect between night elves and other elves that was never intended, with the feeling that they just have nothing in common with the others, rather than have gone past the others being the originals who kept their integrity amidst all the changes forced to make. so it is very important you clearly see the arcane elf in the night elf, and the caster temple priest in them, even if the majority showings are sentinels, demon hunters and druids.

- - - Updated - - -

we need to have the players able to be wardens too. If Wardens don't come as a class, they should be some sort of customisation for Night elf and Nightborne rogues.

And yes, in the WoT, I feel all druids associated with night elves, i.e. including Tauren and troll ones should have fought the horde. And I think that if the night elf race is ever threatened, Wardens and Priests amongst the Nightborne should fight for them if Elune's will is known.

I would like the druid purpose and the Elune fellowship to transcend the faction divide, druids should be so devoted to nature, they will fight both the horde and the alliance if nature was being targetted in such an appalling way like it was in the War of thorns.

Same with Elune, if the faithful amongst either the night elf or nightborne population are being oppressed, they should be there, whether it's the horde or the alliance doing the oppression.

I'm enjoying the expansion of night elf tattoos to female bodies and some new ones on both male and female faces.

I'm also liking the Wow classic box art cover theme for the heritage armor - which is a powerful part of the fantasy - remember how only the Nightborne npcs had that look but you'd have to go back to WC3 to see them on the night elf? Then we saw them appear in the pre-patch for 8.0 but not available to players, so I'm glad they here.

However, one of the most exciting tattoo options are the ones that highlight the Priest and mage roles with the star tattoos glistening with arcane power of the stars Tyrande had on her Night warrior skin

and her Avatar of Elune skin.

I'd love those for my night elf - especially role playing a Moon Priestess and a Highborne arcane wielding night elf mage. It would reinforce that Elune power and Arcane heritage which has often been sidelined in the playable group -surprisingly, but it's also cool.

Remember blizz, the Moon Priestess and the Ancient Highborne magic caster are also very popular fantasies for this race.. not just the druid and the sentinel, and it would be so cool to have the tattoos.

- - - Updated - - -

They should be looking for interesting ways to bring out or make all the iconic things of races look really cool.

For night elves it’s:
    Sentinel stuff (face paints and body tatoos)
    Druid stuff (leaves and antlers)
    Highborne arcane stuff (glowy stars tattoos, star effects on hair)
    Moon Priestess stuff (glowy Crescent moon and NIght warrior and avatar of Elune - which works for arcane wielding highborne too)
    Demon hunter stuff - more fel features
    Warlock - access to Illidari customisations
    Younger less lined male faces

Blood Elves:
    Mage: Runic tattoos
    Farstrider: Hunter like War paints and wilder hunter type hair styles
    Blood knight & Priest: More light effects, like light tattoos, so it’s magical ( i won’t expect this for humans, but I would for blood elves and DRaenei.
    Demon Hunter - more fel stuff
    Warlock - access to illidari customisations
    Undead - DK undead customisations available to all for playing a darkfallen

Void Elves:
    Farstrider - Alleria tattoos
    Void mutations: - slew of options giving void mutations
    Customisiable glyphed racial: Can glyph entropic embrace to something to do with the arcane or light for high elves.

Nightborne:
    Re-work the arcane here
    Felborne green options - but also new lore for "felborne" including Felborne Demon hunters and warlocks
    Druid class and druid forms for night borne - would like to see a skinny moonkin.

Some new models and new night elf factions too.

We get to see more of the Order of Elune. It seems that the sentinels have a new wing. The Sentinels of the New Moon - these seem order of Elune specific, as opposed to the Black Moon sect that which has members from every class.

They both seem based on the Night warrior power - their eyes are black and this is directly linked to the night warrior power - but there has been no elaboration how much of this power is wieldable by night elves, either of the black moon sect or the New Moon Sentinels.

But the New moon sentinels seem to be an elite group, they appear in the new white armor colouration of the night elf heritage armor, but it seems also that both men and women are allowed. Sigh, i do miss the night elf stricter adherence to sex and powers. It was nice to see druids were men and priest, sentinels and wardens women. Didn't mind that maybe a few men joined, in fact having new groups like the New Moon and the Black Moon would have made sense to give men a larger role in the Order of Elune and then Druids of the Ashamane, the cat ones, give women larger roles amongst the druids.. but the NPCs would have something like all but 1 would be female. Now they're all mixed.

I also would not have minded that the Highborne Shen'dralar be a separate faction with it's own governance, and it's own lands, objectives everything, rather than all mixed, separate form the druids who are in turn separate from the main night elf population of the Darnassians. In Wc3 that is how it was, but they have all come together now, what I would have had was that they come together for massive threats, but otherwise, like the Illidari are, they are their own factions, segregated, a legacy of the Sundering to then be healed in a big story. The after effects of Legion expansion would have been perfect to create a new more integrated night elf race, with all the factions actually allied even if they still lived in different settings. Druids would still be based in a forest, the Darnassian faction would operate from a temple with homes around it, like a small town, the Highborne faction would live in a grand night elf city, like Eldre'thalas, or Nar'thalas or even Suramar, and then the Illidari faction would live in their legion vehicle either on Mardum or the Broken shore.

Also there is a new Ancient of Wind, liking the different look with a bird like face.. Maybe they should give them branch like wings. Their lore and purposes haven't really expanded though.

Last edited by Mace; 2023-11-21 at 09:58 AM.

Love making Night Elf hunters and using Feign Death. Tons of fun.

3+ Year Old Account
    https://www.reddit.com/r/warcraftlor...yc7/?context=3

Quote Originally Posted by u/Chromaticcca
    Description of the Warcraft 3 item Enchanted Gemstone:

"The enchanted gemstone was an artifact of the Kelani Magi. It is said to hold the power to make constructs out of pure energy. When the Kelani fell to ruin, the Razormane Quilboars were quick to scavenge and covet these beautiful and powerful objects."

Did you know about those Magi? Do you think they are simply Highborne?

The item is found in The Oracle mission, where Thrall retrieves the heart of Azsune, a fallen Night Elf Princess... which I believe is related to Azsuna in the Broken Isles. In Warcraft 3, the "Pillars of Azsune" are located nearby the Broken Shore.
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Why are we putting Nightborne and Kaldorei in the same category? They are just as much different as elves and trolls are.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Why are we putting Nightborne and Kaldorei in the same category? They are just as much different as elves and trolls are.
    They really aren't.

They are far closer than even BE/HE/VE is.