Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    They really aren't.

They are far closer than even BE/HE/VE is.
    It will never be closer then say blood elf/high elf ever. They are literally the same race.

Nightborne were transformed through the Nightwell and are actually their own race according to the lore. Separated from the Kaldorei, both physically and culturally.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2024-03-15 at 11:27 PM.

Nightborne and Naga are completely different to that of Night Elves now.

Both were Highborne changed either by Titan Magic (Nightborne) or Old God Magic (Naga.)

Also being separated from the night elves for 10,000 years...of course they wont relate to them now. The creation of Quel'Thalas and it's high volume of Arcane Magic - it was only natural that Naga in W3 and Nightborne in Legion would find common ground with the Elves of Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABf5i-ypDK8

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZR-Ou1Jf_w
    This is really cool. So many things can be done with Reforged. Imagine if Blizzard had a dedicated team on it.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    It will never be closer then say blood elf/high elf ever. They are literally the same race.
    So are Night Elves and Nightborne.

They are not "literally the same race".

For starters, High Elves didn't suffer Fel mutations that turned their eyes into an impure and corrupted green. The High Elves remained pure.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

Nightborne were transformed through the Nightwell and are actually their own race according to the lore. Separated from the Kaldorei, both physically and culturally.
    Honestly I wish they'd established that Highborne looked like High Elves & was actually stopping arcane dependance made Night elves buffer & more blue. That's how I assumed it worked in warcraft 3. It makes less sense that 10,000 years will turn a troll into an elf, but somehow the Sunwell changed High elves more drastically than the Well of Eternity?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post

For starters, High Elves didn't suffer Fel mutations that turned their eyes into an impure and corrupted green. The High Elves remained pure.
    So Nightborne are as different from Night Elves as Void elves are from High Elves.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Honestly I wish they'd established that Highborne looked like High Elves & was actually stopping arcane dependance made Night elves buffer & more blue. That's how I assumed it worked in warcraft 3. It makes less sense that 10,000 years will turn a troll into an elf, but somehow the Sunwell changed High elves more drastically than the Well of Eternity?So Nightborne are as different from Night Elves as Void elves are from High Elves.
    Either way, my point of Ne/NB being the same race stands

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post

High elves/blood elves are the same race still. Those so called mutations, didn't change them physically. The blood elves are just renamed High elves. There practise at the time didn't mutate them in such a way, as the Nightwell did with the Nightborne. (Not talking about the felfury elves, we don't play those). The high elves in game was only a political difference at the time then anything else, it kinda went to the backround since blood elves having high elves customization now and the Sunwell restored, idk how much more high elves you can get while playing a blood elf. It's just the name only now.

- - - Updated - - -

So are Night Elves and Nightborne.
    I don't think you understood what I said.

Nightborne/Kaldorei are much more separated in the sense that they were actually transformed over 10k years of the use of the Nightwell and are no longer Kaldorei., so no they are not the same, as in they are night elves no longer. Blood elf/highelf for that matter are pretty much just a political difference, but they remain the same race. There is a difference.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2024-03-16 at 08:46 PM.

Nightborne/Kaldorei are much more separated in the sense that they were actually transformed over 10k years of the use of the Nightwell and are no longer Kaldorei., so no they are not the same, as in they are night elves no longer. Blood elf/highelf for that matter are pretty much just a political difference, but they remain the same race. There is a difference.
    Okay but, would you consider Gnomes & Mechagnomes a different race? How about Stormwind Humans & Kul Tiran Humans? How about Highmountain & Mulgore Tauren? How about a light skin humans & a dark skin human? If these are still the same race despite slight differences in appearance, I'm going to say all elves are elves.

Nightborne don't even worship Elune anymore. What argument is this lol.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Nightborne don't even worship Elune anymore. What argument is this lol.
    They literally have a temple dedicated to Elune... also for thousands of years they had their own version of the Sunwell called the Nightwell...

Nightbourne are literally just highbourne who got trapped in a giant bubble instead of being forced to sail to another continent

They literally have a temple dedicated to Elune... also for thousands of years they had their own version of the Sunwell called the Nightwell...

Nightbourne are literally just highbourne who got trapped in a giant bubble instead of being forced to sail to another continent
    Which is ruined and full of fel magic. We interacted with no other Nightborne NPC who said anything about their godess. Thalyssra talks about the stars instead of the moon.

5+ Year Old Account
    We interacted with no other Nightborne NPC who said anything about their godess. Thalyssra talks about the stars instead of the moon.
    oh except you need a druid to grow an arcandor tree, and also, you really going to nitpick about stars versus the moon?

oh except you need a druid to grow an arcandor tree, and also, you really going to nitpick about stars versus the moon?
    That Druid is neutral and not part of the darnassian alliance group. They are not the same in culture.

That Druid is neutral and not part of the darnassian alliance group. They are not the same in culture.
    Yeah, but he's a night elf, so his powers come from Cenarius, son of elune. If they don't worship Elune, who do they worship? They have priests & moon iconography is all over their city. There are no atheist priests. Tyrande says herself a priest without a faith would just be an arcane mage.

Seems easy to assume while Nightborne aren't as obsessed with Elune as Night Elves are she's still their dominant religious figure.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2024-03-17 at 02:04 AM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Okay but, would you consider Gnomes & Mechagnomes a different race? How about Stormwind Humans & Kul Tiran Humans? How about Highmountain & Mulgore Tauren? How about a light skin humans & a dark skin human? If these are still the same race despite slight differences in appearance, I'm going to say all elves are elves.
    Its not me, but the game that tells you that this is the case for nightborne/kaldorei. Sure you can do that and yes all elves are elves, but that doesnt do or say much in this case.

Like I said Its not much what I would consider, I am just going by what we know and how the game treats it. Dark skin humans for example are still just humans in game, but Kul tiran are physically and culturally differnt and are treated as such. Hm tauren as much as I believe this should have been a costomization option for tauren and nothing more, is treated in game as an enough distiction between the two. I would consider hm/tauren the same race, but the game doesnt. Personally I thought this was one of the worst allied race to this day.

- - - Updated - - -

And were transformed by the nightwell, changed into the nightborne, which is well over 10k years of use. Nightborne are simply not Kaldorei anymore. They are also not highborne anymore either.. which was just a culture thing anyway from back in the day. As of Elune, she is not pressent in their current culture as far as I know.

So to circle back to the point of all this.
    No, they will never be as close as he/be even ve for those given reasons. Even now considering the game aknowledge that with the high elf options for both be and ve.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2024-03-17 at 10:18 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Its not me, but the game that tells you that this is the case for nightborne/kaldorei. Sure you can do that and yes all elves are elves, but that doesnt do or say much in this case.
    Burden of proof is on you. Source?

- - - Updated - - -

And were transformed by the nightwell, changed into the nightborne, which is well over 10k years of use. Nightborne are simply not Kaldorei anymore. They are also not highborne anymore either.. which was just a culture thing anyway from back in the day. As of Elune, she is not pressent in their current culture as far as I know.
    except for all of the moons in their architecture, and the significance of the moon in some of their spells... and welcoming night elf priestesses and druids into their society... weird, almost like they consider themselves to be the same people

We have no sources on any of that.

We have no sources on any of that.
    Only because Blizzard has an extremely non-committal attitude toward their own lore.