Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    i would basically pay to turn earth into star trek, socially, economically and scientifically.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    i would basically pay to turn earth into star trek, socially, economically and scientifically.
    Hopefully without the various wars.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

7+ Year Old Account
    Okay but if you have that insane level of technology then you should also be terraforming every other planet to be similar to Earth and then fill each with billions upon billions of people.

travel the world. go back to uni and get degrees in fields that have always interested me but would've been difficult to make any money--medieval European literature, archeology focusing on Bronze Age Greece, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    1. Immediately buy everything that exists right now and hire all people to work for me.

2. Direct all spare resources towards curing aging and death. Unlimited money is pointless if you will lose it all.

3. Convert Earth, then all other planets into increasingly useful stuff for problem solving. This last part can't ever come to an end since there are infinitely many problems in front of humanity.

- - - Updated - - -

If you have unlimited money then why not colonize all galaxies that can be reached?
    because it isn't 2200 and we still haven't perfected space travel.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Visit Japan and collect all the albums of my favorite Japanese singers.

Visit Israel.

Move to Seattle, Washington so that I could watch Seattle Mariners home games in person.

Write books and send them to a publisher. It wouldn't matter how many people read them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    because it isn't 2200 and we still haven't perfected space travel.
    Yeah but my question is why do people stop at 1 planet or 1 solar system? Human progress can't be limited to any finite amount otherwise it leads to a 'static society' which is doomed for failure and extinction. So people have to get rid of the idea that there is such a thing as a utopia and an "end goal" that can be reached.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but my question is why do people stop at 1 planet or 1 solar system? Human progress can't be limited to any finite amount otherwise it leads to a 'static society' which is doomed for failure and extinction. So people have to get rid of the idea that there is such a thing as a utopia and an "end goal" that can be reached.
    you do realize the question is what would you do with YOUR LIFE? meaning something you can feasibly and realistically accomplish in your lifetime with unlimited wealth and or money? right now getting to planets and other galaxy spanning stuff ISN'T feasible due to limitations of time and technology.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    you do realize the question is what would you do with YOUR LIFE? meaning something you can feasibly and realistically accomplish in your lifetime with unlimited wealth and or money? right now getting to planets and other galaxy spanning stuff ISN'T feasible due to limitations of time and technology.
    Right so that's why I would personally use the infinite wealth to prioritize medical and anti-aging research ahead of space travel. I'm pretty sure everyone would agree that there is nothing more important than our health. Like what's the point of having a trillion trillion dollars if you're just going to use it to have fun and then die.

I would probably live in a nice place, and finance movies/video games/etc that I think are cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Drummer View Post
    basically money is unlimited

i would buy a Mansion then play fifa all day.
    Play video games all day.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    begs the question: is MY amount unlimited or is money no object at all ?
    donating would be off the table then, as everybody else is able to shell out money too to satisfy their needs.
    and nobody would "work" for me, unless it is their hobby and therefore voluntary.

my wealth or everybody's wealth: doing stuff for fun and nothing else.
    means a lack of productivity, which is not sustainable on large scale if everybody and their grandma chills 24/7, even in just one powerhous of economy.

if it is just me: fun stuff as above and travel the world. donating is a thing of course; money means nothing to me then, but the world to somebody elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    travel the world. go back to uni and get degrees in fields that have always interested me but would've been difficult to make any money--medieval European literature, archeology focusing on Bronze Age Greece, etc.
    This.
    And I'd all but live at university learning how to read and write every language..

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd start an environmental initiative to reverse man made climate change. I would get a lot of strippers too.

Buy multiple houses in every country, private plane, etc. so I could freely travel wherever I wanted to at the time.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

My boon would be the boon of several charities and my closest friends and family.

For myself, I've always seen pictures and youtube videos of people exploring abandoned malls and I've wondered what could be done with the space, what kind of possibilities... So, I'd like to buy a recently-abandoned mall somewhere and begin renovating it into a massive mansion just for giggles. Sure, I could afford to build a custom home from scratch, but re-purposing such a vast building just seems more appealing somehow.

15+ Year Old Account
    Eh, you can call your flat a mansion and play fifa all day, you don't need money for that.

I would start a human improvement/modification corporation. Bio editing, biohacking, artificial limbs, brain implants, designer babies, and various other human upgrades. Building better humans.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cidzor View Post
    Two chicks at the same time, man.
    One of my all-time favorite movies. Think I've seen it 8-9 times.

Okay but if you have that insane level of technology then you should also be terraforming every other planet to be similar to Earth and then fill each with billions upon billions of people.
    Sure if I have to bring back my "spock" to life then I will do that.....
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

basically money is unlimited

you would get bored of it very fast.

i have seen it in case of my mother - for years i heared what she will do when she will retire.

all it took was 2 years for her to go back to work because of how bored she was on daily basis - when work let her meet people and have general purpose on daily basis.

and now she is much happier when she has a reason to get up from bed in the morning

7+ Year Old Account
    Sure if I have to bring back my "spock" to life then I will do that.....
    What does that mean? Oh are you talking about that "Genesis device" they had in Star Trek movie II or III that resurrected Spock. That would be awesome if we could bomb a planet with that device and then send our dead people there in order to get a free baby that will grow up in a matter of hours. How preposterous, lol
    Last edited by PC2; 2020-06-20 at 11:17 PM.