Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warcraft is just alll killing people now.

I have been hearing some folks say this on the internet and I agree. There is no deph to these stories anymore and Blizzard seems to throw away character development from previous expansions so that we can kill them later on(see Nzoth and Deathwing). Same thing is going to happen in shadowlands we are going to kill the Jailer in the end so the tension and mystery is gone. They need to bring in competent writers again.

What do you mean "now"? When have we not killed characters in expansions? You seem to think this is something new. Why not post this on your main account?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas144 View Post
    I have been hearing some folks say this on the internet and I agree. There is no deph to these stories anymore and Blizzard seems to throw away character development from previous expansions so that we can kill them later on(see Nzoth and Deathwing). Same thing is going to happen in shadowlands we are going to kill the Jailer in the end so the tension and mystery is gone. They need to bring in competent writers again.
    should probably bring in a better playerbase as well.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    should probably bring in a better playerbase as well.
    What would "a better playerbase" mean for you?
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Are you trolling? Classic and TBC were literally about killing random lore villains with no cohesive story whatsoever.
    The Void. A force of infinite hunger. Its whispers have broken the will of dragons... and lured even the titans' own children into madness. Sages and scholars fear the Void. But we understand a truth they do not. That the Void is a power to be harnessed... to be bent by a will strong enough to command it. The Void has shaped us... changed us. But you will become its master. Wield the shadows as a weapon to save our world... and defend the Alliance!

7+ Year Old Account
    I remember when I trained troops and sent them to kill people during Warcraft 1, 2 and 3 and was angry about not learning about each human peasant my grunts were mowing down
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Somehow I forgot about all those times we raided zones in order to have diplomatic conversations instead of boss fights. How dare we start killing now!

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Are you trolling? Classic and TBC were literally about killing random lore villains with no cohesive story whatsoever.
    Half of them weren't even villains, they just looked mean and had loot.

7+ Year Old Account
    The game really needs more poop collection quests. More poop gathering, less killing!

We didn't kill off Baine, Anduin, Thrall, Jaina, Sylvanas, or Azshara who were 6/7 of the expansion's main characters. I really don't see it.

Statistically speaking I think we're higher on the villain survival rate compared to the average expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    The game really needs more poop collection quests. More poop gathering, less killing!
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Poop_quest

It has its own wowpedia section. I think we're good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas144 View Post
    I stopped truly caring about the lore once they determined that there is only one Legion across infinite timelines. It is so nonsensical that I lost all interest in a coherent story. I just take my bits and pieces out that I like and roll my eyes at 99% of this mess.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Poop_quest

It has its own wowpedia section. I think we're good.
    When people start commenting on "Warcraft is just all about poop collecting now" THEN we will be good. We have a long way to go before that happens.
    Last edited by callipygoustp; 2020-06-20 at 07:11 PM.

Instead of crafting war, we should be fostering positive relationships. We should change the name to Peacefulhappytime

"We're just killing people now"

WARcraft

...uhuh

And yet, Tyrande and Malfurion are still alive. They are so... infuriating and outright evil.

Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    outright evil.
    And how exactly are those two evil in anyway?
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Literally the biggest mistake of BC which Blizz somehow retconned.

There was tremendous potential with BC characters. It doesn't mean that gaps aren't filled in, especially when much of the story from the side of 'the enemy' is not explicitly told.

A great example of this is the mystery of how Azshara's naga had a vested interest in Outland and aiding Illidan. Or even Vashj's decision, to literally save the Belfs in WC3.

It is called WARcraft, It'd be odd if we werent murderhobos.

The entirety of the game is about killing things and becoming better at it.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW have been killing off previous characters since Warcraft 2: Tides of Darkness with Lothar being the first big casualty in Warcraft lore.

I kind of like Warcraft has been killing people off, Warcraft is a every hanging game and I have always liked that about it

We speak about the Legendary Uther today but if he hadn't died in Warcraft 3 you'd all be sick of him by now lol :P