Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

Favorite moment of Each Expansion

Hello all. This is a serious question actually, and I wanted to see what everyone else liked about every expansion, even the bad ones. Starting from Vanilla and Ending with BFA, What was your favorite moment of each expansion and time in Warcraft.

Vanilla:I didn't get a chance to play Vanilla back in the day, since I joined Very late into TBC's life. But I will say what I am liking about Classic. I think my favorite thing about Classic is the community. There are so many people on my server that are actually helpful and aren't dicks (Mind you, I am on a rp server) This is something that is seriously missing in Retail. My favorite moment has to be getting my Warlock mount for the first time.

The Burning Crusade:
    I joined very late into TBC's life. (Close to Wrath releasing pretty much) and I can't really say I got to experience max level all to much. However my favorite moment would have to be being killed by the Fel reaver xD. I was questing in HFP and I didn't know the thing existed. My screen begins to shake and I turn around, only to pretty much be one shot by this giant thing. it was probably my favorite moment cause I hadn't died up to that point xD.

Wrath of the Lich King: I have 2 favorite moments during wrath. The first was my first time ever Raiding. Ulduar to this day, was the first time I had ever raided anything with a group of people. It was a blast. My second favorite moment would have to be the Showdown with Arthas in ICC. Seeing that Cinematic after wiping almost 10 times on him. Was so rewarding. I had watched some WC3 Let's plays and have to say. This is probably the best moment in WoW.

Cataclysm: Cata was an interesting time. The old world was gone and replaced with new quests, new revamped zones, and I decided to make a new character and level. I will never forget during leveling, Deathwing suddenly setting the zone on fire. One shot me and many others leveling. it was my favorite moment of the expansion. Something many new people will sadly never get to experience.

Mists of Pandaria: I am gonna keep this one short and simple. My favorite moment was the Thundering Isles. Progressing through the story there was good. Mop had a decent story. Just wish it hadn't ended with Garrosh going cra cra.

Warlords of Draenor:
    This is my least favorite expansion for many reasons. It started off great. I like the Garrisons to this day. I wish we could get some player housing tbh in WoW. Many other games have it, and I don't think it would be very hard to do. My favorite moment of this expansion would have to be all of the Cinematics through the zones. Shadowmoon, and Velan Sacrificing himself to save a Naaru. Marad Shielding Yrel after an explosion and sadly dying. Thrall vs Garrosh, and legit feeling bad for Garrosh. And yes, Thrall cheated. It's too bad the expansion was kinda fucked over by poor creative choices.

Legion: By far one of my favorite expansions. My favorite moment would have to be getting the Ashbringer and watching Tirion pass away and shedding a tear. The Expansion was very fun, but I do feel it lacked in the end. Another favorite moment of the expansion was getting the Class mounts. I will never forget my Warrior punching the protodrake xD

Battle for Azeroth: Oh boy.. I honestly don't know what to put here for BFA. It's down there with WoD sadly. But if I had to pick a favorite moment, and there isn't many. It would have to be doing a warfront for the first time. I honestly liked the Warfronts and felt it was one of the best things the expansion had. Sadly it felt underdeveloped even with Heroic added. I wish there would of been a pve/pvp type Warfront. Would of made things interesting, but it probably would of pissed a lot of people off. As if you couldn't piss people off anymore.

Shadowlands: I have yet to experience the Beta or Alpha, but from what I can see. I think the main thing I am going to enjoy is seeing the revamped leveling stuff. Sure it's pretty much the same as everytime i've leveled, but It will be very interesting to see what else they do. Would love a classic option tbh, but that wont happen. Another thing I am looking forward to is finally being able to solo the Legion stuff and getting some amazing looking gear. Legion had some of the best looking sets tbh.

Well, Those are my favorite moments. What are yours? Cheers all! look forward to discussing it.
    Last edited by Vrinara; 2020-07-16 at 11:19 PM.

WOD: the end.

BFA: the end.

Personally, the best part of WoD for me was the day Legion released.

For most expansions: The end was the best. In most cases it was where the devs finally pulled their heads out of their collective rear ends and made all the stuff they SHOULD have had happen in the beginning, happen. Where all the things that made the game feel GOOD in each era was introduced.

But in more recent time, after the introduction of Legacy Loot and the buff, I gotta say, the BEGINNING of an expansion is fun as hell too. Getting to max, getting a decent level of gear and then go back and smash previous raids for mogs. Gotta love it. Looking forwards to semi-afking most of Legion raids on Mythic soon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrinara View Post
    Hello all. This is a serious question actually, and I wanted to see what everyone else liked about every expansion, even the bad ones. Starting from Vanilla and Ending with BFA, What was your favorite moment of each expansion and time in Warcraft.

*snip for sake of space*

Well, Those are my favorite moments. What are yours? Cheers all! look forward to discussing it.
    Nice idea for a topic.

Vanilla: founding my guild, followed by getting Quel'serrar for my warrior and Rhok for my hunter.

BC: guild's first Karazhan clear, then our first BT clear.

Wrath: beating ICC and hearing all my friends and guildies whoop and holler until the cinematic started, then everyone shut up. lol

Cata: beating Heroic Ragnaros despite removing a clique of troublesome people from our raid group who were like "lol GL finishing without us".

Mists: Flex Siege raids with my guild, we would bring along 'nooby' guild members and friends who didn't raid to get them mounts and heirlooms. Damn good times.

Warlords: exploring SMV for the first time. I still consider that zone to be one of the best in the game. Runner up would be raiding BRF, which was a great raid.

Legion: finishing the Nightborne questline and beating mage tower challenges. And really just the sense of finally putting the longstanding threat of the Legion to bed.

BFA: working on Mechagon content and farming all the fun mounts/toys/transmog stuff for my gnomes.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2020-07-16 at 11:39 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Vanilla. I think it was the moment my guild finally killed Nefarian. Had some time in AQ after it, but that wasn't as cool as Nefarian.

TBC. My guild broke apart somewhere in middle so not many cool moments. I think it may be that I got on my server first on alliance side the netherwing mount, though second on entire server (a player on horde side got it first). As far as I know that is.

Wotlk. Oooh, so many moments. i got into the guild I stayed all the way and still I am in. So many moments. Yogg Saron kill was cool, we worked for that, but I think Lich King still takes the best moment. We failed there quite a while.

Cata. It was such a nondescript expansion. Nothing interesting really comes to mind. I quit playing at the end.

Mop. Only came back towards the end. Didn't do much.

WoD. I intended to get into raiding, but nah. Didn't happen. Not much there either.

Legion. Argus mythic kill. We wiped there for so long. Wipe wipe wipe. Just to survive a little longer. Until those little longers stacked far enough to bring a kill.

BFA. Pretty casual except uldir, but that raid was shite. Nothing really pointing anywhere. I liked it when I completed the mechagon achivement! I'll choose that.

Vanilla: BGs

TBC: Black Temple 10000000%

WOTLK: Leveling + ICC

Cata: Firelands

MOP: Whole expansion!!!!!!

WOD: I didn't enjoy content that much. Tho I did enjoy RBGs and class design.

Legion: Emerald Nightmare/Class order halls. Antorus was utterly disappointing. Writing and lore before anything else were HUGE disappointment.

BFA: Uldir-BOD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    MOP: Whole expansion!!!!!!
    This right here. ^
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hm...good thread!

Vanilla: Getting my mount, Getting to 60, First time going into Molten Core.
    Burning Crusade: Crafting the Spellpower set for my Mage, getting my flying mount, being the 2nd player on my server with the greater spellpower enchant
    Wrath of the Lich King: The Wrathgate (one of the greatest things in WoW history, and beating ICC with our guild, as we had done everything together in there.
    Cataclysm...nothing stands out except how well they reworked some of the zones, no really great memories.
    Mists of Pandaria: Getting AoTC in SOO, and feeling like a key part of that raid team. All the stuff with Loremaster Cho. Finding the Vial of the Sands recipe.
    WoD...like Cata, not many great memories, being solid on DPS in Highmaul. Wow that was a "meh" expansion.
    Legion. The Artifact quests and Class Hall experiences were great.
    BfA: Finally getting a Mythic above 2 completed (+9 Shrine), and the Old Soldier Cinematic.
    Last edited by taishar68; 2020-07-16 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Typo, misremembering.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Vanilla - After literal months of dungeon runs, I finished my Shadowcraft and Dal'rend's set in the same UBRS run on my rogue, my first and only 60. I spent the next month or so sitting outside of IF dueling everyone I could. There was this BWL-geared warrior, the main tank for my server's top guild, who would duel out here too. Aside from all epics, he was the only person to have Thunderfury on the server at the time. I finally beat this guy in a duel as a sword hemo rogue using every cooldown and consumable I had. Something about beating the top guild's main tank in a duel made me feel like the king of the server.

TBC - Played TBC early on but not much later. My favorite moment was leveling an affliction lock, getting him geared without a guild, then joining a raiding guild and going to Kara for the first time. I forget which boss it was, but I was tasked with tanking one boss by simply spamming Seed of Corruption. This was my first foray into raiding and it felt good to have a role.

WotLK - So many good moments here, wow. My favorite moment must be all of ICC though. I was raiding with RL friends, first year of college, downing heroic bosses as a spriest. It was just the pinnacle of my raiding honestly. I've never felt so entrenched in WoW as I did the last patch of ICC>

Cata - Pre-nerf heroic dungeons in the first patch. Nothing comes close. I rolled an Orc Warrior and it was SO damn fun. Getting full heroic dungeon geared before raids dropped made me feel ahead of the curve... which I haven't been since.

MoP - All of MoP was great. However, my favorite moment was playing a destruction warlock through each raid. The mobility was so fun. The cadence between AoE and ST with Fire & Brimstone was just on point. That gameplay was pinnacle warlock. I'm sure everyone knows what I'm talking about.

WoD - Enhancement shaman. All the way through, but particularly because of Fire Nova and the Soul Capacitor trinket from HFC. Runner up is playing holy pally in HFC.

Legion - Mage Tower. I only managed to get 4 appearances (MW/WW Monk, Enh/Ele Shaman) due to taking a hiatus, but damn was it fun. In particular, finally nailing the healing challenge as a MW monk after probably 50 attempts was just incredible.

BfA - BfA has been the worst expansion and least noteworthy, by far. However, after having quit for some time, the double XP brought me back, and this time, I set the goal of getting both 5-mask horrific visions done from a fresh toon. I accomplished that on a warrior about a month ago and don't regret playing.

Not a WoW is dead thread? How refreshing! Although I recently suspended my account, I gotta say, WoW was one of the most enduring games i could ever have been a part of. Here's my list:

Vanilla: The first time I logged in. I had never played an MMO, but am of the age in which WOW, for me, was basically what I saw in my head from the times I played D & D. Richly colored, various monsters, quests, vibrant main city, a killer music score, it had it all. I was hooked immediately.

TBC: A favorite xpac for me, with many top moments, starting with the entrance through the Dark Portal. The Fel Reaver may have been the best, though. Simply coming across the first one, with it's terrifying sound effects, overwhelming size, shaky screen, and of course, imminent death was thrilling. Completing Kara is a close second. To this day, Kara is still a top notch experience when compared to others.

Wrath: Hands down, beating the LK.

Cata: The unique hunter challenge pets, especially Deth'tilac. Ugh, some of those tames were brutal.

MoP: I finally got green fire on the warlock. It took so many tries, even after reading up all the tips/tricks. I seriously began to think I may have been the worst warlock in the history of WoW, it took me that many tries. But man, once I got it, a) it looked FANTASTIC and b) I actually knew how to warlock much, much better.

WoD: I liked the garrison. But overall, a bottom of the pile xpac.

Legion. Wow! Maybe my favorite one since TBC. Class halls were awesome. While I liked them all (played one of every class) I especially favored warrior and paladin. I also shed a tear when Ysera died. That was an awful cinematic. Oh, and the killing of Varian at it's intro hurt, too. Maybe I'm just too emo, lol.

BfA: Eh, the imagery was great. Not one to shit on Blizzard (after all, I got a 14+ year hell of a ride out of the game), I didn't love it. But that's because I finally grew beyond what the game provided, that's all.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, I should add one thing to TBC: I had rolled a paladin originally, not knowing they actually sucked for much of anything beyond healing. So I bought in and put on a dress. And then I became a healing GOD. There was virtually nothing I couldn't do to save my raid team, to the point of ensuring pets, too, didn't die. Of course, none of that happens in a vacuum, but damn, that mp5 and a few downranks of FoL meant I could keep you up forever!

10+ Year Old Account
    WOTLK: Started playing during the night elf mohawk promo thingy wich i believe was around 3.3.5, had a blast leveling to 80 on my paladin as my first toon

CATA: Doing transmog runs with my buddies late at night, it was pretty fun since we had to be really quiet so that none heard us .

MoP: I started raiding with my first guild during SoO, up until this point all my raiding had been with Pugs, and i was starting to become a really good tank, i even got recognised in SW by some dude who's guild i had helped progress through some of the more difficult bosses, i also did a ton of pvp and managed to pull off quite a few 1v2's in arenas as a ret paladin to boot.

WoD: Not a whole lot really, leveling was the best i had and would ever experience in draenor as i was chatting with my buddies as we each lvl'd on our own since the early days were so buggy, i took a break after capping and playing for a month and returned to HFC, wich was a ton of fun to raid because of the insane class trinkets and tier set bonuses.

Legion: Doing the mage tower while undergeared on my paladin felt pretty good, suramar was also a blast that i wish blizzard would've done again in BFA but alas, raiding was pretty fun too, and i loved artifact weapons

BFA: chasing some of the essences was allright i suppose, mechagon dungeon was pretty good, so was BoD i guess.

TBC - My first run in kara on my fresh lvl 70 druid right after getting flying, I was invited as a healer and spent half the night laughing because we were doing so bad but still had a great time

WotLK - The cinematic, omg that cinematic still gives me chills watching it but that doesn't count i suppose, i think when i first walked into grizzly hills and got to hear that entrancing music play. I just absolutely love that zone.

Cata - cata was a meh expansion for me, but i think the most memorable was my first run of firelands, it was just a cool raid and i loved getting my fire kitty form.

MoP - i just absolutely loved the starting zones, but my most memorable moment was when i happened upon the sha of anger world boss and was like WAT DA FUQQQQQ

WoD - upgrading my garrison to lvl 3

legion - the artifact was a cool experience and walking into the druid base area was pretty awesome

BFA - ehhhhhh i really just liked the alliance zones.

Most of these are going to be personal rather than a cinematic moment.

Vanilla: Seeing an infernal with my own eyes. I only played undead in WC3, and despite the meta, always ran dreadlord. Seeing an honest to god infernal in this scale, in this level of detail? Blew my mind.

BC: Outdamaging an idiot rogue in my raid. I heavily PVPed on a rogue in BC and started raiding with a friend to just fill up his roster. Being in full PVP gear, I had a low amount of hit. The day I got in, the other rogue in the raid started vague-roasting in vent about how "it's just funny when pvpers think they can just show up in pve and matter. Like, good luck actually hitting the bosses," stuff like that. Boss for boss, all night in SSC then all night in The Eye, I was second behind an arms warrior (windfury totem was so fun) and about 5% ahead of that rogue, despite them outgearing me in raw ilvl or whatever the item "power" we had back then was.

Wrath: Being a Death Knight and interacting with/killing Arthas. Arthas is my favorite lore figure. The... whole plot just filled my heart with sorrow and joy.

Cata: Starting to run my own guild. I stuck with that raid from BC until DS. As my playtime dwindled, I started pvping for fun and focusing on pve. I became the main tank on my DK and on off-nights, the highest dps on my rogue. And despite years of loyalty and hard work, the first deathwing daggers went to the guild leader's side piece of the month. So I pulled my characters out of the guild, as did a few other people, and we started our own raid and had a nice, drama free time for several expansions.

Mists: Siege. My favorite raid to this day. Also, Pandaria. Such a beautiful place.

Warlords: Quitting. Even in retrospect, trying to think of something positive to say about Warlords... I can't. The grindwall to flying started. Mission tables started. The story was awful, the raids weren't fun, pvp was not fun. But I appreciate it for being so bad that it made me realize that I could quit this game.

Legion: I came back during Tomb of Sargeras and had to quit again because of a promotion at work, but I really enjoyed just about everything. Class Halls were my runaway favorite, though.

BFA: I actually really enjoy Horrific Visions. I liked war mode okay at the beginning of the expansion, even as Alliance. Everything else has been Warlords-bad.
    Last edited by IAmTheLaw316; 2020-07-17 at 11:36 PM.

Vanilla: Pretty much impossible to pick out one best moments of this two year adventure into wow but i remember a very early experience when i jumped off the ledge of the loch modan dam, and felt that dropping feeling in my stomach from the fall ingame. Its happen many times since then but i remember that first time xD

TBC: I remember the marathon leveling we did during the first days. It was a blast and ive done overnight leveling in a party each expansion since at release.

Wrath: Ulduar, i fucking loved that place. Also leveling throu the zones with a grp of friends was a blast.

hmm, this is taking to long. Tldr most expansions i love the first month when i get to level up throu new zones and do all the dungeons and professions and try out the new raid.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla - Blackrock Mountain. There's just so much stuff in there!

BC - Karazhan. It's the best.

Wrath - Ulduar, natch. Bow down before the God of Death!

Cataclysm - The opening cinematic. I had fun with the rest, it never really hit the same note of epicness that it started with though. Bastion of Twilight was pretty good though.

Mists - Actually hard to pick one thing. Sha were cool, Thunder King was cool, Bad Garrosh was cool.

WoD - I like the over-arching story of things, leading up to Gul'dan usurping Grom. High quality cinematics at the end of each zone storyline was good.

Legion - Super Gul'dan.

BFA - I love all the eldritch Old God stuff. It's a shame that it led up to N'Zoth being freed and then defeated in one patch though, I think he could have carried an expansion. Saddest for no artbook though, and therefore no collector's edition for me. The end of an era!

Shadowlands - Kinda looks like a weird and detached expac so far, not sure how to feel. But visually it looks beautiful. Every expansion so far has had great art and character design and environments, and has been worth it to me to pick up. Shadowlands looks to be no expection.

Vanilla-when I realised you could swim in this game,all the other mmo's i played before you couldnt,i think i spent hours just swiming lol

Tbc-when I got my first shoulders from arena

Wrath- feeling for the first time complete with 2.3 tabard and the best gear from icc and arenas(icc patch was long so it was the first time i was fully geared)

Cata-just exploring the new revamped world,things felt a bit more fresh,lvling was also easier so alts felt better to do at the time,worgen were awsome and the zone

Mop-by this time the novelty of wow started to go down for me,it started becoming something more...averege and not as amazing,but proly the best thing for me was 5.2,thunder island was something pretty cool and different from any other patch zone in the past

Wod-killing myth archi probably,i always liked the demon stuff(loved tbc) and he and kiljaeden were my faves

Legion- unlike with archi in wod,killing kj didnt feel as good,he was crazy overtuned and had broken timers,so killing him after multiple nerfs and frustrating wipes didnt feel so good,specialy after an entire annoying tier in tomb with maiden and avatar,but helya on the other hand did feel good,she was an awsome boss mecanicaly and we got her down in a very high rank for us

Bfa-first expansion i started to take long breaks from...i honestly cant rly think of one specific thing i liked,maybe the changes to ele shaman,as i was rly glad to be rid of the legion rng slot machine rotation

SL-so far i rly like that leveling is getting improved,its been soooooo long overdue

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Tbc, just leveling and exploring the world.

Wrath, stating up late to hit 80 for the first time then staying up even later to kill all the horde leaders for the battle bear right after.

Cata, being the last one alive while fighting what’s his face the blind dragon as the tank and geting the last 5 or so % down Alone getting our first kill.

Mop, all of ToT every raid night was a joy in that wonderful place.

Wod, murdering a family of baby terror claws Only to find one didn’t aggro and taming it as a hunter pet instead of finishing the job.

Legion, knocking a shaman off a pillar when he tried to Gank me only for them to add me to battle.net and challenge me to a 1v1 even though they massively out geared me. Then getting my warrior friend to port over to the zone fly over and one shot him as I was near death.

BFA, running mechagon with friends to help get them the hard mode mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Vanilla: Exploring.
    TBC: Black Temple!
    Wrath: Crusader Bridenbrad's quest
    Cata: Liam Greymane.....he would've been a cool ass leader for the worgen if he didn't die. He is speech was cool as hell.
    MoP: I loved every zone and I fell in love with being a monk!
    WoD: Ariok....I hope he is alive!
    Legion: Watching the Blood elves and Night elves insult each other.
    BFA: Beware, beware...

Vanilla: getting epic mount, winning Flask of the Titans recipe (not many ppl on my server could craft it), joining my 1st raiding guild, 1st time killing Onyxia and finishng MC, clearing ZG and AQ20 and many more...

TBC: becoming officer and then GM of our casually raiding guild, getting netherdrake, making so many friends that after some time became irl ones... man it was such good time...

WotLK: our guild became slightly more serious - clearing most hardmodes and heroic ICC

Cata: class changes, BoT and BD were amazing then... it became totally dogshit and i started playing only casually

Pandas: uhh... nothing here i guess

WoD: worst xpack ever but i really enjoyed finishing all gold medals in CM's with irl friends

Legion: nothing i guess. i quit before Nighthold and never came back to retail

BFA: did not even play this dosghit