Poll: Should multiboxing be allowed?

Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    How exactly would you disable multiboxing?

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Brother if you can't see how saying a word has another fucking meaning than what the developers of the video game have stated then there's no point in discussing this further with you. You're free to keep living in this alternate dimension where the ability to look up the definition of a fucking word in the dictionary allows you to win arguments but back here in reality anybody who is able to form a constructive, rational argument realizes you're being ridiculous.

Have fun yelling at clouds, my dude -- I'm out.
    It does not have another meaning. The breaking the rules is only one way of cheating, but it is not the end of it's span. The definition is broader. It's inclusive, defines all cases, not just the one.
    I mean, if words don't win a discussion, what does? What are you talking about when you say reality? This is a thread asking for an opinion. You want to say to me that reality is that it isn't cheating cause you or someone else says so when the definition says that it can be? What reality is that? You personal one? Fair enough.
    I think anybody rational sees that i am right. But, have it your way. I don't like this kind of back and forth, but i wanted to defend people with legitimate arguments from being straw maned, like i was.
    In the name of civility i apologize if this stressed you. I don't have any ill will against you. Just a strong disagreement.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    I mean, the way would be to not allow one input to be replicated in multiple accounts. It would make it much easier to crack down on bots imo.
    If people still want to have 5 accounts, and put on follow and click 1,2,3,4,5 for each one to cast say a moonfire, i think that would be totally fine. If the inputs are all being sent at the same time in an automated way, i personally find it to be the problem.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2020-08-22 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    I mean, the way would be to not allow one input to be replicated in multiple accounts. It would make it much easier to crack down on bots imo.
    If people still want to have 5 accounts, and put on follow and click 1,2,3,4,5 for each one to cast say a moonfire, i think that would be totally fine. If the inputs are all being sent at the same time in an automated way, i personally find it to be the problem.
    I find it strange for you to have a strong opinion either way, considering you clearly have absolutely no understanding of what multi boxing is and how it works.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post

It's cheating and i think it should be banned. .
    Cheating by what definition? By your own personal "i don't like this so im chucking a label on it" standard?

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    And do you? I am asking for actual verifiable evidence that multiboxers are ruining the game in the way people claim they are.

Besides seeing the game flooded with multiboxers farming? As I said, I have not played recently so I do not know. That is why I am asking. Are people seeing a flood of multiboxers? Because when I played, I rarely see multiboxers.

So how about posting videos of multiboxers? I do not deny they do not exist. I am asking for verifiable evidence from people like you that shows this is a major problem. Or maybe you do not know actually how big the problem is.

Besides, this is a discussion about whether multiboxers are allowed.
    Go away sea lion. You've been repeatedly provided proof including me which you conveniently left out of your quoting.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out

Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    And do you? I am asking for actual verifiable evidence that multiboxers are ruining the game in the way people claim they are.

Besides seeing the game flooded with multiboxers farming? As I said, I have not played recently so I do not know. That is why I am asking. Are people seeing a flood of multiboxers? Because when I played, I rarely see multiboxers.

So how about posting videos of multiboxers? I do not deny they do not exist. I am asking for verifiable evidence from people like you that shows this is a major problem. Or maybe you do not know actually how big the problem is.

Besides, this is a discussion about whether multiboxers are allowed.
    They can't link anything because there is no proof of this great destruction.

You would think, with multiboxing being around since day 1 that there would be some proof somewhere but there isn't and there never will be.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Talby View Post
    Go away sea lion. You've been repeatedly provided proof including me which you conveniently left out of your quoting.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out
    Proof of what? Proof that you as an individual don't like it? Or proof they are detrimental to the game as a whole?

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    They can't link anything because there is no proof of this great destruction.

You would think, with multiboxing being around since day 1 that there would be some proof somewhere but there isn't and there never will be.
    Yeah man, tokens, sharding, isboxer, multi-tap nodes, 2x4, warmode, etc, all those things have been in the game since day one

Since you play horde you probably didn't even bother to think about what stuff like the quillrat farm did to questers. It's one of the first quest areas in the zone and you can't advance until you complete it but since the entire area was monopolized by 2x4 and multiboxxers it was either skip the zone or beg them to let you tag a few.

It got so bad blizzard had to completely strip all the rewards from them, and it's not the first time they've had to nerf heavily farmed quest spots. But yeah, that and the fact that tons of threads are filled with people complaining about how multiboxxers are ruining their experiences means they have no effect on gameplay xD

But please, keep telling me it's not real while blizz continues to nerf your farms because they're impacting other players negatively.
    Last edited by Talby; 2020-08-22 at 02:40 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Not only should multiboxers be permabanned, but the bans should be retroactive and apply to anyone who has ever used any software that broadcasts keypresses to other game windows. Botting bans are retroactive, and since multiboxers use operating system based macro software (not WoW's macros) which are the same as using a bot, those bans should be too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Resident Rump View Post
    Not only should multiboxers be permabanned, but the bans should be retroactive and apply to anyone who has ever used any software that broadcasts keypresses to other game windows. Botting bans are retroactive, and since multiboxers use operating system based macro software (not WoW's macros) which are the same as using a bot, those bans should be too.
    Considering Blizzard has said that Multiboxing is okay, if they were to change their minds and make it bannable, they couldn't make the bans retroactive. You can't just make up a rule and then punish everyone who broke that rule way before it even existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Talby View Post
    Yeah man, tokens, sharding, isboxer, multi-tap nodes, 2x4, warmode, etc, all those things have been in the game since day one
    I don't recall saying any of that stuff but ok

Since you play horde you probably didn't even bother to think about what stuff like the quillrat farm did to questers
    I play both

It's one of the first quest areas in the zone and you can't advance until you complete it but since the entire area was monopolized by 2x4 and multiboxxers it was either skip the zone or beg them to let you tag a few.
    I didn't have that problem

It got so bad blizzard had to completely strip all the rewards from them, and it's not the first time they've had to nerf heavily farmed quest spots. But yeah, that and the fact that tons of threads are filled with people complaining about how multiboxxers are ruining their experiences means they have no effect on gameplay xD
    Everyone has an effect on gameplay, not as big of an effect as they think

But please, keep telling me it's not real while blizz continues to nerf your farms because they're impacting other players negatively.
    It's not real
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Got a quote that isn’t 12 years old?

Quote Originally Posted by Necromantic View Post
    Got a quote that isn’t 12 years old?
    Blizzard's stance hasn't changed in the 12 years since it was posted. Why does it matter?

Blizzard's stance hasn't changed in the 12 years since it was posted. Why does it matter?
    As wishy-washy as they are and contradictory as their blues are, you need something that isn't old. You cannot deny that they've don't renege on things.

I thought you said you were out? Why keep coming back and posting ad hominem to people?

As wishy-washy as they are and contradictory as their blues are, you need something that isn't old. You cannot deny that they've don't renege on things.

I thought you said you were out? Why keep coming back and posting ad hominem to people?
    Do you even know what an ad hominem is?

Christ. I'd really suggest you re-read my post because I very clearly spelled out why it doesn't matter how old the quote is.

All you do is attack people's intellect rather than address the discussion at hand.

And yes, you gave your views on why you feel the age of the quote doesn't matter and I explained to you why it does.

Are you just here to argue for the sake of arguing?

All you do is attack people's intellect rather than address the discussion at hand.
    Ironically, that is the exact opposite of what I do. Calling somebody's argument shitty is not an attack on anybody's intellect.

And yes, you gave your views on why you feel the age of the quote doesn't matter and I explained to you why it does.

Are you just here to argue for the sake of arguing?
    That's rich coming from you. You're the one who bumped this thread with a hypothetical question which has a very obvious explanation.

A simple "yes" to my question would have sufficed just as easy.

Ironically, that is the exact opposite of what I do. Calling somebody's argument shitty is not an attack on anybody's intellect.

That's rich coming from you. You're the one who bumped this thread with a hypothetical question which has a very obvious explanation.
    Nice try. Get the fuck off the internet if i were you. Off to ignore list.

Ho-boy, just had a gander through the last few pages and it's not looking too friendly here. Nope.

I can look past people having multiple instances of the game open at the same time, but I don't agree with Blizzard's stance on the automation side of it. I have no problem with someone hopping between 5 tabs or screens while trying to manage all of them and i'd even be somewhat impressed by someone that had the patience to do it. But I don't believe that you should be able to control all instances of your game with 1 input source; It's a formula for cancerous game-play that other players have to deal with.

Not a fan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    New implemented rule in the TOS:

"One action per button press per character." There. You press one button and six boomkin cast moonfire or start gathering an herb? ToS Violation, banned.

How to enforce? Well if you see multiple accounts consistently performing the same actions within a few milliseconds of each other over a period of time, banned.
    Putin khuliyo