Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Omgwhat View Post
    I get your points, but if a person enjoys PVP and someone tells him that he can't or you're being banned from the discord,community and named shamed on the realm, and that gives someone power over that person, in a game that you can pretty much do what you want. Blizzard needs to clump down the cliques and introduce measures to not let this happen. oh and my friend is going for rank 8-10 nothing else
    Cliques are a part of what gives Classic that 'special' feel back. No one can stop your friend from continuing to PvP and enjoy his time played. The thing is that if he wants to join the PvP 'community', he should expect to have to conform to some (either written or unwritten) rules that are in place in that community.

As long as he is aware of these things, he should be able to come to a decision on which way he wants to go about this.

Edit: For example, I myself would be able to find gratification in the situation your friend is finding himself in, because I have no aspiration to reach rank 12+.
    Last edited by Rampant Rabbit; 2020-06-21 at 08:59 PM.

They are right and you nor your friend understand the situation at hand.

Caps are set specifically so people don't have to devolve into a ridiculous nosleep play 20 hours a day ranking schedule but instead through manageable gameplay sessions can eventually reach r14. But make no mistake, even though these players do enjoy their sleep if your friend intentionally breaks the brackets they will forgo any sleep and free time to keep their bracket spot.

You see it all the time, people like you and your friend thinking "Oh, BR13 cap is only 650k honor? I can easily get 700k that's no problem for me I'll go do that. Then the week after they'll raise the cap to 1.7 million honour and your friend can consider his ranking days over before they even begun. On top of that he'll be blacklisted from any premades so you better hope he enjoys playing AV by himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    You're not gonna get a good bracket spot as a low rank on a busy server, show some dedication to the grind first. Once you show you're serious around rank 10 you can ask for a higher cap.

You can break the cap individually and maybe you can snatch a top bracket spot last minute for one whole week but after that you'll never get the honor per hour to keep up with the top premades who will push you out of "their" brackets and set caps higher than you can reach on your own if you played 24/7 the whole week. And it'll be impossible for you to get into one of those good premades because you're a breaker and shunned by the rest of the community.

That's pretty much the system that's set up right now on some servers and there's nothing you can do about it.
    lol ask!
    Ask?
    That's fuckin hilarious lmao.
    The actual arrogance in these people is astounding.

I thought this is what people wanted?

Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Cliques are a part of what gives Classic that 'special' feel back. No one can stop your friend from continuing to PvP and enjoy his time played. The thing is that if he wants to join the PvP 'community', he should expect to have to conform to some (either written or unwritten) rules that are in place in that community.

As long as he is aware of these things, he should be able to come to a decision on which way he wants to go about this.

Edit: For example, I myself would be able to find gratification in the situation your friend is finding himself in, because I have no aspiration to reach rank 12+.
    Yeah, in that situation I would do my best to keep driving the honor cap as high as I could to make these asshats miserable. Hope some of them harass you in game so you can report them.

Sounds like a lot of effort though :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

just found that the dude runs the pvp discord for that realm
    Sounds like someone needs a girlfriend

That screams!!! for a report. Write what he is doing in the PVP Discord with Screenshots and also report him to Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    That screams!!! for a report. Write what he is doing in the PVP Discord with Screenshots and also report him to Blizzard
    If imagine the discord is full of people like that.
    But yeah, definitely worth reporting

Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post

Caps are set specifically so people don't have to devolve into a ridiculous nosleep play 20 hours a day ranking schedule but instead through manageable gameplay sessions can eventually reach r14. But make no mistake, even though these players do enjoy their sleep if your friend intentionally breaks the brackets they will forgo any sleep and free time to keep their bracket spot.

You see it all the time, people like you and your friend thinking "Oh, BR13 cap is only 650k honor? I can easily get 700k that's no problem for me I'll go do that. Then the week after they'll raise the cap to 1.7 million honour and your friend can consider his ranking days over before they even begun. On top of that he'll be blacklisted from any premades so you better hope he enjoys playing AV by himself.
    So his friend can do something he enjoys (playing pvp) and make their life miserable for a while? I feel like that one friend has more power over them than they would like to admit.

You would have to have the smallest penis in the world to whisper a person and tell him he cant pvp anymore that week because of "bracket breaking".
    This guy has to be the ultimate beta. One of the things ultimate beta's have in common is that they are all talk. Stand up to them and keep playing and watch him type some more and then go back into his quite basement.

Never - ever - succumb to bullies. You will regret it.

This is how Classic PvP system works. One ignorant idiot can ruin everything for a ton of people, that's why community did what it did: created an organized, ordered system which benefits everybody. Laws in real life work the same way. And if you are a law-breaker - you will be exiled from the community.

People were begging for social interactions inside their WORLD of Warcraft game, but when they got it, they instantly went full retail-asshole mode: "I do what I want, I will report your ass, hurr-durr!"

Don't play classic if you don't actually want it. "You think you do, but you don't".

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Yeah, in that situation I would do my best to keep driving the honor cap as high as I could to make these asshats miserable. Hope some of them harass you in game so you can report them.
    They hold the cards though. Even with 10 or 15 of them, (thus magnifying the disruption you're causing) it takes a lot less time for them to raise the bracket caps that it would for a solo-queuer to do so. Because they can force 2 minute wins in AB or w/e and make much more honor per hour. The whole system is basically based on them wanting to have to do that as little as possible, so they 'come down hard' on any player who would upset that balance with all the 'blacklisting' and other more nefarious methods, so order that they can keep the caps as low as possible and spend as little time actually playing the game to rank up. As others mentioned you might be able to disrupt the caps one week but you won't the next because they'll put extra effort in that week to ensure they can go back to the "least time consuming" weekly caps.

People were pointing out the flaws in the Vanilla PvP system from day 1 of Classic being announced, it was always top of my "I think I want it but I don't" list of changes if any that should have been made. AQ will be out soon so it's going to be a tonne less effort to get comparable to better gear from PvE so anyone who hasn't hit rank 14 by now has probably missed the boat for being overgeared.
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2020-06-22 at 09:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    I thought this is what people wanted?
    This isnt how it was in vanilla

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    This isnt how it was in vanilla
    Don't lie to yourself. It's how most People who wanted high Honor Ranks played.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    Don't lie to yourself. It's how most People who wanted high Honor Ranks played.
    I was a rank 10 myself. I dont know if you count this as high or not but there was no cartel running our servers ranks so they didnt have to do the actual farming needed for those ranks

They literally told him he is not allowed to play the game, or consequences. In my book that's a clear TOS violation and should be reported. But these days who knows, it's Actizzard....

Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post

What you describe is literally wintrading. All of those who get their ranks this way are pathetic loosers, bragging with their fake non-achievement and wearing their undeserved gear. They don't PvP, they don't play the game, they play the system for handout epics and titles.

Is it a stupid system? Yes. Is it almost impossible? Yes. Is it taxing on real life. Yes.
    Did they know this? Yes. Did they want this? Yes.
    So fuck off with all your excuses

They devalue the whole point of the classic PvP system, they disrespect the whole game. All this for a "stolen valor" fraud

Pathetic

There's nothing worse than a bracket breaker in classic pvp community especially if he's breaking the bracket on purpose. Brackets exist to make the life of everyone easier. Stop being selfish and be a part of civilization

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    If imagine the discord is full of people like that.
    But yeah, definitely worth reporting
    I can't imagine most people are fine with other people reserving ranks and bulling/blackmailing people into staying low...
    BUT: Screenshots are needed otherwise this is the same namecalling as described in the post.

So, I understand that server reputation was/is important, as I played in TBC.

But there is a limit to let's say PVP.

Friend of mine, got into PVP only just for rep and now he wants the rank up, and because he was active pvping whole 2 weeks, he got into the 2-3 brackets and some dude whispered him (that gives caps for honor per week) and told him how long he can pvp for (due to cap) and that if he is 'bracket breaking' he may be banned and he said those who broke brackets always need to transfer servers, I mean wtf? Because some top bracket rankers will be mad, he can't pvp? I mean he really enjoys it.

TLDR: He was told he will be named shamed in the server, because of 'bracket breaking".

who is correct here?
    Namingshaming? Brackets? Bracketbreaking? Bracket rankers? Sometimes I feel like I don't know any of the language anything.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Is how it happened in vanilla, at lest not to me. I start just like your friend, instead the pre-made team invited the people grinding not called them out for playing. Was a different time back then though.