Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dequanacus View Post
    You're free to think what you what, I'm just pointing out the flaws in your reasoning, as well as emphasizing the things you say that are likely to be considered illogical such as saying people are being penalized because people have the choice to not bring them to groups they organize. If you define a cartel as "any group that doesn't invite me" that's fine. Ultimately though, organized pvpers do not like people who break brackets, and choose not to invite them to their groups. If you have a problem with people having the free will to decide who to invite to their groups that's fine. You are still allowed to invite bigots and known cheaters to your groups, just as much as people are allowed not to invite bracket breakers to theirs.

I do wonder how your logic allows you to play a game where people can make groups, raids, and guilds and choose who to invite. I feel like those are all cartels, no?
    I dont say they are Penalized by certain Groups who look at some honor Lists/rankings/whatever and decide they dont want him.
    I say apparently judging by the Attitude of many here, and the Quotes of the OP that these people are activly Harrassed.

I mean did you read some of those Responses? Some (Most of the People in this Thread) People who come from these Groups/Organisations think themselves as people who dictate the Server Law.

And I repeat myself: What I think is messed up is less that you "Decide who you take into your Group, but that these Organisations try to control all PVP on the server. Thats what I think is Messed up.
    And as some people pointed out, with (at least how I understand this works) its a form of WinTrading, as the group decides who gets which rank next.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Then with all due respect: why even discuss if you have no idea how the system actually works and have no intention to learn it?
    I just stated my Opinion on the whole system. I really really feel it way overboard, and defeating the Point of the entire PVP system.
    Sure, probably if you play the system everyone (Except people not in the Cartel) wins. But as I said, I´m a simple guy:
    I Log on, I play, I have fun. I think its messed up that someone could come up to me and say: "Hey, you killed to much Horde Scum, you need to stop, or well make you Transfer server" (A Bit exaggerated, but that was kinda what was said in the OP)

Its something I came across in a couple of games, where you play and mind your Business, and then you realize that basically everything is run by this one Organisation. I´m not a big fan of that to be Honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Unless those brackets are super low (which means you're playing on a next to dead server), you can play 6h/day of PvP and you will still most likely not even get get close to break one of their brackets (meaning those "rankers" won't give a shit about what you're doing).

On your regular Server, in order to enable yourself as "bracket breaker", you need to play like 10h/day for an entire week straight, because you need to least match their honor gain.

1,7M is stretching of what is possible, at least on Horde (EU) side.
    For that, you need a gain of like 10k Honor / Hour while playing 24/7 straight.

10k h /h is possible during peak hours, but absolutely unsustainable over the late hours - ignoring that you have to virtually not sleep for an entire week.
    This is what I´ve been actually wondering, how in the world can a single person actually make a blip to these groups.
    That reinforces my impression that there is actually really a shady cartel like organisation that Bullys/Harasses people, if a single person playing solo can mess up their schedule. If they can keep it that low.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    They're a cross-faction conglomerate that camps Un'Goro 24/7 across hundreds of players, working together to ensure nobody but them is able to tag a Devilsaur spawn to get leather. Any Devilsaur killed by non-Mafia members is skinned by Mafia members regardless, as opposite-faction Rogues will chain sap the person til either the corpse despawns or a Mafia member can skin it.

This lets the Mafia set the price for all Devilsaur Leather on every new server, which translates directly to setting the price for all melee to become hit capped via the Devilsaur set. The massive profits that the Mafia makes are shared across its organization structure, netting members thousands of gold early in the life of a server.
    To be fair thats the same amount of Awesome, as its Messed up.

Bracket breaking is only a thing as soon as the bracket is initially broken. All it means is that others will immediately respond by raising it too much higher levels. Brackets are purposefully left at a reasonable level so all it does is encourage the people monitoring them to purposefully push them further and further out of reach of people playing solo.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, which is how everything in the game and society has always worked. I wouldn't blink an eye if somebody was kicked from a group for screaming the N-word and I would guess you wouldn't either. The difference here is that you personally care about such words while these people care about bracket placements.
    Boils down to personal choice and whether what you're willing to sacrifice and gain.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    And I repeat myself: What I think is messed up is less that you "Decide who you take into your Group, but that these Organisations try to control all PVP on the server. Thats what I think is Messed up.
    And as some people pointed out, with (at least how I understand this works) its a form of WinTrading, as the group decides who gets which rank next
    Yes, and it was wrong (no matter how people try to rationalise it) to have some sort of pvp win trading cartel which is why blizzard changed the system moving forward. The salient point here, however, is people playing classic wanted the vanilla experience, this was part of the vanilla experience, you gotta take the good with the bad.

I just stated my Opinion on the whole system. I really really feel it way overboard, and defeating the Point of the entire PVP system.
    I think the Classic PvP System is already built on a false premise as you're essentially competing with your own faction and not the enemy.

You can virtually never fight the opponent you're competing against while on top of that no actual matchmaking is involved.
    I Log on, I play, I have fun. I think its messed up that someone could come up to me and say: "Hey, you killed to much Horde Scum, you need to stop, or well make you Transfer server" (A Bit exaggerated, but that was kinda what was said in the OP)
    Again, you're only becoming an issue if you do that for like 8h-10h/day for an entire week.
    This is what I´ve been actually wondering, how in the world can a single person actually make a blip to these groups.
    That reinforces my impression that there is actually really a shady cartel like organisation that Bullys/Harasses people, if a single person playing solo can mess up their schedule. If they can keep it that low.
    If they actually pushed the bracket that low, then he's playing on a near dead server (where he's quite frankly not very bright for not participating as it's super easy to get Ranks if you're willing to wait) or he's most likely far from the only person that broke those brackets, where it again barely matters because those people have most likely more than just him to deal and simply placed those brackets far too low.

And if he's not going to break it, someone else will next week, at which point, the dedicated rankers will be fed up and do their own thing and this whole affair will fall apart.
    If you place your caps that low that a random guy can break it that easily, it's your own fault.

Without any more information regarding pool / honorcaps, i disregard this story, either said person played an obscene amount (at which point a bit more research can be demanded from a person), the rankers set their brackets too low (and it's very difficult to strongarm a decent populated server into "following" your caps), or we're missing a crucial detail, such as the person botting for their ranks and using "I just like PvP" as an excuse.

what the actual fuck? back in the day I reached rank 10 all by myself, had no idea about pvp communities or whatever, kept av farming all I could. nobody gave me a whisper. And if they do now, tell them they cannot dictate how you play.

Do not fucking stop, if anything, If it was me, I would grind even harder now. Go for it

I dont say they are Penalized by certain Groups who look at some honor Lists/rankings/whatever and decide they dont want him.
    I say apparently judging by the Attitude of many here, and the Quotes of the OP that these people are activly Harrassed.
    That's fine. I just think that's an uneducated opinion.
    Decide who you take into your Group, but that these Organisations try to control all PVP on the server. Thats what I think is Messed up.
    You're free to pvp. You just can't join groups of people that don't like your behavior. Same as anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    what the actual fuck? back in the day I reached rank 10 all by myself, had no idea about pvp communities or whatever, kept av farming all I could. nobody gave me a whisper. And if they do now, tell them they cannot dictate how you play.

Do not fucking stop, if anything, If it was me, I would grind even harder now. Go for it
    They'll just raise the bracket?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

They'll just raise the bracket?
    all good. I do not care what they do. nobody can dictate what I do. if they can farm faster and more than me, all the power to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Omgwhat View Post
    I get your points, but if a person enjoys PVP and someone tells him that he can't or you're being banned from the discord,community and named shamed on the realm, and that gives someone power over that person, in a game that you can pretty much do what you want. Blizzard needs to clump down the cliques and introduce measures to not let this happen. oh and my friend is going for rank 8-10 nothing else
    Man people work really hard to organize brackets and get the honor required. If you dont want to abide by the rules set forth in the discord community, dont cry when you get banned lol. Some of these people have been working for months, 12-14 hours a day in the top brackets to rank up. If you piss them off and do your own thing, despite knowing the rules, thats on you. Dont bitch.

- - - Updated - - -

A childish reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    A childish reaction.
    so you say they can dictate when and how much I can play. ok.
    mother of god people are you serious?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So, I understand that server reputation was/is important, as I played in TBC.

But there is a limit to let's say PVP.

Friend of mine, got into PVP only just for rep and now he wants the rank up, and because he was active pvping whole 2 weeks, he got into the 2-3 brackets and some dude whispered him (that gives caps for honor per week) and told him how long he can pvp for (due to cap) and that if he is 'bracket breaking' he may be banned and he said those who broke brackets always need to transfer servers, I mean wtf? Because some top bracket rankers will be mad, he can't pvp? I mean he really enjoys it.

TLDR: He was told he will be named shamed in the server, because of 'bracket breaking".

who is correct here?
    If he got that much honor just queing himself then it doesnt matter if they try to blacklist him unless hes trying to go to R13-14 then hell probably need a group unless hes botting.

That being said there is a tight knit community around classic pvp and they can shun him if he does what he does and they dont like it.

So, I understand that server reputation was/is important, as I played in TBC.

But there is a limit to let's say PVP.

Friend of mine, got into PVP only just for rep and now he wants the rank up, and because he was active pvping whole 2 weeks, he got into the 2-3 brackets and some dude whispered him (that gives caps for honor per week) and told him how long he can pvp for (due to cap) and that if he is 'bracket breaking' he may be banned and he said those who broke brackets always need to transfer servers, I mean wtf? Because some top bracket rankers will be mad, he can't pvp? I mean he really enjoys it.

TLDR: He was told he will be named shamed in the server, because of 'bracket breaking".

who is correct here?
    Unfortunately since Vanilla WoW's PvP ranking system rewarded time spent and NOT actual skill your friend (and all the servers) are in this position. Many servers have PvP brackets so that certain people get Rank 14 (or w/e rank they ultimately want) at specific times. This allows those who have put in the time ranking to be ultimately rewarded with their desired rank. It has the downside that a few people can mess up the brackets for everyone on the server if they just PvP 24/7.

Neither side is more correct than the other in this case, but it seems like your friends server has some sort of established ranking structure already in place. So the majority is going to win in this case. If your friend is actually serious about PvP, then he will love The Burning Crusades PvP system.

One last thing, I really wish the majority of people playing Classic (Vanilla) knew they are playing on glorified private servers (just ones run by Blizzard) and none of their gear/achievements/titles translate to the actual game (retail). I doubt many of them care since they (for the most part) don't like Retails game play. But I guess it makes good content to get a PvP rank from 15 years ago on a one-off (private) server?
    Last edited by Sinyc; 2020-06-23 at 12:46 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Whats the difference exactly? There is none? Right yeah. So back to it again. Nothing worse then people thinking they get to decide how others play the game.

- - - Updated - - -
    So you won't mind to have me in your dungeon group pressing Need one every single item then? Or are you going to decide how I am supposed to play the game? And if you blacklist me or call me a ninja there is no difference, nothing worse than people who decide how others play the game.

No actually its the exact opposite on most servers. There are people like you, talking out your ass cus you are salty someone doesnt follow your fictional rules, and then you flame them and you nameshame them and you do everything you can, and then a few days later everyone has forgotten about it.
    You're delusional. Even though I'm not ranking I'm in the ranking discord of my server and there is no one that has broken brackets and gotten away with it. They all ended up transferring, being gatekeeped for weeks on end and being ganked by Alliance rankers wherever they went or had to crawl down and beg for forgiveness and be put at the back of the queue.

If you think people are going to forget that you set their progress back by perhaps weeks you're clearly not the sharpest tool around.

Actually thats not what he is saying. He saying that people on that blacklist always has to transfer servers and he is implying its a bannable offence.
    No he is not, that is clearly just OP's lack of English ability. The reason people end up transferring is because no one wants to have anything to do with them anymore and they're now kill on sight for Alliance rankers. Even many PvE guilds wont harbour bracket breakers.
    Last edited by Naraga; 2020-06-23 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    So you won't mind to have me in your dungeon group pressing Need one every single item then? Or are you going to decide how I am supposed to play the game? And if you blacklist me or call me a ninja there is no difference, nothing worse than people who decide how others play the game.
    To be fair, it is against the Blizzard ToS to inform other players when someone ninjas items in your group and it's mafia like behavior to have groups exclude players from their raids just because they need items indiscriminately. Every time I see a player that nobody wants to play with because they just need on everything, I weep for the evils of the gamer community and their toxic attitudes towards others.
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    So kinda like how the whole "cancel culture" work atm?

If someone dosen't like you they can ruin you by you name shaming you
    That has nothing to do with cancel culture and has been around for hundreds of years. If the popular person said you were trash then everyone who wanted to suck up to them treated you like trash, same game under a different name.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Bracket breaking is only a thing as soon as the bracket is initially broken. All it means is that others will immediately respond by raising it too much higher levels. Brackets are purposefully left at a reasonable level so all it does is encourage the people monitoring them to purposefully push them further and further out of reach of people playing solo.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, which is how everything in the game and society has always worked. I wouldn't blink an eye if somebody was kicked from a group for screaming the N-word and I would guess you wouldn't either. The difference here is that you personally care about such words while these people care about bracket placements.
    I'm aware of that. On my server the people that have broken brackets have been shamed with nothing coming out of it, theyve doubled down and then a deal is struck because nobody wants to run bgs 24/7. What I'm saying though is if that guy is breaking their brackets playing without them then their bans won't mean anything.

Quote Originally Posted by spdr View Post
    I'm aware of that. On my server the people that have broken brackets have been shamed with nothing coming out of it, theyve doubled down and then a deal is struck because nobody wants to run bgs 24/7. What I'm saying though is if that guy is breaking their brackets playing without them then their bans won't mean anything.
    I mean, with solo queueing I don't see how it's feasible, see
    Brackets are purposefully left at a reasonable level
    Enjoy.

so you say they can dictate when and how much I can play. ok.
    mother of god people are you serious?
    Either follow the rules, or be ostracized. Those are the options.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ZazuuPriest View Post
    If he got that much honor just queing himself then it doesnt matter if they try to blacklist him unless hes trying to go to R13-14 then hell probably need a group unless hes botting.

That being said there is a tight knit community around classic pvp and they can shun him if he does what he does and they dont like it.
    I mean, not even mentioning paying for bounties from the opposite faction. Wana have fun on the server? Play by the rules. Otherwise, you may find yourself in a situation you really wish you hadnt put yourself in.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Either follow the rules, or be ostracized. Those are the options.
    Imagine trying to dictate who can join a party that you formed. If I want to play in your pvp group, that's my choice, not you, the organizer.
    Enjoy.

Whats the difference exactly? There is none? Right yeah. So back to it again. Nothing worse then people thinking they get to decide how others play the game.

- - - Updated - - -

No thanks. Its moronic to think you can control the game like that.
    Why exactly is it ok for certain people (for instance, OP and their "friend") to dictate how others play the game and whether or not others can play, but it's not ok for said others do the same thing?

Yes you are free to choose with whom you play with.
    But you are not free to Harass and Pressure people into stuff.

If someone plays their way, you are free not to engage in group activities with him. You are however not allowed to try to force him out of the game/competition/activity.

Thats the Law made by the people who make the laws of the game, which are not the players.
    There is no harassment. But yes, Classic is a game where the experience is created largely by the community, and not by the developer. That's why people like it. Dont like it - dont play it.

- - - Updated - - -

Imagine trying to dictate who can join a party that you formed. If I want to play in your pvp group, that's my choice, not you, the organizer.
    Of course people who create pvp groups set the rules. It's a simple supply/demand situation. Performers are always in abudance, leaders are always in demand. If you think that someone owes you something - think again.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B