Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    There is no harassment. But yes, Classic is a game where the experience is created largely by the community, and not by the developer. That's why people like it. Dont like it - dont play it.
    You think going to people and tell them: "You need to stop Playing, or we make you transfer servers" is not Harassment?

Edit: or "You may only generate X Honor/week, or we make you transfer servers" to make it more Accurate.

Of course people who create pvp groups set the rules. It's a simple supply/demand situation. Performers are always in abudance, leaders are always in demand. If you think that someone owes you something - think again.
    I hope you were using my post as a general reply to the thread and not specifically replying to my on the nose sarcasm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    You think going to people and tell them: "You need to stop Playing, or we make you transfer servers" is not Harassment?

Edit: or "You may only generate X Honor/week, or we make you transfer servers" to make it more Accurate.
    I can just as easily interpret it as "I speak on behalf of organized pvp and bracket busters are blacklisted, if you wish to bracket break, you'll need to switch servers in order to hit rank 14/engage in organized pvp as we will not be inviting you". You can be purposefully obtuse, but it's no different from someone ninjaing items, and not being able to find groups on a server because people know you are a ninja.

Someone being very direct and rude about it doesn't change that what you're complaining about has always been common behavior in WoW and elsewhere. Ninjas aren't brought to groups, neither are cheaters or bigots.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Oooooh no, people want R14 but don´t wanna take the efford that was necessary back then? You wanted it like that (me too), you got it like that, but now there is crying and screaming and blaming like little kids used to? It couldn´t be funnier, special snowflakes want it all but with a comparably small amount of efford @Omgwhat: Tell your mate he is acting more than correct, please make him go on and even push it further. A good friend of mine did the R14-farm back then, acc-sharing with his 2 brothers for 3 months to get there, but now people come around "hey mate, i want R14, but i have a job and kids and friends" ? well shit, i got some bad news for you

Quote Originally Posted by Tanduita View Post
    Oooooh no, people want R14 but don´t wanna take the efford that was necessary back then? You wanted it like that (me too), you got it like that, but now there is crying and screaming and blaming like little kids used to? It couldn´t be funnier, special snowflakes want it all but with a comparably small amount of efford @Omgwhat: Tell your mate he is acting more than correct, please make him go on and even push it further. A good friend of mine did the R14-farm back then, acc-sharing with his 2 brothers for 3 months to get there, but now people come around "hey mate, i want R14, but i have a job and kids and friends" ? well shit, i got some bad news for you
    What bad news? Organized PvPers objectively have greater HpH potential than someone queueing solo. Brackets are controlled by those organized pvpers and are purposefully left low to make it easier for them. Someone like OP's friend only encourages them to make the brackets higher, which only hurts the other people solo queueing by making their own brackets lower.
    I'm not sure what this attitude is of looking down on these organized pvpers like this is ruining them when it has a far more harmful effect on everyone pvping that isn't in that group including OP's friend. The consequence for those in premades is far lower than for literally everyone else as it is those same people who decide what the brackets are in the first place.
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    So you won't mind to have me in your dungeon group pressing Need one every single item then? Or are you going to decide how I am supposed to play the game? And if you blacklist me or call me a ninja there is no difference, nothing worse than people who decide how others play the game.

You're delusional. Even though I'm not ranking I'm in the ranking discord of my server and there is no one that has broken brackets and gotten away with it. They all ended up transferring, being gatekeeped for weeks on end and being ganked by Alliance rankers wherever they went or had to crawl down and beg for forgiveness and be put at the back of the queue.

If you think people are going to forget that you set their progress back by perhaps weeks you're clearly not the sharpest tool around.

No he is not, that is clearly just OP's lack of English ability. The reason people end up transferring is because no one wants to have anything to do with them anymore and they're now kill on sight for Alliance rankers. Even many PvE guilds wont harbour bracket breakers.
    1. That system is already implemented in the game. Choosing to be a douche might get you kicked from a group. It wont get legions of salty nolifers on your ass(according to you guys)

2. Your whole 2nd paragraph here just sounds so childish to me. I cant actually get myself to consider an actual reply. You literally have a group of manbabies who think they can control other people or they get "shut out" of their little social circle jerk. The first guy who experienced this and started reporting the offenders would see the bans of some of you for violating the ToS on name/shame. Its a s simple as that. Blizzard does not allow players to make rules like this and inforce it breaking the ToS. Its so dumb :P

3. Yeah thats a bunch of BS. I dont believe it for a second.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    1. That system is already implemented in the game. Choosing to be a douche might get you kicked from a group. It wont get legions of salty nolifers on your ass(according to you guys)

2. Your whole 2nd paragraph here just sounds so childish to me. I cant actually get myself to consider an actual reply. You literally have a group of manbabies who think they can control other people or they get "shut out" of their little social circle jerk. The first guy who experienced this and started reporting the offenders would see the bans of some of you for violating the ToS on name/shame. Its a s simple as that. Blizzard does not allow players to make rules like this and inforce it breaking the ToS. Its so dumb :P

3. Yeah thats a bunch of BS. I dont believe it for a second.
    All this boils down to is "If you want to do organized pvp, don't bracket break" not sure what more needs to be said. Premades are built through forming groups with other players and people that engage in organized pvp don't want to play with bracket breakers. You might as well replace it with "if you want to dungeon/raid, don't ninja gear".
    Enjoy.

Such shameless extortion. Such shameless throttling of what is supposed to be a competitive activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    They literally told him he is not allowed to play the game, or consequences. In my book that's a clear TOS violation and should be reported. But these days who knows, it's Actizzard....

What you describe is literally wintrading. All of those who get their ranks this way are pathetic loosers, bragging with their fake non-achievement and wearing their undeserved gear. They don't PvP, they don't play the game, they play the system for handout epics and titles.

Is it a stupid system? Yes. Is it almost impossible? Yes. Is it taxing on real life. Yes.
    Did they know this? Yes. Did they want this? Yes.
    So fuck off with all your excuses

They devalue the whole point of the classic PvP system, they disrespect the whole game. All this for a "stolen valor" fraud

Pathetic
    You Sir, Just won MMO champ! Briljant!
    And they tell us retailers we have welfare epics!
    (I get this is alot more work in classic, its Just a briljant overview of a screwed system)

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Such shameless extortion. Such shameless throttling of what is supposed to be a competitive activity.
    If you want to bracket break you're free to do so. If you want to play with others in pvp, most of the community won't want to play with you because bracket breaking makes what they are trying to do in those groups harder.
    If you want to ninja gear, you're free to do so. If you want to play with others in pve, most of the community won't want to play with you because ninjaing gear makes what they are trying do in those groups harder.
    Nobody seems to be able to argue this yet they carry on bemoaning people for organizing pvp premades regardless. It's not like they are preventing anyone from pvping, they are saying that they, as a whole, won't play with you. Just because all of them don't want to play with bracket breakers doesn't make it any less unsubstantial.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wedny22 View Post
    You Sir, Just won MMO champ! Briljant!
    And they tell us retailers we have welfare epics!
    (I get this is alot more work in classic, its Just a briljant overview of a screwed system)
    It's about as screwed as raiding with a guild that chooses who gets the loot. You need to group up with other players to hit r14 and if people don't want to play with you, that's on them. It's not any different in the actual battlegrounds just as raiding with a guild that decides who gets the loot doesn't make the raid any more or less challenging.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post

They're not telling him to stop playing or else. They're telling him to stop making honor or he's gonna be banned from the organized pvp community on the server. This is not harassment. Play by the rules or you will be banned from using player created services (which is what Classic is all about). You're not calling Blizzard ToU harassment, even though you pay money and have rules to abide, so why do it here?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dequanacus View Post
    I hope you were using my post as a general reply to the thread and not specifically replying to my on the nose sarcasm.
    Yep, sry misquote.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

They're not telling him to stop playing or else. They're telling him to stop making honor or he's gonna be banned from the organized pvp community on the server. This is not harassment. Play by the rules or you will be banned from using player created services (which is what Classic is all about). You're not calling Blizzard ToU harassment, even though you pay money and have rules to abide, so why do it here?
    Are you saying that me, a player in an online game, can personally set up my own community within the game and decide who I include in the community I myself have created? Next you'll tell me that guild masters won't get reported and banned for refusing to invite people to their guilds or letting them participate in guild events.
    Last edited by Dequanacus; 2020-06-23 at 07:43 AM.
    Enjoy.

Are you saying that me, a player in an online game, can personally set up my own community within the game and decide who I include in the community I myself have created? Next you'll tell me that guild masters won't get reported and banned for refusing to invite people to their guilds or letting them participate in guild events.
    Actually if it was real life in some countries I wouldnt be so sure anymore.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Many pvpers do not like bracket breakers and the player was being informed that they are aware he is breaking brackets and he will be excluded from the premade pvp scene on that server if he does that. Not sure how that's bullying as much as a player stealing a piece of gear results in them having trouble finding groups down the road.
    big difference if they approach him as "stop pvping, you are ruining our plans. or else well fuck u up" vs "hey i see you pvp alot, want to join the servers pvp group so we can share the rewards better?". not sure which one happened but when i was younger i wouldn't have reacted well to the former.
    Last edited by Hellobolis; 2020-06-23 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    big difference if they approach him as "stop pvping, you are ruining our plans. or else well fuck u up" vs "hey i see you pvp alot, want to join the servers pvp group so we can share the rewards better?". not sure which one happened but when i was younger i wouldn't have reacted well to the former.
    You dont get invited to organized pvp if you're just grinding. Have to prove yourself first and have some sort of proper gear, because otherwise you're useless. My guess would be that there's not much organized pvp going on the server if the guy is breaking br2 by just grinding solo. Or he's just grinding so much that they think he's accountsharing, and guys like that are the worst nightmare of any kind of ranker.
    Last edited by Thunderball; 2020-06-23 at 07:58 AM.

I'm not commenting at all on the etiquette of the person in the OP, I'm commenting on the overall existence of an organized community of PvPers that track brackets. Several people in this thread have written off the latter entirely which is illogical to me in a game where people often refuse to play with ninja looters, cheaters, bigots, and engage in content like guilds, dungeons and raids, that are selective by definition.
    To get upset at or mock people that organize pvp groups and choose who they bring in their premades does not make sense to me when most if not all of these commentators play in guilds that organize and choose who they include in their activities. The claim 'they are controlling whether players can pvp' applies about as much as not bringing someone to your raid is 'controlling whether that player can raid'
    Last edited by Dequanacus; 2020-06-23 at 07:58 AM.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Wait, you think that PvP is suddenly not competitive because we understand the system and how to co-operate within it? Would you be just as sympathetic if someone was experiencing similar treatment for breaking PvE loot rules?
    PvP is the competition. Ranks are awards for competing. Would you say the same thing to a baseball team who puts their best hitter at the top of line-up so that he has a better chance at a batting title, or MVP trophy? Theyre on the same team, co-operating in a way to let their best players excel.

- - - Updated - - -

By the sounds of it, the OPs friend was a part of that community. How else could one be threatened with a discord ban? By the sounds of it, the OPs friend slapped the hand of the people that said, "hey i see you pvp alot, want to join the servers pvp group so we can share the rewards better?", by shitting on the collective agreements within the community.
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2020-06-23 at 08:06 AM.

You dont get invited to organized pvp if you're just grinding. Have to prove yourself first and have some sort of proper gear, because otherwise you're useless.
    sounds like a bunch of elitist asshats then. let's not kid ourselves this shit is 100% about how much time you can put in, which if you play enough to affect them kinda seems like proof in itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Wait, you think that PvP is suddenly not competitive because we understand the system and how to co-operate within it? Would you be just as sympathetic if someone was experiencing similar treatment for breaking PvE loot rules?
    Are you saying that understanding better how raiding works and wanting to bring X class to a raid or requiring that raiders wear or use certain items isn't extortion and shameless throttling of players that want to play the game a certain way?
    Are you saying that guilds choosing who gets what loot isn't win trading because they are colluding with each other to direct a reward at a certain player when it could otherwise be random?

- - - Updated - - -

sounds like a bunch of elitist asshats then. let's not kid ourselves this shit is 100% about how much time you can put in, which if you play enough to affect them kinda seems like proof in itself.
    Except that brackets are purposefully left low because the community is willing to cooperate and they could easily raise it to a level that a solo queuer would never feasibly reach if they so choose. Yeah, pretty elitist of them to work in a way that allows people who don't do premades to still have a decent standing for the week.
    Enjoy.

Except that brackets are purposefully left low because the community is willing to cooperate and they could easily raise it to a level that a solo queuer would never feasibly reach if they so chose. Yeah, pretty elitist of them to work in a way that allows people who don't do premades to still have a decent standing for the week.
    that's not what you said. you said they exclude people for "bad gear", which just has to be arbitrary bullshit when talking about people who play this much.

especially when you consider that they would have to wait their turn for the high ranks after joining anyways.

Yeh, I mean, if you want to do 30min BWLs you have to put the effort in. How is this any different? You think they let anyone into the top guilds?
    Last edited by Daymanmb; 2020-06-23 at 08:10 AM.